PDA

View Full Version : Nicholls State Beats Rice!!!!!!!!!

FCSFAN
September 2nd, 2007, 12:06 AM
Remember David Bailiff and his DIVVY winning comments after he left Texas State for FBS Rice? Well I guess he's learned his lesson.

NICHOLLS STATE 16
RICE 14

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

xbowx COLONELS xbowx COLONELS xbowx COLONELS xbowx COLONELS xbowx COLONELS xbowx COLONELS xbowx COLONELS xbowx COLONELS xbowx COLONELS xbowx COLONELS xbowx COLONELS xbowx COLONELS xbowx COLONELS xbowx COLONELS xbowx COLONELS xbowx COLONELS xbowx COLONELS xbowx COLONELS xbowx COLONELS xbowx COLONELS xbowx COLONELS xbowx COLONELS xbowx COLONELS xbowx COLONELS xbowx COLONELS xbowx COLONELS xbowx COLONELS xbowx COLONELS xbowx COLONELS!

CopperCat
September 2nd, 2007, 12:08 AM
Nice work Nicholls!!!

Nobody else will look at this, because they're all too busy reading the 13,345 App threads that are going.xrolleyesx

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 2nd, 2007, 12:12 AM
Nice work Nicholls!!!

Nobody else will look at this, because they're all too busy reading the 13,345 App threads that are going.xrolleyesx

I took noticed. This is a solid win over a "good" 1-A team. Wouldn't have thought Nicholls would have the horses to get the job done but obvioulsy they did. xthumbsupx

Cap'n Cat
September 2nd, 2007, 12:15 AM
I noticed, too.

Attaboy, Nicholls State!

xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx

Lehigh Football Nation
September 2nd, 2007, 12:16 AM
Let me get this straight. The winning score was a safety????

youwouldno
September 2nd, 2007, 12:16 AM
I noticed. Great job Nicholls St.

FCSFAN
September 2nd, 2007, 12:17 AM
Broderick Cole was a monster!!!! FCS has two of the best FBs in the country!

Mountaineer
Fantastic win Colonels!

xbowx xnodx xbowx xnodx xbowx xnodx xbowx

T-Dog
Good job Colonels. Sucks that only a fraction of the attention will be on you (if that) but you've done yuor part.

EmeryZach
September 2nd, 2007, 12:18 AM
Nice win for the FCS

FargoBison
September 2nd, 2007, 12:20 AM
Nice win Nicholls State! Nice way to close the day for the FCS.

McNeese_beat
September 2nd, 2007, 12:22 AM
Remember David Bailiff and his DIVVY winning comments after he left Texas State for FBS Rice? Well I guess he's learned his lesson.

NICHOLLS STATE 16
RICE 14

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

xbowx COLONELS xbowx COLONELS xbowx COLONELS xbowx COLONELS xbowx COLONELS xbowx COLONELS xbowx COLONELS xbowx COLONELS xbowx COLONELS xbowx COLONELS xbowx COLONELS xbowx COLONELS xbowx COLONELS xbowx COLONELS xbowx COLONELS xbowx COLONELS xbowx COLONELS xbowx COLONELS xbowx COLONELS xbowx COLONELS xbowx COLONELS xbowx COLONELS xbowx COLONELS xbowx COLONELS xbowx COLONELS xbowx COLONELS xbowx COLONELS xbowx COLONELS xbowx COLONELS!

Great night for the Southland Conrference. Two wins over FCS top 20 teams and a win over a 2006 bowl team. Of course nobody will be talking about it (nor should they...Ap State deserves all it has coming to it in the next couple of days), but these absurd polls that shut the SLC out of the top 25 and these predictions I've been hearing where Poly and Portland were going to soundly beat Texas State and McNeese seem a little crazy now.

McNeese_beat
September 2nd, 2007, 12:23 AM
Let me get this straight. The winning score was a safety????

Yes, Nicholls blocked a punt out of the end zone.

FCSFAN
September 2nd, 2007, 12:25 AM
Let me get this straight. The winning score was a safety????blocked punt (freshman linebacker Garrick Spain blocked it) out of the end zone

kardplayer
September 2nd, 2007, 12:25 AM
Great job Nicholls!

FCSFAN
September 2nd, 2007, 12:27 AM
two hour long lightning delays in the game too!

Old Montana State Grad
September 2nd, 2007, 12:32 AM
Congratulations.

McNeese75
September 2nd, 2007, 12:38 AM
The Colonels have Baliff's number xlolx

Great Win Nich!!!!

Chi Panther
September 2nd, 2007, 12:44 AM
Congrats!!!! Party in Thibodaux!!!!!xbowx

Lehigh Football Nation
September 2nd, 2007, 12:46 AM
1 out of 2 ain't bad:

Central Arkansas over Louisiana Tech (FBS) and Nicholls State over Rice (FBS). I hear a lot of folks gnashing their teeth reading these picks, calling them gutless since I didn’t take a single FCS team to beat an FBS team. Well, Virginia, here’s where I show some testicular fortitude and pick not one, but two. A powerhouse team in transition to Division I, the Central Arkansas Bears have a good combination of anonymity and surprising talent – and they play one of the worst teams in FBS, Louisiana Tech of the WAC. Nicholls State, who nearly beat the Bulldogs after losing 31-21 last year to Tech, also have a great shot against a young Rice team (in Conference USA) that can’t stop the Klump family from the “Old Country Buffet”. Chalk me up for two, count ‘em, two big wins over FBS programs. Baby Bears 37, Bad Bulldogs 26, and “12 Different Herbs & Spices” 34, Minute Rice 31.

Appstate29
September 2nd, 2007, 01:05 AM
YAY two great wins for the FCS today! grats! feels great doesn't it!

AggieFinn
September 2nd, 2007, 01:23 AM
NSU getting it done! FCS pride mutha!!!!!!!!!

ISUMatt
September 2nd, 2007, 04:42 AM
Big Ups to Nicholls St!!!

gokats85
September 2nd, 2007, 06:10 AM
OUTSTANDING!!! HOO RAH!!

http://www.thecinemasource.com/moviesdb/images/R_Lee_Ermey-1-The_Texas_Chainsaw_Massacre_The_Beginning.jpg

skinny_uncle
September 2nd, 2007, 06:52 AM
Congratulations. I gave up and went to bed last night during the long delay. Always good to see an FBS get beat.
xthumbsupx

flea
September 2nd, 2007, 06:57 AM
congrats to Nicholls state

813Jag
September 2nd, 2007, 07:32 AM
It's a great weekend to be an FCS fan.

Ivytalk
September 2nd, 2007, 07:35 AM
Colonels own the Owls!:D xthumbsupx

TexasTerror
September 2nd, 2007, 07:46 AM
Nicholls State is not a bad team. They are a legit team and this article does them some justice, but does not give them complete justice. This should be a very strong team...

http://collegesportingnews.com/article.asp?articleid=86760

TexasTerror
September 2nd, 2007, 07:47 AM
Here is the Rice message board, known as the Parliament, if any of you want to get a good read...

http://www.ncaabbs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=444

jhbeagle
September 2nd, 2007, 08:05 AM
Congrats!!!!!

katstrapper
September 2nd, 2007, 08:08 AM
Here is the Rice message board, known as the Parliament, if any of you want to get a good read...

http://www.ncaabbs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=444

I can tell you that I was completely shocked when Rice hired Baliff as head coach.xnodx

RadMann
September 2nd, 2007, 08:14 AM
Congrats on the win!!

lambertjr
September 2nd, 2007, 08:52 AM
Great job Colonels!!xthumbsupx

I can't believe I'm saying that being a Demon.
I wonder if I'm in trouble with the faithful for posting this?xrulesx

FCS Preview
September 2nd, 2007, 09:03 AM
Congratulations to Nicholls State!
Unfortunately with the late finish, the App State win and the Red Sox gettting a no-hitter, this story will get unfairly buried.

But a great win over a FBS school! :D

bisonguy
September 2nd, 2007, 09:18 AM
Congrats to the Colonels!!! xthumbsupx

BobbyMo
September 2nd, 2007, 10:26 AM
Well done Colonels

igo4uni
September 2nd, 2007, 11:01 AM
The Colonels are Generals today!!!

ngineer
September 2nd, 2007, 11:05 AM
Great to see--do you call you defense the 'nicholls back' on passing downs?:D Way to go. Rice, while not a Michigan is still a respected BCS school.

mainejeff
September 2nd, 2007, 11:37 AM
Congrats to Nicholls State and their fans! I like the way that these wins over FBS teams are becoming ho-hum. ;)

kjacks27
September 2nd, 2007, 12:16 PM
Nice win Colonels! Anytime a FCS team beats the FBS it is a great day. Should we start a new thread to discuss if Nicholls State is beatable or not?

Sorry just kidding! Way to go FCS!!!!! We are not the little guys anymore!!!

TheValleyRaider
September 2nd, 2007, 12:22 PM
Congrats Nicholls!

I would like to point out that I predicted 2 SLC teams in the postseason. They may have had a few down years, but they're back, and as tough as ever xnodx xnodx

TxState_GO_CATS!
September 2nd, 2007, 01:14 PM
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

GAD
September 2nd, 2007, 01:26 PM
Great job Colonelsxthumbsupx

lizrdgizrd
September 2nd, 2007, 01:30 PM
WTG Nicholls State!!! xhurrayx

TColonel
September 2nd, 2007, 01:32 PM
It is a great weekend to be a Colonel fan and the FCS for that matter! The coaches have been saying for some time that the Colonel D would be pretty good, well they held Rice All-American receiver Jarrett Dilliard to only 5 recpetions for 41 yards and in the process ended his 15 game streak with a TD reception. Furthermore, the Rice offense returned 9 starters from a team that averaged over 30 points a game in 2006 - last night, Rice finished with 218 yards and only 101 passing with Rice picking up only one first down over the last 25 minutes of the game.

Let's not get a big head for Southern Arkansas this weekend and also not be looking ahead to Nevada on the 15th.

Geaux Colonels!!!!!!!!!

mistersykes
September 2nd, 2007, 01:57 PM
Awesome job, Colonels! The SLC is really making a splash so far!

Eyes of Old Main
September 2nd, 2007, 02:09 PM
I two saw the score. Way to go, Nicholls!

slycat
September 2nd, 2007, 04:03 PM
I can tell you that I was completely shocked when Rice hired Baliff as head coach.xnodx

i wasnt too upset when he left. our new coach has set up a better system and doesnt sit on the ball when we are ahead (we would have lost yesterday if that had happened). penalties have been cut back too.

congrats to nicholls st. great win.

Gil Dobie
September 2nd, 2007, 04:10 PM
Congrats to Nicholls on the FBS win xthumbsupx

GeauxColonels
September 2nd, 2007, 05:42 PM
My brother-in-law and I really wanted to go to the game but we're going on vacation next weekend and couldn't justify taking the trip. However, we did listen to the entire game - all 5 HOURS - from 7 to midnight and let me say, the final score should have been a wider margin of victory.

That being said, the defense played great and is a force to be reckoned with in the SLC this year. We have a transfer DB from Southern Miss that ended up with 3 INTs and a TD (should have been 4 but one was nullified by a penalty) as well as 2 BIG kick returns to put the Colonels in GREAT field position.

It was a GREAT win for the program (only the 2nd over a FBS team in the program's history - the other was over Arkansas State). No doubt that App State's win in the Big House was inspiration for the Colonels.

GREAT job to both teams and Geaux Colonels!!! Go Mountaineers!!

GreatAppSt
September 2nd, 2007, 05:44 PM
Hey Nicholls Y'all burnt that Rice real good. All ya can do with it now is use it to slop the pigs.xthumbsupx Good job!!:D

skinny_uncle
September 2nd, 2007, 07:20 PM
You might have got upstaged a bit, but still a good win.
xthumbsupx

Khan4Cats
September 2nd, 2007, 10:26 PM
Congrats Colonels!! Chalk up two BS hides.

GeauxColonels
September 2nd, 2007, 11:05 PM
You might have got upstaged a bit, but still a good win.
xthumbsupx
Upstaged yes....and rightfully so. The Mountaineers' win at Michigan is certainly more impressive and significant on the macro level of college athletics. Ours is more of a micro accomplishment for the university.

boonedocks
September 2nd, 2007, 11:11 PM
Upstaged yes....and rightfully so. The Mountaineers' win at Michigan is certainly more impressive and significant on the macro level of college athletics. Ours is more of a micro accomplishment for the university.

I don't know, I was super excited to hear the news that you had won, A great win for the Colonels, and FCS. Congrats, Well Done!

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx

GeauxColonels
September 2nd, 2007, 11:22 PM
I don't know, I was super excited to hear the news that you had won, A great win for the Colonels, and FCS. Congrats, Well Done!

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx
So was I, especially after sitting there for 5 hours listening to the hard-to-hear speakers on a laptop computer.

Demon Fan
September 3rd, 2007, 09:13 AM
Great job Colonels!!xthumbsupx

I can't believe I'm saying that being a Demon.
I wonder if I'm in trouble with the faithful for posting this?xrulesx

Not at all! Give credit where and when it is due! I am happy for our SLC brethern. It will make a Demon victory over the Colonels all the more meaningful. Congatulations to the "boys down the bayou".