PDA

View Full Version : 0%

blur2005
September 1st, 2007, 07:20 PM
Chances of App State getting a game against a BCS opponent for the next decade, outside of what they've scheduled already. And if they have scheduled some already for future years, those schools are shaking in their boots.

NDSUFREAK
September 1st, 2007, 07:21 PM
do agree there

mountain man
September 1st, 2007, 07:26 PM
We already have LSU, UGA, Virginia Tech, and Florida scheduled.

umassfan
September 1st, 2007, 07:27 PM
Well with next year being a 12 game season... have fun scheduling the 12 game lol

mainejeff
September 1st, 2007, 07:31 PM
I don't think that it matters. Other FCS's are still getting FBS games after they have won at FBS stadiums......Maine and UNH to name 2.

proasu89
September 1st, 2007, 07:32 PM

that looks like enough to mexnodx should be a fun trip to blacksburg.

skinny_uncle
September 1st, 2007, 07:41 PM
I don't think that it matters. Other FCS's are still getting FBS games after they have won at FBS stadiums......Maine and UNH to name 2.
After beating Indiana last year........

Saluki FBS opponents in the coming seasons:

2007 - Northern Illinois Huskies

2008 - Northwestern Wildcats

2009 - Marshall Thundering Herd

2010 - Illinois Fighting Illini

2011 - Ole Miss Rebels

ysuindy
September 1st, 2007, 07:44 PM

Time to start checking the buyout language in those contracts.

UNHWildCats
September 1st, 2007, 07:47 PM
Two things... The first post said outside of wjhats already scheduled. and also UNH beating Northwestern and Rutgers and Maine beating....???? dont rememebr are hardly anything comprarable to going into Michigan and beating a top 5 team.

mainejeff
September 1st, 2007, 07:57 PM
Two things... The first post said outside of wjhats already scheduled. and also UNH beating Northwestern and Rutgers and Maine beating....???? dont rememebr are hardly anything comprarable to going into Michigan and beating a top 5 team.

Well, they've got the next 4 years scheduled........I don't think that they'll have much to worry about......they might be a FBS program themselves by then.

CID1990
September 1st, 2007, 08:42 PM

Look for them to stiff you. It has happened to lesser FCS teams after FBS upsets, it wil definitely happen to you guys. No worries, though- it is the price of success in FCS.

mountain man
September 1st, 2007, 08:52 PM
I don't think those teams will all stiff us. If they do we'll add the money to the piggy bank.

lizrdgizrd
September 1st, 2007, 09:24 PM
I don't think VT, UGA, Florida and LSU are going to be shaking in their boots. I think they will be sure to prepare for our team. xnodx

mainejeff
September 1st, 2007, 09:56 PM
I don't think those teams will all stiff us. If they do we'll add the money to the piggy bank.

Exactly. If anyone thinks that those schools are going to take a financial hit because they are now afraid to lose to App State......they're sadly mistaken. If anything, LSU, Georgia, Virginia Tech, and Florida will now be more prepared to play App State and the game can now be marketed better to their fan bases who might otherwise be less than enthused to play a FCS team.