PDA

View Full Version : Western Washington 28 UC Davis 21

Mustang Man
September 1st, 2007, 05:19 PM
You Aggies have been keeping waaayyy to quiet on this one.

WWU 28 UC Davis 21

UNHWildCats
September 1st, 2007, 05:20 PM
thats 2 lower tier teams who wont be in my poll next week... plenty of openings coming for borderline teams who just missed the top 25 :)

CatFan22
September 1st, 2007, 05:21 PM
Wow. This will probably get lost in the App mess, too.

CatFan22
September 1st, 2007, 05:22 PM
Who did UCD lose from last year's squad?

NC Aggie
September 1st, 2007, 05:24 PM
You Aggies have been keeping waaayyy to quiet on this one.

WWU 28 UC Davis 21

You need to go to the GWFC board.

NC Aggie
September 1st, 2007, 05:26 PM
Who did UCD lose from last year's squad?

Lost starting QB and some defensive backfield folks........the good news for the ags is that they have a running game with a redshirt freshmen who appears to be a stud.

Congrats to WWU, they deserved to win today. Only thing I dodn't like about WWU was their homer announcers.

UCD was beat because:

1. Couldn't stop WWU QB. Very high 3rd down conversion rate.
2. Field position. WWU had advantage all game. Had a tremendous punt at critical time. UCD special teams not very impressive
3. Turnovers.
Trombetta is a stud, too bad he had a couple of fumbles. Too many dropped passes too.

Plough did ok.

Good news is that they have a runnning game. In hindsight, UCD should have called a time out when Trombetta went out because of equipment on last drive. He would have rammed the ball in for a touchdown.

They had better stop thinking about new stadium and all the hype about the new era, and making the playoffs. They need to win one game at a time.

Mustang Man
September 1st, 2007, 05:32 PM
Way to look for the silver lining. You can run on a D2 team.

ucdtim17
September 1st, 2007, 05:35 PM
I haven't been quiet. Our defensive backfield was awful - every other 3rd and long WWU converted on a pass. We played ****ty and they had a few key breaks and that's that. We had no problem with these guys in D2. We all like Biggs and our coaching staff but every year they find ways to lose games we should win. This is the worst

CopperCat
September 1st, 2007, 06:39 PM
Ouch. Those do hurt, but you certainly learn from them (I speak from experience).:(

melloAggiesousa
September 4th, 2007, 03:16 PM
*heh, heh!* This'll allow us to REALLY sneak up on people this year!

AggieFinn
September 4th, 2007, 03:22 PM
Way to look for the silver lining. You can run on a D2 team.

I've got mixed feelings about it as well. But the kid Trombetta can run, he's a very good football player.

AZGrizFan
September 4th, 2007, 04:26 PM
*heh, heh!* This'll allow us to REALLY sneak up on people this year!

Now THAT is looking at the silver lining! xnodx xnodx xnodx