View Full Version : Holy Cross/UMass

ChickenMan
September 1st, 2007, 03:09 PM
HC making a big comeback.. down 37-9.. it's now 37-30.. 8:50 left

radio link...

http://www.wrnx.com/cc-common/streaming_new/index.html?refreshed=yes

umassfan
September 1st, 2007, 03:39 PM
We shut the door on that. Their comback was sparked by our stupid penelties and turnovers. Two muff punts would do that to ya. I dont see 30 points being the norm vs this D. Hell their Qbs threw nearly 70 times.

UNHWildCats
September 1st, 2007, 04:41 PM
Im not sure UMass holds in my poll next week.. they may drop a spot.

umassfan
September 1st, 2007, 04:43 PM

Did you watch the game or are you looking at the final score?

Maverick
September 1st, 2007, 05:36 PM
I watched the game and UMass should drop a spot after that performance. After going up 37 to 9 they lost complete focus until it got to 37-30. Penalties, turnovers, offense going 3 and out are not the ways to maintain their ranking. The last field goal was set up by a piss poor punt by HC. That is the reality of what happened at McGuirk.

KAUMASS
September 1st, 2007, 06:32 PM
Was TE Listorti out for this game? I didn't see him listed as seeing any action in this game. Potent weapon missing if he was out. Back up TE Jorgenson a good player, but I'd rather see Listorti!!

umassfan
September 1st, 2007, 07:23 PM
Was TE Listorti out for this game? I didn't see him listed as seeing any action in this game. Potent weapon missing if he was out. Back up TE Jorgenson a good player, but I'd rather see Listorti!!

Yes hes injured.

umassfan
September 1st, 2007, 07:25 PM
you gotta beat a non scholly team better than that , to stay up in the ranking?

Am I wrong but didnt HC get votes in almost every poll and was 25th in one? xeyebrowx

Dont worry we will take care of business next week vs Colgate. Brown will not let the team fall asleep being up 30-9 again.

Minuteman87
September 1st, 2007, 07:26 PM

Oooooooh, I'm so scared! I'm sure the UMass players and coaches are quaking in their boots. In fact I distinctly heard Coach Brown say "Oh no, now UNHWildCats is gonna drop us in his poll! Damn!" as he walked off the field.

We're 1-0 with a win against a pretty good team (7-4 last year I believe?), and we played like crud. Dumb penalties, mental mistakes, turnovers. You should have seen the UMass players as they walked off the field. You would have thought they lost 48-0. You could tell they were not happy with the way they played. But even as HC came back, I never got the feeling the Saders were going to win it. Now, we play like that against any CAA team and we're toast ...

Now as for HC, QB Randolph got nailed late in the game and had an awful limp coming off the field. His loss would be tough to overcome. He's not spectacular (at least not today) but he's smart and steady. Let's hope he's OK and won't miss any time.

blur2005
September 1st, 2007, 07:27 PM
you gotta beat a non scholly team better than that , to stay up in the ranking?
Do you know anything about this level of college football?

umassfan
September 1st, 2007, 07:28 PM
Do you know anything about this level of college football?

Umm yea seems we have been playing Holy Cross and Colgate for years.

KAUMASS
September 1st, 2007, 07:59 PM
UMass is picking up right were it left off last season except for the title game. We can make mistakes and win ugly. We did it last year, so is it a good sign? I think so. We made mistakes against CAA teams last year and were able to overcome. It's our style, and we need to embrace it. Imagine if we ever play a "perfect" game..

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 1st, 2007, 08:02 PM
Not suprised how the game went. If Umass would have kept focus score would have been a little worse. Next week Umass plays Colgate who is almost the complete opposite from Holy Cross. The Raiders defense should give the Minutemen's offense some trouble however i think Colgate's "O" will struggle to get anything accomplished.

umassfan
September 1st, 2007, 08:09 PM
Not suprised how the game went. If Umass would have kept focus score would have been a little worse. Next week Umass plays Colgate who is almost the complete opposite from Holy Cross. The Raiders defense should give the Minutemen's offense some trouble however i think Colgate's "O" will struggle to get anything accomplished.

I really dont see many teams stoping our offense this year. When we were rolling vs HC they had no chance to stop us.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 1st, 2007, 08:12 PM
I really dont see many teams stoping our offense this year. When we were rolling vs HC they had no chance to stop us.

Holy Cross's defense isn't very good and will most likely be their downfall in a couple more games this year. Colgate has a legit D that could hold Umass to 24-27 points which i think would be pretty good. However, the Raiders will be lucky to score 10 points.

blur2005
September 1st, 2007, 08:13 PM
alot more than you --- ----.
I'm not sure what prompted that, since I wasn't talking to you. My question was based on the fact that UMass plays these schools that are "non-scholarship" (like Holy Cross or Lehigh) but use equivalencies, which means they are still very competitive and have been better than a lot of teams at this level. But calling me a --- ---- shows that you probably do know a lot more than me about this level of football, since it isn't like I have been following it for a long time.

blur2005
September 1st, 2007, 08:15 PM
you guys a taking a beating from one of the worst fbs teams in the nation so why don't you just s--t t-- f--- u-.
There's this thing called the smack board. Please employ that if you're going to produce senseless posts since I rarely go over there.

ngineer
September 1st, 2007, 10:09 PM
Opening games can be huge mirages..plenty of mistakes, still feeling out personnel, etc. The real measuring stick is how a team progresses from week one through week three. Until then we're looking through foggy mirrors.

Sam Adams
September 1st, 2007, 10:29 PM
It was a win. We'll take it and improve. Kudos to Cross for playing tough and staging a comeback.

Peems
September 1st, 2007, 10:37 PM
your first quote sounded like a personal attack, if it wasn't than i apologize.

if you go back, you will see he wasn't quoting you, but instead was talking to someone else