PDA

View Full Version : APPY BEATS MICHIGAN!!!!

igo4uni
September 1st, 2007, 02:47 PM
AWESOME!!!!

ucdtim17
September 1st, 2007, 02:49 PM
unbelievable. biggest upset in college football history.

Khan4Cats
September 1st, 2007, 02:50 PM
HAIL, HAIL, THE MOUNTAINEERS, CHAMPIONS OF THE WEST!!!!

Great win. Now somebody in FCS has to figure a way to stop em.

Drblankstare
September 1st, 2007, 02:50 PM
Wow, that is impressive.

mtgrizfan4life
September 1st, 2007, 02:51 PM
It sucks to be a Michigan fan. Game 1, and no shot for a NC. Even if they win out, I see no way they could play in the NC. Well I do, but they would have to have a true playoff system.

CoastalFan2005
September 1st, 2007, 02:52 PM
Holy Hell, what an ending! Go App! xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx

Jackluv
September 1st, 2007, 02:53 PM
Greatest college football upset of all time

Casey_Orourke
UPSET.....
UPSET......
UPSET.....

HELL HAS FROZEN OVER!!!!!!

Cocky
I have a new No.1

Jackluv
A pig just flew by my window!

Great job App!!!

gokats85
September 1st, 2007, 02:54 PM
HOLY CRAP!! HOLY CRAP!! HOLY CRAP!!
WAY TO GO APP STATE!! YOU DID US ALL PROUD!!!!
xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx

FCS Preview
Congratulations Appalachian State!

What an unbelievable game.

So glad I set the TiVo for this one so I can watch that ending a couple of more times...

Thundar
Caongats to App. hell of a win!!!

AZGrizFan
September 1st, 2007, 02:55 PM
It sucks to be a Michigan fan. Game 1, and no shot for a NC. Even if they win out, I see no way they could play in the NC. Well I do, but they would have to have a true playoff system.

And the hilarious thing about that is the only argument for the bowl system is that "every game counts". Guess what? NOT FOR MICHIGAN NOW!!!! xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx If they had a playoff, they could still have a shot....but now, they're screwed, blued, and tattooed.... xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Congrats, App State! Us doubters are sorry we ever doubted your abilities! :o :o :o :o :o

UNH SUPERFAN
September 1st, 2007, 02:56 PM
Are you kidding me?????? Congrats to App State 1000 times over! As a former parent of players at UNH I hope you App State parents have a REAL GOOD TIME CELIBRATING tonight!! I know we did last year after beating Northwestern.

Unbelievable!!!!

AZGrizFan
September 1st, 2007, 02:56 PM

And the hilarious thing about that is the only argument for the bowl system is that "every game counts". Guess what? NOT FOR MICHIGAN NOW!!!! xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx If they had a playoff, they could still have a shot....but now, they're screwed, blued, and tattooed.... xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Congrats, App State! Us doubters are sorry we ever doubted your abilities! :o :o :o :o :o

Maroons
September 1st, 2007, 02:58 PM
I hope they don't burn down the city of Boone, tonight!

It's hard to understate how momentous a victory App. State has enjoyed today. To think that we would get to see the Boise State and App. State games in less than a 12 month period!

redspider
September 1st, 2007, 02:58 PM
Greatest upset ever in college football history!!! Imagine the great time the seniors and juniors are having 2 National Championships and now beating the #5 team and Michigan in the Big Hose! Amazing App State they can call this one the Miracle of the Big Hose!

Maroons
September 1st, 2007, 02:59 PM
How sweet is this... after Appalachian State was used as a punch line in the Longest Yard!

barechestcat
September 1st, 2007, 02:59 PM
Well, there's no living with you ASU guys now xsmiley_wix

Congrats to you and your team, what an outstanding effort from a bunch of "cupcakes".

igo4uni
September 1st, 2007, 03:01 PM
I hope they don't burn down the city of Boone, tonight!

Can you imagine the party!!!

Word on the street is that Cap'n Cat is on his way to Boone right now to partake in the celebrations!!!

Maddog
Sounds like ASU will have an excellent recruiting tool for years to come. Congrats to the players and coaches on an outstanding win.

bluehenbillk
The greatest upset in college football history!! I'll eat crow, I thought App had zero chance, congrats to App & all their fans.

ISUMatt
September 1st, 2007, 03:02 PM
AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!!
What a way to break in the Big Ten Nework!!

mtgrizfan4life
September 1st, 2007, 03:02 PM
Time to vote on an BCS playoff now. Safe to say the majority of Michigan would vote for it. BCS welcome to FCS, where games are truly won on the field like this one. In the BCS system, the game is played on paper and votes, guess who wins that game, MICHIGAN. BIG BLUE is truly BLUE for the next year.

youwouldno
September 1st, 2007, 03:04 PM
Greatest upset in terms of the Vegas line? Not even close.

Most amazing upset? Yes.

I was in a huge sports bar... by the end everyone turned away from the other games and was watching App-UM. What an exhilarating game. I'm lucky I was able to watch it.

HZWV
As a Marshall fan, I hate Appy State still but I have to congratulate them.

Congratz

CCUBeachChicken
What happens now if App doesn't win the NC? They very well may, but say we had an FCS team that was even better. That says loads for the progress if the subdivision.

colgate13
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!

Way to represent FCS football!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love you App. State!!!!!!!!!

Mustang Man
September 1st, 2007, 03:05 PM
Huge Win!!!! Congratz Appy State!

Maroons
September 1st, 2007, 03:06 PM
Is it just me or is GoASU.com getting so many hits that it will hardly load? What a moment in the history of sports.

TheValleyRaider
September 1st, 2007, 03:07 PM
HOLY COW!!!!

MOUNTAINEERS WIN!!!!

GO APP GO!!

xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx

Casey_Orourke
September 1st, 2007, 03:09 PM
you think that Michigan might actually become a proponent for an playoff system?

I never thought I would see a top 10 1-A team knocked out of the FICTIONAL NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP by a 1-AA team in my lifetime.

I don't care if the terminology is old, but I think it fits the situation just fine.

Way to go APPY....now, You Montana State Bobcats need to do the same against the AGGIES!!!!

BestOfBreed
Congrats Appy!!!! I'll take my crow with salt and pepper.

VT Wildcat Fan53
ALL HAIL APP STATE! Greatest win in 1-AA/FBS History!!!!

blueballs
September 1st, 2007, 03:10 PM
As much as this GSU guy hates App I watched the game rooting for them and I can't be more proud of them and happy for them.

Many congratulations!!!!!!!!!

FargoBison
Great Win App State!!! You guys had me worried there for a while but in the end you guys came through and made the big plays.

Chi Panther
Congrats ASU!!!! I didn't think you could do it........JUST AWESOME!!!!!

RadMann
Congrats on the win!!

blueballs
September 1st, 2007, 03:11 PM
As much as this GSU guy hates App I watched the game rooting for them and I can't be more proud of them and happy for them.

PS: Enjoy this one Hillbillies, you'll probably not get a BCS game again for many years.;)

Rob Iola
September 1st, 2007, 03:13 PM
Holy friggin cow - not even Marshall back in the Marshall Invitational days could pull off something like that (they can't even do it now).

Congratulations!

Here's guessing that it's gonna be hard to get up for Lenoir Rhyne...

proasu89
September 1st, 2007, 03:16 PM

PS: Enjoy this one Hillbillies, you'll probably not get a BCS game again for many years.;)
That's the first thing that crossed my mind. Thanks to everyone for your support.xthumbsupx xpeacex xthumbsupx xpeacex xthumbsupx xpeacex xthumbsupx xpeacex xthumbsupx xpeacex xthumbsupx xpeacex

Gil Dobie
September 1st, 2007, 03:16 PM
Mike Hart - They are the best team we've played since I've been here. xcoolx

No_Skill
September 1st, 2007, 03:17 PM
I can't wait to watch PTI on Monday!!!

gvilleapp
September 1st, 2007, 03:17 PM
As a Marshall fan, I hate Appy State still but I have to congratulate them.

Congratz

We hate you guys too, but it's a fun hate!!

KiddBrewer
September 1st, 2007, 03:19 PM
as an appalachian student, and avid mountaineer fan, i didnt really ever see it coming, but good gracious, im on my way to boone, and im gonna get ****ty ass drunk!!!!!!!!!!!

AmsterBison
OMFG!

When I saw this score, I let out a whoop that they heard in Brussels.

One thousand Congrats!

xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx

scribe62
Love it when an FCS school takes an FBS school's money and beats 'em too. Way to go Appy State.

AppStateSVX
September 1st, 2007, 03:22 PM
oh my God, i'm speechless

JMad03
September 1st, 2007, 03:22 PM
Congratulations ASU! I was pulling for you!
Great great win and you made history!
Hopefully the rest of FCS football will get a little more respect thanks to you.

whitey
September 1st, 2007, 03:23 PM
Congrats ASU, ASU fans and all the rest of us FCS fans in general! :)

gatadotcom
http://www.gata.com/gataimages/appy.9.01.07.jpg

Looking forward to our game on October 20th in Boone!

Polywog
Everyone in FCS is an Appy fan today.

Congratulations Mountaineers!

Stang Fever
THE MOST IMPRESive WIN OF ALL TIMES!!!!!!!!

mrklean
I hate to say it but, CONGRATS APP. STATE!!!!!!!

gomountaineers
September 1st, 2007, 03:27 PM
I'm in a state of shock...

Blueandwhitefightfight
September 1st, 2007, 03:31 PM
Congrats guys. I'm happy for you, the SoCon, and the FCS.

However, I'm terribly sad for our recruiting unless we beat you in October.

DaveK
September 1st, 2007, 03:31 PM
I sat down in front of my TV today expecting to see a massacre. What I got was the most shocking upset in college football history, arguably the most shocking upset in sports history period with all apologies to the 1980 USA hockey team. Is App. State that much better than most people think they are, or is Michigan just not nearly as good as most people think they are? I believe the truth is somewhere in between. I think that because of what I saw this afternoon I can safely predict that nobody in I-AA will touch App. State this year and Michigan will lose a few more games on their way to being unranked at the end of the season. Look for a new coach in Ann Arbor next year.

catdaddy2402
September 1st, 2007, 03:32 PM
Congrats Appy State. Without a doubt the biggest upset in my lifetime.

I hope Coach Moore offered 'em a rematch next year in Kidd-Brewer

JMUSaxMRD
September 1st, 2007, 03:33 PM
Congrats to App State. Hopefully you aren't the only FCS over FBS win today :)

bobbythekidd
September 1st, 2007, 03:33 PM
I sat down in front of my TV today expecting to see a massacre. What I got was the most shocking upset in college football history, arguably the most shocking upset in sports history period with all apologies to the 1980 USA hockey team. Is App. State that much better than most people think they are, or is Michigan just not nearly as good as most people think they are? I believe the truth is somewhere in between. I think that because of what I saw this afternoon I can safely predict that nobody in I-AA will touch App. State this year and Michigan will lose a few more games on their way to being unranked at the end of the season. Look for a new coach in Ann Arbor next year.
You just don't have ability to type anything that does not make you sound like an ass. Do you?

Gil Dobie
September 1st, 2007, 03:34 PM

App St is that good, and Michigan is still that good. I predicted the App St win from day 1. Do a search if you wish.

Footix
September 1st, 2007, 03:35 PM
Congrats to App State. Hopefully you aren't the only FCS over FBS win today :)

Butch Davis isn't Lloyd Carr!

skinny_uncle
September 1st, 2007, 03:37 PM
So are Michigan fans.
:D

rcny46
September 1st, 2007, 03:37 PM

Truly unbelievable.MEGA CONGRATULATIONS today to Appy nation.BTW,do they have any room in their trophy case? I think they'll be needing it.

flea
September 1st, 2007, 03:38 PM
congrats App St. may get the dvd of that game now :)

Mountaineer
September 1st, 2007, 03:38 PM
Jim Donnan heaping on the love on ESPN News.

xbowx xnodx xbowx

CoastalFan2005
September 1st, 2007, 03:39 PM

I don't want to start a tangental discussion here, but I personally don't think there's been an upset that even comes close to "dethroning" the 1980 USA hockey team's upset over the Soviet Union. ASU's win is an IMMENSELY impressive upset - but it doesn't hold a candle to the USA/CCCP hockey game. xtwocentsx

oldSLOguy
September 1st, 2007, 03:39 PM
Hey, We've always said "Any Given Saturday"! Well, "The Given Saturday" just arrived! Congrats to Appy and their fans.
P.S. as one who missed the game, does anyone know if there is any way to access a video of the game or even highlights?
Go Appy! xeekx xeekx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xbowx xbowx

Mr. Tiger
September 1st, 2007, 03:46 PM
GREAT JOB APPY!!! xthumbsupx

DaveK
September 1st, 2007, 03:47 PM
I don't want to start a tangental discussion here, but I personally don't think there's been an upset that even comes close to "dethroning" the 1980 USA hockey team's upset over the Soviet Union. ASU's win is an IMMENSELY impressive upset - but it doesn't hold a candle to the USA/CCCP hockey game. xtwocentsx

I threw the "arguably" out there just to suggest that a case could be made for App. State over Michigan being the most shocking upset ever based strictly on the descrepancy in talent "on paper" between the two teams. Because of the political overtones overshadowing the "Miracle on Ice", no sports upset will ever truly top it in my opinion.

EmeryZach
September 1st, 2007, 03:51 PM
Can anyone say Riot?

Stang Fever
September 1st, 2007, 03:52 PM
I just wish I could have been there, I am looking forward to hearing from the APP fans that were at the game. I mean I would do just about anything just to hear t from them. But I imagine they wont have there vocies back for at least 3 days - 5 days!!!!! GO APP ST!!!

It is a suprise that APP won the game, BUT not a suprise that they were in the game at all. Look at there past history and it wil show that they are well coached and can hang witht he big boys. LAST YEAR i think it was they were basically up all game on LSU so why couldnt they stay in the game with Michigan and have a chance to bet them.

Casey_Orourke
September 1st, 2007, 03:53 PM
The only way Michigan and the others who were making light of ASU before the kickoff can save face now is by emphasizing "IT WAS ONLY A 2 POINT WIN!"

NDSUFREAK
September 1st, 2007, 03:53 PM
btw, how many Mountaineer fans were there at the house? any reported numbers?

barechestcat
September 1st, 2007, 03:55 PM
you think that Michigan might actually become a proponent for an playoff system?

I never thought I would see a top 10 1-A team knocked out of the FICTIONAL NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP by a 1-AA team in my lifetime.

I don't care if the terminology is old, but I think it fits the situation just fine.

Way to go APPY....now, You Montana State Bobcats need to do the same against the AGGIES!!!!

When this scores finds its way to the Bobcat locker room there is no reason to think it won't pump them up even more. Kickoff is set for 5:00 pm mountain standard time.

Again, congrats to Appy.

cane009
September 1st, 2007, 03:56 PM
congrats appy... from a ysu fan.

ysubigred
September 1st, 2007, 03:57 PM
WOW does that make Appy #4 in 1BCS xnodx xlolx xthumbsupx

Great job ASU!! I wish YSU could have done the same xthumbsupx

Laserlips
September 1st, 2007, 04:00 PM
[QUOTE=blueballs;633164]As much as this GSU guy hates App I watched the game rooting for them and I can't be more proud of them and happy for them.

Many congratulations!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE

+1! xbowx

J. Pomeroy

hapapp
September 1st, 2007, 04:00 PM
btw, how many Mountaineer fans were there at the house? any reported numbers?

Somewhere between 3000-4000.

grizband
September 1st, 2007, 04:02 PM
Congrats APPY!!!!! From what I saw in the first, Appalachian State gained control quickly, and held on in the second half. Good luck the rest of the season. xthumbsupx

89 Panther
September 1st, 2007, 04:05 PM
Excellent WIN!!! Great job APPY!xsmiley_wix

YaleFootballFan
September 1st, 2007, 04:06 PM
Wow!!!

Way to go Mountaineers! xthumbsupx

igo4uni
September 1st, 2007, 04:09 PM
"WHO'S ONLINE: 7929 Michigan fans online, including 5425 guests"

Lots of activity on the rivals Michigan boards!!!

I bet they are not happy!!

Death Dealer
September 1st, 2007, 04:10 PM
App St is that good, and Michigan is still that good. I predicted the App St win from day 1. Do a search if you wish.
same here gil. I picked them to win by one with a field goal at the end of the fourth. I'm going to buy my lottery ticket right now!

Eyes of Old Main
September 1st, 2007, 04:12 PM
Congrats to the Mountaineers and all their fans. Great win for them, the SoCon, and all of FCS. Way to "stick it to THE MAN"!

Mountaineer
September 1st, 2007, 04:13 PM
The entire front page of the ASU Rivals board is nothing but congratulations.

http://appalachianstate.rivals.com/forum.asp?sid=1187&fid=2485

Awesome. xlolx

MarkCCU
September 1st, 2007, 04:18 PM
WHAT IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!

NDSUFREAK
September 1st, 2007, 04:20 PM
http://espn.go.com/

Mountaineer
September 1st, 2007, 04:23 PM
http://espn.go.com/

Screenshotted. xthumbsupx I've been going around taking screens and saving every picture I can. xlolx xlolx

BR AppMan
September 1st, 2007, 04:25 PM
Today we gave our all. I have never been prouder to call myself a Mountaineer. Go APPS

SirApp
September 1st, 2007, 04:29 PM
Boone is in pandemonium right now. Probably the greatest game I have ever witnessed. Thanks for all the love. Time to party....

CopperCat
September 1st, 2007, 04:29 PM
Wow App, that was insane. I was watching the score updates come over the wire on ESPN, and I was thinking maybe Michigan was going to hold ya'll off. What a way to finish off the game: blocked kick. Congrats to you guys, that is a great win and one for the ages.

Don't you DARE lose to Lenior next weekend.xnonox xsmiley_wix

NorCalJack
September 1st, 2007, 04:30 PM
Congratulations Appy!!! Great win!!!xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx

Canyoncat
September 1st, 2007, 04:33 PM
Congrats to App State. Huge winxthumbsupx

Now I just hope my Bobcats can do the same at A&M.

ShowMeBear2
September 1st, 2007, 04:35 PM
Wow. carr is history.

T-Dog
September 1st, 2007, 04:35 PM
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f271/tdog231x/ASU.jpg

Anyone want a new sig/avatar?

thmst30
September 1st, 2007, 04:50 PM
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f271/tdog231x/ASU.jpg

Anyone want a new sig/avatar?
I've got every major sports pages, headline and photo saved on my computer by printscreen. Just so I can have them as reminders forever.

ncman071
September 1st, 2007, 04:59 PM
this is just unbelievable. i could not be more happy for our program, our state, and FCS. This win means so much for all of us!! Go App! Let's just stay grounded and pick up national championship #3!!!!!!

jbuggASU
September 1st, 2007, 05:02 PM
WOW I can die happy now. Thanks to everyone for the support! Much love to the FCS and go Apps!

trouthunter
September 1st, 2007, 05:28 PM
Wow! Now the FCS might get some respect--maybe during the 'Chatty game those bozos on ESPN might not spend the entire broadcast comparing FCS to BCS

Congrats to APPY, it is a great day to be as FCS fan!

CSUBUCDAD
September 1st, 2007, 05:30 PM
Makes me proud to be an FCS fan. Good job Mountianeers. My hat is off to you all. xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx

FCS Go!
September 1st, 2007, 05:34 PM
Great job App St!

Lots of cheers going out to y'all today in Lane Stadium (VaTech) as the score updates came through.

Amazing win, with style too.xbowx

cougarpines
September 1st, 2007, 05:35 PM
A university of Delaware fan offers all the congrats. in the world. You make us proud. See you in December.

Killtoppers90
September 1st, 2007, 05:36 PM
I will add a hearty congrats to you Appy State. You did a great job and everyone in the FCS (and a few outside) are really happy for you guys!

rb45070
September 1st, 2007, 05:41 PM
I am not even ashamed to say that I cried when we beat Michigan today. I dont care what anyone says, it was a great day for FCS and the Mountaineer faithfull.

I said its great to be a Mountaineer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

laxVik
September 1st, 2007, 05:45 PM
Congrats App! You look unbeatable at this point!

RabidRabbit
September 1st, 2007, 05:46 PM
xbowx xbowx xbowx WOW

xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx

OUTSTANDING START to possible 3peat. xnonox xnonox

Don't let it go to your heads Mountaineers!

HOW SWEET IT IS!!! xlolx xlolx xlolx

appsfan
September 1st, 2007, 05:48 PM
Thanks for all of the love. It is a great day for FCS football! There is only one thing which would make it better, for one of our FCS brother to join us in the win column!xthumbsupx

It's Great To Be A Mountaineer!!

JohnStOnge
September 1st, 2007, 05:51 PM
"For everything that Boise State’s historic Fiesta Bowl win over Oklahoma said about the new era of college football, Appalachian State just trumped it ten-fold. "

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/si_blogs/football/ncaa/

Pitbull
September 1st, 2007, 05:53 PM
OUTSTANDING !!!!FANTASTIC !!!AWESOME !!!! WAY TO REPRESENT THE FCS APP ST!!!!

GAD
September 1st, 2007, 06:11 PM
Thank you Appy!!!!!!

We all need to send Herbstreit some CUPCAKES!!!!xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx

Rob Iola
September 1st, 2007, 06:34 PM

Dude - George Mason over UConn in the 2006 BBall tourney (OK, I'm a Mason grad).

HaveFunKc
September 1st, 2007, 06:35 PM
APP-solutely an awesome game. Great to be a part of 109,000+ fans at the Big House! xnodx

And I agree - I doubt they invite us back any time soon.

Peems
September 1st, 2007, 06:36 PM
I have so much to say, first off Congrats!!!! I was at the Griz game and when they announced the score, the entire 23,500+ roared in approvement. App also set themselves up for many years to come. All guys now know about the team that beat michigan. Transfers will want to go there and everyone will be set up. Also App. St destroyed their chances of ever playing a FBS team again xlolx. Who wants to be the "next michigan?" next years schedule will be even harder to schedule. But let's all live in the moment and be proud of App. and of FCS. This game means so much, it legitimizes players like AP, David Ball all those guys who need shots. FCS IS THE BEST!!!!!!!

HaveFunKc
September 1st, 2007, 06:37 PM
Thank you Appy!!!!!!

We all need to send Herbstreit some CUPCAKES!!!!xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx

It ain't worth the effort. He'll come up with excuses for Michigan and give no credit to the Mountaineers. xbangx

No_Skill
September 1st, 2007, 06:52 PM
I would love for Michigan to run the table the rest of the season!!!:D xrotatehx :D

Peems
September 1st, 2007, 06:55 PM
It ain't worth the effort. He'll come up with excuses for Michigan and give no credit to the Mountaineers. xbangx

It's already happening, Mark May was tripping over his tongue, not knowing what to call App. St. "fcs, 1-AA" he kept saying "former 1-AA" team. They are more or less saying that Michigan lost the game instead of Appy winning.

Proud Griz Man
September 1st, 2007, 06:58 PM
Thank you Appy!!!!!!

We all need to send Herbstreit some CUPCAKES!!!!xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx

Congratulations Appy State. That's a great win. xbowx

blur2005
September 1st, 2007, 07:25 PM
It's already happening, Mark May was tripping over his tongue, not knowing what to call App. St. "fcs, 1-AA" he kept saying "former 1-AA" team. They are more or less saying that Michigan lost the game instead of Appy winning.
For once I was a big fan of Lou Holtz, who said, to paraphrase, that App State just outplayed and outhustled Michigan. Mark May is a moron.

CoastalFan2005
September 1st, 2007, 07:28 PM
I've got every major sports pages, headline and photo saved on my computer by printscreen. Just so I can have them as reminders forever.

Short blurb on the front page of MSN.com for those who want to screenshot.

Mountain Panther
September 1st, 2007, 07:29 PM
unbelievable. biggest upset in college football history.

Dunno bout that, but possibly biggest FCS over FBS upset ever.

Cap'n Cat
September 1st, 2007, 07:30 PM
For once I was a big fan of Lou Holtz, who said, to paraphrase, that App State just outplayed and outhustled Michigan. Mark May is a moron.

Mark May needs to be slapped. And hard!

xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx

FargoBison
September 1st, 2007, 07:32 PM
You guys realize that the Gameday crew took Michigan to be undefeated for the season, now this happens right away. I'm suprised they have anything to say right now. At least Holtz is being a class act though and giving App State the credit they deserve.

igo4uni
September 1st, 2007, 07:48 PM
Dunno bout that, but possibly biggest FCS over FBS upset ever.

I think it's the biggest in history!!

Old Cat Fan
September 1st, 2007, 08:02 PM
Bringing Down The House, way to go App State. last year my Cats knocked off Northwestern This year you guys shocked the country, Maybe just maybe the FCS will start to get some respect.xthumbsupx

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o183/OLDCATFAN/ncf_a_jackson_412.jpg

Ivytalk
September 1st, 2007, 08:10 PM

I think you're right!!xbowx xnodx xnodx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx Props to the Mountaineers!

igo4uni
September 1st, 2007, 08:12 PM
I think you're right!!xbowx xnodx xnodx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx Props to the Mountaineers!

I am pretty smart!!!!:) :) xrotatehx xrotatehx xlolx xlolx xnodx xnodx :D :D :D

BobbyMo
September 1st, 2007, 08:14 PM
Congrats App, that is unreal... GREAT GREAT JOB

Gil Dobie
September 1st, 2007, 08:23 PM
Mark May needs to be slapped. And hard!

xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx

Now that he is on your "People to Slap list", I'll gladly put up $10 to watch.

Mountain Panther
September 1st, 2007, 08:24 PM

After further research I think you might be right....just can't believe this is the first time EVER that an FCS has beat a ranked FBS team. You'd think a #25 ranked FBS had had fallen at some point.

Regardless, App State earned the win and they deserve a celebration like no other. I heard Michigan immediately offered Jerry Moore their head coaching job after the win.

Old Cage
September 1st, 2007, 08:27 PM
I have not read the 13 pages of posts, but from a UMass guy who was in Chatty - wonderful! Absolutely wonderful.

I know that the folks in the UMass press box were watching your game and not the UMass - Holy Cross game on the field.

With Boston College coming up for us, its interesting to think that we gave you guys a good run last year and now you beat Michigan.

We were up 37 -9 - or something like that - and running away, and ended up winning, but decided to take a period off. Got to fix that if we want to see you again.

Griz0383
September 1st, 2007, 08:30 PM
I bet the sports books in Las Vegas took a big painfull hit!!!! Nice work APS!!!

Grizo406
September 1st, 2007, 08:32 PM
I was one of those 23,599 fans in Washington/Grizzly today that let out a huge howl of delight when the ASU/Michigan score was announced.

Congrats to the Mountaineers! You guys are THE BEST!!!

lambertjr
September 1st, 2007, 08:38 PM
You guys realize that the Gameday crew took Michigan to be undefeated for the season, now this happens right away. I'm suprised they have anything to say right now. At least Holtz is being a class act though and giving App State the credit they deserve.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx
xthumbsupx to Lou.
Hey Mark and Kirk and the rest of the D1 mafia...xbawlingx xbawlingx

UDChE89
September 1st, 2007, 08:39 PM
I've been traveling home all day and my jaw dropped when I saw the score. I'm dumbfounded but very proud of App State showing what an FCS team can do.

Old Cat Fan
September 1st, 2007, 08:39 PM
I bet the sports books in Las Vegas took a big painfull hit!!!! Nice work APS!!!

Would of been just the opposite I think, everyone would have had Michigan to cover so the books should of cleaned up, I don't gamble so correct me if i'm wrong xconfusedx

Umass74
September 1st, 2007, 08:41 PM
When they announced the Appy-Michigan final score the crowd at UMass cheered. xthumbsupx

igo4uni
September 1st, 2007, 08:45 PM
After further research I think you might be right.

Well of course I'm right!!

asu3peat
September 1st, 2007, 08:45 PM
First off, thanks for all the love. I'm in Ann Arbor and that is the best game I've ever witnessed. Our boys played their hearts out and made us all proud. I would say of the 109,000+, ASU had 4000-5000 fans. There is nothing sweeter than having your team quiet that many people. Herbstreit and Sandler need to come pay a visit to App-a-latch-un (not Appalay-chun Kirk). As some have pointed out, the talking heads are giving no credit to our winning, but UM's losing. This isn't surprising and I believe most predicted this response. No matter their reaction, we should all enjoy this "W". I would love to be back in Boone tonight getting rowdy.The word on the street is that people in Boone vacated the bars once we won and tore down the goal posts and marched them down the street. I will be pulling for all FCS squads when they play any FBS. This is the biggest college football upset in history and I was here to witness it. I'm still in shock, somone please pinch me, I must be dreaming. Good luck to everyone and let's go out there and settle our National Championship on the field!

spelunker64
September 1st, 2007, 08:52 PM
Congrats App State and FCS

igo4uni
September 1st, 2007, 08:53 PM
First off, thanks for all the love. I'm in Ann Arbor and that is the best game I've ever witnessed. Our boys played their hearts out and made us all proud. I would say of the 109,000+, ASU had 4000-5000 fans. There is nothing sweeter than having your team quiet that many people. Herbstreit and Sandler need to come pay a visit to App-a-latch-un (not Appalay-chun Kirk). As some have pointed out, the talking heads are giving no credit to our winning, but UM's losing. This isn't surprising and I believe most predicted this response. No matter their reaction, we should all enjoy this "W". I would love to be back in Boone tonight getting rowdy.The word on the street is that people in Boone vacated the bars once we won and tore down the goal posts and marched them down the street. I will be pulling for all FCS squads when they play any FBS. This is the biggest college football upset in history and I was here to witness it. I'm still in shock, somone please pinch me, I must be dreaming. Good luck to everyone and let's go out there and settle our National Championship on the field!

Good post...............especially the last sentence!!!!!!

lambertjr
September 1st, 2007, 08:55 PM

I can't believe you used the "played their hearts out" line.xoopsx Cliches kill.xlolx
Congrats to the Moutaineer faithful!!xthumbsupx

bobbythekidd
September 1st, 2007, 09:01 PM
Who won?

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

asu3peat
September 1st, 2007, 09:08 PM
I can't believe you used the "played their hearts out" line.xoopsx Cliches kill.xlolx
Congrats to the Moutaineer faithful!!xthumbsupx

Sorry for the cliche. I'm emotionally and mentally drained. I have no voice and lots of debt to pay back for this, but damn is it all worth it!!!

Cobblestone
September 1st, 2007, 09:16 PM
To all App State fans (especially those who made the trip),

There is not much I can say that has not already been said. Congrats to your team, thumbs up to you who made the trip and thank you for bringing pride to FCS football.

NOW START DRINKING! xbeerchugx

lambertjr
September 1st, 2007, 09:21 PM
Sorry for the cliche. I'm emotionally and mentally drained. I have no voice and lots of debt to pay back for this, but damn is it all worth it!!!
I couldn't help it!
I was cheering like crazy for ASU to win.
Enjoy the celebration.xthumbsupx

YOsef
September 1st, 2007, 09:23 PM
OK, my heart held out for the second half and I did not fall out on the floor what a game, and what a great day for FCS Footballl

aust42
September 1st, 2007, 09:27 PM
GREAT WIN!! I listened to the game on Serious Satelite radio and they had the Michigan broadcaste. I thought they gave Ap St a lot of credit for the win. Don't pull a Montana State next week!!

HI54UNI
September 1st, 2007, 09:35 PM
Way to Go Appy!

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

jbuggASU
September 1st, 2007, 09:39 PM
Have these videos been posted? Penn State fans watching the App game. Luv the ASU chants, now we just have to tell them its Appa"LATCH"un!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=397UrwydsC0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1czx8Db4IH0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5a_50qzE3c

Mountain Panther
September 1st, 2007, 09:53 PM
Well of course I'm right!!

Does that mean I need to start listening to Rush?

yoself09
September 1st, 2007, 10:03 PM
I was in tears after the game

I'm glad I am an App fan

It's Great To Be A Mountaineer!!!!!

GABison
September 1st, 2007, 10:17 PM
Congrats, Appalachian State!!!

Crap, your awesome victory will kind of water down our win over Minnesota on 10/20.:)

After we win in MinneLand, FCS will own the Big Ten.xsmiley_wix

Again, great job.

JMU1992
September 1st, 2007, 11:05 PM
I absolutely love it!!

I live in Michigan not far from Ann Arbor, and to hear the way they talked about App St. up here on the local sports radio just pissed me off. They are so clueless around here about anything outside the Big Ten, that I just wanted App St. to put up a good fight to shut these people up. But to win the game?..................PRICELESS!!!

I can't wait to hear them on Monday.

T-Dog
September 1st, 2007, 11:10 PM
I can't wait to hear them on Monday.

I'll save you the time.

"App State got lucky. Michigan played horrible. Fire Lloyd Carr. How can we lose to a Division 2 team? Fire Lloyd Carr. App State got lucky. We'll win every game from here on it. Fire Lloyd Carr. Boycott the Oregon game. See you tommorow when we say the exact same things but less angrily."

jessesd
September 1st, 2007, 11:17 PM
xlolx xlolx xlolx Beating michigan,xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx
xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx so easy a mountaneir can do it!!!!xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx
Sorry Geico!!
xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx I have to eat crow on this one, way to go Appy, my hat is off to youxbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx

MARooney
September 1st, 2007, 11:24 PM
And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground.

Golden Eagle
September 1st, 2007, 11:39 PM
Eh, not bad, not bad.

But now you know the App fans are going to be impossible to live with.

SuperJon
September 1st, 2007, 11:47 PM
I just want to tell you guys that we were tailgating this afternoon and we had about 200-250 people yelling across parking lots to the guy who had satellite radio asking about the game. When App won, there was a huge cheer from the Liberty fans.

Congrats Apps.

HiHiYikas
September 1st, 2007, 11:49 PM
I wore my Corey Lynch jersey to the Washington Nationals game tonight. I got congrats from lots of strangers.

It's nice to be the center of attention on ESPN for a while.

How does Mark May still not know how to say our name?

I love Lou Holtz..."this was not an upset."

Damn right, Lou. Damn right.

T-Dog
September 1st, 2007, 11:49 PM
Lou Holts is putting whats-his-face in his place by "The coach doesn't make mistakes, the coach doesn't miss tackles or assigments. This was not an upset."

It comes down to the players on the field. Well said Lou.

psc2445
September 2nd, 2007, 12:01 AM
just got back home in North Carolina. Being in those stands today was an awesome experience! Being a former player and being their with my brother and dad made it even more special. We went through countless punches and high fives with the ASU crowd around us. Chill bumps were abound and they come back everytime i see a highlight. UNREAL, i didnt think we could do it. I just wanted it to be respectful. We refused to lose, this win is getting our name out there everywhere! I remember the euphoria in Chatty the last two years, and to be honest, being in those stands today, it trumped it.

asu7
September 2nd, 2007, 12:02 AM
I can't sleep :) I wonder how many fans can't sleep right now!! ... I just want to say wow and I am so proud to be a Mountaineer! I think it is so cool that everyone has came together to enjoy this great moment in college football history. Looking forward to being in Boone next weekend :)

Cap'n Cat
September 2nd, 2007, 12:39 AM
Fabulous, guys. Most of the rest of us can just dream. This may NEVER be duplicated.

xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

Peems
September 2nd, 2007, 12:46 AM
Even Jerry Moore seemed speechless when they were interviewing him on the field

Casey_Orourke
September 2nd, 2007, 12:48 AM
Telling the FBS world that Appalachian State deserves a chance to prove themselves

$0.02...

Predicting an Appalachian State win over #5 Michigan:

$0.25 and a cup of coffee...

Payday for just showing up in Ann Arbor:

$400,000...

Seeing the look on everybody's face when Appalachian State
wins over Michigan:

Priceless...

There are some things money can't buy,

for everything else there's

MASTERCARD!

JaxSinfonian
September 2nd, 2007, 02:01 AM
I knew you guys were leading when I left for Montgomery to see my Gamecocks play today. I was spinning the radio dial trying to find the score on the way down, finally found the UAT pregame show (three hours before kickoff?), and a wave of static started to drown out the signal as they said "Up in Ann Arbor ..." then the signal came back in just long enough to hear the final score. All of a sudden my passenger and I were whooping as we headed down Alabama Hwy. 21, for a team we'd never seen play.

My Gamecocks lost to Alabama State, but I'm glad another ASU in black and gold gave me something to smile about on the long ride home.

It's a shame all the national media will be talking about "little" and "unknown" Appalachian State. If they paid the attention they should to real championship football, everybody would already know about them. Instead, all the coverage of FCS is either local or fan-generated. But that's fine. Just means we're the lucky few who get to explain this to the confused masses out there.

One more thing ... Appy, now that you've pulled this off, I will be able to point out to the JSU folks who want to go FBS, "App. State is one of the best teams in the country and they play in FCS. They just beat Michigan and they're not moving up. If they're not interested, why are we?" (So, to save my argument, please don't announce a move up anytime soon!)

Congratulations! We are all Mountaineers tonight!

DaveK
September 2nd, 2007, 02:46 AM
Congrats, Appalachian State!!!

Crap, your awesome victory will kind of water down our win over Minnesota on 10/20.:)

After we win in MinneLand, FCS will own the Big Ten.xsmiley_wix

Again, great job.

Newsflash, you aren't going to beat the Gophers. Your team had their once in a lifetime chance to do that last year and crapped their pants. This year Minnesota is going to get some revenge (even though they actually won that game last year).

DaveK
September 2nd, 2007, 02:50 AM
I would love for Michigan to run the table the rest of the season!!!:D xrotatehx :D

And I'd love to wake up with a million dollars on my pillow tomorrow morning, but let's be realistic. Based on what we saw Saturday afternoon, Michigan will lose a few more games between now and the end of the season. Anybody who loses to a I-AA opponent and still has a full Big 10 schedule ahead of them simply isn't capable of running the table the rest of the season.

Cap'n Cat
September 2nd, 2007, 02:54 AM
Herd 30
Minnesoter 13

bluedog
September 2nd, 2007, 05:15 AM
I just had to stop in for a`second and tip my hat to Appalachian State. What a great victory you guys had today and without a doubt it has to be the biggest and greatest win ever by a small college football team.

Great win guys you'll be talking about this one in the old folks home.

xlolx xthumbsupx xbowx

JMU-MRD-DAD
September 2nd, 2007, 07:11 AM
...........................AWESOME................ ...........Some way to start the season..............

danefan
September 2nd, 2007, 07:29 AM
headline made Drudge Report...the most accessed news website on the internet.

www.drudgereport.com (middle column a couple headlines down).

jhbeagle
September 2nd, 2007, 08:01 AM
Congrats on an great game!!! I was confused because I couldn't believe what I was saying "RUN LYNCH, RUN LYNCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!". Congrats from a GSU guy.

Johnny5
September 2nd, 2007, 09:07 AM
CONGRATS APPY STATE and their fans

OL FU
September 2nd, 2007, 09:10 AM
I have happily eaten all the crow I could stuff in my face.

Great game guys.xthumbsupx

GABison
September 2nd, 2007, 09:50 AM
Newsflash, you aren't going to beat the Gophers. Your team had their once in a lifetime chance to do that last year and crapped their pants. This year Minnesota is going to get some revenge (even though they actually won that game last year).

Geez DaveK,

You are crabby because:
a) You didn't get your degree from NDSU.
b) You have taken one too many hockey pucks to the head.
c) Your straitjacket is pinching you.
d) You can't use the FCS is not much different than DII because a FCS team have never beaten a ranked FBS team before argument when hammering FCS.
e) Its Sunday morning and they picked today to give you a "drug holiday"
f) All of the above.

Mountain Panther
September 2nd, 2007, 10:02 AM
Geez DaveK,

You are crabby because:
d) You can't use the FCS is not much different than DII because a FCS team have never beaten a ranked FBS team before argument when hammering FCS.
f) All of the above.

More UND/NDSU bickering? I thought you guys had your own thread in the Smack board for that? xrolleyesx

But since we're on the topic, the Gophers just lost to Bowling Green at home, so NDSU could take this once.....easily.

Gil Dobie
September 2nd, 2007, 10:05 AM

Your analysis of FCS vs FBS games took a big hit with the App St win. I don't give much creedence to your Gophers analysis either. The Gophers just lost to Bowling Green which is in the same conference as Ball St, and had a similar record last year as Ball St.

DaveK
September 2nd, 2007, 02:06 PM
Geez DaveK,

You are crabby because:
f) All of the above.

No, I'm crabby because Bison zealots are trying to turn an App. State/Michigan thread into yet another "NDSU is going to beat the Gophers" thread. For a team that hasn't hosted a playoff game in 15 years, you guys have a bunch of arrogant blowhard fans. Just STFU until your team actually does beat the Gophers or somebody even better from a D1 BCS conference. Losing by only one point doesn't give you a free pass to run your mouth.

Gil Dobie
September 2nd, 2007, 02:11 PM
No, I'm crabby because Bison zealots are trying to turn an App. State/Michigan thread into yet another "NDSU is going to beat the Gophers" thread. For a team that hasn't hosted a playoff game in 15 years, you guys have a bunch of arrogant blowhard fans. Just STFU until your team actually does beat the Gophers or somebody even better from a D1 BCS conference. Losing by only one point doesn't give you a free pass to run your mouth.

You said the Bison would lose by 40 last year, give it up. xsmhx

Tatanka
September 2nd, 2007, 02:12 PM
xsmhx

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanyways, back on topic. Congrats App St! Way to do the FCS proud!

mmiller_34
November 24th, 2013, 09:13 PM
Bump.

Thought about this thread when I saw the Georgia Southern beats Florida thread. Going to miss these schools in FCS. Good luck and Godspeed in FBS.