PDA

View Full Version : "Cupcakes?"

Nebuta
September 1st, 2007, 09:22 AM
Disappointing to hear ESPN College Gameday talk about FCS which they kept saying I-AA, and asking why the Big Ten was playing on these "cupcakes?" (FCS schools). I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope there is an upset in the making.
Good luck today.

GAD
September 1st, 2007, 09:28 AM
I saw that too, I hope App state, Youngstown, and James Madison, do well today.

Good Luck guys rep FCS well

ngineer
September 1st, 2007, 09:28 AM
Disappointing to hear ESPN College Gameday talk about FCS which they kept saying I-AA, and asking why the Big Ten was playing on these "cupcakes?" (FCS schools). I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope there is an upset in the making.
Good luck today.

I agree. I am salivating at the prospect of another win like UNH had over Northwestern or MSU over Colorado last year. We're pullling for all our FCS brothers out there to make a statement!xthumbsupx

GaSouthern
September 1st, 2007, 09:29 AM
I still cant believe its GAME DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(us GSU fans have the first week off :()

catamount man
September 1st, 2007, 09:46 AM
Herbstreit verbally raped my Catamounts, claiming he didn't even "know who they were". I swear, if we SOMEHOW, SOMEWAY upset Alabama, by-God he WILL know who WCU is because I will email his sorry overrated pompous butt EVERY SINGLE DAY next week. What a loser!

He started one year in 5 at Ohio State. I can name 5 guys who played at WCU who went on to good NFL careers. Mr.Herbie can't make that claim!

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

barechestcat
September 1st, 2007, 09:52 AM
I actually just came on to see if this topic had been mentioned.

So, in my mind, the question is where does everybody stand on this topic. To put it into perspective, think about your team playing a D-II team. An example I would use is Montana State playing Dixie State this year. While it can certainly be brought up that the Bobcats got beat by Chadron last year as a point that teams are not that far apart, the other side of the arguement just says that the superior team on paper doesn't play motivated in these games; thus the occasional upset.

So, have the programs gotten so sensitive at trying to pad their records that we no longer schedule big games against one another unless it happens in the playoffs? What would happen if we went back to the way games were scheduled even 5-10 years ago.

I would absolutely love to see the Bobcats play teams like Furman, YSU, UNI, ASU in OOC games to start the year. But, will it ever happen until all teams commit to doing it and not worry about whether they might or might not be undefeated at the end of the year.

I'd love to hear some different points of views on this that we can talk over.

catamount man
September 1st, 2007, 09:55 AM
I actually just came on to see if this topic had been mentioned.

So, in my mind, the question is where does everybody stand on this topic. To put it into perspective, think about your team playing a D-II team. An example I would use is Montana State playing Dixie State this year. While it can certainly be brought up that the Bobcats got beat by Chadron last year as a point that teams are not that far apart, the other side of the arguement just says that the superior team on paper doesn't play motivated in these games; thus the occasional upset.

So, have the programs gotten so sensitive at trying to pad their records that we no longer schedule big games against one another unless it happens in the playoffs? What would happen if we went back to the way games were scheduled even 5-10 years ago.

I would absolutely love to see the Bobcats play teams like Furman, YSU, UNI, ASU in OOC games to start the year. But, will it ever happen until all teams commit to doing it and not worry about whether they might or might not be undefeated at the end of the year.

I'd love to hear some different points of views on this that we can talk over.

You can and should still respect the individual school and their coaches, players, and fans. Herbie being on tv SHOULD be more respectful towards kids that play for the smaller schools. He's a putz!!!xthumbsupx

ngineer
September 1st, 2007, 09:56 AM

Same with us and it's driving me crazy...Still, it's to our benefit as I hear we have abunch of injuries from practice, so the early bye has become a blessing in disguise.

th0m
September 1st, 2007, 10:37 AM
I saw that too, I hope App state, Youngstown, and James Madison, do well today.

Good Luck guys rep FCS well

Thanks for the confidence. I really hope we can take the Tarheels, a lot of people have been seeing it as a 'possible' upset, but I really have no idea how we will do out there, nor how UNC will be doing. Only 6 1/2 more hours!

BisonBacker
September 1st, 2007, 10:40 AM

I feel your pain, so do we xsmhx

mainejeff
September 1st, 2007, 10:50 AM
Personally, I'm sick of hearing about VT and the tragedy that happened last spring. Of course, it is an emotional day on that campus and the victims should be honored.......but the media (ESPN) is hyping this to no end. I wonder if the media would still be covering this if the same tragedy had happened at Maine, Montana, App State, Western Carolina.......or any other FCS "no name" school? xeyebrowx

xcoffeex

Gil Dobie
September 1st, 2007, 10:59 AM
I hope App St beats it's cupcake in Ann Arbor xthumbsupx

........and Youngstown can be the first Ohio school to beat Ohio St since 1921.

No_Skill
September 1st, 2007, 11:30 AM
Ive been on both sides of this argument. I can remember when we played Montana in '03 and we were still DII. I was watching the game on TV and at the beginning of the game the anouncers barely talked about NDSU. They were mentioning the rest of the season and playoffs and whatnot. Granted they were local anouncers, but they could have at least tried to give equal billing.

Seawolf97
September 1st, 2007, 01:56 PM
App St is doing their part so far !xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

gokats85
September 1st, 2007, 02:02 PM
App St is doing their part so far !xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

Yeah, Michigan is finding out cupcakes are hard to swallow!!:D xrotatehx :D xrotatehx

GO APP!!

ChooChoo
September 1st, 2007, 03:03 PM
The App nation should send herbie some cupcakes. Better yet "CUPCAKES" should be the new rally cry on Gamedays. I'm sure Herbie wouldn't take to kindly to it. I love it. :)

Poly Pigskin
September 1st, 2007, 03:09 PM
Herbstreit is a moron and I thought everyone knew that. The only decent ESPN college football analyst is Lou Holtz. He was giving App the love they deserved! xthumbsupx

Gil Dobie
September 1st, 2007, 03:11 PM
I've been saying App St was going to win since the game was announced. Herbie obviously doesn't pay attention to FCS football. :(

ChooChoo
September 1st, 2007, 03:14 PM
Agreed. Lou, despite having the most painfully annoying voice in the business, deserves respect for respecting the division. That's the differnce in a former coach's perspective and a former player's. One actually knows what the hell he's talkin about.

mainejeff
September 1st, 2007, 04:30 PM
Agreed. Lou, despite having the most painfully annoying voice in the business, deserves respect for respecting the division. That's the differnce in a former coach's perspective and a former player's. One actually knows what the hell he's talkin about.

Agreed.

Peems
September 1st, 2007, 06:47 PM
is there a way to contact college gameday? It's disgusting, instead of talking about App. or showing highlights of App. they talk about Michigan and show their highlights. What can ya do?... oh ya beat em!!!xlolx xthumbsupx

ngineer
September 1st, 2007, 10:25 PM
What kind of frosting?! I lived in "Meechigan" for three years in the 70's and got tired of the "M--Go Blue!" chants...Well, now, it's "M--Go Blow!"
Way to ASU!xthumbsupx