PDA

View Full Version : Ralph D. Russo: P***K

Lehigh Football Nation
August 31st, 2007, 03:25 PM
What a loser. (http://www.mcall.com/sports/college/all-fbc-picks.6021643aug31,0,7345861.story?track=rss)

Division I-A and I-AA football no longer exist.

In an effort to make the schools formerly known as I-AA feel less like second-class institutions, the NCAA has divided Division I football into the Football Bowl Subdivision (I-A, which uses bowl games as its postseason) and the Football Championship Subdivision (I-AA, which uses a playoff and actually crowns an NCAA champion in the postseason).

So, remember the Cardinals weren't playing a I-AA team when they buried Murray State 73-10 Thursday night. They were playing an FCS team.

Same goes for Ohio State vs. Youngstown State; Michigan vs. Appalachian State (the defending FCS champ); Florida vs. Western Kentucky; Texas A&M vs. Montana State; and Boise State vs. Weber State.

As for the competitive games in this opening weekend of college football, No. 12 California hosts No. 15 Tennessee in a Pac-10-Southeastern Conference matchup Saturday. On Monday night, the Bowden family gets together for No. 19 Florida State at Clemson.

Appalachian State (no line) at No. 5 Michigan
First I-AA, whoops, FCS team to visit the Big House. MICHIGAN 44-20.

Youngstown State (no line) at No. 11 Ohio State
Coach Jim Tressel faces his former school. OHIO STATE 35-13.

Northern Colorado (no line) at No. 23 Hawaii
Colt Brennan throws five TDs for Warriors -- by halftime. HAWAII 60-14.

Montana State (no line) at No. 25 Texas A&M
Montana State upset Colorado last season. TEXAS A&M 42-13.

GO MSU, YSU and ASU! MAKE US PROUD!

appisgreatest
August 31st, 2007, 03:50 PM
I wish there was a cure for stupidity xrotatehx

appisgreatest
August 31st, 2007, 03:51 PM
Oh I almost forgot, isn't WKU an FBS team now??

CatFan22
August 31st, 2007, 04:19 PM
What a loser. (http://www.mcall.com/sports/college/all-fbc-picks.6021643aug31,0,7345861.story?track=rss)

GO YSU and ASU! MAKE US PROUD!

Go everyone else too! xrolleyesx

youwouldno
August 31st, 2007, 04:37 PM
His score predictions aren't ridiculous though. You could give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he also would count many FBS vs. FBS games as not being competitive. That might not be the case but I've seen a lot worse.

Poly Pigskin
August 31st, 2007, 05:49 PM
I don't see anything in there that really makes him a "p***k." I think many FBS fans share his opinion about the name change (at least among those that even know there was a name change). And you can't really argue about the competitiveness level of the games he listed, the FCS teams are pretty clearly overmatched on paper. You still gotta play the games though, and I'm pulling for all the upsets! xnodx

FCS_pwns_FBS
August 31st, 2007, 07:44 PM
The nomenclature is sorta galling, but hey, we are the division with the playoff, and they are the division with the December football festival/fundraiser.

travelinman67
August 31st, 2007, 07:51 PM
The nomenclature is sorta galling, but hey, we are the division with the playoff, and they are the division with the December football festival/fundraiser.

Amen! xthumbsupx

Peems
August 31st, 2007, 08:49 PM
those aren't bad predictions. I don't find anything wrong, sure he is a little condescending, but hey that is to be expected.

NDSUFREAK
August 31st, 2007, 09:50 PM
so "p***k" means PRICK then??

Killtoppers90
August 31st, 2007, 10:24 PM
Oh I almost forgot, isn't WKU an FBS team now??

Not quite yet.... we are classsified as "In-Transition". Games against our BCS opponents, will still be classified as 1-AA or FCS games until 2009, if I am not mistaken.

CopperCat
August 31st, 2007, 11:57 PM
I don't see anything in there that really makes him a "p***k." I think many FBS fans share his opinion about the name change (at least among those that even know there was a name change). And you can't really argue about the competitiveness level of the games he listed, the FCS teams are pretty clearly overmatched on paper. You still gotta play the games though, and I'm pulling for all the upsets! xnodx

Maybe not a p***k, but he certainly thinks way too highly of just two teams (another App St. homer). App has very little chance at Michigan, probably less than most other teams playing FBS sqauds have. He gives nobody else a chance to make it a game, and puts the entire weight of the FCS on ASU and YSU.

For that, I hope ASU gets thumped, and everybody else wins. Maybe then all these people who diss on the rest of FCS would shutup for awhile.

colgate13
September 1st, 2007, 03:12 PM
ASU wins... he eats crow!