PDA

View Full Version : So is anyone rethinking their Gateway predictions after yesterday?

FCS_pwns_FBS
August 31st, 2007, 12:59 PM
Drake defeats ISU...
UNI seems to look pretty good...
WIU gets a win against (what I assume is) a good South Dakota State team.

Did most of you people see these coming?

youwouldno
August 31st, 2007, 01:05 PM
Obviously not many people saw Ill St losing to Drake. Drone threw 3 picks which could be a product of first-game kinks to some extent. But I had Ill St in the 2nd tier of the Gateway along with Youngstown (behind UNI and SIU) and I still feel good about that analysis.

I had WIU over SDSU but I wouldn't make too much out of the Leathernecks at this point. They aren't bad but playoffs are unlikely. It will be interesting to see how QB Barr plays going forward.

skinny_uncle
August 31st, 2007, 01:38 PM
Too soon to tell. Let's see if the Redbirds can bounce back next week. Drake may just be better than most people assumed. The Leathernecks usually do pretty good in non-conference games before they hit the Gateway meatgrinder.

PantherRob82
August 31st, 2007, 02:36 PM
Too soon to tell, bt it definitely throws my poll out of whack. Drake will get a top 25 vote from me. Not sure what to think of the Gateway ramifications.

crunifan
August 31st, 2007, 04:45 PM
I'm not quite sold on UNI yet. They showed some big glimmers last night, but it was so vanilla. It will be interesting to see how they play against Iowa State when they are hungry. They will be motivated, they won't overlook the clones, and all stops will be out.

I will say this, this team has the potential to go undefeated in the regular season. Hopefully they stay motivated and focuses to accomplish that.

Also, great crowd in the dome last night. Over 15,000!xthumbsupx

Model Citizen
August 31st, 2007, 05:10 PM
Drake defeats ISU...
UNI seems to look pretty good...
WIU gets a win against (what I assume is) a good South Dakota State team.

Hold on there, pwned. Illinois State is as good as advertised. They just aren't quite as good as Drake.

As for South Dakota State, Sunday is the anniversary of their loss to D-III Wisconsin-La Crosse.

UNI has to be considered the favorite, but don't bet your farm on the Panthers.

barechestcat
August 31st, 2007, 06:00 PM
Hold on there, pwned. Illinois State is as good as advertised. They just aren't quite as good as Drake.

As for South Dakota State, Sunday is the anniversary of their loss to D-III Wisconsin-La Crosse.

UNI has to be considered the favorite, but don't bet your farm on the Panthers.

So, are you saying that Drake is a top 7 team?

Model Citizen
August 31st, 2007, 06:14 PM
Your national poll is a joke.

I'm saying they might be better than the #2 in the Gateway...which is where I expect Illinois State to finish.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 31st, 2007, 09:57 PM
I had WIU as the suprise 3rd Gateway team in the field of 16. They have a favorable home schedule and there should be talent within the program. I'll be watching to see how they do throughout the year.

douglasdmb
August 31st, 2007, 10:37 PM
Your national poll is a joke.

I'm saying they might be better than the #2 in the Gateway...which is where I expect Illinois State to finish.

I'm not so sure. If UNI beats Drake by more than 30, then I'm going to call BS and say that they MIGHT be a middle of the pack Gateway team.

ShowMeBear2
September 1st, 2007, 05:09 AM
Is is early still.

Gil Dobie
September 1st, 2007, 09:22 AM
One game does not make a season, especially the first game.

JBB
September 1st, 2007, 09:33 AM
None of these games mean a thing when it comes to the auto-bid. Thats what they are really playing for. Conference games are it.

Give thanks for the playoffs! Thats why these OOC games are so much fun. For most FCS squads the entire season isnt lost if you drop one. That opens the door to some good OOC games. if you lose the season isnt ruined.

Its nice to know the upset doesnt ruin the season too!

HensRock
September 1st, 2007, 09:46 AM
None of these games mean a thing when it comes to the auto-bid. Thats what they are really playing for.

Not Drake!
If you think this means nothing to them, you haven't been paying attention.

Cap'n Cat
September 1st, 2007, 11:11 AM
Drake is good. Not good enough to beat UNI this year.

Drake would, however, win the Big Skam this year with only 11 players, playing both ways.

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

ShowMeBear2
September 2nd, 2007, 08:37 AM
The big skam. lmfao.