PDA

View Full Version : Rhody-"stocked arsenal" article

Brad82
August 31st, 2007, 04:41 AM
http://www.projo.com/uri/content/sp_fbc_uriadv31_08-31-07_076UTRM.3270752.html

Might be a set-up=good!
No more excuses.
This is the year we have a winning record!

bluehenbillk
August 31st, 2007, 07:13 AM
URI will be as good as their defense. I agree with the article their offense can be one of the CAA's best.

Fordham
August 31st, 2007, 07:45 AM
uh-oh

Cobblestone
August 31st, 2007, 10:27 AM
I've never seen the offense as much of a problem; it's the defense that makes me cringe when they take the field. The secondary in particular has not been a good one; I feel it's been our biggest weakness over the past few years. If URI is to improve I hope to see MAJOR improvement from the "D". Judging from the scrimmage I attend a few weeks ago, it looks like we have a pretty big D-Line this season. Hopefully they'll be quick enough to put some pressure on the QB.

I agree with Brad, we have a veteran team and it's time to put up or shut up. With a new weight room and better facilities it's time we have a winning season. I'm sick of going 4-7 every freaking' year. If Stowers doesn't reverse our record then this should be his last season. With a football minded A.D. who wants to market the program, I think he'll make whatever changes are necessary to make us competitive.

Lehigh Football Nation
August 31st, 2007, 10:40 AM
I've never seen the offense as much of a problem; it's the defense that makes me cringe when they take the field. The secondary in particular has not been a good one; I feel it's been our biggest weakness over the past few years.

What about El-Amin? He's pretty good, no?

Cobblestone
August 31st, 2007, 11:02 AM
What about El-Amin? He's pretty good, no?

Yes I think he is. But he doesn't have much of a supporting cast back there. Hopefully that changes tomorrow.

Ram Ball
August 31st, 2007, 05:07 PM
Me too. I'm excited for Jerrell Jones return to action..

Fordham
August 31st, 2007, 05:22 PM
fellas - for those of you that will be there live (and in-person) ... if you get the chance, please let me know what you think of a few of our starting frosh. They're getting alot of press but it's obviously tough playing frosh. Specifically:

*#23 - Jon Arnold WR
*#7 - David Moore WR

*#54 - Nick Maggeira LB

any add'l thoughts would be appreciated as well. hope we can somehow come out and shock you guys but it's always tough to have a soph & frosh laden squad and it sounds like you guys are headed for a nice year. My expectations are low but you never know. Regardless, here's to no injuries and a well played game.

rcny46
August 31st, 2007, 10:12 PM
http://www.projo.com/uri/content/sp_fbc_uriadv31_08-31-07_076UTRM.3270752.html

Might be a set-up=good!
No more excuses.
This is the year we have a winning record!

Sounds like the Rams should not be taken lightly this season.It would be nice to see you guys playing competitive FB each week.Best of luck;I'll be looking forward to seeing your game with UNH in Durham.