PDA

View Full Version : Payton Watch QB's

footballfan11
August 30th, 2007, 11:56 PM
Two QB's on the payton watch played 2night....so i have a few questions

Is Rhett Bomar the real deal and deserving of being on the watch list?

What happen to Luke Drone?...Is this a sign of the rest of the season or will he bounce back to his normal form?

citdog
August 31st, 2007, 12:06 AM
if The Citadel Bulldogs have the kind of season I think they are, Cadet Captain Duran Lawson is a nome that all FCS fplks are going to want to remember!

CatFan22
August 31st, 2007, 12:14 AM
if The Citadel Bulldogs have the kind of season I think they are, Cadet Captain Duran Lawson is a nome that all FCS fplks are going to want to remember!

Let's add all the backups to the watch list too.

AZGrizFan
August 31st, 2007, 12:15 AM

Duran Lawson is a gnome? xeyebrowx

McNeese_beat
August 31st, 2007, 12:20 AM

What happen to Luke Drone?...Is this a sign of the rest of the season or will he bounce back to his normal form?

I suspect there might be an SLC QB on the list not named Bomar later this season (with Bomar possibly going off the list). I'm not being reactionary to one game...I felt that way in the pre-season. Having said that, I wouldn't be shocked if Bomar doesn't end up being a legit Payton candidate by season's end. It's just that he transferred to a team that had serious questions at wide receiver and is one of the least experienced teams in the conference.

Bradley George at Texas State and Derrick Fourroux at McNeese (SLC Freshman of the Year) both had good freshmen years last year and could have huge years this year. Southall at SFA is a solid senior. Brown at Central Arkansas is something like 14-3 as a starter.

I fully expect at least one of the above four to put up some impressive numbers this year.

citdog
August 31st, 2007, 12:27 AM
Duran Lawson will be the Socon player of the year if the 'Dogs have a good season!

gmoney55
August 31st, 2007, 04:33 AM
Take a look at the Payton page, Bomar is NOT on the list.

bluehenbillk
August 31st, 2007, 07:14 AM
Is the list really relevant at this point, I believe Omar Cuff was presented the trophy with 2 minutes remaining in last night's game.

McNeese_beat
August 31st, 2007, 09:39 AM
Is the list really relevant at this point, I believe Omar Cuff was presented the trophy with 2 minutes remaining in last night's game.

This thread is exactly why the list is relevant. It's relevant to its role of getting the award's name out early and encouraging discussion. It's a smart move they started long ago.

But as far as anything to really get worked up about, absolutely not. Hell, let's see who's still standing upright after Week 6 before we start giving away trophies...

GannonFan
August 31st, 2007, 10:11 AM
Flacco's going to be a factor in this race pretty soon - quiet night of 82% completion rate, 200 some yards and a TD. Just imagine when he actually needs to throw more. xpeacex

Khan4Cats
August 31st, 2007, 11:01 AM

Eric Sanders, also a QB on the watchlist, also played. He was 24-31 for 295 yards with 1 TD and 1 INT. Also galloped for 4 yards on 7 carries.;)

McNeese75
August 31st, 2007, 03:02 PM
Flacco's going to be a factor in this race pretty soon - quiet night of 82% completion rate, 200 some yards and a TD. Just imagine when he actually needs to throw more. xpeacex

If he keeps handing off to Cuff all game his name will NEVER make the list

AggieFinn
August 31st, 2007, 03:38 PM
Watch out for Greg Denham, UC Davis...2009, maybe 2008 if he earns it. xrotatehx