PDA

View Full Version : Towson QB Sean Schaefer

andy7171
August 30th, 2007, 08:33 AM
There was a nice long article in the Baltimore Sun yesterday about Schaefer. It's a good read if you can get past the FCS/I-AA terminology...

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/college/football/bal-towson829,0,2589585.story

DrG
August 30th, 2007, 08:52 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing him in Amherst on Sept. 15th. I've heard a lot of good things. The family angle resonates as well; we lost two firefighters in Boston last night.

89Hen
August 30th, 2007, 08:54 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing him...
I'm not. xsmiley_wix

HensRock
August 30th, 2007, 09:39 AM
I'm not. xsmiley_wix

I AM! xspankx

andy7171
August 30th, 2007, 09:59 AM
UD -->xspankx<--Schaefer in 05, 06

Fixed it for ya! xcoolx

ChickenMan
August 30th, 2007, 10:47 AM
'07... UD> xasswhipx <TU

:p

andy7171
August 30th, 2007, 10:50 AM
'07... UD> xasswhipx <TU

:p

That's yet to be determined. Mine was factual. :D xpeacex

TigerFan17
August 30th, 2007, 12:24 PM
Can't wait for the Hens this year. xrotatehx

Always an exciting game to watch.

Good article on Schaef.

5.5 hours till game time.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

andy7171
August 30th, 2007, 12:35 PM
Can't wait for the Hens this year. xrotatehx

Always an exciting game to watch.

Good article on Schaef.

5.5 hours till game time.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

I'll be there in 3!

I'm thirsty already!

TigerFan17
August 30th, 2007, 12:39 PM
I'll be there in 3!

I'm thirsty already!

Argg...class till 6:15....then you will see me sprint to Johnny U with 4.3 speed.

andy7171
August 30th, 2007, 12:55 PM
Argg...class till 6:15....then you will see me sprint to Johnny U with 4.3 speed.
PPPPSSSSHHHHHHHH!!! Its the first week of school! He's a plan for you, go to class and @ 5:40 start coughing uncontrollably and step out for a drink of water, never come back. That gives you about 10 minutes to get to the parking lot and over an hour to get your game face on!

LBPop
August 30th, 2007, 12:58 PM
Great article. I would love to have a chance to see him play...maybe next season. I was glad to see my favorite non-Hoya FCS player, Marcus Lee, quoted in the article. They should be quite a pair for the next couple of seasons. xnodx

oldsport
August 30th, 2007, 12:58 PM
I am looking forward to seeing Sean next week at Morgan. Good Luck to you guys tonight against Central Connecticut State.

aceinthehole
August 30th, 2007, 01:00 PM
Excerpt from today's Baltimore Examiner:

http://www.examiner.com/a-907167~Making_a_defensive_statement.html

Towson’s Brian Bradford hopes his team’s home opener against the Central Connecticut State Blue Devils is a big hit — in every definition of the word.

First, the senior linebacker hopes his unit physically domiantes a Blue Devil squad that averaged a Division I-AA high 285 rushing yards per game. Secondly, the 6-foot-4, 240-pound captain hopes a decisive victory will serve as a catalyst toward raising the profile of a team that has struggled to maintain the interest of the Baltimore area.

“It’s going to be a live and an exciting game. There’s going to be tons of hitting,” Bradford said. “You are going to go against some teams who are going to try to run it down your throat.”

And beginning tonight in front of an expected sellout crowd of more than 11,000 at Unitas Stadium, it will be up to Bradford to make sure that doesn’t happen. The preseason All-Colonial Athletic Association first team selection posted 75 tackles and a sack last year on a team that many believed finished one victory shy from earning a berth in the Division I-AA playoffs.

Are they really expecting a sellout, or is this just hype?

According to the Townson media guide, they've never sold out at the expanded Unitas Satdium. The largest crowd on record is from 2005 vs. Delaware (10,788). And other than that game, they have never broke 9k. I'm looking forward to a huge crowd, but I was expecting closer to 8,000.

andy7171
August 30th, 2007, 01:01 PM
I am looking forward to seeing Sean next week at Morgan. Good Luck to you guys tonight against Central Connecticut State.

And to you guys down the road aganst Sav State, but next week it's war!

Not many MSU fans here, is Mike Gunthrop still coaching there? He was the OC a couple years ago.

andy7171
August 30th, 2007, 01:05 PM

According to the Townson xrolleyesx media guide, they've never sold out at the expanded Unitas Satdium. The largest crowd on record is from 2005 vs. Delaware (10,788). And other than that game, they have never broke 9k. I'm looking forward to a huge crowd, but I was expecting closer to 8,000.
Wow, I didn't hear this. I know they have really upped the media presence here in Baltimore. The radio station that is carrying the games this year has been really really hyping Towson Football in the last month. It would be nice to see, but I would be happy with 7K. First week of school, Thursday night game with parties in the parking lot? It could happen.

TigerFan17
August 30th, 2007, 01:06 PM

According to the Townson media guide, they've never sold out at the expanded Unitas Satdium. The largest crowd on record is from 2005 vs. Delaware (10,788). And other than that game, they have never broke 9k. I'm looking forward to a huge crowd, but I was expecting closer to 8,000.

Expected sellout??? xeekx xeekx xeekx

oldsport
August 30th, 2007, 01:10 PM
And to you guys down the orad aganst Sav State, but next week it's war!

Not many MSU fans here, is Mike Gunthrop still coaching there? He was the OC a couple years ago.

Mike's gone. The new OC is Chennis Berry. I think our guys should be alright against SSU tonight. Hopefully, we get through the game without injuries. I am looking forward to MSU playing you guys. It will be a good measure for our program. You guys should have a outstanding season. I know the CAA is tough top to bottom. This should be a break out year for Towson.

UAalum72
August 30th, 2007, 01:16 PM
Townson xrolleyesx

Put it in the badly-needed FCS Spell-checker, along with

Duquesne, not Duquense
Stony Brook, not Stonybrook or Stoney Brook
UC Davis, not Cal-Davis

andy7171
August 30th, 2007, 01:20 PM

Duquesne, not Duquense
UC Davis, not Cal-Davis

ACE knew what he was doing. xcoolx

TigerFan17
August 30th, 2007, 01:20 PM
Good to see a Morgan State fan on the board!

Duquesne, not Duquense
UC Davis, not Cal-Davis

At least the Albanie State guys can get it right.

xbowx

HensRock
August 30th, 2007, 01:25 PM
The largest crowd on record is from 2005 vs. Delaware (10,788).

If Delaware is 3-0 heading into Towson this year, expect that record to be broken.

TigerFan17
August 30th, 2007, 01:25 PM
If Delaware is 3-0 heading into Towson this year, expect that record to be broken.

Along with their 3-game win streak.

Zing!

HensRock
August 30th, 2007, 01:29 PM
Man, are you Towson guys gonna be talking out your ear holes on Sept 23rd! I can't wait!

andy7171
August 30th, 2007, 01:34 PM
Man, are you Towson guys gonna be talking out your ear holes on Sept 23rd! I can't wait!
Isn't it kinda early for this? :D

aceinthehole
August 30th, 2007, 01:36 PM
ACE knew what he was doing. xcoolx

oops! I'm typing too fast xsmhx

HensRock
August 30th, 2007, 01:41 PM
Isn't it kinda early for this? :D

True. I really have to wait and see after tonight if UD has the kind of team I think we have this year. But if we do, look out!

th0m
August 30th, 2007, 01:49 PM

I don't see why you shouldnt be 3-0 heading into Towson, not such a tall order.

HensRock
August 30th, 2007, 01:51 PM
I don't see why you shouldnt be 3-0 heading into Towson, not such a tall order.

Knock wood! xsmiley_wix