PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky game predictions-Week 1

JALMOND
August 29th, 2007, 10:42 PM
Usually I'd do this on Thursday, but with a game going on, I'll submit them today (thank you Weber). The only Big Sky school not playing this week is Idaho State, although you could probably make a point of a few others not really "playing" this week. With that in mind, here are my predictions for the first week, all just my opinion and all open to discussion...

Montana-Western @ EWU---Eagles looking to get the season off on the right foot playing the NAIA Bulldogs. Shouldn't be much of a game. EWU 59, Mont-Western 7

Southern Utah @ UM---Griz welcomes Southern Utah to Wash-Griz as a kickoff for the Thunderbirds murderous schedule. Southern Utah can only go up from last season. Or can they? UM 49, Southern Utah 9

MSU @ Texas A&M---Cats go back to the Big 12 after beating Colorado last year in the first game. Can lightning strike twice? Not likely. Texas A&M 44, MSU 12

Western New Mexico @ NAU---Jacks get a game to hone their skills before playing Arizona and Appalachian State. Better get Watson off to a great start. NAU 56, WNM 7

UNC @ Hawaii---Ah yes. The Bears win a trip to the Islands in just their second year in FCS. Remember the fun times in mid-November. Hawaii 56, UNC 10

SSU @ Fresno State---Hornets stepping up in class to take on the FBS Bulldogs. Upset? Not happening but close. Fresno State 35, SSU 20

WSU @ Boise State---Time travel. Going back to the 80's. Big Sky conference clash. Oh well, the Wildcats couldn't beat Boise then either. Boise State 35, WSU 14

It seems I missed a game somewhere. Oh right, I got it.

PSU @ McNeese State---The start of the Glanville era down south near where he coached in the NFL. Glanville should feel right at home. Unfortunately he's coaching Portland State and not the Houston Oilers. McNeese State 33, PSU 30

Take them or leave them. I do hope I'm wrong about Portland State. I just can't justify saying they will win without being classed as a "homer". The smart money is on McNeese in that game.

elkmcc
August 30th, 2007, 12:12 AM
PSU @ McNeese State---The start of the Glanville era down south near where he coached in the NFL. Glanville should feel right at home. Unfortunately he's coaching Portland State and not the Houston Oilers. McNeese State 33, PSU 30

Take them or leave them. I do hope I'm wrong about Portland State. I just can't justify saying they will win without being classed as a "homer". The smart money is on McNeese in that game.

You are too hard on yourself Jal. PSU will surprize the McCowboys with its speed, size and toughness. PSU 28 MSU 17

McNeese75
August 30th, 2007, 12:31 AM
You are too hard on yourself Jal. PSU will surprize the McCowboys with its speed, size and toughness. PSU 28 MSU 17

xrolleyesx There is going to be a lot of speed on the field Saturday night but most of it will be wearing Blue and gold.xcoffeex

SeattleGriz
August 30th, 2007, 12:53 AM
Great job me fellow Big Sky friend.

Keep up the great work!!!

I Bleed Purple
August 30th, 2007, 03:13 AM
I like that it's only a three touchdown loss. I'm pleased.

CopperCat
August 30th, 2007, 08:31 AM
xrolleyesx There is going to be a lot of speed on the field Saturday night but most of it will be wearing Blue and gold.xcoffeex

Good.

Griz0383
August 30th, 2007, 08:36 AM
McNeese75, I remember a slow NAU team spanking the #1 Mcneese team in 1-AA a few years back! PSU should be better than NAU and much faster. GO PSU! wow that was painfull!

NoCoDanny
August 30th, 2007, 09:40 AM
If we only lose 56-10 I'll do back flips, I'm thinking more like 77-0.

already123
August 30th, 2007, 12:40 PM
McNeese75, I remember a slow NAU team spanking the #1 Mcneese team in 1-AA a few years back! PSU should be better than NAU and much faster. GO PSU! wow that was painfull!

NAU was HARDLY slow that year!

Johnny Marshall had over 80 catches...Clarence Moore ran a 4.4 and got drafted. Jeremy Thornberg played a bit in the NFL at safety after posting a sub 4.5 40 at the combine. And lets not forget Bruce Branch (4.5) at LB and Roger Robinson (the guy that smashed NFL-E single season rushing records and had the fastest time at RB coming out of that year at 4.36)

Thanks xcoffeex xthumbsupx

Griz0383
August 30th, 2007, 01:09 PM
True dat

ncbears
August 30th, 2007, 02:51 PM
If we only lose 56-10 I'll do back flips, I'm thinking more like 77-0.

I am with you on that one. I can honestly see us lose by either.

AZGrizFan
August 30th, 2007, 03:34 PM

There's speed, and then there's football speed. I'm guessin' that PSU ain't gonna be embarrassed by McNeese's speed. They (PSU) would have beat you straight up last year, and have a great shot this year, too. xreadx xreadx xreadx

TheValleyRaider
August 30th, 2007, 05:15 PM
Montana-Western at Eastern Washington Eastern Washington NAIA? No way

Southern Utah at Montana Montana Thunderbirds caught looking ahead to the rest of their schedule ;)

Montana State at Texas A&M Texas A&M You don't think the Aggies saw what happened to Colorado last year?

Western New Mexico at Northern Arizona Northern Arizona I've never heard of Western New Mexico.

Northern Colorado at Hawaii Hawaii The "Colt Brennan for Heisman" campaign had to start somewhere.

Sacramento State at Fresno State Fresno St. Hornets play the "David" that "Goliath" opponent Fresno loves. Right up until the part where David wins

Weber State at Boise State Boise St. No proposals after this one, but the Broncos still win

Portland State at McNeese State McNeese St. Maybe I'll be wrong, it wouldn't be the first time. But going to Lake Charles is tough. And that's a lot of black to be wearing in late August Louisiana.

dpd
August 30th, 2007, 10:44 PM
my picks are the same as valley raider except i'm taking the vikings