PDA

View Full Version : Game of the week. McNeese vs. PSU

Ronbo
August 29th, 2007, 06:28 PM
Score predictions on this matchup between two top 20 teams.

I'm not sure Jerry will have the guys polished enough this early. PSU's offense will struggle with the run and shoot. They need 3-4 games to really get a good feel for it. They will be strong defensively though.

My guess.

McNeese 21
Portland State 17

JohnStOnge
August 29th, 2007, 06:54 PM
I'm not going to make a pick, but didn't PSU lose a lot of their 2006 defensive players to graduation? Don't know what that means since they're going to be in a new scheme anyway but I wonder if it's a given that they're going to have a really strong defense like it did last season.

Cap'n Cat
August 29th, 2007, 07:02 PM
2007 Big Sky Champs 34
McNeese 31

xnodx xnodx xnodx

travelinman67
August 29th, 2007, 07:19 PM
McNeese 23
PSU 21

...and Jerry will actually smile as he walks off the field.

If the Cowboys make any mistakes, reverse the score.

Next stop...Sack-a-Tomatoes to start a 4 game sweep.
xcoffeex

Grizalltheway
August 29th, 2007, 08:08 PM
2007 Big Sky Champs 34
McNeese 31

xnodx xnodx xnodx

xnonono2x xnonono2x

I may just have to start my own list of people to smack. xnonono2x :p

Cap'n Cat
August 29th, 2007, 08:16 PM
xnonono2x xnonono2x

I may just have to start my own list of people to smack. xnonono2x :p

I'll bet a few hundred lists have The Good Cap'n atop them!

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

JohnStOnge
August 29th, 2007, 08:17 PM
I just found the answer to my question at http://www.nmnathletics.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=19300&ATCLID=1179354. Portland State has 4 players who played on the 2006 defense back. Also only 5 on offense.

Doesn't mean they can't be good. But this is a different team than last year's on both sides of the ball in terms of both personnel and schemes.

Just for fun, a quote from Glanville on McNeese:

'“Games are matchups, strengths against weaknesses. They are extremely fast and that’s the way it is. If you keep hittin’ ‘em, and you keep hittin’ ‘em, and you keep hittin’ ‘em, you hope you slow ‘em down before the game is over. That’s the one chance we have.”'

Let the coachspeak begin!

Cap'n Cat
August 29th, 2007, 08:24 PM
I just found the answer to my question at http://www.nmnathletics.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=19300&ATCLID=1179354. Portland State has 4 players who played on the 2006 defense back. Also only 5 on offense.

Doesn't mean they can't be good. But this is a different team than last year's on both sides of the ball in terms of both personnel and schemes.

Just for fun, a quote from Glanville on McNeese:

'“Games are matchups, strengths against weaknesses. They are extremely fast and that’s the way it is. If you keep hittin’ ‘em, and you keep hittin’ ‘em, and you keep hittin’ ‘em, you hope you slow ‘em down before the game is over. That’s the one chance we have.”'

Let the coachspeak begin!

Coachspeak or not, Juan, he's right. All coaches say that everyday at practice, in games, etc.

ISUMatt
August 29th, 2007, 08:26 PM
I like Portland St 21-20

patssle
August 29th, 2007, 08:27 PM
Run the ball. McNeese couldn't stop our running game at all last year. 266 yards from DD Terry alone.

That said...should be a good game! Too close to call a winner.

Mountaineer
August 29th, 2007, 08:29 PM
Geaux Cowboys! xnodx

24-17 xthumbsupx

JALMOND
August 29th, 2007, 10:11 PM
Head says PSU. Heart says PSU. But if I was betting on the game (I am not), I'd pull a Pete Rose and go against my own team. I'm folding pocket jacks pre-flop to the mighty Cowboys...McNeese 33, PSU 30.

But it will be a great game to watch. I wish there was some rational explanation to take the Vikes, but everywhere I turn, the edge is to McNeese. I hope I'm wrong.

WyomingGrizFan
August 29th, 2007, 10:40 PM
#13 Portland State Vikings 31 - #10 McNeese State Cowboys 17

youwouldno
August 29th, 2007, 10:45 PM
I think both teams are somewhat overrated. I would say McNeese though due to PSU's turnover.

WyomingGrizFan
August 29th, 2007, 10:53 PM
PSU will still have #8 Brian White @ QB (6-5 & 225) with #37 Bobby McClintock @ FB (5-10 & 230) with #1 WR Tremayne Kirkland behind First Team All-American Brennan Carvahlo @ C (6-1 & 310). It will be interesting, none the less.

McNeese_beat
August 29th, 2007, 10:56 PM
PSU will still have #8 Brian White @ QB (6-5 & 225) with #37 Bobby McClintock @ FB (5-10 & 230) with #1 WR Tremayne Kirkland behind First Team All-American Brennan Carvahlo @ C (6-1 & 310). It will be interesting, none the less.

They are listing Tygue Howland as the starting QB

griz&beer
August 29th, 2007, 10:56 PM
I have a soft spot for MSU. I did Hurricane relief work there. I walked their great football field and wished I could have seen a game there. Cowboys 37 PSU 21.. I did get to go to the Nick State MSU Cowboy game, in 2005.

89Hen
August 29th, 2007, 10:59 PM
Given the game is being played this week, I'll take McNeese at home, but if the game were week four or later, I'd take PSU. I think they will be really good at some point this year. xtwocentsx

Ronbo
August 29th, 2007, 11:06 PM
We have them in week 10. It will be a war. Welcome to Washington Griz Jerry!xnodx

Retro
August 29th, 2007, 11:24 PM
Run the ball. McNeese couldn't stop our running game at all last year. 266 yards from DD Terry alone.

That said...should be a good game! Too close to call a winner.

Yes and that's all you did! I think Mcneese won the game?xrolleyesx

Mcneese returns basically everyone on offense and defense minus one all -american o-lineman and a couple of defensive backs..

DT Vaalyn Jackson is back on the D-Line and will shut down the run and pass along with All-American Bryan Smith.. Expect Steven Whitehead to pick up big yard on returns and lots of experience at QB this year with Fourroux and Fontenot.. Fourroux lead mcneese to SLC title despite being only a freshman last season. PSU lost too many players to have chemistry down to run the "Run and shoot yourself in the foot" offense.

Mcneese 34 - PSU 17.. If Mcneese gets up big early, it will be worse..

WyomingGrizFan
August 29th, 2007, 11:32 PM

That's interesting. #14 Tygue Howland (6-3 220) must've 'really' improved over last year since he had a -20.80 rating completing only one pass for two yards out of four chances with 0 TDs and an interception.

Whereas White at least was rated 110.39 last year, with limited action as well, but at least 13 for 30 for 224 yards 1 TD and 1 int.

I wonder why Howland is listed as the starter, a sophomore over a senior? Well, that has been done before, granted, but I'd go with White starting if it was up to me, which it isn't, of course. I wonder if these are some of those 'mind-games' picked up from the NFL? Strange, since PSU gave up our toughest game last year, when White was playing, outside of Massachusetts. But, again, that 'was' last year.

Not forgeting that the MSU game wasn't an easy one either. Nor NAU for that matter, which I'd like to see do well against the Mountaineers.

UNCBears2010
August 29th, 2007, 11:35 PM
PSU 34
McNeese 28

DaGriz
August 29th, 2007, 11:44 PM
I'm folding pocket jacks pre-flop to the mighty Cowboys...McNeese 33, PSU 30.

Can't get better pre-flop odds with J/J then heads up, push all in. PSU is the team that scares me the most on the Griz schedule this year. It's not Glanville their coach, PSU has some great players. White at QB, if that's who is starting, is very good. Their running back is good and PSU always has a good defense. I think PSU will win this one as it goes down to the wire, and not because of their lame jacka** lumberjack guy/mascot chopping and sawing wood tring to give them homefield advantage. I think PSU wins because they have a good team, McNeese has to travel and if you're ever going to play a tough team, it's better to play them early on the road before they start to put it all together.

McNeese_beat
August 30th, 2007, 12:20 AM

That's interesting. #14 Tygue Howland (6-3 220) must've 'really' improved over last year since he had a -20.80 rating completing only one pass for two yards out of four chances with 0 TDs and an interception.

Whereas White at least was rated 110.39 last year, with limited action as well, but at least 13 for 30 for 224 yards 1 TD and 1 int.

I wonder why Howland is listed as the starter, a sophomore over a senior? Well, that has been done before, granted, but I'd go with White starting if it was up to me, which it isn't, of course. I wonder if these are some of those 'mind-games' picked up from the NFL? Strange, since PSU gave up our toughest game last year, when White was playing, outside of Massachusetts. But, again, that 'was' last year.

Not forgeting that the MSU game wasn't an easy one either. Nor NAU for that matter, which I'd like to see do well against the Mountaineers.

Well, one thing is Howland's playing time was too small to judge him by. Heck, I've seen QBs start games 1-for-4, then reel off 20 straight completions and 4 TDs (probably happened to McNeese a few times in '04).

PSU has an advantage in that they have new coaches bringing in a completely different scheme (actually schemes because the defense is going with a 3-4 look too). McNeese has the same coaching staff and will run the same stuff it has basically for the last 7-10 years if not longer.

One team is getting a much better grasp than the other team.

travelinman67
August 30th, 2007, 12:56 AM
Well, one thing is Howland's playing time was too small to judge him by. Heck, I've seen QBs start games 1-for-4, then reel off 20 straight completions and 4 TDs (probably happened to McNeese a few times in '04).

PSU has an advantage in that they have new coaches bringing in a completely different scheme (actually schemes because the defense is going with a 3-4 look too). McNeese has the same coaching staff and will run the same stuff it has basically for the last 7-10 years if not longer.

One team is getting a much better grasp than the other team.

Conventional is that PSU brings in (exclusively) a whole new scheme, needs 3-4 games to settle in, etc...

Basically, that's saying Jerry's willing to take a knee on the first few games. I don't buy that...he's too canny and wise. My guess is that they'll move it around...run a combination of schemes to keep McNeese off balance.

The PSU guys are talented & athletic (as are the Cowboys), can run (resort to) conventional without much thought, so if they mix it up (not gadgets, just options, std. routes, 3yds & dust, etc...then occasionally use the run & gun,...) the Cowboy's misreads will go up (or worse, they choke and go to zone), and that mitigates the "advantage" McNeese brings in with an established scheme.

Like I said...we're all talking/thinking with conventional logic, "...new coaches, new schemes, needs time to settle in...", but if you're sitting there with Mouse trying to figure out a way to make a statement in the season opener...
xcoffeex

McNeese_beat
August 30th, 2007, 09:41 AM
Conventional is that PSU brings in (exclusively) a whole new scheme, needs 3-4 games to settle in, etc...

Basically, that's saying Jerry's willing to take a knee on the first few games. I don't buy that...he's too canny and wise. My guess is that they'll move it around...run a combination of schemes to keep McNeese off balance.

The PSU guys are talented & athletic (as are the Cowboys), can run (resort to) conventional without much thought, so if they mix it up (not gadgets, just options, std. routes, 3yds & dust, etc...then occasionally use the run & gun,...) the Cowboy's misreads will go up (or worse, they choke and go to zone), and that mitigates the "advantage" McNeese brings in with an established scheme.

Like I said...we're all talking/thinking with conventional logic, "...new coaches, new schemes, needs time to settle in...", but if you're sitting there with Mouse trying to figure out a way to make a statement in the season opener...
xcoffeex

I don't know. His leading returning rusher has quit the team because there isn't a place in the run and shoot for a conventional tailback. He moved tight ends to linebacker because the run-and-shoot doesn't use tight ends and the 3-4 defense calls for more linebackers.

I don't think you'll see PSU go from a spread to the "I" much, if at all. But like I said (sort of babbled, it wasn't my most well-written post) it should be an advantage to PSU. Watching PSU film from last year doesn't prepare McNeese for their schemes. And when McNeese watches Hawaii, how much of what they are looking at is Mouse and Glanville and how much of it is June Jones?

McNeese is sort of flying blind on this one.

Lehigh Football Nation
August 30th, 2007, 09:52 AM
I don't know. His leading returning rusher has quit the team because there isn't a place in the run and shoot for a conventional tailback. He moved tight ends to linebacker because the run-and-shoot doesn't use tight ends and the 3-4 defense calls for more linebackers.

I don't think you'll see PSU go from a spread to the "I" much, if at all. But like I said (sort of babbled, it wasn't my most well-written post) it should be an advantage to PSU. Watching PSU film from last year doesn't prepare McNeese for their schemes. And when McNeese watches Hawaii, how much of what they are looking at is Mouse and Glanville and how much of it is June Jones?

From my interview of Jerry Glanville in June (in the FCS Preview on page 35 (http://www.collegesportingnews.com/stats/magazine/2007bookdraft1.pdf)), some choice quotes:

CB: QB Brian White was your number one QB in the spring. Is he still the number one going into preseason camp?

JG:The two quarterbacks are real close [the other is QB Tygue Howland]. Both are still adjusting to the run-n-shoot. Both do things some days real nice and some days not nice. [Hawaii QB] Colt Brenner was the same way. There were some days when you’d think Colt Brenner would never be able to play. And he’s developed pretty nicely. He’s gone through the same struggles these two are going through.

JG: Here, the kids were recruited as a “pound-you” team. What Tim [Walsh] did was ran the ball 45 times a game – that’s the way he did it. We may not run 45 times for the year! Our longest run could be the huddle break! We’ve got to piece it together, it’s not together yet.

CB: What about your season opener versus McNeese State?

JG: I know McNeese will probably be the fastest team we play. The quarterback can flat-out play, the defensive line is very, very fast, and the defensive end there looks like an NFL guy. They have receivers like
we hope to get to. They can throw a five-yard bubble screen and they can go 70. We’re not there yet; that’s where we want to get.

Lehigh Football Nation
August 30th, 2007, 09:57 AM
And I'd be remiss if I didn't point out that Kent has this as his game of the week:

http://www.collegesportingnews.com/article.asp?articleid=87007

And it's my FCS Game of the week too:

http://www.collegesportingnews.com/article.asp?articleid=86989

And are you ready for this? I LOVE the fact that McNeese State put out the release on their website: "Elvis has picked up his tickets. Have you?" xlolx xlolx xlolx :D :D :D

http://mcneesesports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/082707aaa.html

McNeese_beat
August 30th, 2007, 10:07 AM
And I'd be remiss if I didn't point out that Kent has this as his game of the week:

http://www.collegesportingnews.com/article.asp?articleid=87007

And it's my FCS Game of the week too:

http://www.collegesportingnews.com/article.asp?articleid=86989

And are you ready for this? I LOVE the fact that McNeese State put out the release on their website: "Elvis has picked up his tickets. Have you?" xlolx xlolx xlolx :D :D :D

http://mcneesesports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/082707aaa.html

Someone told me yesterday he left tickets for D.B. Cooper at Will Call when (I'm not sure if it was Houston or Atlanta) played at Seattle one year. The story goes that the FBI posted somebody at Will Call just in case...

Lehigh Football Nation
August 30th, 2007, 10:12 AM
Someone told me yesterday he left tickets for D.B. Cooper at Will Call when (I'm not sure if it was Houston or Atlanta) played at Seattle one year. The story goes that the FBI posted somebody at Will Call just in case...

xlolx xlolx xlolx

Think the game has a shot at being a sellout? And are there any local press writeups on the game yet?

travelinman67
August 30th, 2007, 10:13 AM

Shooting from the hip, here...but I really feel that JG and Mouse were always the architects. I saw Hawaii play twice last year, studied them quite a bit...not taking anything away from June, but Mouse and Jerry were the "mentors" that everyone looked up to. I DO believe they'll solidly institute the R&G, but why go into arguably your toughest game with all your cards on the table.
xcoffeex

McTailGator
August 30th, 2007, 11:41 AM
xlolx xlolx xlolx

Think the game has a shot at being a sellout? And are there any local press writeups on the game yet?

No shot at a sell-out given our recent termoil, which include coaching change and Hurricanes. But I think we will have about 85% of the stadium filled.

We have exceeded last years season ticket sales, and are approaching an all time record. McNeese sales a lot of tickets on the first game day.

Proud Griz Man
August 30th, 2007, 11:59 AM
I'll bet a few THOUSAND lists have The Good Cap'n atop them!

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

xreadx

McNeese_beat
August 30th, 2007, 12:30 PM
xlolx xlolx xlolx

Sell out? You never know. McNeese has 12-15 k "hardcore" fans, of which 75-80 percent make every game (there's always reasons why some miss). They need 7-10k passive fans (night on the town, LSU, Southern or Grambling fans just curious, etc.) to make a game a sellout. If the weather is good Saturday and considering LSU played on Thursday, it could be close. I personally know of at least a couple of LSU fans that don't normally go to McNeese games who are planning to be there.

McNeese_beat
August 30th, 2007, 12:33 PM
Shooting from the hip, here...but I really feel that JG and Mouse were always the architects. I saw Hawaii play twice last year, studied them quite a bit...not taking anything away from June, but Mouse and Jerry were the "mentors" that everyone looked up to. I DO believe they'll solidly institute the R&G, but why go into arguably your toughest game with all your cards on the table.
xcoffeex

Oh I agree. But June was the boss and he was VERY familiar with the run and shoot, so if there was ever something that Mouse wanted to do, but June wanted to do it different, I'm sure June got the final say.

Glanville tried to throw me off. He told me June called the defense and he called the offense, ha. xrolleyesx
He is a true, true character.

McNeese_beat
August 30th, 2007, 12:41 PM
xlolx xlolx xlolx

To your second question, yes there are and I'm solely responsible for them (hence, my screen name). However, my paper has this (this is a family site so I'll bleep out my editorial comment) policy of pay-per view content. Basically you have to subscribe to our e-paper to see anything but a select few stories that are posted to the site.

I'll put snipets from each. I'm limiting it to the first several graphs of each story to give an idea of the subject matter. For the rest, you'll have to subscribe (sorry, but if I cut and pasted the whole thing, I think they would draw and quarter me)...

Today's story on Viator and Glanville …

<<By Gary Laney
American Press

Matt Viator has never coached a season opener as a college head coach. The McNeese State head coach took over on an interim basis four games into last year before getting the job full-time late in the season.
Yet, he finds nothing remarkable about his debut at coaching in a season debut this week against Portland State.
“It’s no different than any other year,” Viator said of his first season opener. “I’ve been a head coach before (at the high school level). And besides, the game’s not about me. Never has been. It’s about getting players motivated, organized and hopefully peaking at the right time.”
Typical Viator. Deflect the attention and put it on the players.
Try that if you’re Jerry Glanville.
The Man in Black couldn’t avoid attention if he decided to coach Eskimos at the North Pole. He’s doing about the closest thing, taking on the job of guiding what has been a near-anonymous program at PSU, which in recent seasons has struggled to get 7,000 people to home games.
Once PSU hired the former NFL coach and HBO analyst, it all changed.
“We’ve had so much media in here,” Glanville said. “It’s been just like it was like when I was with the Houston Oilers.”>>

Today's Southland Conference notebook:
<<By Gary Laney
American Press

Aside from the usual clichés about being ready to hit another team, the theme among Southland Conference coaches was a lack of familiarity with their Week 1 opponents.
McNeese State is playing a Portland State team with a new coach and a completely different scheme. Nicholls State is visiting Rice, which has a new coach, albeit one with whom the Colonels should be familiar. Central Arkansas is also facing a new coach at Louisiana Tech.
Stephen F. Austin doesn’t have film on Tarleton State. Texas State is hearing rumors that Cal Poly is going to change from a conventional offense to a triple-option attack this year.
“It’s an advantage for them,” McNeese coach Matt Viator said of PSU, which went from a conventional offense and a 4-3 defense to a run-and-shoot offense and a 3-4 defense under new coach Jerry Glanville. “They don’t run anything close to what they ran last year. They can watch tape of us and have a pretty good idea of what we run, but we can’t do that with them.”
Central Arkansas coach Clint Conque was at Louisiana Tech for seven years. Yet he finds himself playing against a completely unfamiliar opponent after Tech hired former Derek Dooley, Vince Dooley’s son, as head coach in the offseason.>>

Today's McNeese notebook:
<<By Gary Laney
American Press

McNeese State is ranked No. 10 and Portland State No. 13 in the Sports Network’s preseason Football Championship Subdivision poll. And the Cowboys enjoy home-field advantage for this week’s opener.
Yet, it seems like the Cowboys are starting the season as decided underdogs with the Vikings coming to town.
Football Gameplan is picking a 33-20 win for PSU, and a projection by Dr. D.P. Dwiggins, a statistics professor whose Web site called “DPD’s Dogs” has a power-ratings system, has the Vikings as a whopping 24-point favorite.
College Sporting News is picking a 40-37 Cowboys win, with the difference being a field goal by Blake Bercegeay.
n BRINGING OUT THE KING: While McNeese will be featuring its sports Hall of Fame class this week, it also has a special guest: Elvis.
McNeese is playing on the Jerry Glanville angle by sending out a publicity photo of Elvis (local Elvis impersonator John Ieyoub), picking up his tickets for the game at the fieldhouse.>>

Wednesday's McNeese notes:
<<By Gary Laney
American Press

McNeese State coach Matt Viator is assuming he’s going to see some talented players in Portland State’s run-and-shoot offense.
So he hasn’t been holding back in giving his secondary quality players to practice against.
“We took our top quarterbacks and receivers and we put them over there to run some of what they do,” Viator said. “We took our quarterbacks and we put (Steven) Whitehead, (Carlese) Franklin, (Quinten) Lawrence and (Immanuel) Friddle, our top four receivers, out there and try to simulate what they run with a little bit of speed.
“We try to run route combinations that are typical of the run-and-shoot with them and give them as a good of a look as possible.”
n HEAT FACTOR? While Portland State has been practicing in brisk Oregon mornings (practices start at 7 a.m.), Viator is not anticipating Louisiana’s stifling heat the be a detriment to the Vikings
“In my opinion, heat will be a zero factor,” Viator said. “I’m not a doctor, but my opinion is that heat takes its toll on you over a period of time. We don’t start having problems with heat until after about the first week.>>

Wednesday's story, scouting PSU:
<<By Gary Laney
American Press

Portland State is hoping for a boost to its program from its new high profile coach, Jerry Glanville, and its well-known offensive coordinator, run-and-shoot pioneer Mouse Davis.
But for this week, at least, Vikings faithful are hoping Glanville can simply replicate a trend set by his predecessor, Tim Walsh.
The former coach, who left PSU to become offensive coordinator at Army, won his last five games against Southland Conference competition before leaving the Garden City with a school-record 90 wins. Among the wins was a 35-14 victory over McNeese State in Portland, Ore., in 2004.
“They were going to be a top 20 team with or without Jerry Glanville,” said McNeese coach Matt Viator of the Vikings. “They have a good team coming back. Good players. And when we went there in 2004, they handled us easily.”
The problem for Viator and his staff is the 7-4 PSU team of a year ago did not run any of the schemes that Glanville and Davis brought to Park Blocks. Both Glanville and Davis were on June Jones’ Hawaii staff last year before bringing the run-and-shoot offense and 3-4, NFL-style defense to the Big Sky Conference in time for spring.>>

McNeese_beat
August 30th, 2007, 12:43 PM
xlolx xlolx xlolx

Here's more:

Tuesday's story, breaking down Monday's release of McNeese's two-deep:

<<By Gary Laney
American Press

McNeese State released its two-deep depth chart Monday for Saturday’s season opener against Portland State with injuries playing a role in who’s on the chart and where they are.
Two true freshmen, left tackle Jonathan Landry and center Miguel Gauthreaux, are listed on the second team because of injuries on the offensive line. Two returning starters who have been limited by injuries during August camp, tailback Jamie Leonard and cornerback Jonathan Walker, are on the second team.
Otherwise, McNeese’s lineup looks similar to what it has looked like through most of August camp, at least since injuries to tackles James Jordan and Casey Richter forced the move of tight end Kyle Link to left tackle.
“A lot of it depends on how healthy we are,” head coach Matt Viator said of who might actually play and how much. “We’ll have to see.”>>

travelinman67
August 30th, 2007, 12:51 PM
...Glanville tried to throw me off. He told me June called the defense and he called the offense, ha. xrolleyesx
He is a true, true character.

Guaranteed he spoke with a poker face.xlolx

Wish we had more guys with his sense of humor (and wisdom/vision). xnodx

Great write ups...gonna check out the site.xthumbsupx

McNeese72
August 30th, 2007, 02:53 PM
Sell out? You never know. McNeese has 12-15 k "hardcore" fans, of which 75-80 percent make every game (there's always reasons why some miss). They need 7-10k passive fans (night on the town, LSU, Southern or Grambling fans just curious, etc.) to make a game a sellout. If the weather is good Saturday and considering LSU played on Thursday, it could be close. I personally know of at least a couple of LSU fans that don't normally go to McNeese games who are planning to be there.

What? Scooter is coming to the game? :)

Doc

PSUVikings
August 30th, 2007, 02:59 PM
MSU's O-Line is damaged with injury, expect Coach to send hi Blitzes all day, I think that may be a monster issue for MSU.

McNeese_beat
August 30th, 2007, 03:47 PM
What? Scooter is coming to the game? :)

Doc

Probably xnodx Depends on the action at the blackjack table Saturday though xrolleyesx

I think a couple of local ex-LSU players I know will probably be xrotatehx

McNeese_beat
August 30th, 2007, 03:49 PM
MSU's O-Line is damaged with injury, expect Coach to send hi Blitzes all day, I think that may be a monster issue for MSU.

You're probably right. The mitigating factors for McNeese are that the guy they moved to left tackle is probably their best NFL prospect on the O-Line, he just happened to play tight end before this August and also, their defense brings every kind of imaginable blitz, just out of the 4-2-5 and 4-3 schemes, not the 3-4.