PDA

View Full Version : LFN Patriot League Picks, Week One

Lehigh Football Nation
August 28th, 2007, 05:12 PM
This tails into my picks for all of FCS, coming out very soon.

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com

Go...gate
August 28th, 2007, 05:30 PM
I like the "Refurbished Raiders". Hope you are correct.

youwouldno
August 28th, 2007, 05:31 PM
Holy Cross over UMass is a pretty big PL-homer pick. HC is a 3 TD+ dog. For them to win outright would be pretty surprising. I like HC so far as it goes but they aren't in UMass' league.

travelinman67
August 28th, 2007, 05:42 PM
This tails into my picks for all of FCS, coming out very soon.

http://www.russiablog.org/PutinCheckingWatchNewYear2007.jpg
xcoffeex

Old Cage
August 28th, 2007, 07:40 PM
"pose a matchup problem for UMass, especially in the secondary"

Say what? Let me introduce Jeromy Miles, ECAC Freshman of the Year last year for Navy, now roaming around the UMass secondary.

http://umassathletics.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/miles_jeromy00.html

Sagarin has us a 25 point favorite and Betus.com is at 22. I have posted on the UMass board that I think it should be higher.

Good luck with your picks. Don't bet the kid's scholarship money.

LehighFan11
August 28th, 2007, 08:01 PM
LFN i dont know about that Holy Cross pick. I hope you are right but i dont think any PL teams could beat UMASS. #3 PL team beat #1 A-10?

ngineer
August 28th, 2007, 08:03 PM
Gotta agree that the HC pick is way out on the limb. Yes, the Crusaders have some people back and a very good QB, but I don't see them hanging with UMass over four quarters. It will be 'interesting' but Minutemen will 'rice' to the occasion...;)

LUHawker
August 28th, 2007, 08:06 PM
As I posted in another thread, HC is a one-trick pony (Randolph) and one pony isn't going to overtake the horsepower of the UMass herd.

Come back to planet Earth, LFN!

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 28th, 2007, 08:23 PM
Umass is going to smoke HC on Saturday. I don't see anyway that HC stays within 3 TD's of Umass. HC is getting a lot of mileage after a 7-4 season in which their only victory of note was over 6-5 Lafayette. I think people, mostly PL people, are severely overrating HC. They have a couple of good players but still don't have much depth. Gilmore hasn't exactly brought in blockbuster recruiting classes. They've been better then previous ones but still rank in the middle of the PL.

Seawolf97
August 28th, 2007, 08:44 PM
I think you are about right with the score of Stonybrook over the Hoyas. Holy Cross over UMass - Not to sure about thatxconfusedx xconfusedx

travelinman67
August 28th, 2007, 08:56 PM
Umass is going to smoke HC on Saturday. I don't see anyway that HC stays within 3 TD's of Umass. HC is getting a lot of mileage after a 7-4 season in which their only victory of note was over 6-5 Lafayette. I think people, mostly PL people, are severely overrating HC. They have a couple of good players but still don't have much depth. Gilmore hasn't exactly brought in blockbuster recruiting classes. They've been better then previous ones but still rank in the middle of the PL.

Musta read my mind.xcoffeex

Lehigh Football Nation
August 28th, 2007, 10:04 PM
Taking notes here for Sunday: "UMass will smoke HC... they're one or two players, that's it... they only beat Lafayette last year..." Just taking notes.

umassfan
August 28th, 2007, 10:30 PM
Taking notes here for Sunday: "UMass will smoke HC... they're one or two players, that's it... they only beat Lafayette last year..." Just taking notes.

Taking note? are you on crack man. Give me some of what you are smoking.
By reading your comments... you know very little about UMass and are giving HC alot more credit then they should get.

TheValleyRaider
August 29th, 2007, 12:54 AM
I was wondering when you'd show up. Welcome back :)

umassfan
August 29th, 2007, 04:01 AM
I was wondering when you'd show up. Welcome back :)

Dont worry... its your turn next ;)

TheValleyRaider
August 29th, 2007, 09:21 AM
Dont worry... its your turn next ;)

We'll be waiting xcoolx

Pard94
August 29th, 2007, 11:15 AM
LFN, that HC pick qualifies you as a few sandwiches short of a picnic. I like the rest of the picks but HC gets dusted by Umass in a rout! No disrespect to HC...I just happen to think Umass is going back to the national title game and Holy Cross...well, they're not.

carney2
August 29th, 2007, 11:25 AM
LFN, that HC pick qualifies you as a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

A prophet or a crackpot. There is no middle ground.

Lehigh Football Nation
August 29th, 2007, 02:31 PM
A prophet or a crackpot. There is no middle ground.

We'll find out Saturday, won't we? :p

Fordham
August 29th, 2007, 02:35 PM
so HC knocks off arguably the best CAA school out there and we get absolutely spanked by arguably the worst?

transitive property makes me expect a 102 - 0 prediction when we play HC.

travelinman67
August 29th, 2007, 02:48 PM
so HC knocks off arguably the best CAA school out there and we get absolutely spanked by arguably the worst?

transitive property makes me expect a 102 - 0 prediction when we play HC.

Jeez! Ouch! xeekx

I feel like bringing a care package when I come to NY next week.xsmhx

...you guys consider changing your mascot to Rodney Dangerfield?