PDA

View Full Version : Throwdown in Chucktown

CSUBUCDAD
August 28th, 2007, 12:33 PM
Excitement is building for this weekends opener between The Bucs and Dawgs that has been aptly dubbed the "Throwdown in Chucktown". I am really looking foward to this weekend and just hope it is half as good a game as it was last year. Here to another great year of southern football. xthumbsupx

MarkCCU
August 28th, 2007, 12:35 PM
damnit i was getting ready to post this.

go EL Cid

citdog
August 28th, 2007, 12:35 PM
Dad i don't think this is going to be pretty for your boys. we are gonna go through you like **** through a goose to quote Georgie.

CSUBUCDAD
August 28th, 2007, 12:43 PM
Dad i don't think this is going to be pretty for your boys. we are gonna go through you like **** through a goose to quote Georgie.

We'll see ya ole dog. Not to start any smack on the none smack board, but the dawgs are the ones that lost 3/4th of their starters on both sides of the ball. CSU returns 8 on offense and 10 on defense. Hope you had some studs that learn quick move into those spots this year cause they will be up against a bunch of boys that have 2 and 3 years experience in the starting lineup.

I think it will be a better game than you give it credit.

citdog1997
August 28th, 2007, 12:47 PM
Dad,
Can't wait for this game in Johnson Hagood. We have been waiting for this one, ever since ya'll beat us in double overtime last year. We were very disappointed in our performance, but hats off to ya'll coming up with the victory. I think this year will be a different story.
Ya'll seem to be pretty solid defensively, but your offense is the big question mark.
As for the dogs, look for Duran to have a big day, and Super Duper Tory Cooper to gain a lot of yards on the ground.
Look forward to seeing you on Saturday.

citdog
August 28th, 2007, 01:04 PM
Dad,
Can't wait for this game in Johnson Hagood. We have been waiting for this one, ever since ya'll beat us in double overtime last year. We were very disappointed in our performance, but hats off to ya'll coming up with the victory. I think this year will be a different story.
Ya'll seem to be pretty solid defensively, but your offense is the big question mark.
As for the dogs, look for Duran to have a big day, and Super Duper Tory Cooper to gain a lot of yards on the ground.

it's pronounced COOPAH! like the river!

citdog1997
August 28th, 2007, 01:14 PM
We'll see ya ole dog. Not to start any smack on the none smack board, but the dawgs are the ones that lost 3/4th of their starters on both sides of the ball. CSU returns 8 on offense and 10 on defense. Hope you had some studs that learn quick move into those spots this year cause they will be up against a bunch of boys that have 2 and 3 years experience in the starting lineup.

I think it will be a better game than you give it credit.

Dad you must be confused with some other team as far as starters go.
We have 8 starters from last year on offense, and this doesn't include Sophmore Wide Receiver, Andre Roberts that catches everything in sight.
As for the defense, we have 6 starters returning from last year.

OL FU
August 28th, 2007, 01:47 PM
xeekx xeekx xeekx

Another citdogxeyebrowx

Cleets
August 28th, 2007, 01:56 PM
Um...

We need to discuss this other Citdog... xeyebrowx

I'm not comfortable with two Citdogs on one forum...
one might get behind you (or even flank you) and it's pretty much over then..!!!

Dear Mr. Citdog 1997 it's still early enough for you to change your name, Citdog (the real one) is a legend around these parts... no harm no foul...

xwhistlex

MarkCCU
August 28th, 2007, 01:59 PM
I believe Mr. 1997 should also change his name. See thread in the Smack Lounge

chantman
August 28th, 2007, 02:11 PM
Although I'll be pulling for my Big South brothers, my guess is that ElCid will be fired up for this one. It could become ugly.

OL FU
August 28th, 2007, 02:11 PM
Um...

We need to discuss this other Citdog... xeyebrowx

I'm not comfortable with two Citdogs on one forum...
one might get behind you (or even flank you) and it's pretty much over then..!!!

Dear Mr. Citdog 1997 it's still early enough for you to change your name, Citdog (the real one) is a legend around these parts... no harm no foul...

xwhistlex

Think of all the possible disguisesxeekx

OL FU
August 28th, 2007, 02:14 PM
You don't have to change your name just don't use that stinky face dog avatarxnodx

citdog
August 28th, 2007, 02:16 PM
You don't have to change your name just don't use that stinky face dog avatarxnodx

SPIKE IS BEAUTIFUL!

citdog1997
August 28th, 2007, 02:30 PM
when I first came on this site, I came up Citdog1997, but I did't know that
there was already a citdog, and a famous one at that!

CID1990
August 28th, 2007, 02:32 PM
Excitement is building for this weekends opener between The Bucs and Dawgs that has been aptly dubbed the "Smackdown in Chucktown". I am really looking foward to this weekend and just hope it is half as good a game as it was last year. Here to another great year of southern football. xthumbsupx

Fixed it for ya. xthumbsupx

OL FU
August 28th, 2007, 02:33 PM
when I first came on this site, I came up Citdog1997, but I did't know that
there was already a citdog, and a famous one at that!

Infamous would be more like and he wouldn't have it any other wayxsmiley_wix

citdog
August 28th, 2007, 02:34 PM
Infamous would be more like and he wouldn't have it any other wayxsmiley_wix

damn straight!

unlike catfishccu!xsmiley_wix

Ol Blue
August 28th, 2007, 03:12 PM
The wife and I will be tailgating at this one. Hope to see some of you there.

IaaScribe
August 28th, 2007, 03:13 PM
El Cid wins comfortably. Probably by at least four TDs.

Ol Blue
August 28th, 2007, 03:17 PM
Dad,

I keep hearing that our offense is improving rapidly.

CSUBUCDAD
August 28th, 2007, 04:59 PM
El Cid wins comfortably. Probably by at least four TDs.

Must be a nice bag of Ti you just bought there my friend. xsmiley_wix

IaaScribe
August 28th, 2007, 06:43 PM
I'm just sayin' ... having to replace two of your starting linebackers on the eve of the season opener is not a good thing.

BULLDOG8180
August 28th, 2007, 10:23 PM
I will be there with my two future bulldogs in tow.

SuperJon
August 28th, 2007, 10:32 PM
El Cid should win easily. Chuck South returned "10 starters" but two are injured, were the others declared eligible? There were questions about that earlier in the month. Plus, they only have two receivers who caught a pass last year (and one of those only caught one pass). They have no proven QB, and they didn't run the ball much last year. They had to close practice so that they could install a new offense. It won't be pretty.

MarkCCU
August 29th, 2007, 06:43 AM
damn straight!

unlike catfishccu!xsmiley_wix

You're just jelaous b/c i've pulled in more tail in my short life than you could ever dream of. You're just jealous b/c i've got the Old and NEW Testament and just got that old one. You're just jealous b/c my Gentile God can beat up your Jew God(wait....nevermind). I'm famous round these parts.

THE PEOPLE LOVE ME!!

You're just jealous my schmeckle goes past my knees and yours doesn't make it to mid thigh.xsmiley_wix

CSU Girl
August 29th, 2007, 08:09 AM
ahh yes another season with my favorite AGS Gentlemen. Obviously we all know who I think will win this weekend. I am very much excited to listen to this game. BEAT CITADEL!

citdog
August 29th, 2007, 09:02 AM
ahh yes another season with my favorite AGS Gentlemen. Obviously we all know who I think will win this weekend. I am very much excited to listen to this game. BEAT CITADEL!

it's THE Citadel, gal. and NEVER forget that the area betwixt the Ashley and the Cooper belongs to the 'DOGS! y'all can have goose creek, north charleston etc!

CSUBUCDAD
August 29th, 2007, 12:53 PM
it's THE Citadel, gal. and NEVER forget that the area betwixt the Ashley and the Cooper belongs to the 'DOGS! y'all can have goose creek, north charleston etc!

We took the areas between the Ashley and the Cooper last year. You get a chance to get it back Saturday. xsmiley_wix

citdog
August 29th, 2007, 01:26 PM
We took the areas between the Ashley and the Cooper last year. You get a chance to get it back Saturday. xsmiley_wix

**** dad you berkely and dorchester county trash only allowed on the pennisula for this game!

CSUBUCDAD
August 29th, 2007, 01:34 PM
**** dad you berkely and dorchester county trash only allowed on the pennisula for this game!

Careful their big dog, BucDad is married to a Charleston Blue Blood. That gives me unlimited access anytime. xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

89Hen
August 29th, 2007, 02:09 PM
Dad,
Can't wait for this game in Johnson Hagood.
BTW, how is the stadium coming along? Seems like it's been forever to replace the one side.

Bud2003
August 29th, 2007, 02:45 PM
I'm sorry, but.....What exactly is the series record????

I thought so!

citdog
August 29th, 2007, 02:59 PM
BTW, how is the stadium coming along? Seems like it's been forever to replace the one side.

home side finished. visitor side for next years opener. then we will be able to turn the stadium lights AND the french fry machine on at the same time without fear of knocking off the power to half of SC!

citdog
August 29th, 2007, 02:59 PM

I thought so!

not too many folks we can say that about!

Dabnus Brickey
August 29th, 2007, 04:05 PM
Although I'll be pulling for my Big South brothers, my guess is that ElCid will be fired up for this one. It could become ugly.

With our history vs. CSU, you're pulling for them? WOW!!!

GO Citadel!!! You can't spell "SUCKS" without CSU!!!

citdog
August 29th, 2007, 05:02 PM
With our history vs. CSU, you're pulling for them? WOW!!!

GO Citadel!!! You can't spell "SUCKS" without CSU!!!

THE Citadel Brickney........you should know better!

CSUBUCDAD
August 29th, 2007, 05:37 PM

I thought so!

Not much of a history with only 4 games in the series so far. CSU didn't even get serious about their program until Mills was hired. What is THE Cids excuse?

citdog
August 29th, 2007, 05:54 PM
Not much of a history with only 4 games in the series so far. CSU didn't even get serious about their program until Mills was hired. What is THE Cids excuse?

No excuse. We were playing football before anyone even thought about founding the Baptist college at Charleston.

Bud2003
August 29th, 2007, 06:27 PM

Do I really need to go there??? Please let me know!!!

The Gadfly
August 29th, 2007, 11:43 PM

That's where all you yankee and "new school" Citadel scalliwags pushed the true southerners out to. Hell, y'all got more out-of-staters than COASTAL xeyebrowx . Military College of South Carolina . . . indeed. I'm pullin' for the true southerners. YEEEEEEEEEEHAG!!!

citdog
August 30th, 2007, 07:14 AM
[QUOTE=The Gadfly;629660]That's where all you yankee and "new school" Citadel scalliwags pushed the true southerners out to. Hell, y'all got more out-of-staters than COASTAL xeyebrowx . Military College of South Carolina . . . indeed. I'm pullin' for the true southerners. YEEEEEEEEEEHAG!!!

sorry to hear that Fly, it's gonna be a long day for you then!

MarkCCU
August 30th, 2007, 07:59 AM
I will be at the Chuckdown Throwdown...

CID1990
August 30th, 2007, 09:21 AM
UCLA= University of Charleston, Ladson Area.

Millwoch
August 30th, 2007, 12:03 PM
I hear that tickets have been moving down in Charleston this week. Sounds like there will be a great crowd. I am guessing 15000 or more. The expert handicaps have El Cid -18 and I would expect about that.

citdog
August 30th, 2007, 01:23 PM
I hear that tickets have been moving down in Charleston this week. Sounds like there will be a great crowd. I am guessing 15000 or more. The expert handicaps have El Cid -18 and I would expect about that.

i think we will have 17k and score more than that!

citdog
August 30th, 2007, 01:24 PM
UCLA= University of Charleston, Ladson Area.

also works for CCU......

UCLA= Upper Conway Lower Aynor

Millwoch
August 30th, 2007, 02:12 PM
I agree Citdog...but I doubt we get a shutout....but that would be nice...

CID1990
August 30th, 2007, 02:23 PM
If the line is -18, then that isn't far off the 21 point spread I predicted a couple weeks ago.

MarkCCU
August 30th, 2007, 02:25 PM
UNC= University of North Charleston
URA- University of Rivers Avenue

CID1990
September 2nd, 2007, 07:26 AM
If the line is -18, then that isn't far off the 21 point spread I predicted a couple weeks ago.

Looks like Ol' CID1990 should have dropped some money on this game and the App State game.

CSUBUCDAD
September 2nd, 2007, 08:13 AM
Looks like not having Drafts on the field made more of a difference that I originally thought it would. Eli Byrd did some good things but his inexperience costs us in critical 3rd down situations. Like one of the coaches on the post game show said, they are still waiting for someone to step up in those situations and say "give me the ball". Right now everyone is just looking at each other. I do think that will come in time. He had good protection in the pocket most of the day, but I did notice he was failing to read his progressions at critical times. It costs them dearly too. That too will change with time.

Oh, and one last thing. When your quarterback has 45 yards rushing and the only other runner with a state has 2 yards. It is time to go back to the drawing board on the rushing game.

BTW, Hey Catfish, I am officially labeling you a wimp.xnodx You let a little shower keep you home? Missed some damn good food bubba:D

citdog
September 4th, 2007, 12:36 PM
bucdad can spin it anyway he wants. the baptist college at charleston got their asses kicked up and down General Hugh P. Harris Field at Genreal Johnson Hagood Stadium. plain and simple is the CitDog!

andy7171
September 4th, 2007, 12:41 PM
THE Citadel Brickney........you should know better!

Go The Citadel? xeyebrowx

citdog
September 4th, 2007, 12:42 PM
Go The Citadel? xeyebrowx

that's right

andy7171
September 4th, 2007, 12:44 PM
that's right
I like it! xpeacex

Ol Blue
September 4th, 2007, 01:08 PM
bucdad can spin it anyway he wants. the baptist college at charleston got their asses kicked up and down General Hugh P. Harris Field at Genreal Johnson Hagood Stadium. plain and simple is the CitDog!

No doubt. CSU is going to have to put in some work on their offensive and defensive line. Citadel backs ran up the middle at will. The running game made a huge difference in the favor of The Citadel. CSU could neither run nor throw very well.

The only bright spot was when CSU's QB hit a few well placed passes. Perhaps as the season progresses that may become more productive.

I didn't realize that CSU's offense was so one dimensional