PDA

View Full Version : SIU gets their rings

89Hen
August 28th, 2007, 12:07 PM
This will probably end up on the smack board, but did SIU really give their players rings for making the quarterfinals????? xlolx xnutsx

They finished FOURTH in the Gateway!

http://graphics.fansonly.com/schools/silu/graphics/auto/Ring07.jpg

xnonono2x

Mountain Panther
August 28th, 2007, 12:37 PM
They should have gotten a ring based solely on how bad they whipped UNI last year! xnonono2x

citdog
August 28th, 2007, 12:42 PM
Only one ring matters to me!

Saint3333
August 28th, 2007, 03:04 PM
Only one ring matters to me!

Hens I guess the four diamonds signify their 4th place finish.

These rings are no worse than the CCU "South Carolina" champ rings they received in 2006.xrolleyesx

Citdog - don't worry that's the only ring any Citadel grad will ever get.

Ok my job is complete it now can be moved to smack:p

SunCoastBlueHen
August 28th, 2007, 03:08 PM
This will probably end up on the smack board, but did SIU really give their players rings for making the quarterfinals????? xlolx xnutsx

They finished FOURTH in the Gateway!

Wow. xeekx

That's almost like the "participation trophy" they give to every kid in youth sports these days. :)

ysubigred
August 28th, 2007, 03:10 PM
It's kind of cool to me xthumbsupx Hell, as a player I appreciated anything I received from the school to remember what we accomplished. Plus, to have a ring with a class act like Coach Kill on it would be an honor to wear.

xtwocentsx

patssle
August 28th, 2007, 03:45 PM
How did they make playoffs if they finished 4th?

ForShizzleGrizzle
August 28th, 2007, 03:50 PM
East coast bias??

Blue Hen Nation
August 28th, 2007, 04:09 PM
They're just trying to say that we're all winners.........everybody deserves a ring of their own. xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Blue Hen Nation
August 28th, 2007, 04:13 PM
I bet they all got big hugs at the ceremony.

Cap'n Cat
August 28th, 2007, 04:16 PM
Reminds me of them YSU klowns who got rings for "tying" for the title in '05 and sittin' on their fat, losing-to-UNI-always asses for the playoffs. I'd be embarassed to wear that thing around.

TheBisonator
August 28th, 2007, 06:04 PM
At least NDSU got rings for actually winning a conference title. And they were just for the GWFC title. They just said "GWFC CHAMPIONS 2006" on them. No Scores of wins over IA teams or 8th place finishes or anything foolish like that.

nmatsen
August 28th, 2007, 08:27 PM
I was thinking exactly what cap'n cat was thinking. this sounds like something YSU would do, give conference championship rings out to their players when the finish third in the conference and sit on their arses in late november.

Jerbearasu
August 28th, 2007, 10:12 PM
All teams in the FBS that go to a bowl game get a ring too. I actually saw a ring from a Clemson player that literally said "Loser" on it from the peach Bowl they lost I believe. I thought that was hilarious!

BearsCountry
August 28th, 2007, 11:23 PM
How did they make playoffs if they finished 4th?

Its bc the Gateway is really good. :)

ysubigred
August 29th, 2007, 05:48 AM
Reminds me of them YSU klowns who got rings for "tying" for the title in '05 and sittin' on their fat, losing-to-UNI-always asses for the playoffs. I'd be embarassed to wear that thing around.

xlolx Damn!! Cat you have the worst case of Penguin envy I've ever seen xnonono2x Give it up dude :D

NoCoDanny
August 29th, 2007, 09:22 AM
What are the scores on the side? They beat Indiana? Is that what I'm seeing there?

douglasdmb
August 29th, 2007, 09:47 AM
What are the scores on the side? They beat Indiana? Is that what I'm seeing there?

Yes.

SO ILLmatic
August 29th, 2007, 11:45 AM
Considering what the program has been through and being able to reach the 2nd round of the playoffs for the 1st round since 83, the rings represent our football team's goal of constantly getting better. Maybe looking at the rings for last year will serve as a reminder that they didn't finish the job, and this year is another chance for them to do so.

What's wrong with putting the Indiana score on the rings? Its a reminder that we were the first team to beat a Big Ten school.

Hopefully the ring following this season will be full of higher accomplishments by this year's Saluki team.

saluki_in_ohio
August 29th, 2007, 11:48 AM

See my sig.

89Hen
August 29th, 2007, 11:50 AM
Considering what the program has been through and being able to reach the 2nd round of the playoffs for the 1st round since 83...

What's wrong with putting the Indiana score on the rings? Its a reminder that we were the first team to beat a Big Ten school.
The team should be proud of their accomplishments, I just think rings are reserved for champions. I honestly don't even like conference championship rings too much... there's only one championship in I-AA that matters.

BTW, first I-AA team to beat a Big Ten? I don't know if anyone had done it before last year, but UNH beat you by week. xsmiley_wix

SO ILLmatic
August 29th, 2007, 04:08 PM
The team should be proud of their accomplishments, I just think rings are reserved for champions. I honestly don't even like conference championship rings too much... there's only one championship in I-AA that matters.

BTW, first I-AA team to beat a Big Ten? I don't know if anyone had done it before last year, but UNH beat you by week. xsmiley_wix

I was referring to the 1st Gateway team to do so

NoCoDanny
August 29th, 2007, 04:15 PM
What is the 38-12 score?

Cap'n Cat
August 29th, 2007, 06:53 PM
xlolx Damn!! Cat you have the worst case of Penguin envy I've ever seen xnonono2x Give it up dude :D

Certainly no Penguin envy, my friend. xnonox

In reality, Cap'n Cat likes the Penguin nation. Met some great people there. Enjoyed tailgating at Stambaugh in '01 and look forward to going there again, next year, as UNI goes for eight in a row v. the Waddling Ones.

xthumbsupx

SO ILLmatic
August 29th, 2007, 10:54 PM
What is the 38-12 score?

I believe thats our composite record from the 2003 season to now. Im not positive on this, but its my best guess

ysubigred
August 30th, 2007, 06:06 AM
Certainly no Penguin envy, my friend. xnonox

In reality, Cap'n Cat likes the Penguin nation. Met some great people there. Enjoyed tailgating at Stambaugh in '01 and look forward to going there again, next year, as UNI goes for eight in a row v. the Waddling Ones.

xthumbsupx

I might get to the dome this year. I'll see if I can get one of the Williams Brother's to travel with me. xthumbsupx

mikebigg
August 30th, 2007, 08:00 AM
I found out yesterday that Southern Illinois is playing UAPB (Arkansas-Pine Bluff) of the SWAC this season. I had forgotten that you guys played each other last year. I will be interested to see how this one fares...props to both school for this ooc matchup. Of course, my conference allegiance goes with UAPB.

89Hen
August 30th, 2007, 08:58 AM
I found out yesterday that Southern Illinois is playing UAPB (Arkansas-Pine Bluff) of the SWAC this season.
I'm pretty sure SIU played DelSt of the MEAC a couple years ago too. xthumbsupx

ShowMeBear2
August 30th, 2007, 09:05 AM
Who gives a rat ass about it.........

ShowMeBear2
August 30th, 2007, 09:08 AM
SIU plays in a tough ass league. Not many conferences have many tough games as the gateway does.

ShowMeBear2
August 30th, 2007, 09:14 AM
Who gives a rat ass about it......... About the rings no the games.