PDA

View Full Version : South Dakota State - Western Illinois

leatherneck177
August 28th, 2007, 11:38 AM
Predictions?

Newly renovated Hanson Field hosting the upstart Jacks of South Dakota State. I think it will be close through 3 quarters with WIU pulling away in the 4th.

WIU 24
SDSU 14

Cap'n Cat
August 28th, 2007, 11:59 AM
Predictions?

Newly renovated Hanson Field hosting the upstart Jacks of South Dakota State. I think it will be close through 3 quarters with WIU pulling away in the 4th.

WIU 24
SDSU 14

The Jacks aren't really upstart. Much as I love a longtime conference mate, WIU ain't ready yet. Lots of enthusiasm around SDSU and just another mediocre year for the Leatherheads. Still, they beat UNI in the Dome last year.xsmhx

Jacks 24
LeatherNation 10

Mountain Panther
August 28th, 2007, 12:08 PM
Leathermen: 14
Bunnies: 13

89Hen
August 28th, 2007, 12:11 PM
SDSU got off to a really slow start last year and have a MUCH tougher start this year: @WIU, @YSU, UNI. Any Jack fans shed some light on what happened at the start of last year?

Bison77
August 28th, 2007, 12:39 PM
This one's a toss up. Turnovers will decide the game. If the Jacks do lose it could they could be in trouble for the next few games.

putter
August 28th, 2007, 12:45 PM
SDSU proving they belong in FCS.

SDSU - 24
W Ill - 21

Ivytalk
August 28th, 2007, 12:50 PM

SDSU - 24
W Ill - 21

That sounds about right to me.

AZGrizFan
August 28th, 2007, 01:10 PM
Meh. So SDSU beats up on another perennially weak Gateway team. What's new? xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx

SDSU - 27
WIU - 14

youwouldno
August 28th, 2007, 01:22 PM
This was a tough one for me. I took WIU at -2 1/2. Overall I think SDSU is better but its @ WIU and I don't think SDSU's defense matches up well against WIU RB Donaldson. WIU is going to run the ball a lot and I'm not sure SDSU will stop them.

WIU 31
SDSU 28

Cap'n Cat
August 28th, 2007, 01:24 PM
Meh. So SDSU beats up on another perennially weak Gateway team. What's new? xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx

SDSU - 27

WIU - 14

Western Illinois, though on a downward trend right now, would still finish in the top 2 in the Big Skam, year after year after year.

xnodx xnodx xnodx

Petrie Dish
August 28th, 2007, 01:37 PM
I'll take the Jacks by 3.

AZGrizFan
August 28th, 2007, 01:39 PM
Western Illinois, though on a downward trend right now, would still finish in the top 2 in the Big Skam, year after year after year.

xnodx xnodx xnodx

riiiiight. ;)

The Gateway is YSU, UNI and everybody else. Just like any other conference. xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

DallasNeck
August 28th, 2007, 02:08 PM
I'll pick Western to win, but is anyone else aware that they haven't named a starting QB yet?

travelinman67
August 28th, 2007, 02:10 PM

xnodx xnodx xnodx

Jeezus, Cap...we're on the same page here. Not a big Patterson fan...talks the talk but IMHO he's built a house of cards in the recruiting arena. "Downward trend" is spot on.

SDSU 27
WIU 21

Ronbo
August 28th, 2007, 03:15 PM

xnodx xnodx xnodx

And if UNI was in the Big Sky they would be a perennial 2nd and 3rd place team, joining PSU, MSU, and NAU fighting it out for 2nd every year.xlolx

FargoBison
August 28th, 2007, 03:36 PM

SDSU - 24
W Ill - 21

I think week 2 is where SDSU will have a chance to prove their ranking. Beating WIU would be a good win but going into YSU and winning would mean a lot more.

BisonBacker
August 28th, 2007, 03:53 PM
Agreedxcoffeex

Cap'n Cat
August 28th, 2007, 04:18 PM
And if UNI was in the Big Sky they would be a perennial 2nd and 3rd place team, joining PSU, MSU, and NAU fighting it out for 2nd every year.xlolx

Hey, that's good, Chuckles! Very original!!!

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

xeyebrowx

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

AZGrizFan
August 28th, 2007, 04:19 PM
Hey, that's good, Chuckles! Very original!!!

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

xeyebrowx

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Yes it was. I gave him rep points for that beatdown. xlolx xlolx xlolx

BisonBacker
August 28th, 2007, 04:26 PM
Silly me I thought this thread was about SDSU and WIU :p

MPLSGRIZZLY
August 28th, 2007, 04:29 PM

xnodx xnodx xnodx

Yeah and UNI lost at HOME to DII North Dakota last year. So you would have most likely finished 2nd or 3rd in the NCC.

For some reason our 38-0 a$$ kicking of your squad in the playoffs a few years back didn't knock any sense into you.

ncbears
August 28th, 2007, 04:55 PM
I'll go with WIU in a toss up. Wouldn't be suprised if the bunnies won though.

X-Factor
August 28th, 2007, 05:04 PM
Which SDSU team shows up? SDSU is a team that really has to prove itself first. They can be hit and miss, especially early in the season with a new QB.

But

WIU 27
SDSU 28

I really don't think either team can stop the other's running game.

Cap'n Cat
August 28th, 2007, 06:21 PM
Yes it was. I gave him rep points for that beatdown. xlolx xlolx xlolx

Beatdown? That feather he used really hurt!

Your standards really slip when you got your homer hat on, Homer!

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

AZGrizFan
August 28th, 2007, 07:05 PM
Beatdown? That feather he used really hurt!

Your standards really slip when you got your homer hat on, Homer!

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Especially since i heard you REALLY like it when he uses the feather....

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 28th, 2007, 07:09 PM
I picked WIU as the suprise third team from the Gateway to make the playoffs. They have a very friendly schedule and if they can defend their new home turf they sneak into the field of 16. This will be an interesting matchup on Saturday.

JackTwice
August 28th, 2007, 07:14 PM
Depth and experience on the defensive front 7 is a new thing for the Jacks. This unit will be a strength this year.

I think Western will be a tough test for the Jacks but they will prevail in the end.

SDSU 23
WIU 10

nmatsen
August 28th, 2007, 08:22 PM
riiiiight. ;)

The Gateway is YSU, UNI and everybody else. Just like any other conference. xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

wasn't it just 3 seasons ago the leathernecks walked into wa griz and went out with a victory? what about Southern Illinois, the Saluki's would have finished first or second in the sky each of the last four years. there is that team Illinois State that might disagree with your statement as well. two team conference my arse.xsmiley_wix

ThreadStopper
August 28th, 2007, 08:46 PM
South Dakota State 17
Western Illinois 10

All the scoring in the first half!

SiouxFallsJack
August 29th, 2007, 01:56 AM
Depth and experience on the defensive front 7 is a new thing for the Jacks. This unit will be a strength this year.

I think Western will be a tough test for the Jacks but they will prevail in the end.

SDSU 23
WIU 10

I agree that the defensive front will be a strength this year. I am a little worried about QB to start the season. This should be a good game and I'll pick the Jacks to win 20-16.

BisonBabe
August 29th, 2007, 08:14 AM

SDSU 23
WIU 10

I agree that the defensive front will be a strength this year. I am a little worried about QB to start the season. This should be a good game and I'll pick the Jacks to win 20-16.

Question for you SDSU guys will the game be broadcast via the internet like your home games?

BTW I pick SDSU to win this game xsmiley_wix

ysubigred
August 29th, 2007, 08:30 AM

SDSU - 27
WIU - 14

Good thing they didn't join the BSC BULL **** CONFERENCE they would win it every year :D

WIU 28-17

AZGrizFan
August 29th, 2007, 09:21 AM
wasn't it just 3 seasons ago the leathernecks walked into wa griz and went out with a victory? what about Southern Illinois, the Saluki's would have finished first or second in the sky each of the last four years. there is that team Illinois State that might disagree with your statement as well. two team conference my arse.xsmiley_wix
At the risk of repeating myself:

Even a broke clock is right twice a day.
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx ;)

SeattleGriz
August 29th, 2007, 10:08 AM

Is this the team you believe would have won the Big Sky?

http://streamingmedia.montanagrizzlies.com/umgriz/2006_2007/Football/Multimedia/vs_Southern_/um-siu-2006.wmv

No disrespect to Southern Illinois.

RabidRabbit
August 29th, 2007, 10:44 AM
Jacks bring an experienced offense and defense to WIU. Ryan Berry, who started 5 games in 2005 will again lead the Jacks. Punishing runners, outstanding FG kicker, and experienced defense should make this a solid win for the Bunnies.

I'm not seeing or reading where WIU is substantially different from last year's team.

A good first test of the pre-season 20th ranking of the Jacks.

Prediction:

Jacks 27
Leathernecks -14

AZGrizFan
August 29th, 2007, 11:20 AM
Is this the team you believe would have won the Big Sky?

http://streamingmedia.montanagrizzlies.com/umgriz/2006_2007/Football/Multimedia/vs_Southern_/um-siu-2006.wmv

No disrespect to Southern Illinois.

That team would have had at a minimum 3 BSC losses (Griz, MSU, PSU) and possibly 4.

bisonmike
August 29th, 2007, 11:24 AM
Jacks bring an experienced offense and defense to WIU. Ryan Berry, who started 5 games in 2005 will again lead the Jacks. Punishing runners, outstanding FG kicker, and experienced defense should make this a solid win for the Bunnies.

I'm not seeing or reading where WIU is substantially different from last year's team.

A good first test of the pre-season 20th ranking of the Jacks.

Prediction:

Jacks 27
Leathernecks -14

what happened in 2006? Was berry injured or riding the pine?

jessesd
August 29th, 2007, 11:25 AM
Me-likey the bunny-rabbits to win this one!!!

21-20 Jacks, with a last second failed attempt for a 2 points conversion from WIU!!1

JackTwice
August 29th, 2007, 12:00 PM

I think Berry suffered from a serious case of Kardoes not being denied.

He did see some action in the first game but once Kardoes caught fire there wasn't another QB that was getting a snap unless he was near dead.

Ryan has the respect and trust of his teammates. The Jacks won't be as athletic at QB but they'll be in good hands.

MPLSGRIZZLY
August 29th, 2007, 12:19 PM
That team would have had at a minimum 3 BSC losses (Griz, MSU, PSU) and possibly 4.

Yeah that SIU offense that racked up 7 first downs and 129 total yards sure would have rolled through the Big Sky.

No_Skill
August 29th, 2007, 12:27 PM
Percentages are the way to go, baby!

That way I'm never wrong.

10% - SDSU blows out WIU
60% - SDSU wins a close one
35% - WIU wins a close one
5% - WIU blows out SDSU

Go Bison
August 29th, 2007, 12:38 PM
I think the Jacks win by 10 points. 24-14.

crunifan
August 29th, 2007, 12:48 PM
I'm gonna be honest, I expect SDSU to win pretty big and pretty easy. I think the Jacks will be better than people are anticipating. I for one am nervous about playing them in Brookings.

Bison77
August 29th, 2007, 01:24 PM
I'm gonna be honest, I expect SDSU to win pretty big and pretty easy. I think the Jacks will be better than people are anticipating. I for one am nervous about playing them in Brookings.

You should be - if ever the Jacks will bring their "A" game it will be in Brookings. Not a great away team yet. xthumbsupx

RabidRabbit
August 29th, 2007, 08:58 PM
You should be - if ever the Jacks will bring their "A" game it will be in Brookings. Not a great away team yet. xthumbsupx

Yes, since moving up to FCS (I-AA) Jacks have won at Southern U. (played in the SWAC championship that year), won at Nichols St. and McNeese (McNeese SLC champ that year). Won against Cal Poly on their homecoming. xwhistlex

Of course, blow-outs at Ga Southern, Tx St., UC-Davis don't help Rabbits pride.:p

And just because Bison have had hasenfeffer in Fargo since 1962 xbawlingx xbawlingx

We can win on the road, but like most teams, do much better at home. xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

slostang
August 29th, 2007, 09:50 PM
Percentages are the way to go, baby!

That way I'm never wrong.

10% - SDSU blows out WIU
60% - SDSU wins a close one
35% - WIU wins a close one
5% - WIU blows out SDSU

That is 110%.xsmiley_wix

89rabbit
August 29th, 2007, 09:54 PM
SDSU got off to a really slow start last year and have a MUCH tougher start this year: @WIU, @YSU, UNI. Any Jack fans shed some light on what happened at the start of last year?

Last year's season opener was played on a super sloppy football field as it rained and rained and the team came out flat. Then the Jacks went on the road and played Montana and UNI. We have had a history of getting out of the blocks a little slow so I am a little worried about this one, though I think the Jackrabbits will win.

89rabbit
August 29th, 2007, 09:56 PM
This was a tough one for me. I took WIU at -2 1/2. Overall I think SDSU is better but its @ WIU and I don't think SDSU's defense matches up well against WIU RB Donaldson. WIU is going to run the ball a lot and I'm not sure SDSU will stop them.

WIU 31
SDSU 28

SDSU's defensive strength will be stopping the run. I am more worried about teams that can throw the ball well.

89rabbit
August 29th, 2007, 09:59 PM
Question for you SDSU guys will the game be broadcast via the internet like your home games?

BTW I pick SDSU to win this game xsmiley_wix

Yes video is available:

http://www.gojacks.com/liveEvents/liveEvents.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=15000

89rabbit
August 29th, 2007, 10:02 PM

Berry was a RS Freshmen back up in 2005 (threw 5 TDs against Georgia Southern to tie a school record for a single game) in 2006 Kardoes (our starter) was back.

Sorry about all the post, I have been out of town all week and just got back. xthumbsupx

WIUFan
August 29th, 2007, 11:04 PM
WIU is returning practically their whole defense, and have had three years under their current defensive co-ordinator. The defense wasn't really that bad last year, most of the games they lost were highly competitive down to the fourth quarter, and I think this year the defensive improvements will push them over the top. Yeah, WIU lost a lot of their offense, but they still have Donaldson, which is really the whole offense. Their new quarterback (whomever that may be) may provide a spark. WIU has really only been down for the past three years, which is quite a while for a perenially good team. I'm thinking things will turn up this year. Plus half the stadium is new.

WIU 35 - SDSU 10

Cap'n Cat
August 30th, 2007, 12:09 AM
WIU is returning practically their whole defense, and have had three years under their current defensive co-ordinator. The defense wasn't really that bad last year, most of the games they lost were highly competitive down to the fourth quarter, and I think this year the defensive improvements will push them over the top. Yeah, WIU lost a lot of their offense, but they still have Donaldson, which is really the whole offense. Their new quarterback (whomever that may be) may provide a spark. WIU has really only been down for the past three years, which is quite a while for a perenially good team. I'm thinking things will turn up this year. Plus half the stadium is new.

WIU 35 - SDSU 10

Fan,
Things getting hot under Patterson's seat in Macomb?

SeattleGriz
August 30th, 2007, 01:03 AM

We're still waiting for a reply...punk!

travelinman67
August 30th, 2007, 01:27 AM
Fan,
Things getting hot under Patterson's seat in Macomb?

Tellin ya Cap, this is too spooky. We both smoked this guy out. Anyone wearing a plastic smile in Macomb 24/7and sells that "stadium" (xconfusedx) as "The Best in the Gateway" creeps me out. Coaching is precarious (self perception exceeds actual skillset), recruiting is weak, I agree with your "downward" trend assessment. He's been peddling them (the Gateway) as the next IA, but that AIN'T NEVER HAPPENING, MUCH LESS IN MACOMB.

Can't say anymore without moving to Smack.

89rabbit
August 30th, 2007, 07:01 AM
http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070830/SPORTS0202/708300341/1002/SPORTS

SDSU starts against future Gateway foe

http://cmsimg.argusleader.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=DF&Date=20070830&Category=SPORTS0202&ArtNo=708300341&Ref=AR&Profile=1002&MaxW=290
Cory Koenig and the Jacks open their season today against Western Illinois.
(Photo by Argus Leader file photo)

By Terry Vandrovec
[email protected]
Published: August 30, 2007

BURLINGTON, Iowa - There may come a time when South Dakota State coach John Stiegelmeier will use last year's season-opening home loss against NCAA Division III Wisconsin-LaCrosse as a motivational tool.

But Wednesday was not it.

Rather, he dwelled on his team's road record since moving to the NCAA Division I Football Championship Subdivision - just 6-11. These are the details that separate the good programs from the great ones, and that's what SDSU aspires to be now that it is fully funded, in its final year of reclassification and ranked (20th) in the preseason for the first time.

In that regard, there's no better place for the Jackrabbits to be for a season opener than Macomb, Ill. Not only is Western Illinois a member of the Gateway Football Conference, which welcomes SDSU into the fold in 2008, it has won 30 consecutive non-conference, regular-season games at Hanson Field. . . . (read more)

ncbears
August 30th, 2007, 03:51 PM
Is the game 5pm Mountain time???

89rabbit
August 30th, 2007, 05:02 PM
Is the game 5pm Mountain time???

Yup.

NoCoDanny
August 30th, 2007, 05:03 PM
SD State wins 23-20

89rabbit
August 30th, 2007, 05:57 PM
Kick off is just mins. away!!! xthumbsupx

AggieFinn
August 30th, 2007, 06:14 PM
keep this sucker updated...anybody got a Gametrack link? No audio/video here, until I get home from work.

89rabbit
August 30th, 2007, 06:16 PM
Berry throws an INT and WIU is driving. xnonono2x

AggieFinn
August 30th, 2007, 06:18 PM
crappo.

89rabbit
August 30th, 2007, 06:18 PM
WIU drives to the 8 yrd line but drive stalls, then they missed the FG

SDSU 0 - WIU 0

FCSFAN
August 30th, 2007, 06:20 PM
audio= https://www.wiu.com/live/wjeq.asx
no gametracker I guess

Go Bison
August 30th, 2007, 06:20 PM
WIU drives to the 8 yrd line but drive stalls, then they missed the FG

SDSU 0 - WIU 0

SDSU dodged one there. Let's see if Berry can put a drive together.

FCSFAN
August 30th, 2007, 06:22 PM
that audio is going in and out

89rabbit
August 30th, 2007, 06:24 PM
Jackrabbits on the move!

ncbears
August 30th, 2007, 06:30 PM

yeah mine too.

89rabbit
August 30th, 2007, 06:31 PM
After 1 Qtr.

SDSU 0 - WIU 0

89rabbit
August 30th, 2007, 06:34 PM
Another turnover by the Jacks, this time WIU returns it to the 10. xbangx

AggieFinn
August 30th, 2007, 06:35 PM
crappo part deux.

89rabbit
August 30th, 2007, 06:36 PM
TD WIU

89rabbit
August 30th, 2007, 06:36 PM
PAT good

WIU 7 - SDSU 0

Go Bison
August 30th, 2007, 06:39 PM

Yeah, mine is doing that too. Very disappointing.

89rabbit
August 30th, 2007, 06:53 PM
SDSU FG

WIU 7 - SDSU 3

89rabbit
August 30th, 2007, 07:09 PM
SDSU FG

WIU 7 - SDSU 6

89rabbit
August 30th, 2007, 07:18 PM
Halftime

SDSU has dominated (except for the Turnovers), I feel pretty good.

FCSFAN
August 30th, 2007, 07:37 PM
Halftime

SDSU has dominated (except for the Turnovers), I feel pretty good.Um, SDSU is losing

NDSUFREAK
August 30th, 2007, 07:38 PM
Um, SDSU is losing

doesn't mean you can't dominate the field.

89rabbit
August 30th, 2007, 07:42 PM
First Downs -- SDSU 13 - WIU 4
Total Yrds -- SDSU 151 - WIU 99
Time of Poss. -- SDSU 18:18 - WIU 11:42
Turnovers lost -- SDSU 2 - WIU 0

P.S. WIU's stud runningback -- Donelson 9 carries 26 yards

Mountain Panther
August 30th, 2007, 07:47 PM
BARNBURNER ALERT

Sounds like a great game so far.

NDSUFREAK
August 30th, 2007, 08:00 PM
First Downs -- SDSU 13 - WIU 4
Total Yrds -- SDSU 151 - WIU 99
Time of Poss. -- SDSU 18:18 - WIU 11:42
Turnovers lost -- SDSU 2 - WIU 0

P.S. WIU's stud runningback -- Donelson 9 carries 26 yards

my point proven

89rabbit
August 30th, 2007, 08:16 PM
After 3 Qtrs

WIU 7 - SDSU 6

89rabbit
August 30th, 2007, 08:25 PM
WIU FG

WIU 10 - SDSU 6

89rabbit
August 30th, 2007, 08:39 PM
Western is playing really well this half and our QB can't hit anyone. Doesn't look good for my Rabbits.

89rabbit
August 30th, 2007, 08:42 PM
WIU FG

WIU 13 - SDSU 6

3:27 left to play

89rabbit
August 30th, 2007, 08:54 PM
TD SDSU

SDSU 13 - WIU 13

38 seconds left to play

89rabbit
August 30th, 2007, 09:03 PM
Going to OT.

FCSFAN
August 30th, 2007, 09:04 PM
is there an audio link besides WIU?

NDSUFREAK
August 30th, 2007, 09:05 PM
OHHH MANNN SHIIIIITT!!!

Go Bison
August 30th, 2007, 09:07 PM
OHHH MANNN SHIIIIITT!!!

??????

X-Factor
August 30th, 2007, 09:08 PM
I was thinking that too. SDSU is glad this game is going to OT!

X-Factor
August 30th, 2007, 09:12 PM
I can't get the audio to work! help

89rabbit
August 30th, 2007, 09:13 PM
SDSU FG

SDSU 16 - WIU 13

1st OT

89rabbit
August 30th, 2007, 09:16 PM
WIU FG

SDSU 16 - WIU 16

Going to 2nd OT

X-Factor
August 30th, 2007, 09:18 PM
intense...

89rabbit
August 30th, 2007, 09:20 PM
TD WIU

WIU 23 - SDSU 16

2nd OT

ncbears
August 30th, 2007, 09:21 PM
wish the audio would work!!!

X-Factor
August 30th, 2007, 09:22 PM
wish the audio would work!!!

++

mine says windows media player is causing problems. wtf

X-Factor
August 30th, 2007, 09:23 PM
no way, 4th down SDSU TD!

BisonBabe
August 30th, 2007, 09:23 PM
Touchdown Jacks

BisonBabe
August 30th, 2007, 09:24 PM
3rd OT

89rabbit
August 30th, 2007, 09:24 PM
SDSU 23 - WIU 23

Going to OT number 3

X-Factor
August 30th, 2007, 09:26 PM
What is it with SDSU and close games? It seems like they have 5 or 6 every year within a point or two and usually win!

Jacks02
August 30th, 2007, 09:35 PM
Leathernecks made a FG to send it to the 4th overtime.

26-26

Mountain Panther
August 30th, 2007, 09:36 PM
Leathernecks made a FG to send it to the 4th overtime.

26-26

Good golly...is that a record in Macomb?

Reed Rothchild
August 30th, 2007, 09:37 PM
Good golly...is that a record in Macomb?

It has to be.

BobbyMo
August 30th, 2007, 09:38 PM
COME ON SDSU (used to live in SD) WIN THIS

Cap'n Cat
August 30th, 2007, 09:44 PM
Cap'n Cat's thinkin' Western, but more so, Illinois State, thought they could mail these first games in!!!

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Jacks02
August 30th, 2007, 09:45 PM
SDSU QB Ryan Berry throws a pick on 3rd and long to end the game.

Leathernecks win 29-26 in FOUR overtimes.

Man this is a tough loss.

Congrats Leatherneck fans.

Mountain Panther
August 30th, 2007, 09:47 PM
What a game. I like both teams, but I'm happy for WIU cuz they're in the Gateway and SDSU isn't (for now).

Cap'n Cat
August 30th, 2007, 09:49 PM
Aw, crap................

xsmhx xsmhx :p :p

89rabbit
August 30th, 2007, 09:51 PM
WIU's Freshmen QB was outstanding, our Jr. QB stunk (3 INTs). xnonono2x

Reed Rothchild
August 30th, 2007, 10:03 PM
UNI has some TOUGH games coming up at Drake and SDSU

HI54UNI
August 30th, 2007, 10:05 PM
Congrats to WIU

Mountain Panther
August 30th, 2007, 10:08 PM
UNI has some TOUGH games coming up at Drake and SDSU

And an Iowa State team that just lost to Kent State...so they will be PISSED.

JackTwice
August 30th, 2007, 10:23 PM
WIU's defense was tough our Offense was spotty. Definitely the difference in the game. Congrats to WIU. There is going to be some fun in the Gateway next year!

leatherneck177
August 30th, 2007, 10:32 PM
Great game, SDSU did dominate the first half. The Jacks O and D Lines were too much for us to move. We really had to reach deep into our offense to move the ball.

I like what I saw from our Redshirt-Freshmen QB Barr. He is very mobile and reminds me of a young Eric Sanders from UNI.

Not sure how it ended because my audio and video cut out in the 2nd OT. But I'm glad we got the W.

Good luck Jacks, you are a welcome addition to the Gateway and will be a force year in and year out in the conference.

RabidRabbit
August 31st, 2007, 08:33 AM
Great game, SDSU did dominate the first half. The Jacks O and D Lines were too much for us to move. We really had to reach deep into our offense to move the ball.

I like what I saw from our Redshirt-Freshmen QB Barr. He is very mobile and reminds me of a young Eric Sanders from UNI.

Not sure how it ended because my audio and video cut out in the 2nd OT. But I'm glad we got the W.

Good luck Jacks, you are a welcome addition to the Gateway and will be a force year in and year out in the conference.

Yes, a 4OT game to initiate the season. Bit sad that somebody had to take an L from such a game. xbawlingx

Western IL R-FR QB Barr will be a major force over the next 3-4 years, barring injury.

Congrats to the Leathernecks. With their game against the Rabbits, and IL St vs Drake results in, I'd say that the Leathernecks will be contending well for the Gateway title this year.

Great game between two even programs. Glad to be conference mate to the Leathernecks in both the Gateway, and Summit Leagues. xthumbsupx

skinny_uncle
August 31st, 2007, 09:04 AM
A quadruple OT game to start the season.
Wow!

poharry
August 31st, 2007, 09:06 AM
It doesn't get any better, A WIU win and a Redbird LOSS!!!!!

PantherRob82
August 31st, 2007, 09:24 AM
4 OT's. What a tiring way to start the season. Hope they have cupcakes next week.

RabidRabbit
August 31st, 2007, 09:34 AM
4 OT's. What a tiring way to start the season. Hope they have cupcakes next week.

Out of the Frying Pan, into the IceHouse (YSU) for the Rabbits.

Western goes to U. of ILL.

poharry
August 31st, 2007, 09:52 AM
Necks go for the payday. If it was about 6 yrs ago I would expect the necks to give U of I a game, but not this year.

PIRATETIZED1
August 31st, 2007, 12:23 PM
CONGRATS to WIU.... xbowx

PIRATETIZED xcoolx
------------------------------------------------------
HAMPTON UNIVERSITY - “…Of Service To God and Our Nation…”