PDA

View Full Version : Tailgating - Does Your School Charge Student Orgs?

TexasTerror
August 28th, 2007, 07:50 AM
Just curious if your school charges student organizations to set up tailgating parties in the lots surrounding your stadium.

SHSU just recently did this (just saw the memo this morning) and I do not think our pre-game atmosphere has grown to the point where this is needed. They point to increased enrollment and traffic in our tailgating area, Bearkat Alley.

I have not seen a dramatic change in attendance at Bearkat games over the last few years and if anything, I think the pre-game experience at SHSU games has plenty of room to grow. This may be detrimental to the growth.

So, any insight?

KatFans.com discussion:
http://www.katfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=50151

TheRiver
August 28th, 2007, 09:58 AM
Well, I tell you this right now kids will not pay it, unless there is a big tailgate seen already, and SHSU Tailgate, is very low key.

They need to wait for the demand to go up before the charge, just sounds like bad business.

TexasTerror
August 28th, 2007, 10:35 AM
Well, I tell you this right now kids will not pay it, unless there is a big tailgate seen already, and SHSU Tailgate, is very low key.

They need to wait for the demand to go up before the charge, just sounds like bad business.

Agreed...

There's the few organizations that are out there weekly and really have committed to the tailgates over the years, but the demand is not there...

AZGrizFan
August 28th, 2007, 11:26 AM
I don't know if UM charges, but I just bought 6 parking spots inside the NAU tailgate area (on the MONTANA side), and they charged me $180. xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx --- $60 for every 2 spots. WAFJ. Guess I'll have to make my party of 45 pony up.... xnodx xnodx xnodx

MarkCCU
August 28th, 2007, 11:36 AM
You can pay to park in certain lots but CCU doesn't charge.

McTailGator
August 28th, 2007, 12:30 PM
Just curious if your school charges student organizations to set up tailgating parties in the lots surrounding your stadium.

SHSU just recently did this (just saw the memo this morning) and I do not think our pre-game atmosphere has grown to the point where this is needed. They point to increased enrollment and traffic in our tailgating area, Bearkat Alley.

I have not seen a dramatic change in attendance at Bearkat games over the last few years and if anything, I think the pre-game experience at SHSU games has plenty of room to grow. This may be detrimental to the growth.

So, any insight?

KatFans.com discussion:
http://www.katfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=50151

McNeese does not charge student orgs.

But Student orgs have struggled to get students to attend their planned events. Students tend to favor attending private parties, of their friends and relatives who pay for private spots at Mcneese instead.

Ivytalk
August 28th, 2007, 12:35 PM
Villanova pays its priests $25 per pedestrian!:D

citdog
August 28th, 2007, 01:07 PM
make the students march over to the stadium together

Go...gate
August 28th, 2007, 01:10 PM
I don't believe Colgate does. I think Princeton requests that certain areas near its stadium be reserved in advance, but the parking lots are pretty much open season. In either case, an early arrival is mandatory.

Blueandwhitefightfight
August 28th, 2007, 01:23 PM
Hell no! Charging students to TAILGATE??? What is that? At Southern, it's free to tailgate with all the other students in our own student tailgating lot and also free to get in the games.

That is just wrong to charge STUDENTS to tailgate!