PDA

View Full Version : Top team in the Nation Game

65 Pard
August 27th, 2007, 08:40 AM
When I was an undergrad a LONG time ago, our College Newspaper justified a poor Lafayette team as no 1 in the country by virtue of a win against Temple, who had beaten a team that had beaten a top 25 team which in turn had beaten a higher ranked team, who had in turn beaten the no. 1 Team. I think there were 6 or 7 games in the chain....

So have at it, What team will you beat and in turn what team will they then beat etc. to make your squad best in nation, including BCS teams. Your no 1 ranking could occur at any week of your choice during the season.

Get the schedules out and have fun.

Carney, I challenge you to justify a Lafayette ranking above USC, Michigan etc....by virtue of one win....I'm guessing that win is over an Ivy team.....

BlueHen86
August 27th, 2007, 08:51 AM
I'll give it a try...

Delaware def. Navy
Navy def. Notre Dame (it has to happen someday...doesn't it?)
Notre Dame def. #1 USC

terrierbob
August 27th, 2007, 09:09 AM
ASU beats Michigan, Lenoir Rhyne defeats ASU, Tusculum beats LR, Tusculum's #1 in Div. II, FCS, and BCS.

carney2
August 27th, 2007, 09:13 AM
Carney, I challenge you to justify a Lafayette ranking above USC, Michigan etc....by virtue of one win....I'm guessing that win is over an Ivy team.....

As of today, I would be satisfied with a ranking above Colgate, Holy Cross and Lehigh. From that number 1 team in the 60s to this. How the mighty have fallen.

Oh yeah, if we are depending on a win over an Ivy team to make this happen, then . . . well, think about it.

th0m
August 27th, 2007, 09:59 AM
JMU beats UNC
who beats VT
who beats LSU (#2 right now, close enough ;))

Or replace UNC with W&M ;)

I remember a string a while back (think it was '04) where we defeated Maine who beat Miss. State who beat Florida.

65 Pard
August 27th, 2007, 10:22 AM
As of today, I would be satisfied with a ranking above Colgate, Holy Cross and Lehigh. From that number 1 team in the 60s to this. How the mighty have fallen.

Oh yeah, if we are depending on a win over an Ivy team to make this happen, then . . . well, think about it.

Do I detect a note of pessimism here???

McNeese_beat
August 27th, 2007, 11:07 AM
When I was an undergrad a LONG time ago, our College Newspaper justified a poor Lafayette team as no 1 in the country by virtue of a win against Temple, who had beaten a team that had beaten a top 25 team which in turn had beaten a higher ranked team, who had in turn beaten the no. 1 Team. I think there were 6 or 7 games in the chain....

So have at it, What team will you beat and in turn what team will they then beat etc. to make your squad best in nation, including BCS teams. Your no 1 ranking could occur at any week of your choice during the season.

Get the schedules out and have fun.

McNeese beats Louisiana-Lafayette, which likes to call itself "Louisiana" which is the team Adam Sandler's team beats in the "Waterboy." Sandler went to high school in New Hampshire, whose college team last year beat Villanova, which is in the suburbs of Philadelphia, home of Kevin Bacon, who is married to Kyra Sedgwick, who once appeared in the movie "Singles" with Bridget Fonda, whose father Peter Fonda was in "Easy Rider" with Jack Nicholson, who many times sat courtside to watch the Lakers teams that included Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, who went to UCLA, which beat USC, which is the No. 1 team in college football this year.

That makes McNeese No. 1
:) xnodx :D xrolleyesx :p xsmiley_wix

89Hen
August 27th, 2007, 11:34 AM
Delaware over Northeastern over NWSt over UCA over LaTech over Cal over USC. Rather simple. :p

ursus arctos horribilis
August 27th, 2007, 12:33 PM
Montana would have beat USC straight up but they wouldn't come to Missoula without us going there first due to some home and home controversy. Sorry to the rest of my Grizzly compatriots but this would have come up eventually as it does in every other thread on the board. I just wanted to beat them to the punch.

poly51
August 27th, 2007, 01:39 PM
For Cal Poly this is easy. Idaho beats USC this coming Saturday and Cal Poly beats Idaho the following Saturday. Cal Poly should then be number 1.

PSUVikings
August 27th, 2007, 02:20 PM
UNC beat
Texas State who beat
Sam Houston State who beat
Missouri State who beat
Western Illinois who beat
Northern Iowa who beat
South Dakota State who beat
UC-Davis who beat
Sacramento State who beat
Eastern Washington who beat
Montana State who beat
Colorado who beat
Iowa State who beat
Missouri who beat
Mississippi who beat
Vanderbilt who beat
Georgia who beat
Auburn who beat
Florida

Beat that lol

AggieFinn
August 27th, 2007, 02:21 PM
San Jose State defeats Stanfurd, UC Davis defeats San Jose State, Stanfurd goes on to defeat U$C. xlolx xlolx xlolx That's fun to say that, Stanfurd beats U$C.

http://msnbcmedia2.msn.com/j/ap/asiacats12101020216.widec.jpg

AZGrizFan
August 27th, 2007, 02:25 PM
Easy:

Montana beats NAU, who had earlier beaten U of A, who whipped up on USC. xthumbsupx

rmutv
August 27th, 2007, 06:23 PM
Robert Morris beats Albany, Albany beats Montana, Montana beats Northern Arizona, Northern Arizona beats Appalachian State, App. State beats Michigan, Michigan beats Notre Dame, Notre Dame beats #1 USC.

Or, the shorter route...RMU beats Albany, Albany beats Montana, Northern Arizona beats Arizona, Arizona beats #1 USC.

Mountain Panther
August 27th, 2007, 06:39 PM
Hey, it COULD happen!

UNI beats Iowa State, Iowa State beats Nebraska....the same Nebraska team that beat USC two weeks earlier.

JALMOND
August 27th, 2007, 08:56 PM
This is fun. I think I got it...

November 3--Portland State beats Montana, which before beat
Southern Utah, which that week beat
Cal Poly, which before beat
Idaho, which before beat
Fresno State, which before beat
Oregon, which the week before beat
#1 Southern Cal.

11-3-07---Portland State Vikings #1 in all of Division I.

EmeryZach
August 27th, 2007, 09:46 PM
UMass beats Boston College, Boston College beats Notre Dame, Notre Dame beats #1 USC. Easy.

AlphaSigMD
August 27th, 2007, 09:46 PM
McNeese beats Louisiana-Lafayette, which likes to call itself "Louisiana" which is the team Adam Sandler's team beats in the "Waterboy." Sandler went to high school in New Hampshire, whose college team last year beat Villanova, which is in the suburbs of Philadelphia, home of Kevin Bacon, who is married to Kyra Sedgwick, who once appeared in the movie "Singles" with Bridget Fonda, whose father Peter Fonda was in "Easy Rider" with Jack Nicholson, who many times sat courtside to watch the Lakers teams that included Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, who went to UCLA, which beat USC, which is the No. 1 team in college football this year.

That makes McNeese No. 1

I'll have to hand it to you for that one...thats a pretty good degree of separation.

Leopard's Claw
August 27th, 2007, 09:52 PM

That makes McNeese No. 1
sandler went to HS in Manahasset, NY.....stole my girlfriend (kinda tells ya my status at 16), that POS......yet he still makes me laugh...so if he went to school in NYS, that means Albany can represent, who beat Delaware, who beat 'Nova...so does Albany now reign supreme?

McNeese_beat
August 27th, 2007, 10:22 PM
sandler went to HS in Manahasset, NY.....stole my girlfriend (kinda tells ya my status at 16), that POS......yet he still makes me laugh...so if he went to school in NYS, that means Albany can represent, who beat Delaware, who beat 'Nova...so does Albany now reign supreme?

His Wiki entry said he went to high school in Manchester, N.H. Damn wikipedia for screwing up my story...

jmualex24
August 28th, 2007, 07:00 AM
Ok...I think I got this.....

JMU beats Richmond
Richmond beats Vanderbilt
Vanderbilt beats Tennessee
Tennessee beats Cal
Cal beats USC
I watch JMU in BCS championship with Jessica Alba

yorkcountyUNHfan
August 28th, 2007, 08:32 AM

Sandler did go to school at Manchester NH, Central High.

He may have spent some time at Manahasset also...

UNH didn't play Vilianova last year so McNeese_beat's story is still screwed up....Also the most entertaining to read.xthumbsupx

McNeese_beat
August 28th, 2007, 10:06 AM
Sandler did go to school at Manchester NH, Central High.

He may have spent some time at Manahasset also...

UNH didn't play Vilianova last year so McNeese_beat's story is still screwed up....Also the most entertaining to read.xthumbsupx

Yeah, but the 2002 game carries over...

dbackjon
August 28th, 2007, 10:19 AM
Easy:

Montana beats NAU, who had earlier beaten U of A, who whipped up on USC. xthumbsupx

Robert Morris beats Albany, Albany beats Montana, Montana beats Northern Arizona, Northern Arizona beats Appalachian State, App. State beats Michigan, Michigan beats Notre Dame, Notre Dame beats #1 USC.

Or, the shorter route...RMU beats Albany, Albany beats Montana, Northern Arizona beats Arizona, Arizona beats #1 USC.

Only one problem with these - NAU will beat Montana, go 15-0, be the BCS and FCS champs!!! xthumbsupx

catatac
August 28th, 2007, 04:40 PM
Last year, it went something like this:

Montana State beat Colorado who beat Iowa State who beat Missouri who beat Mississippi who beat Vanderbilt who beat Georgia who beat Auburn who beat Florida.

This year will be much quicker as MSU will beat Texas A&M, Texas A&M will beat Texas, who will later be crowned champions. xlolx

brownbear
August 30th, 2007, 02:31 PM
Last year, Brown did this:

Brown beat Cornell
Cornell beat Albany
Albany beat Lehigh
Lehigh beat Villanova
Villanova beat James Madison
James Madison beat New Hampshire
New Hampshire beat Northwestern
Northwestern beat Iowa
Iowa beat Iowa State
Iowa State beat Missouri
Missouri beat Vanderbilt
Vanderbilt beat Georgia
Georgia beat Auburn
Auburn beat Florida

Who knows how it could happen this year. This is probably the shortest possible way:

Brown beats Rhode Island
Rhode Island beats James Madison
James Madison beats UNC
UNC beats South Carolina
South Carolina beats Tennessee
Tennessee beats Cal
Cal beats USC

colorless raider
August 30th, 2007, 04:59 PM

Brown beat Cornell
Cornell beat Albany
Albany beat Lehigh
Lehigh beat Villanova
Northwestern beat Iowa
Iowa beat Iowa State
Iowa State beat Missouri
Missouri beat Vanderbilt
Vanderbilt beat Georgia
Georgia beat Auburn
Auburn beat Florida

Who knows how it could happen this year. This is probably the shortest possible way:

Brown beats Rhode Island
James Madison beats UNC
UNC beats South Carolina
Tennessee beats Cal
Cal beats USC

Excellent job Brownie!;)

th0m
August 30th, 2007, 05:08 PM
Brown beats Rhode Island
James Madison beats UNC
UNC beats South Carolina
Tennessee beats Cal
Cal beats USC

I damn near choked my drink there...but hey at least we beat UNC :D

813Jag
August 30th, 2007, 05:36 PM
Not in order but here goes: Southern beats Grambling who beats ULM who beats Alabama who beats Georgia who beats Oklahoma St. who beats Nebraska who beats USC.

yorkcountyUNHfan
August 30th, 2007, 07:42 PM

Brown beat Cornell
Cornell beat Albany
Albany beat Lehigh
Lehigh beat Villanova
Northwestern beat Iowa
Iowa beat Iowa State
Iowa State beat Missouri
Missouri beat Vanderbilt
Vanderbilt beat Georgia
Georgia beat Auburn
Auburn beat Florida

Brown beats Rhode Island
James Madison beats UNC
UNC beats South Carolina
Tennessee beats Cal
Cal beats USC

Ok for 2006 I'm starting mine about half way thru brownbear's but pretend I did all the work.

GSUhooligan
August 30th, 2007, 08:53 PM
I can name that tune in 3 notes....

Georgia Southern beats Colorado State
Colorado State beats California
California beats USC