PDA

View Full Version : Texas State player arrested, kicked off team

patssle
August 26th, 2007, 12:52 PM
http://www.sanmarcosrecord.com/sports/local_story_237193351.html

According to police records from Aug. 20, Alex Lorenzo Darley, 19, was arrested at 641 E. Hopkins Street for shoplifting $473.80 worth of merchandise after trying to exit the entrance to the store with a full cart.

Props to Coach Wright for taking swift action and doing what was right.

slycat
August 26th, 2007, 12:54 PM
what a fool. and to think he was going to be a great WR. threw it all away when he gets free meals on campus. looks like we are copying UT when it comes to players getting arrested.

i bet shsu picks him up. as long as he says hes changed his ways the bearkats dont have a problem picking up players who get in trouble with the law.;)

McNeese75
August 26th, 2007, 02:15 PM
i bet shsu picks him up. as long as he says hes changed his ways the bearkats dont have a problem picking up players who get in trouble with the law.;)

oh Snap!!!xlolx

walliver
August 26th, 2007, 02:20 PM
Thinking he was able to go to any store and get anything he wanted for free ... did this guy think he was going to Texas A&M (or FSU)?

patssle
August 26th, 2007, 02:24 PM
Our transfer didn't break the law, he broke NCAA rules. Theres a difference.

Lionsrking
August 26th, 2007, 03:33 PM
Our transfer didn't break the law, he broke NCAA rules. Theres a difference.

Technically there's a difference but both incidences show lack of a moral compass and desire to gain the system. But I guess both rules and laws are made to be broken.

Casey_Orourke
August 26th, 2007, 03:41 PM
what a fool. and to think he was going to be a great WR. threw it all away when he gets free meals on campus. looks like we are copying UT when it comes to players getting arrested.

Maybe he will get picked up by Montana or Montana Statexnodx xlolx

Sorry...but I couldn't resist that dig

patssle
August 26th, 2007, 04:11 PM
Technically there's a difference but both incidences show lack of a moral compass and desire to gain the system. But I guess both rules and laws are made to be broken.

That's why they create punishments. Bomar had to sit out a year and pay all the money back. The Texas State kid did worse, so his punishment should be more severe.

AZGrizFan
August 26th, 2007, 04:14 PM

Of course you couldn't. What took you so long? xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

Casey_Orourke
August 26th, 2007, 04:41 PM
Of course you couldn't. What took you so long? xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

Actually I was busy being a good little hubby by helping the wife around the house and fixing supper to surprise her when she came home from work.

Lionsrking
August 26th, 2007, 07:00 PM
That's why they create punishments. Bomar had to sit out a year and pay all the money back. The Texas State kid did worse, so his punishment should be more severe.

Okay, so Darley's a thief and Bomar's a cheat. Both are traits of a low-life.

patssle
August 26th, 2007, 07:06 PM
Okay, so Darley's a thief and Bomar's a cheat. Both are traits of a low-life.

I hope you never have a kid who does something wrong or makes a mistake. He'll also be a low-life in your view.

Lionsrking
August 26th, 2007, 08:32 PM
I hope you never have a kid who does something wrong or makes a mistake. He'll also be a low-life in your view.

Stealing and cheating are not simply mistakes.

I Bleed Purple
August 26th, 2007, 09:03 PM
Mussstttt resist Necessary Roughness joke........

Mort
August 26th, 2007, 09:36 PM

Duly noted. Portland State - right?

NSUDemon98
August 26th, 2007, 09:50 PM

But it's o.k., right?

I sure don't hope he goes down with a ACL...xrolleyesx

Casey_Orourke
August 26th, 2007, 10:23 PM
Duly noted. Portland State - right?

And your point is??????