PDA

View Full Version : Tennessee Tech @ Eastern Illinois

Panthers_Blue
August 26th, 2007, 08:27 AM
Tennessee Tech @ Eastern Illinois
Aug 30th 6:00pm O'Brien Stadium
TV: CSTV (live)
Radio: Hit Mix 88.9FM

Eastern Illinois will entertain the Golden Eagles for an early season OVC Conference match up. Last year in Cookeville EIU quarterback Cole Stinson threw for 275 yards and three touchdowns to help Eastern Illinois beat Tennessee Tech 38-14. Stinson completed 19 of 38 passes, including scoring tosses of 4, 27 and 28 yards. EIU's defense also forced two fumbles and picked off quarterback Lee Sweeney two times. Thursday game will be a tough one to start with for both teams, Stinson has to remain consistent and make smart passes. This would be a good early season win for both teams. This game should be a good match up.

My Prediction---------

EIU 34
TTU 10

Golden Eagle
August 26th, 2007, 09:45 AM
Hmm. EIU 27, TTU 17 I say.

Cocky
August 26th, 2007, 11:09 AM
42-20 EIU

dpd
August 26th, 2007, 11:18 AM
i'll try EIU 30, TTU 14

Panthers_Blue
August 26th, 2007, 06:22 PM
There should be a very good atmosphere around Chuck Town Thursday. There is this buzz around the team this year. Here's the best of luck to both teams!

Zoo
August 26th, 2007, 09:52 PM
I'm going to catch this game! <Marks down in the calender>

Panthers_Blue
August 27th, 2007, 11:54 AM
Bump

EKU05
August 27th, 2007, 04:06 PM
The smart money is on EIU, but after the house of horrors the Colonels walked into against TTU in the second half last year I definitely have to give the Golden Eagles more than a shot at this one.

youwouldno
August 27th, 2007, 04:10 PM
I took TTU +16. EIU should win but not in a blowout.

Panthers_Blue
August 28th, 2007, 07:56 AM
I'm going to take my first prediction back and say EIU in a blow out........

The Panthers "D" is looking very very good, and I just don't see TTU moving the ball very much....

OSRacer
August 28th, 2007, 08:37 AM
I take EIU 27-13 in a good hard hitting game.... I am interested to see how Watson Brown impacts Tech.

I am sold on Spoo having EIU ready to play.

Cocky
August 28th, 2007, 09:19 AM
I take EIU 27-13 in a good hard hitting game.... I am interested to see how Watson Brown impacts Tech.

I am sold on Spoo having EIU ready to play.

If Watson coaches as he has in the past, EIU may put up triple digits. He has to be one of the worse head coaches ever. Watson absolutely left the UAB program at the bottom of the earth or make that universe.

Golden Eagle
August 28th, 2007, 09:55 AM
That's funny, I could have sworn he was one of the better head coaches ever.

hawkeye
August 28th, 2007, 11:23 AM
Man, lets not beat up on Watson. UAB is a tough job for any coach. I think he will do fine at Tech. Just not against EIU.............or hopefully UT Martin.

Coach37
August 28th, 2007, 12:32 PM
I like EIU by 2 touchdowns, their secondary is young but very well coached. Offensively, if they can limit mistakes they should put a lot of points on the board.

GO EIU!

Jiggs
August 28th, 2007, 01:55 PM
Man, lets not beat up on Watson. UAB is a tough job for any coach. I think he will do fine at Tech. Just not against EIU.............or hopefully UT Martin.

Maybe there is a reason why Watson always gets the "tough" jobs.

TTUEagles
August 29th, 2007, 01:10 PM
Whether or not you think Watson Brown is a good football coach or not, that's all opinion, but one thing is - that he has brought a ton of good things to TTU. A lot of people outside the university have helped with fundraising (the lowest-funded athletic program for public universities in the state) and more money has came in than ever before. Season tickets have more than doubled. Additional plans are in place for updated facilities. Playing the "big boys" in Auburn this year, Louisville the next, rumored to be UGA in '09...
So Watson has done a ton for this university already. Who knows how he'll do with X's and O's and with recruiting?
I also find it interesting that he took a program from scratch and took them to a bowl game in around 10 years.

I think TTU's strength this year is defense and at QB...I don't think EIU will score as much as people think, but unfortuneately, I think EIU has more overall talent and will get the win, 21-13. Glad to have Coach Spoo back on the sidelines, hopefully his health issues are behind him!

Panthers_Blue
August 30th, 2007, 06:51 AM
IT'S GAME DAY!!!

TTUEagles
August 30th, 2007, 08:43 AM
GO TTU !!!
Looking for the upset to start '07 !

Panthers_Blue
August 31st, 2007, 06:29 AM
Good game for EIU. It took about a quarter for the D to get going but when they did, Sweeny did not have a chance he was preatty cuffed the rest of the night. Stinson made very good mistakes, and Rucker well "Ruck was Ruck". Catching lots and lots of deep passes. The only time they could stop the deep pass was when TTU got a pass int. It was also good to see EIU run game geting going once the pass opened up.

PantherRob82
August 31st, 2007, 09:28 AM
I watched the replay after I got home from our game. I was impressed with both teams early. I had never seen TT play.

I was glad we played the team we did last night, because they ran the no huddle spread like EIU, so if we meet up in the playoffs, we've had a look at it.

Great game by EIU.

Wasn't too impressed by either teams kicking game. A lot of kickoffs were fielded at the 20.

Coach37
August 31st, 2007, 03:52 PM
Eastern’s defense played well at time and at other times they looked like rookies, which is exactly what all four starters in the defensive backfield are. They made great strides as the as the game progressed, but will be tested even more next week when the visit Purdue. Cole Stinson played very well and Micah Rucker was outstanding, if there is a better receiver in this division of football I would love to see him play. The coaching staff did an outstanding job in making adjustments as the game wore on, going in they had no idea how Coach Watson would defend them or line-up against our offense. This will a very difficult team to beat in the OVC in the weeks to come.

TTUEagles
August 31st, 2007, 03:57 PM
I think we TTU fans might be in for a long one...Our defense looked a step slow compared to EIU. Then again, maybe EIU is better than it's # 17 ranking. It is early and there's a lot of factors to figure out to see if TTU can make some noise in FCS and the OVC. I hope the last post-er was saying he/she thinks TTU will be a tough team to beat - I need all of the positive thoughts I can get...
It is encouraging to note that 22 players last night for TTU played their first collegiate football game. It's a young team.
That being said, EIU is good. If Rucker/Stinson stay healthy, watch out.
Good to see Coach Spoo on the sidelines, too.

GO TTU.:(

Coach37
August 31st, 2007, 03:59 PM
Eastern’s defense played well at times and at other times they looked like rookies, which is exactly what all four starters in the defensive backfield are. They made great strides as the game progressed, but will be tested even more next week when the visit Purdue. Cole Stinson played very well and Micah Rucker was outstanding, if there is a better receiver in this division of College Football I would love to see him play. The coaching staff did an outstanding job in making adjustments as the game wore on, going in they had no idea how Coach Watson would defend them or line-up on offense. This will be a very difficult team to beat in the OVC in the weeks to come.

Golden Eagle
August 31st, 2007, 10:02 PM
I think we TTU fans might be in for a long one...

That's okay, we should be well used to it by now.