PDA

View Full Version : SLC Week One Predictions

TexasTerror
August 25th, 2007, 10:53 AM
Time for week one predictions for SLC contests! I'll list the games first and then list my predictions at the bottom. Each week, I'll update with my record. When SLC games begin, I'll have a special SLC games only prediction W-L record...

Angelo State @ Sam Houston St
Southeastern Louisiana @ New Mexico State
Central Arkansas @ LA Tech
Henderson State @ Northwestern St
Tarleton State @ Stephen F Austin
Cal Poly @ Texas St
Nicholls St @ Rice
Portland State @ McNeese St

------------------
Angelo State @ Sam Houston St - SHSU by 27
Defense comes to play, offense works out kinks in easy win

Southeastern Louisiana @ New Mexico State - NMSU by 17
SELA is able to score, but Mumme's team duplicates effort from last year

Central Arkansas @ LA Tech - LA Tech by 21
First FBS game for UCA, who lost a lot. LA Tech should have no problem here, but don't be surprised if UCA makes it a game.

Henderson State @ Northwestern St - NWST by 15
Demons should be able to win without a problem, but I don't see them running away with this one -- perhaps memory of Henderson vs SFA in the back of my mind.

Tarleton State @ Stephen F Austin - SFA by 7
SFA plays down to competition -- enough said. SFA will win, but I'm not predicting by much. They have matured a great deal, so they may be able to take care of business here.

Cal Poly @ Texas St - Cal Poly by 4
TXST may win and show us they are legit. Then again, Cal Poly is always tough and I think revenge for 2005 is truly on the mind of the Mustangs.

Nicholls St @ Rice - Rice by 13
Nicholls controls the clock, but Bailiff will be able to get a win against the team that gave him so much trouble in the SLC. Jarrett Dillard of Rice is worth watching!

Portland State @ McNeese St - McN by 10
Tough win at home, but it'll be a big win for SLC. McNeese has the playmakers and will be at home.

Frosty The Snowbuff
August 25th, 2007, 01:49 PM
Time for week one predictions for SLC contests! I'll list the games first and then list my predictions at the bottom. Each week, I'll update with my record. When SLC games begin, I'll have a special SLC games only prediction W-L record...

Cal Poly @ Texas St
Nicholls St @ Rice

------------------
Angelo State @ Sam Houston St - SHSU by 27
Defense comes to play, offense works out kinks in easy win

Southeastern Louisiana @ New Mexico State - NMSU by 17
SELA is able to score, but Mumme's team duplicates effort from last year

Central Arkansas @ LA Tech - LA Tech by 21
First FBS game for UCA, who lost a lot. LA Tech should have no problem here, but don't be surprised if UCA makes it a game.

Henderson State @ Northwestern St - NWST by 15
Demons should be able to win without a problem, but I don't see them running away with this one -- perhaps memory of Henderson vs SFA in the back of my mind.

Tarleton State @ Stephen F Austin - SFA by 7
SFA plays down to competition -- enough said. SFA will win, but I'm not predicting by much. They have matured a great deal, so they may be able to take care of business here.

Cal Poly @ Texas St - Cal Poly by 4
TXST may win and show us they are legit. Then again, Cal Poly is always tough and I think revenge for 2005 is truly on the mind of the Mustangs.

Nicholls St @ Rice - Rice by 13
Nicholls controls the clock, but Bailiff will be able to get a win against the team that gave him so much trouble in the SLC. Jarrett Dillard of Rice is worth watching!

Portland State @ McNeese St - McN by 10
Tough win at home, but it'll be a big win for SLC. McNeese has the playmakers and will be at home.

Sounds good to me....xthumbsupx

GeauxLions94
August 25th, 2007, 05:28 PM
Sounds good to me....xthumbsupx

All but one xrotatehx

Dallas Demon
August 25th, 2007, 05:38 PM
I agree with your choices of winners/losers. However, the Sam Houston game will be closer (who is Bomar going to throw to besides the tight end?) and the SFA game will be a much wider margin for SFA.

dpd
August 26th, 2007, 05:52 AM
SHSU by 30
NMSU by 35
La Tech by 1
NW State by 9
SFA by 16
Cal Poly by 29
Rice by 39
PSU by 24
Prognostication for all D1 Week One Games (http://dpdsdogs.com/ncaa/prog01.htm)

McNeese72
August 26th, 2007, 09:08 AM
SHSU by 30
NMSU by 35
La Tech by 1
NW State by 9
SFA by 16
Cal Poly by 29
Rice by 39
PSU by 24

I hope that is very wrong. Of course, when your rankings have the top team in the Southland as UCA at 23 and the next one is McNeese at 53, I can see where that 24 point spread comes from.

Doc

McTailGator
August 26th, 2007, 09:24 AM
SHSU by 30
NMSU by 35
La Tech by 1
NW State by 9
SFA by 16
Cal Poly by 29
Rice by 39
PSU by 24xnonox

I love it when a rookie tries.

McNeese wins by 4 TD's. It will be over at the half.

Heat and confusion just too much for the fighting Elvi.

CopperCat
August 26th, 2007, 09:34 AM
SHSU by 30
NMSU by 35
La Tech by 1
NW State by 9
SFA by 16
Cal Poly by 29
Rice by 39
PSU by 24

PSU 24?!? Gimme a break. McNeese will make it more of a game than that.xthumbsupx

Looks like whoever came up with these score predictions is drinking that Glanville kool-aid too.

dpd
August 26th, 2007, 10:08 AM
I love it when a rookie tries.

i don't mind admitting that half of any first-week predictions will be wrong, but please don't attribute this to rookie error - i have been posting fcs (i-aa) predictions online for ten years now, maintaining 75% accuracy in picking games

NSUDemon98
August 26th, 2007, 12:15 PM
SHSU by 30
NMSU by 35
La Tech by 1
NW State by 9
SFA by 16
Cal Poly by 29
Rice by 39
PSU by 24

NSU by only 9 over Henderson High??? and McNeese losing to PSU by 24???

Back to the drawing board...

McTailGator
August 26th, 2007, 12:26 PM
i don't mind admitting that half of any first-week predictions will be wrong, but please don't attribute this to rookie error - i have been posting fcs (i-aa) predictions online for ten years now, maintaining 75% accuracy in picking games

OK, then in that case, you have fallen off you rocker.
xrolleyesx

Lionsrking
August 26th, 2007, 12:45 PM

So it's veteran error then?

slycat
August 26th, 2007, 12:47 PM
SHSU by 30
NMSU by 35
La Tech by 1
NW State by 9
SFA by 16
Cal Poly by 29
Rice by 39
PSU by 24

yeah right. cal poly doesnt scores a lot of points a game. their is no way they win by that much. however i do think the game will be very close with cal poly winning. of course i hope im wrong but cal poly is a tough team and we have a new coach and young players.

while i dont agree with TTs spreads on the games. i agree with his winning team predictions.

patssle
August 26th, 2007, 12:56 PM
The Texas State and McNeese games will be close...can't say who will win those.

McNeese75
August 26th, 2007, 02:12 PM

Well your FCS rankings sure would not support it xsmhx

McTailGator
August 26th, 2007, 04:44 PM
The Texas State and McNeese games will be close...can't say who will win those.

The McNeese Portland game will not be very close.xnonox

McNeese_beat
August 26th, 2007, 06:08 PM
SHSU by 30
NMSU by 35
La Tech by 1
NW State by 9
SFA by 16
Cal Poly by 29
Rice by 39
PSU by 24

These are the SOUTHLAND games you are predicting, not the GULF SOUTH CONFERENCE. Figured you are confused.

Probably just didn't do your homework. The SLC is a league that has about 60 percent of its starting players back, including every quarterback. Last year was a collective rebuilding season (sort of strange the way it happened). Prior to last season, the SLC had a team reach at least the semifinals in three of the previous four seasons. The pattern shows that this shoud be an up year in the conference, not a down year.

McNeese at home with 17 returning starters from a 7-5 team should be better than a 24-point dog against anybody in the FCS.

Texas State, with its up-and-coming QB in Bradley George (remember that name) should be WAY better than a 29-point dog at home against Poly. How do they go from the I-AA semifinals two years ago, to a 29-point dog at home?

I'd say Portland State-McNeese and Texas State-Poly are close to being "pick 'em" games with a slight edge to the SLC teams because of home field. What do you base your predictions on?

Dallas Demon
August 26th, 2007, 06:14 PM
Also Northwestern St. will beat Henderson St. by much more than 9 points. The Demons have most of their players back from last year's team (the same team that lost to McNeese in OT).

Frosty The Snowbuff
August 26th, 2007, 08:41 PM
Also Northwestern St. will beat Henderson St. by much more than 9 points. The Demons have most of their players back from last year's team (the same team that lost to McNeese in OT).

Don't remind them xrolleyesx

Frosty The Snowbuff
August 26th, 2007, 08:44 PM
All but one xrotatehx

Look on the bright side.....you don't have to play Texas Tech later on in the season....

I'm not look forward to that one....

But that's ok, Colorado will avenge NSU for me :D

Retro
August 26th, 2007, 11:25 PM
IMO, PSU is even probably overranked due to the number of returning starters and they will go into the toughest atmosphere they've seen including crowd, noise and heat !xnonox

Freightliner
August 27th, 2007, 02:28 PM
hmm...northwestern fans will probably remember this name for Henderson State.

Roch Charpenter - starting @ QB for Hendo.

Northwestern in a rout.

NSUDemon98
August 27th, 2007, 02:48 PM
hmm...northwestern fans will probably remember this name for Henderson State.

Roch Charpenter - starting @ QB for Hendo.

Northwestern in a rout.

I heard from a football player that if Roch steps on the field he is gonna limp or be carried off... xeekx

TheValleyRaider
August 27th, 2007, 04:30 PM
Continuing my quest to predict games on every thread that appears before Thursday/Saturday kickoffs...

Angelo State at Sam Houston St Sam Houston St. Bomar's been at Sam, what now, a year? He better have that playbook down

Southeastern Louisiana at New Mexico State New Mexico St. Didn't they win this one pretty handily last year too xconfusedx

Central Arkansas at LA Tech Louisiana Tech Well, I'm glad UCA is getting closer to eventual postseason play

Henderson State at Northwestern St Northwestern St. Now if you were just plain old Northwestern from the Big 10 (11?), I'd have to think twice.

Tarleton State at Stephen F Austin Stephen F Austin I have nothing interesting to say about this game, so go FCS! xnodx

Cal Poly at Texas St Cal Poly This could end up being one of the nation's top games this week. I'll be keeping an eye on this score

Nicholls St at Rice Rice To be fair, the option attack could give Rice some difficulty if they're not prepared for it. Still, going with the FBS/FCS averages here.

Portland State at McNeese St McNeese St. That's a lot of black to be wearing in Louisiana in August xeyebrowx

GeauxLions94
August 27th, 2007, 04:40 PM
Continuing my quest to predict games on every thread that appears before Thursday/Saturday kickoffs...

Angelo State at Sam Houston St Sam Houston St. Bomar's been at Sam, what now, a year? He better have that playbook down

Southeastern Louisiana at New Mexico State New Mexico St. Didn't they win this one pretty handily last year too xconfusedx

Central Arkansas at LA Tech Louisiana Tech Well, I'm glad UCA is getting closer to eventual postseason play

Henderson State at Northwestern St Northwestern St. Now if you were just plain old Northwestern from the Big 10 (11?), I'd have to think twice.

Tarleton State at Stephen F Austin Stephen F Austin I have nothing interesting to say about this game, so go FCS! xnodx

Cal Poly at Texas St Cal Poly This could end up being one of the nation's top games this week. I'll be keeping an eye on this score

Nicholls St at Rice Rice To be fair, the option attack could give Rice some difficulty if they're not prepared for it. Still, going with the FBS/FCS averages here.

Portland State at McNeese St McNeese St. That's a lot of black to be wearing in Louisiana in August xeyebrowx

Probably agree with all though NMSU won 30-15 over a very bad SLU squad last year. We still had chances to win or make it interesting (3 trips to the red zone and only produced 3 points xoopsx xoopsx xoopsx ).

TheValleyRaider
August 27th, 2007, 04:57 PM
Probably agree with all though NMSU won 30-15 over a very bad SLU squad last year. We still had chances to win or make it interesting (3 trips to the red zone and only produced 3 points xoopsx xoopsx xoopsx ).

Fair enough. Truthfully, if there were a Sun Belt/WAC/whatever conference NMSU is in, Prediction Thread, I'd probably pick the Lions. Good luck anyway xthumbsupx

BEAR
August 27th, 2007, 06:41 PM
I am glad to see that most FCS fans see UCA as a good team on their way to the playoffs in a couple of years. Plus most realize, as most UCA fans themselves do, that losing that many players and having that many new faces on the team will be a big factor in the games this year. I think UCA will surprise a few teams but inexperience will probably play the biggest factor in our season. Either way Go UCA! xthumbsupx
----and Go Southland teams! xthumbsupx

JALMOND
August 27th, 2007, 08:02 PM
I would be surprised if in the PSU/McNeese game, either team is ahead by more than a touchdown. Glanville knows what the south is like in August, having coached at both Houston and Atlanta. Its probably why he vetoed any thought of moving the game to the day to accomodate TV. Playing at night will be a little better than during the heat of the day.

I actually think it will be more of a competitive game along the lines of Oregon State/LSU a few years back. Too close to call, but I will make a pick in the Big Sky picks later this week.

McNeese75
August 27th, 2007, 08:48 PM
I would be surprised if in the PSU/McNeese game, either team is ahead by more than a touchdown. Glanville knows what the south is like in August, having coached at both Houston and Atlanta. Its probably why he vetoed any thought of moving the game to the day to accomodate TV. Playing at night will be a little better than during the heat of the day.

I actually think it will be more of a competitive game along the lines of Oregon State/LSU a few years back. Too close to call, but I will make a pick in the Big Sky picks later this week.

xnonox
Glanville didn't veto squat regarding the starting time of this game. Cowboy games start at 7:00 pm unless forced to change by the Southland Conference or the NCAA. There was no chance this game was going to start during the day and if Jerry says differently, he is just spinning xnodx

McNeese_beat
August 27th, 2007, 10:32 PM

I don't believe Glanville had anything to do with the 7 p.m. kickoff. McNeese home games kickoff at 7 p.m. Period. Two things have altered that in the last 15-20 years. 1. The mandated times in the playoff semifinals and 2. Hurricane Rita blew the light poles down in 05. Other than that EVERY McNeese home game starts at 7 p.m. And TV has tried to make them change...But McNeese fans like to get good and lubricated before the evening starts.

It's just like LSU used to be before TV started dictating the kickoff times to them. I'm sure if McNeese ever got involved in a CBS deal, they'd move games to 2:30 too xsmiley_wix

McNeese72
August 27th, 2007, 10:51 PM

The needle on my BS meter just pegged on the high side. :-)

Doc

Dallas Demon
August 27th, 2007, 11:10 PM
But McNeese fans like to get good and lubricated before the evening starts.

Evening? They'd be good and lubricated before a morning game. You mean good and even more lubricated before the evening starts. :)

FormerPokeCenter
August 27th, 2007, 11:28 PM
There are two entities who can move a Cowboy start time. God, and the NCAA.....of course, the difference between the two are that God doesn't think he's the NCAA...

Seriously, we don't do day games at Cowboy Stadium for any reason, other than an NCAA mandated start time in the playoffs, or because of an act of God, like Hurricane Katrina.

It's been that way forever.

Glanville had NOTHING to do with the decision to NOT move the game to accomodate the TV cameras....Les Miles could offer to bring LSU to Cowboy Stadium and the game would still start at 7 pm

elkmcc
August 28th, 2007, 12:21 AM
IMO, PSU is even probably overranked due to the number of returning starters and they will go into the toughest atmosphere they've seen including crowd, noise and heat !xnonox

Are you suggesting that Cowboy Stadium beats the game atmosphere of Oregon or Oregon State or California or even Boise St., or Fresno or for that matter New Mexico? The Vikes played in those venues in the last 2 seasons. Now the heat might get to them. The crowd/atmosphere? With all due respect, nope.

ps: PSU also plays a conference foe that has a little reputation for its atmosphere too. xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

McNeese_beat
August 28th, 2007, 07:55 AM
Are you suggesting that Cowboy Stadium beats the game atmosphere of Oregon or Oregon State or California or even Boise St., or Fresno or for that matter New Mexico? The Vikes played in those venues in the last 2 seasons. Now the heat might get to them. The crowd/atmosphere? With all due respect, nope.

ps: PSU also plays a conference foe that has a little reputation for its atmosphere too. xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

I'm not sure how rabid the fan bases are in the above places. McNeese plays in a stadium that's actually sunken below street level in a natural bowl (think New Orleans before the levies broke, ha) so the crowd noise goes right down on the field and echoes around. So 14-15k people, which is a typical crowd (this should be closer to 17-19k, at least, I think) would be very loud. It's somewhat similar to playing at Montana. The one advantage Montana has in terms of stadium acoustics is large numbers of fans sitting at the ends, so it's actually louder there near the goallines. McNeese's is an open-end stadium, so people don't sit on the embankments on the ends unless the bleachers are full first.

Bear Fan 101
August 28th, 2007, 08:34 AM
Cal Poly @ Texas St
Nicholls St @ Rice
--------------------------------

Sam Houston big
New Mexico St.
UCA, I'm a homer and proud of it!
Northwestern St. BIG
SFA
Texas St. close.
Rice
McNeese St.

mikebigg
August 28th, 2007, 09:06 AM
The McNeese Portland game will not be very close.xnonox

I really don't know much about Portland State other than they are coached by Jerry Glanville... but I do know this: McNeese is gonna be a handful for them to beat. I don't know all that was behind the coaching change, but those kids dayum sho did respond to Matt Viator being named head coach. He's a McNeese guy (born and raised in that area) and all the high school coaches and players identify with him. Plus dude proved last year that he could coach.

McNeese has always had a good program... I don't follow them closely (grew up in North La and didn't have much association with the school) but I was always aware of how they won consistently. That goes all the way back to the Jack Doland days... now that was something unique. Doland went from coach, to AD, to President of the University. Tell me they don't take winning football seriously over there in the Lake Charles area.

No way McNeese loses by anything more than 2 points, but I think they're gonna win this one by 2 td's or more. They are loaded this year...speed to burn at receiver.

Freightliner
August 28th, 2007, 09:46 AM
I heard from a football player that if Roch steps on the field he is gonna limp or be carried off... xeekx

Looks like he will get his chances then...Roch starts for them.

Added extra - Hendo has already played one game this year (a 44-7 win over Texas College) so they have them on film.

I've been at a New Mexico game (TXST vs UNM 2003) The fan atmosphere was LAME at best.

McNeese atmosphere - WAY better than that...

And yes - I would put them neck and neck with Montana with regards to fan atmosphere.

McNeese fans will invite you to their tailgate areas to eat, drink, and be merry - then heckle the @#$!#$ out of you during the game (good clean heckling mind you)

McNeese_beat
August 28th, 2007, 09:58 AM
Evening? They'd be good and lubricated before a morning game. You mean good and even more lubricated before the evening starts. :)

"good and lubricated" is a relative term...What one may consider "good and lubricated" another might consider "warming up." :D

elkmcc
August 28th, 2007, 11:55 AM
I really don't know much about Portland State other than they are coached by Jerry Glanville... but I do know this: McNeese is gonna be a handful for them to beat. I don't know all that was behind the coaching change, but those kids dayum sho did respond to Matt Viator being named head coach. He's a McNeese guy (born and raised in that area) and all the high school coaches and players identify with him. Plus dude proved last year that he could coach.

McNeese has always had a good program... I don't follow them closely (grew up in North La and didn't have much association with the school) but I was always aware of how they won consistently. That goes all the way back to the Jack Doland days... now that was something unique. Doland went from coach, to AD, to President of the University. Tell me they don't take winning football seriously over there in the Lake Charles area.

No way McNeese loses by anything more than 2 points, but I think they're gonna win this one by 2 td's or more. They are loaded this year...speed to burn at receiver.

The Cowboys are going to have to be better than they were last season to beat the Vikings. I saw both teams play the Griz last year and watched the PSU/MT St game and also watched the Cowboys vs. Texas State on tv this summer. PSU is big, fast and talented. I wish the McCowboys all the luck tho, as I think McNeese fans are #1. Don't underestimate the Vikes tho. That would surely be a recipe for disaster. I would love to be at Lake Charles for this one. IMO, this is the game of the week.

Freightliner
August 28th, 2007, 01:40 PM
The Cowboys are going to have to be better than they were last season to beat the Vikings. I saw both teams play the Griz last year and watched the PSU/MT St game and also watched the Cowboys vs. Texas State on tv this summer. PSU is big, fast and talented. I wish the McCowboys all the luck tho, as I think McNeese fans are #1. Don't underestimate the Vikes tho. That would surely be a recipe for disaster. I would love to be at Lake Charles for this one. IMO, this is the game of the week.

just a little tidbit about McNeese - the only two games they lost last year after they changed to Viator was to Texas State (Viator's first game as HC) and to Montana (FCS playoff game).

I'm just glad we get McNeese at BCS this year. :-)

BTW - Here are my picks (in bold) for this week

Angelo State @ Sam Houston St this one will be a romp

Southeastern Louisiana @ New Mexico State close game I think

Central Arkansas @ LA Tech - Depth vs Youth wins this one.

Henderson State @ Northwestern St Demons will be ready. They are young...but experienced.

Tarleton State @ Stephen F Austin SFA's running attack should wear down the undermanned Texans.

Cal Poly @ Texas St - Sorry Cat fans...Even though I am a TXST alum - this one is too close to call. I look at it this way - It's the story of a team searching for an identity vs a team in the top 20. Play this game midseason and it might be a different story.

Nicholls St @ Rice - no this is no mistake, im not drinking any bong water or fell on my head too many times. Nicholls drives Bailiff absolutely CRAZY. Add on to that the Rice D is still learning the 4-2-5 against a well polished Triple option attack (9 starters coming back on O) Not only that he's 1-2 as a HC against the colonels (while at TXST).

Portland State @ McNeese St - sorry Jerry - one former showboat HC (Manny Matsakis - Former HC at Texas State) with a passing offense tried to outthink an razzle dazzle McNeese and got their lunch handed to them on a platter (2003). This one will play out the same. Dont be too surprised if a couple of McNeese fans show up in Elvis Costumes at the ticket office looking for their tickets!

McNeeserocket
August 28th, 2007, 03:00 PM
I really don't know much about Portland State

Hey Mike! You forgot that after Jack Doland left being President at McNeese, he became a Louisiana State Senator (a very respected hard working Senator). If Doland had not died an early death, due to cancer, he very well would have been elected Governor!

By the way, how is Grambling football going to be this year? Are you guys still running a pass first type of offense (nearly killed McNeese in 2003)? I sure wish Grambling and McNeese would do another home-home contract. Our fans (myself included) loved the Grambling fans at our house and the hospitality of your fans at your house. Also, your stadium is top notch.

Work on your administration to put a deal together to play McNeese again, and I will do the same here.

mikebigg
August 28th, 2007, 09:12 PM
PSU is gonna have to deal with the Louisiana heat and humidity plus a stadium full of fans who always have title aspirations. McNeese runs that 4-2-5 package really well and brings heat on every passing down.

Grambling and McNeese will probably happen really soon...the 9 game mandate is over. Plus our new AD is a McNeese alum and he is looking to increase our home game package to increase season ticket sales. It makes sense to reschedule a team that brought fans out to watch a highly anticipated game.

I don't think we're gonna be as "pass first" as before and when we do pass it will be more in an intermediate passing game...but we always will have the long ball in our arsenal. I'm impressed with our new coach and his OC (a first time OC) sounds like a man with an offensive plan that should work. He's been quoted as saying his offense is two back mostly but also has some spread packages. He says it's a "West Coast Spread".

McTailGator
August 29th, 2007, 12:52 PM
PSU is gonna have to deal with the Louisiana heat and humidity plus a stadium full of fans who always have title aspirations. McNeese runs that 4-2-5 package really well and brings heat on every passing down.

Grambling and McNeese will probably happen really soon...the 9 game mandate is over. Plus our new AD is a McNeese alum and he is looking to increase our home game package to increase season ticket sales. It makes sense to reschedule a team that brought fans out to watch a highly anticipated game.

I don't think we're gonna be as "pass first" as before and when we do pass it will be more in an intermediate passing game...but we always will have the long ball in our arsenal. I'm impressed with our new coach and his OC (a first time OC) sounds like a man with an offensive plan that should work. He's been quoted as saying his offense is two back mostly but also has some spread packages. He says it's a "West Coast Spread".

Thx Mike,

I hope GSU and McNeese can get something going soon. I enjoyed my trip up to North La. Great fans up there.

TexasTerror
September 2nd, 2007, 08:01 AM
My OOC record is 5-3.

SFA, Nicholls and TxSt did different than I picked, but it's a great day for the conference when Nicholls, Texas State and McNeese did what they did.

Great job, guys! Southland needs to be back on the map and those three wins were huge for the SLC. Let's keep the good times rolling!

TxState_GO_CATS!
September 2nd, 2007, 01:18 PM
told you guys we weren't as horrible as everyone thought, lol.

the Cal Poly/Texas State game was probably the second best Bobcat game I've ever seen. Ugly at times, lots of BIG plays...great game.

Ender
September 2nd, 2007, 02:51 PM
SHSU by 30
NMSU by 35
La Tech by 1
NW State by 9
SFA by 16
Cal Poly by 29
Rice by 39
PSU by 24

So,
NMSU by 16
La Tech by 21
NWSU by 35
Tarleton by 3
TxSt by 3
NSU by 2
MSU by 23

Looks like about 0% hit rate on the SLC this week...

Special congrats to Nicholls, first win the SLC has had over a FBS in a while! Starting to think every coach should run the triple option against Bailiff's defense...

And as always, GO CATS!!!!! 2-1 against Cal Poly! Big win to start off a big season!
Dan