PDA

View Full Version : Jake Phillips wins W&M QB Battle

Tribe4SF
August 25th, 2007, 03:18 AM
Phillips named the starter aftre Spring and Fall battle with RJ Archer and Mike Potts.

http://www.dailypress.com/sports/wm-now-quarterbacks.au24,0,159958.story?coll=hr_tab02_lay out

th0m
August 25th, 2007, 03:21 AM
Can't wait for the Delaware-W&M game!

ChickenMan
August 25th, 2007, 08:03 AM
Does Archer now move back to WR.. it seems a waste to have him remain on the bench behind up Phillips.. when W&M already has a competent backup in Potts. If he's not going to start.. why keep him at QB.. when he could be starting at WR?

Tribe4SF
August 25th, 2007, 03:37 PM
If he's not going to play QB, I'd expect to see him at WR. Too good an athlete to have him on the side.

Henny
August 25th, 2007, 08:21 PM
No smack intended I'm just wondering why Phillips lost the job last year and Jimmye thinks he is the man for the job now. I know Phillips does have some more excapability and maybe another year of maturity solidified him as the starter.

Tribe4SF
August 26th, 2007, 11:05 AM
Laycock went to alternating QBs last year in an effort to find some kind of productivity. He settled on Potts for the Towson game, and things went pretty well. Phillips came in in the second half against Richmond and played very well. The Spring and Summer battle saw all three get plenty of opportunities, and obviously Jake came out on top, albeit by a slim margin.

I think most Tribe fans understand that unless the OL develops some consistency, it will be difficult for any of the QBs to do so.