PDA

View Full Version : CSN 2007 Preseason Magazine --> sneak preview!

CSN-info
August 23rd, 2007, 03:32 PM
Here's the front cover and a teaser (the first 69 pages (http://www.collegesportingnews.com/stats/magazine/2007bookdraft1.pdf)):

http://www.collegesportingnews.com/stats/magazine/2007bookcover600h.jpg

RichH2
August 23rd, 2007, 04:06 PM
No more Street&Smith or Athlon for me. Preview was simply magnificent. Thanks.

CSN-info
August 23rd, 2007, 04:26 PM
Forgot the link to the CSN page:

CSN 2007 FCS Preseason Magazine Sneak Preview
College Sporting News

The College Sporting News 2007 FCS Preseason Magazine will be released in its entirety this upcoming week and this is a sneak preview. Many feature articles plus conference previews of the Big Sky, Big South, Colonial, Gateway and Great West leagues are included in this early glimpse.

Open the PDF version here or save it to your computer!

http://www.collegesportingnews.com/article.asp?articleid=86744

CatFan22
August 23rd, 2007, 06:34 PM
Not to nitpick or anything, but for the record we have updated our athletic logo about a year ago:

From this:
http://montana.stateuniversity.com/assets/logo/image/112/large/28-1.jpg

To this:
http://www.montana.edu/cpa/graphics/logos/bobcat-head/bobcat2csmall.jpg

GOKATS
August 23rd, 2007, 07:05 PM
Also not to nitpick, but Wheaton used up his eligiblility as well as Jefferson last year, so he's not in the hunt to be top WR this year.

The overal quality looks to be top notch as always.xthumbsupx

ngineer
August 23rd, 2007, 10:04 PM
Looks great--can't wait to buy my hardcopy...xthumbsupx

blur2005
August 23rd, 2007, 10:13 PM
It looks very impressive. I feel it's the best one I've seen yet and I can't wait for the second half of the mag.

PantherRob82
August 23rd, 2007, 10:22 PM
Anyone have good suggestions on the best way to print it?

UNHWildCats
August 23rd, 2007, 10:28 PM

prolly save it to a disk and take it to a printing place... it will use a ton of ink on a home printer.

ngineer
August 23rd, 2007, 10:31 PM

I think we're going to be able to purchase an actual hard copy of the magazine...correct? I thought I read that earlier..xconfusedx

Mort
August 23rd, 2007, 10:50 PM
Also not to nitpick, but Wheaton used up his eligiblility as well as Jefferson last year, so he's not in the hunt to be top WR this year.

The overal quality looks to be top notch as always.xthumbsupx

I would add that Saucedo is no longer on the team so he won't be protecting the qb any more, and that unfortunately Daly is a junior, not a sophomore.

UNHWildCats
August 23rd, 2007, 11:45 PM
i dunno i was under the impression is was pdf version only this year, prolly cause they couldnt lock up financing for the printing.

Its kinda pointless to offer it free if your gonna print and sell it.

rokamortis
August 24th, 2007, 07:01 AM
The Big South preview in the magazine is the same that the Sports Network released. Wasn't there a big controversy a year or two ago concerning a magazine contributor using the same material for another source ... or vice versa? Usually you would see credits given to the original publication.

dgreco
August 24th, 2007, 07:34 AM
Also, the exploratory and transition year schools are wrong. There are a few more making the move.

McNeese75
August 24th, 2007, 09:40 AM
Damn, there sure are a lot of new volunteer editors on this board xlolx

douglasdmb
August 24th, 2007, 11:17 AM
Its kinda pointless to offer it free if your gonna print and sell it.

I disagree. Many people -- myself included -- prefer to have the hard copy. I'm a pack rat and like to have all of the past MSU media guides, I-AA preview mags, etc. Plus, it's easier on the eyes to read something on paper than on a computer screen.

Even though it's available for free online, I'd buy the hard copy.

bluehenbillk
August 24th, 2007, 11:30 AM
Even though it's available for free online, I'd buy the hard copy.

xconfusedx xconfusedx

Retro
August 24th, 2007, 11:39 AM
As most of you know, we Retro-Sports decided not to publish the hardcopy this season for the main reason of time...

Even though i know that Ralph and the others did their best to get it out as early as possible, each year it was too close to the start of the season and for my business that causes a problem as really start getting busy when football rolls around for Mcneese, LSU and the Saints..

I also am doing a lot of work clearing land for my new house, whenever i can get away from the store, so less time and money for side projects...

I liked doing the magazine, despite not making any profit, because i feel it was a great promotion of I-AA/FCS football and Depending on how things go, i may try to do the magazine next season if another person / company doesn't decide to do it.

BTW, I still have a few dozen copies of the 2005 Preview with Santos/Ball, Meyer/Kimble on the cover. If your interested in those, email me.. I only ask that you order at least 2 copies to make it worthwhile..

CSN-info
August 24th, 2007, 02:03 PM
Even though it's available for free online, I'd buy the hard copy.You can have it printed at Kinkos for about $7 and that includes color covers, bound with clear plastic sheets on front and back. Wait until the full version comes out!
Also, the exploratory and transition year schools are wrong. There are a few more making the move.Referring to Bryant and others no doubt, but they were not prepared to make it official at press time.
The Big South preview in the magazine is the same that the Sports Network released. Wasn't there a big controversy a year or two ago concerning a magazine contributor using the same material for another source ... or vice versa? Usually you would see credits given to the original publication.Coulson wrote that for CSN but as he usually does, his work appears in other publications and he gave CSN prior notice.
i dunno i was under the impression is was pdf version only this year, prolly cause they couldnt lock up financing for the printing.That is correct.

Thanks for all the head's up on typos/mistakes! Glad you like the sneak preview!

travelinman67
August 24th, 2007, 04:10 PM
Is there a projected date when the full edition will be available online?

CSN-info
August 28th, 2007, 11:16 AM
Glimpse II came out last night:
Ivy League
Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference
Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference
Northeast Conference
Ohio Valley Conference
etc.
http://www.collegesportingnews.com/article.asp?articleid=86744

Leopard Man
August 28th, 2007, 12:50 PM
If Chuck Burton did the Patriot League review i wont waste my money.No one is a bigger homer than LFN.CSN keep your objectivity dont let LFN cover the Patriot League.xpeacex

TheCatamount
August 28th, 2007, 10:02 PM
socon coming soon?

travelinman67
August 29th, 2007, 02:28 AM
If Chuck Burton did the Patriot League review i wont waste my money.No one is a bigger homer than LFN.CSN keep your objectivity dont let LFN cover the Patriot League.xpeacex

Oh, hush up Frank. If you'd have spent some of that money on a parking structure, maybe Chuck would come by for an interview.

NOT!

xlolx xlolx