PDA

View Full Version : YSU v. OSU

jonmac
August 22nd, 2007, 10:54 AM
While we're at it lets bring this one up. Not sure if it's gotten as much attention as ASU v. UMich. What are the Guins' chances. I think this could be the one that puts FCS on the map. Is OSU ready for a let down season? What do you think 'Guin fans?

andy7171
August 22nd, 2007, 10:56 AM
From what I've gathered, the majority of YSU fans will be secretly rooting for OSU anyway.

jonmac
August 22nd, 2007, 10:59 AM
That could explain why it's not gotten as much board time here.

jessesd
August 22nd, 2007, 11:00 AM
xdeadhorsex

GannonFan
August 22nd, 2007, 11:12 AM
I think Ohio St murders them. YSU lost to Penn St 37-3 last year, and I think Ohio St this year is better than Penn St last year. Look for the same margin, maybe less because Tressel is nice to them.

89Hen
August 22nd, 2007, 11:24 AM
What are the Guins' chances.
Slim and none and slim left town.

Gorilla89
August 22nd, 2007, 11:42 AM
YSU, take the money and run. Don't play your stater's after the 1st qtr.;)

jessesd
August 22nd, 2007, 11:43 AM
Regardless of last year scores and one sided results with the Gatorsxbowx xbowx xbowx !!! LOL

xtwocentsx xtwocentsx I respect and recognize OSU as a very good contender team and this game is going to be horrible loss for the Guins!!!xtwocentsx xtwocentsx

First half: the Buckies first team beats the crap of YSU, leading by maybe 20-0 at the by half time.

Second half: the buckies second team comes off the bench allowing the first team to watch from the sidelines and continue outscoring YSU, the Guins may manage to score a field goal at the most in this period.

Last quarter.... The dogs and the waterboy of OSU come in and still manage to score on YSU, the guins may manage to score a field goal or maybe touchdown in this period at best.

By the end of game: the guins fans take-off their YSU shirts and put on their OSU shirts they wore underneat the whole game and pretend this never happened!! xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Because of Tresel the marging of victory for OSU should be anywhere in the area of 30 to 35 points. xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex

Bison4Life
August 22nd, 2007, 12:06 PM
blowout

ysubigred
August 22nd, 2007, 12:18 PM
Regardless of last year scores and one sided results with the Gatorsxbowx xbowx xbowx !!! LOL

xtwocentsx xtwocentsx I respect and recognize OSU as a very good contender team and this game is going to be horrible loss for the Guins!!!xtwocentsx xtwocentsx

First half: the Buckies first team beats the crap of YSU, leading by maybe 20-0 at the by half time.

Second half: the buckies second team comes off the bench allowing the first team to watch from the sidelines and continue outscoring YSU, the Guins may manage to score a field goal at the most in this period.

Last quarter.... The dogs and the waterboy of OSU come in and still manage to score on YSU, the guins may manage to score a field goal or maybe touchdown in this period at best.

By the end of game: the guins fans take-off their YSU shirts and put on their OSU shirts they wore underneat the whole game and pretend this never happened!! xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Because of Tresel the marging of victory for OSU should be anywhere in the area of 30 to 35 points. xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex

Your sarcasm is actually pretty accurate. Couldn't score on Pitt two years ago, only scored 3 on a so.. so .. Penn state team. We'll be killed by OSU. Reading the stats on our last summer scrimage the YSU FG kickers will struggle in a big game xbawlingx so I'm expecting a shut out at the hands of tO$U Suckeyes xmadx

Mountain Panther
August 22nd, 2007, 03:01 PM
Your sarcasm is actually pretty accurate. Couldn't score on Pitt two years ago, only scored 3 on a so.. so .. Penn state team. We'll be killed by OSU. Reading the stats on our last summer scrimage the YSU FG kickers will struggle in a big game xbawlingx so I'm expecting a shut out at the hands of tO$U Suckeyes xmadx

YSU fans should not worry about the outcome and just try to make it to the game for the atmosphere. xthumbsupx

stuperman17
August 22nd, 2007, 03:41 PM
Thats what i'm doing. I had a ticket last season for Penn State, but couldnt go. I'm not missing this one.

BDK@YSU
August 22nd, 2007, 03:56 PM
From what I've gathered, the majority of YSU fans will be secretly rooting for OSU anyway.

So true.

Anyhow, I would compare last year's Penn State team with this year's Ohio State team. OSU has a pretty good defense, a stud running back, and trying to break in a new QB, just like 2006 Penn State.

That being said, I expect similar results. Hopefully we score via touchdown, because I don't foresee a field goal.

GoGuins
August 22nd, 2007, 06:41 PM
YSU has a lot of injuries right now with a few starters probably sitting this one out.

I honestly don't see YSU scoring in this one

aswedc
August 23rd, 2007, 07:45 AM
I hope YSU's defense has improved. Penn State's offense last year was horrible. Their first play against Temple was an interception.

leatherneck177
August 23rd, 2007, 08:37 AM
I understand that everyone wants to put together a solid effort when they play their FBS game, but let's come back down to earth here, it's going to be ugly.

Ohio State 48
YSU 7