View Full Version : Wagner scrimmage set for tomorrow

Seahawks Fan
August 22nd, 2007, 07:33 AM
Wagner scrimmage set for tomorrow
Former Penn linebacker gets extra year and will spend it with Seahawks

Wednesday, August 22, 2007
By JACK MINOGUE
ADVANCE STAFF WRITER

STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. -- Kory Gedin will begin a bonus football season tomorrow when Wagner College's annual Green and White scrimmage takes center stage on Grymes Hill at 4 p.m.

Gedin, a two-time All-Ivy League second-team linebacker at Penn, figured his career was over once he earned his degree last spring.

He had a year of NCAA eligibility left because he had redshirted his freshman year at North Carolina before he transferred to Penn.

However, the Ivy League doesn't allow graduate students to participate in intercollegiate athletics. But Penn coach Al Bagnoli had a hook.

Complete article: http://www.silive.com/colleges/advance/wagner/index.ssf?/base/Sports/1187778638257450.xml&coll=1

Fordham
August 22nd, 2007, 07:39 AM
Good stuff, seahawks fan. How are you guys supposed to be this year?

It would not surprise me to see you end up on our future skid at some point given our AD's relationship with Hamelin as well as Coach Masella's connection (not to mention no overnight travel required for either team).

Good luck.

Seahawks Fan
August 22nd, 2007, 08:01 AM
I'd love to see Fordham and Wagner play each other in football again. It would make for a great rivalry. Hopefully that happens down the road.

As for the Seahawks, they are coming off one of their worst seasons. They return a number of veterans and the emphasis will be back on the running game, which has always been their trademark. I look for a rebound, but we're not with Monmouth or Albany just yet either.

aceinthehole
August 22nd, 2007, 08:53 AM
I really like the Wagner program a lot - that school has a ton of potential. I think it would be great if the Seahawks could meet up with Fordham or Columbia.

Go...gate
August 22nd, 2007, 11:34 AM
Wagner just got written up for the beauty of its campus in the Princeton Review. Glad to hear the rest of the world is getting to learn this well-kept secret. Good luck this season!!