PDA

View Full Version : LFN: Around the Patriot League

Lehigh Football Nation
August 21st, 2007, 04:23 PM
Took a peek around the PL (looking at Lehigh's opponents), and here's what I saw.

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com

Fordham
August 21st, 2007, 05:03 PM
Always good to get some PL nuggets, LFN - thanks!

Regarding good old Fordham, it's not as much of a change as you might think for the offense. Prydatko was hurt for much of last year (pretty much the entire 2nd half of the season) and while we tried to rely on him as our best offensive weapon last year, we really shifted to being much more reliant on the pass as Skelton developed and Prydatko got injured. The reason you probably didn't realize it was because we just weren't very good on offense last year at all, so it's not like the stats showed us lighting it up from a passing yardage standpoint.

Now that Skelton has even more experience, though, they seem to be adding more and more to his responsibilities and adding in more and more of the offense that Masella & Argast had while at CCSU. It should be interesting as we have much more speed than last year with the addition of some very fast frosh and some position shifts from last year. I expect to see some very tough growing pains this year as we field a ton of frosh & sophs but I do think that on those occassions when 'it all comes together' we could surprise a team or two. That said, I also wouldn't be surprised to see us play poorly and/or drop a game or two that we should otherwise have been able to have won.

And, fyi, the Columbia blogger pulled all of his insight directly from our camp updates on the Fordham Sports (http://www.fordhamsports.com)website.

Again, good stuff and thanks for continuing fill my PL info needs. xthumbsupx

ColgateTD
August 22nd, 2007, 11:02 AM
Does anyone know if vicb is around and if he is going to run the PL pool this season? I'm anxious to get on the board....:D

carney2
August 22nd, 2007, 01:26 PM
Does anyone know if vicb is around and if he is going to run the PL pool this season? I'm anxious to get on the board....:D

xconfusedx Huh?xconfusedx

Lehigh Football Nation
August 22nd, 2007, 01:33 PM
Updated my original post to add something about the SIX Lafayette QBs battling for the starting nod in Leopardland.

Go...gate
August 22nd, 2007, 03:24 PM
Updated my original post to add something about the SIX Lafayette QBs battling for the starting nod in Leopardland.

SIX? Sounds like Lafayette has been recruiting like crazy. I saw the preview on Channel 69 last night, too and the facilities look great!

Fordham
August 22nd, 2007, 03:58 PM
ZING!

LFN is absolutely GOING TO LOVE being confused with a Pard fan. Good stuff.

TheValleyRaider
August 22nd, 2007, 04:03 PM
TD, I'm guessing you're kidding. If you're not, however, Clarkson is a can't miss pick to finish Top 4, but Union's still not winning in the playoffs.

TheValleyRaider
August 22nd, 2007, 04:05 PM

xconfusedx Huh?xconfusedx

TD, I'm guessing you're kidding. If so, it's not nice to mess with the old guy's mind like that xnonox :p

carney, if you're truly confused, just remember to never bet for Cornell in the regular season or against them in the postseason, never bet against Clarkson in the regular season or for them in the postseason, and never bet for or against RPI under any circumstance.

Pards Rule
August 24th, 2007, 09:28 AM
LOL @ Pat "I Almost Beat App State" Davis

carney2
August 24th, 2007, 10:15 AM
TD, I'm guessing you're kidding. If so, it's not nice to mess with the old guy's mind like that xnonox :p

carney, if you're truly confused, just remember to never bet for Cornell in the regular season or against them in the postseason, never bet against Clarkson in the regular season or for them in the postseason, and never bet for or against RPI under any circumstance.

I have no idea what either of you folks are talking about. Sounds like too much time in Hamilton without a hat.

TheValleyRaider
August 24th, 2007, 11:45 AM
I have no idea what either of you folks are talking about. Sounds like too much time in Hamilton without a hat.

It's a Good Old Hockey Game! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vl_SxJ2RRvs) :) xnodx :p

http://www.uscho.com/images/colorscans/20042005/ncaa_col_cc_032505_mitchell.jpg

Go...gate
August 24th, 2007, 12:49 PM
Anybody ever hear from Marky D. Lafayette any more? He used to run the PL weekly FB picks on the VoyForums board, but missed last season.