PDA

View Full Version : Bison_Kent's FCS Football Tour

Bison_Kent
August 19th, 2007, 09:17 AM
With my move (see the Lounge for details) to Cedar Falls, my football travel schedule should be a little easier to see FCS games.

Week 1 thru Week 3 -- Moving from Kansas to Iowa (might be able to see one game this time period but not sure yet how the move will go)

Week 4 (Sept. 22) Northern Iowa @ Drake
Week 5 (Sept. 29) North Dakota State @ Western Illinois
Week 6 (Oct. 6) San Diego @ Valpo
Week 7 (Oct. 13) Southern Illinois @ Northern Iowa
Week 8 (Oct. 20) North Dakota State @ Minnesota
Week 9 (Oct. 27) Youngstown State @ Northern Iowa
Week 10 (Nov. 3) Illinois State @ North Dakota State
Week 11 (Nov. 10) Indiana State @ Northern Iowa
Week 12 (Nov. 17) North Dakota State @ South Dakota State (or Southern Utah @ Northern Iowa)

I am trying to keep it low budget but I could possibly get one flight in there to replace one game.

Ronbo
August 19th, 2007, 09:36 AM
With my move (see the Lounge for details) to Cedar Falls, my football travel schedule should be a little easier to see FCS games.

Week 1 thru Week 3 -- Moving from Kansas to Iowa (might be able to see one game this time period but not sure yet how the move will go)

Week 11 (Nov. 10) Indiana State @ Northern Iowa
Week 12 (Nov. 17) North Dakota State @ South Dakota State (or Southern Utah @ Northern Iowa)

I am trying to keep it low budget but I could possibly get one flight in there to replace one game.

For a guy who is supposed to be covering the West you certainly gain no credibility by covering zero Big Sky games. Why don't you change the CSN West to CSN Gateway and be honest? Can you really write any honest opinions when you are seeing one Conference that much in person and never seeing another Conference team even once in person?

Mountain Panther
August 19th, 2007, 10:07 AM
For a guy who is supposed to be covering the West you certainly gain no credibility by covering zero Big Sky games. Why don't you change the CSN West to CSN Gateway and be honest? Can you really write any honest opinions when you are seeing one Conference that much in person and never seeing another Conference team even once in person?

Slow down and read his post again....trying to do it on a budget and will be living in Cedar Falls. Makes sense to attend these regional games.

Ronbo
August 19th, 2007, 10:23 AM
That doesn't change the fact that he can't possibly write a educated opinion on any Big Sky team. Guess I'll stick to reading sports news that has the budget to really honestly cover their territories. Leave any opinion of Big Sky teams out of your columns Kent, just write the box scores because that's the only knowledge you'll have.

Cap'n Cat
August 19th, 2007, 11:26 AM
That doesn't change the fact that he can't possibly write a educated opinion on any Big Sky team. Guess I'll stick to reading sports news that has the budget to really honestly cover their territories. Leave any opinion of Big Sky teams out of your columns Kent, just write the box scores because that's the only knowledge you'll have.

Man, ronbo, you turn into a bigger dirthead every year with your Montana crap. When was the last time YOU were in the Midwest or East for a game, yourself?

Incidentally, I have met Kent and he is a super guy, certainly skying over you and, certainly, not deserving of this kind of rundown. You do know that he probably spends HIS money on all this, right? And you DO know that the United States is a pretty expansive country, correct?

Jesus, dude. No wonder there is only one person at the ronbo tailgater in Missoula.

xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx

Ronbo
August 19th, 2007, 11:48 AM
I don't write a "so called" Western football column so I am intitled to any damn opinion I want. If a person takes on a Western Football column then do it right or don't do it at all. Don't do things in your life half arsed.

If you don't like my opinion than lump it Cat man! Get it! You don't intimidate me fat man. xlolx xnodx xlolx

Lehigh Football Nation
August 19th, 2007, 11:58 AM
I don't write a "so called" Western football column so I am intitled to any damn opinion I want. If a person takes on a Western Football column then do it right or don't do it at all. Don't do things in your life half arsed.

If you don't like my opinion than lump it Cat man! Get it! You don't intimidate me fat man. xlolx xnodx xlolx

An easy way to remedy this would buy to buy a plane ticket for Kent, his family, five-star accomodations in Missoula for the game, etc.

Ronbo?

Ronbo
August 19th, 2007, 12:13 PM
I could care less if he covers a Montana game. My point is that he needs to cover a couple games involving a Big Sky team or he can't make any opinions on the Conferences strengths and weaknesses. I would imagine with this schedule the columns will be 90% Gateway slanted and 50% NDSU slanted. If you haven't even seen one Big Sky school what will you talk about them? Not much to say about teams you've never seen.

TexasTerror
August 19th, 2007, 12:13 PM

He does columns out of the kindness of his heart on top of his real world job. Same with me. We love what we do and want to cover as much ground as possible, but budgets and real job priorities do come into play...

Ronbo
August 19th, 2007, 12:20 PM
Maybe rather than FCS West, FCS South, and FCS East columnists CSN should get columnists for each Conference. A guy that sees many games in his area. And no I don't volunteer, I'm a piss poor writer.xlolx

TexasTerror
August 19th, 2007, 12:46 PM
Maybe rather than FCS West, FCS South, and FCS East columnists CSN should get columnists for each Conference. A guy that sees many games in his area. And no I don't volunteer, I'm a piss poor writer.xlolx

Well, people need to step up if that's desired. I was wishing for more Southland coverage, had a bit of a background in writing and after writing an article for fun (which I posted on this board), CSN contacted me about writing.

There's not many people that have the time, patience, budget, etc to cover FCS as a volunteer. Work commitments have restricted me from having as much freedom as I would desire, but I hope that I have done a fair enough job that is reflective of the quality of the Southland...

Gil Dobie
August 19th, 2007, 12:54 PM
Looks like a great schedule Kent, keep up the good work xthumbsupx

I'll be at the Minnesota and Illinois St games for sure.

Bison_Kent
August 19th, 2007, 02:09 PM
Just to appease Ronbo, I found a way to make it to Portland on Nov. 10. I wish I could make it to more Big Sky games but will be catching most of the others on Big Sky TV.

Week 11 (Nov. 10) Montana State @ Portland State

Ronbo
August 19th, 2007, 02:11 PM
Now don't anybody tell me the squeaky wheel doesn't get oiled!xlolx xsmiley_wix xsmiley_wix xsmiley_wix You'll really enjoy Portland, I go there every other year. You'll enjoy their fans too, except laxvik. xrolleyesx xlolx

McNeese75
August 19th, 2007, 03:44 PM
Ronbo, Meet Kent at PGE Park Gate A at 4:30 on November 10th. Wear Kevlar xlolx

JBB
August 19th, 2007, 03:50 PM
If Kent has to go to a BSC game he picked a good one. PSU is the most interesting team in the BSC right now.

Ronbo
August 19th, 2007, 05:28 PM
xnodx xnodx xlolx
Well both those teams will be out of the BSC race by then. But it will be a fight for the #2 spot and a possible at large playoff berth so it will be intriquing. xlolx

Mountain Panther
August 19th, 2007, 05:58 PM
xnodx xnodx xlolx
Well both those teams will be out of the BSC race by then. But it will be a fight for the #2 spot and a possible at large playoff berth so it will be intriquing. xlolx

Can't think of anyone but NAU being #1 in your above scenerio xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx

xcoolx

Ronbo
August 19th, 2007, 06:57 PM
We'll see what kind of grit NAU has on these dates.

Sep 08, 2007 at Arizona Tucson, Ariz.
Sep 15, 2007 at Appalachian State Boone, N.C.

Montana has beat NAU 9 straight times and is 29-11 all time so we aren't too worried with this years team which is probably our strongest since 1996. The team that wooped up on UNI the last time we played wasn't as good as this team will be.xsmiley_wix

Mountain Panther
August 19th, 2007, 07:34 PM
We'll see what kind of grit NAU has on these dates.

Sep 08, 2007 at Arizona Tucson, Ariz.
Sep 15, 2007 at Appalachian State Boone, N.C.

Montana has beat NAU 9 straight times and is 29-11 all time so we aren't too worried with this years team which is probably our strongest since 1996. The team that wooped up on UNI the last time we played wasn't as good as this team will be.xsmiley_wix

Apparently you didn't find my joke funny. I don't see why UM wouldn't be #1 in the BSC this year.

I want nothing more than to play Montana in the playoffs this year.

Ronbo
August 19th, 2007, 09:23 PM
Let's toast to that! xprost2x

Cap'n Cat
August 19th, 2007, 09:24 PM
What a Mort. Intimidate you? You're just another DaveK mosquito on this board. xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

The more the mouth opens, the deeper goes the foot.

xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx

Ronbo
August 19th, 2007, 09:25 PM
You think you're all that don't you blubber butt?xlolx

Cap'n Cat
August 19th, 2007, 09:31 PM
You think you're all that don't you blubber butt?xlolx

More than you, Myron. You are the Eddie Haskell of AGS.

Congrats.

http://files.blog-city.com/files/D05/153426/p/f/eddiesmal.jpg
"Gee, Mrs. Cleaver, when Montana finally retires that debt, Coach Hauck will be driving one spiffy car!"

xrolleyesx