PDA

View Full Version : Speedier Southern Illinois team hoping to advance past quarterfinals

CSN-info
August 16th, 2007, 03:40 PM
Speedier Southern Illinois team hoping to advance past quarterfinals
The Southern - Carbondale,IL,USA
Jerry Kill figures he's built a Saluki football tradition in his six seasons at Southern Illinois _ 38 wins for the once-moribund program over the past four years, each capped off by a trip to the NCAA playoffs.
But the Salukis never have gotten past the quarterfinals, including last season when Kill's young team saw its string of Gateway Conference titles snapped at three.
Now with speed to burn, some Salukis think the time is ripe for a deeper push in the Football Championship Subdivision playoffs ...
http://www.southernillinoisan.com/articles/2007/08/16/ap-state-il/d8r29m780.txt

ShowMeBear2
August 16th, 2007, 04:53 PM
I like to see SIU represent the gateway. But go down when they play MSU Bears.

douglasdmb
August 16th, 2007, 06:51 PM

It's been awhile. How have SIU's season ticket sales changed since Kill turned things around?

skinny_uncle
August 16th, 2007, 09:38 PM
It's been awhile. How have SIU's season ticket sales changed since Kill turned things around?
They have went up, although I don't have the exact numbers.
Winning regularly will do that.
:D

skinny_uncle
August 16th, 2007, 09:41 PM
The Dawgs haven't lost to the Bears since 2002 although they came close in that OT game a couple of years ago. I took my daughter to that game.

crunifan
August 16th, 2007, 09:56 PM
I think SIU will be better than people think. Regardless of what they lose, they always reload.

Good thing we have them at the Dome this year.

SIUallDay
August 19th, 2007, 01:15 PM
I think SIU will be better than people think. Regardless of what they lose, they always reload.

Good thing we have them at the Dome this year.

we'll get UNI up there sooner or lately....the past few years we played up there we should have won

R.A.
August 19th, 2007, 01:31 PM
I was just looking at the Southern's site.

Southern Illinois pretty much as their own daily newspaper media factory... lucky lucky.

By the way-- the link given by CSN-info for the article doesn't work... I keep getting File Not Found.

ShowMeBear2
August 19th, 2007, 02:42 PM
I remember watching that game on fox sports midwest when Bears lost in OT a great game.