PDA

View Full Version : Hampton is Ready to Make Some Noise

G.S.Green
August 15th, 2007, 04:53 PM
My thoughts on a very interesting poll on the eve of a very interesting football season. If HU can win both out-of-conference games against two strong opponents and lose to S.C.State, the MEAC could reasonably expect to have two teams in the playoffs this year. I don’t know what the rest of SCSU’s schedule looks like but that HU-SCSU game will be very intense. Once I get out of Baghdad, I will be at every game.

G.S.Green

skinny_uncle
August 15th, 2007, 04:55 PM
I think you just might lose one of those out of conference matchups.
:D

MR. CHICKEN
August 15th, 2007, 07:57 PM
My thoughts on a very interesting poll on the eve of a very interesting football season. If HU can win both out-of-conference games against two strong opponents and lose to S.C.State, the MEAC could reasonably expect to have two teams in the playoffs this year. I don’t know what the rest of SCSU’s schedule looks like but that HU-SCSU game will be very intense. Once I get out of Baghdad, I will be at every game.

G.S.Green

TWO WORDS........................DELAWARE STATE...........xeekx...BRAWK!

james_lawfirm
August 15th, 2007, 09:19 PM

G.S.Green

No smack intended, but Hampton needs to pick up some stronger OOC teams, if it wants more love from the playoff committee. I agree SCSU will be a good game. I am sure the committee remembers Hampton's 11-0 season 2 yrs. ago, when it made an early exit in the first round of the playoffs after being given a #4 seed. I think that means strength of schedule will continue to be important to them.

And, if you sir are serving in the military right now, good luck and God bless.

AggieFinn
August 15th, 2007, 09:37 PM
makin' some noise baby, makin' some noise...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YZP8dZzZRwU (http://youtube.com/watch?v=YZP8dZzZRwU)

HIU 93
August 16th, 2007, 07:17 AM
No smack intended, but Hampton needs to pick up some stronger OOC teams, if it wants more love from the playoff committee.

I think you should look at our schedule before you make such statements.

813Jag
August 16th, 2007, 07:23 AM
Princeton and SIU looks like a good OOC slate to me. Good luck in those games. xthumbsupx

bandl
August 16th, 2007, 07:24 AM
No smack intended, but Hampton needs to pick up some stronger OOC teams, if it wants more love from the playoff committee. I agree SCSU will be a good game. I am sure the committee remembers Hampton's 11-0 season 2 yrs. ago, when it made an early exit in the first round of the playoffs after being given a #4 seed. I think that means strength of schedule will continue to be important to them.

And, if you sir are serving in the military right now, good luck and God bless.

You don't consider Princeton and Southern Illinois to be strong OOC teams? xwhistlex I'll give you that they certainly ain't no Lenoir-Rhyne College or Northern Arizona xcoolx

G.S.Green
August 18th, 2007, 03:25 PM
You don't consider Princeton and Southern Illinois to be strong OOC teams? xwhistlex I'll give you that they certainly ain't no Lenoir-Rhyne College or Northern Arizona xcoolx

Excellent Point.

G.S.Green

OL FU
August 18th, 2007, 03:30 PM
I thought last year was the year that the MEAC would put two teams in the playoffs. SC State disappointed somewhat last year. Here is to a better year and to you getting to attend the games in personxthumbsupx

HIU 93
August 19th, 2007, 07:08 AM
TWO WORDS........................DELAWARE STATE...........xeekx...BRAWK!

One word- undefeated.

SIUallDay
August 19th, 2007, 01:06 PM
I got three words......Southern....Illinois....Salukis....

R.A.
August 19th, 2007, 01:24 PM
I'll give you that they certainly ain't no Lenoir-Rhyne College or Northern Arizona xcoolx

xlolx

G.S.Green
August 19th, 2007, 04:04 PM
Very nice article highlighting how HU has reloaded after loosing a great deal of talent last year. Look forward to the Princeton and the Southern Illinois games. They should be good measuring sticks.

http://www.dailypress.com/sports/college/hu/dp-07554sy0aug19,0,338012.story

G.S.Green

james_lawfirm
August 19th, 2007, 08:20 PM
I think you should look at our schedule before you make such statements.

Yep, you are right. I made the goofy assumption that Hampton's 2007 schedule was similar to '05's & '06's. Sorry. Won't happen again.

james_lawfirm
August 19th, 2007, 08:34 PM

Now, hold yer taters. Them teams mentioned (LRC & NAU) are the ONLY ones our AD could persuade to play us this year. What did your AD say when ours called him? Hmmm? Are you SKEERED? And don't say we did not call - we called everyone else.

ASU has a long history with D-2 LRC, and given the proximity of the schools, there will probably be close to a record crowd at Kidd Brewer Stadium for the game.

And, judging by the NAU posters on this board, there is really no point at all in playing this game. They've already won it in their minds. In fact, in their minds, NAU has already won the Nat'l Championship in Chatty this year, so this whole season is really pointless.

The point to my original post was not to generate all this SMACK. Rather, I was trying to be helpful to you Hampton fans. Perhaps I was not direct enough. Let me try again.

Message to Hampton fans: Strength of Schedule is important. More is better. SIU & Princeton are probably stronger OOC games than ASU's games with LRC & NAU. The thing is, ASU's situation is different from Hampton's. Overall, the SoCon is stronger than the MEAC. I guess I was pointing out the obvious.

Good luck in '07.

HIU 93
August 20th, 2007, 12:38 AM
I got three words......Southern....Illinois....Salukis....

Two more- Nov. 17

HIU 93
August 20th, 2007, 12:43 AM
Now, hold yer taters. Them teams mentioned (LRC & NAU) are the ONLY ones our AD could persuade to play us this year. What did your AD say when ours called him? Hmmm? Are you SKEERED? And don't say we did not call - we called everyone else.

BULLSCHITT!!!

WE called y'all and asked to fill that date. We also asked for a return game in the future. You all flat out refused. No discussion. I think y'all might be running a little scared.

But go ahead and talk your schitt. You earned it. Mark these words, however- there will be no threepeat.

Zoo
August 20th, 2007, 03:03 AM
I give props to Hampton for facing Southern Illinois and Princeton.

I wish you guys luck for those two games.