PDA

View Full Version : TSN All-America Team

Mr. C
August 15th, 2007, 03:46 PM
2007 Sports Network FCS All-America Team Announced
Philadelphia, PA (Sports Network) - Payton Award winner Ricky Santos of New Hampshire and playoff most valuable player Kevin Richardson of Appalachian State were among the 81 players selected to the 2007 Sports Network preseason FCS All-America team announced today.

Both Santos and Richardson were first-team selections on a three-team squad that honors both offensive and defensive players.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c=sportsnetwork&page=/cfoot2/news/AGN4097085.htm

CatFan22
August 15th, 2007, 06:40 PM
Three teams of defense and still no Bobby Daly. xnonono2x
For shame...again.

*And explain to me how James Terry (76 tackles) or Gian Villante (58 tackles) get on that list over Daly's 121 that led the BSC.

slostang
August 15th, 2007, 06:52 PM
Nice work. Must be hard to narrow it down to just three teams with all the great talent in the FCS. I think that James Noble will be on the most of the post season All-American teams. James had a huge freshman year in 2005 running for 1,578 yards (7.1 yd/carry) and 16 TDs. James was slowed in 2006 with an ankle injury, but still managed a respectable 1,009 yards. James is healthy again and I think he is set for even a bigger year than he had as a freshman in 2005.

CopperCat
August 15th, 2007, 07:38 PM
For shame...again.

*And explain to me how James Terry (76 tackles) or Gian Villante (58 tackles) get on that list over Daly's 121 that led the BSC.

Ditto. Daly should be one of the first guys they look at.

And what about Mr. Aaron Papich?

Sounds like there are still some that don't like Montana State even when they have qualified players.xnonono2x

Grizalltheway
August 15th, 2007, 07:42 PM
For shame...again.

Agreed, he's a great player who continually gets snuffed. Wish he had continued the tradition of Capital LBs going to UM. xnodx

Mountain Panther
August 15th, 2007, 08:01 PM
Good to see Chris Parsons (safety) from UNI on the third team defense. He deserves it.

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/niwa/sports/m-footbl/auto_action/536929.jpeg

Cleets
August 15th, 2007, 09:26 PM
Ramses Barden Cal Poly WR Jr. 6-6 230

He's getting drafted by somebody and going pro....!!!
His numbers are not eye-popping but he's exactly what pro teams are looking for these days...

Really BIG
blocks down field when he's not in the play
good hands
and just fast enough..... can you say: NFL

xnodx

UNHWildCats
August 15th, 2007, 09:57 PM
go Ricky!

Bobcat in NC
August 16th, 2007, 07:39 AM
Ditto. Daly should be one of the first guys they look at.

And what about Mr. Aaron Papich?

Sounds like there are still some that don't like Montana State even when they have qualified players.xnonono2x

It's damn embarrasing, that's what it is. Papich would be borderline for the list, but Daly's a no-brainer. Of course, Daly probably didn't make it because he didn't perform well in the big game against App, with only 10 tackles, 2 sacks and 2 forced fumbles. Daly's name not appearing is a joke and every single person who voted for Terry and Villante over Daly is a joke. (No disrespect to those 2 young men, as they're obviously very, very good football players. However, numbers don't lie.)

However, maybe MSU fans shouldn't be surprised when they get the shaft by anything TSN-related, all things considered...

xbangx

smallcollegefbfan
August 16th, 2007, 10:46 AM
It's damn embarrasing, that's what it is. Papich would be borderline for the list, but Daly's a no-brainer. Of course, Daly probably didn't make it because he didn't perform well in the big game against App, with only 10 tackles, 2 sacks and 2 forced fumbles. Daly's name not appearing is a joke and every single person who voted for Terry and Villante over Daly is a joke. (No disrespect to those 2 young men, as they're obviously very, very good football players. However, numbers don't lie.)

However, maybe MSU fans shouldn't be surprised when they get the shaft by anything TSN-related, all things considered...

xbangx

I agree that Daly probably should have been a 3rd teamer but numbers don't tell the entire story. If numbers meant everything then NFL teams would draft every player who rushes for over 1,000 yards in a season or every QB who has ever thrown for over 3,000 yards in a season. Daly's performance against App probably should have sealed the deal on getting him in but with all the off field issues this year people are going to overlook MSU players.

GOKATS
August 16th, 2007, 11:15 AM
I agree that Daly probably should have been a 3rd teamer but numbers don't tell the entire story. If numbers meant everything then NFL teams would draft every player who rushes for over 1,000 yards in a season or every QB who has ever thrown for over 3,000 yards in a season. Daly's performance against App probably should have sealed the deal on getting him in but with all the off field issues this year people are going to overlook MSU players.

Take the damn blinders off and pay attention- one current athlete was arrested, the others were former players who had either quit or had been dismissed from athletics.

Anyone supposedly qualified enough to participate in the poll should be savvy enough to not belittle the accomplishments of a current player because of some alleged criminal wrongdoing on the part of a handful of former players.xnonox

jonmac
August 16th, 2007, 11:49 AM
GUYS, it's a PRE-Season listing. Just like the pre-season polls, it doesn't mean a lot, nice to be recognized but what really matters is who is there at the end of the season. I'm sure the players don't really care much about pre-season rankings and such. Pull for your guy to have a great season and make All America when it really counts. Who knows what will happen by season's end. Main point...Pre-season polls and rankings are not worth getting this worked up over. SHEESH!!!!! It's easy to tell we are all chomping at the bit to get this season going.

appfan2008
August 16th, 2007, 02:45 PM
yes it is preseason but it is also nice to see i believe 5 app players on the list

Bobcat in NC
August 16th, 2007, 04:51 PM
yes it is preseason but it is also nice to see i believe 5 app players on the list

It's great to see, and I don't think anyone can argue with App getting that many on. xthumbsupx

CopperCat
August 16th, 2007, 07:08 PM

Great, all the pollsters are living in the past, just like everybody else.xnonono2x

Kick em' when they're down.

Numbers in this case tell enough of the story to say that Daly got screwed. End of story.

AZGrizFan
August 16th, 2007, 07:22 PM
Great, all the pollsters are living in the past, just like everybody else.xnonono2x

Kick em' when they're down.

Actually it's BECAUSE he only got 10 of his tackles against the mighty SoCon, and the rest against a fluff Big Sky Conference schedule, that he was not considered for this preseason award. xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex

edit: WAIT, how many did he get against Furman?

CatFan22
August 17th, 2007, 12:59 AM
Actually it's BECAUSE he only got 10 of his tackles against the mighty SoCon, and the rest against a fluff Big Sky Conference schedule, that he was not considered for this preseason award. xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex

edit: WAIT, how many did he get against Furman?

4, I believe. I'm not sure if I read the stats for the game right but I think that's what it was.

R.A.
August 17th, 2007, 05:06 AM
Such Disrespect to Hampton's Kendall Langford. Mel Kiper picks him as the #25 pick of the entire NFL Draft next season, he is the MEAC Preseason Defensive Player of the Year... yet, his a second team all- american.

Is this preseason justification to keep him from being a Buchanan finalist?

smallcollegefbfan
August 17th, 2007, 08:00 AM
Take the damn blinders off and pay attention- one current athlete was arrested, the others were former players who had either quit or had been dismissed from athletics.

Anyone supposedly qualified enough to participate in the poll should be savvy enough to not belittle the accomplishments of a current player because of some alleged criminal wrongdoing on the part of a handful of former players.xnonox

I was just pointing out a possible reason as to why MSU players might be getting overlooked. Didn't say I agreed with it. There are a lot of quality players out there. It is hard to satisfy people from every school. Maybe you guys are just a little mad at Mr. C for previous comments said about MSU :)

Like someone else said, these are just preseason picks. No reason to get worked up over them. A lot can happen. We will see who is an All-American at the end of the year. Daly will definitely get a chance to earn his spot on the field this fall.

smallcollegefbfan
August 17th, 2007, 08:09 AM
Such Disrespect to Hampton's Kendall Langford. Mel Kiper picks him as the #25 pick of the entire NFL Draft next season, he is the MEAC Preseason Defensive Player of the Year... yet, his a second team all- american.

Is this preseason justification to keep him from being a Buchanan finalist?

Remember that NFL stock and performance in college are two different things. His NFL stock had nothing to do with his selection by Mr. C.

If you are saying he is a monster and that is why he should be on, then you are right. xthumbsupx