PDA

View Full Version : Pick one FCS over FBS

89Hen
August 15th, 2007, 01:34 PM
Knew the mods would change my title if I made it the way I wanted. If you could pick ONE win for a I-AA over a I-A this year OTHER than your team, who would it be and why?

For me, I'd take UNH over Marshall. There's not much love lost for the Herd in the I-AA ranks and I'd love to see one of our conference mates beat them and their fans. I'd also love to see Santos get the recognition he deserves. I was there the first game he played in college and I only wish we knew that day that we were seeing the start of something special. xthumbsupx xbowx

lizrdgizrd
August 15th, 2007, 01:42 PM
I'd have to pick Youngstown over Ohio State. Nothing like knocking one of the top 10 teams in the nation to make people stand up and notice the FCS.

bandl
August 15th, 2007, 01:55 PM
ASU over Michigan. Would definitely give FCS some major cred...and the ***** would fly at Michigan, which would double the fun! xnodx

Mountain Panther
August 15th, 2007, 02:00 PM
Missouri State over Kansas State

McTailGator
August 15th, 2007, 03:29 PM
Knew the mods would change my title if I made it the way I wanted. If you could pick ONE win for a I-AA over a I-A this year OTHER than your team, who would it be and why?

For me, I'd take UNH over Marshall. There's not much love lost for the Herd in the I-AA ranks and I'd love to see one of our conference mates beat them and their fans. I'd also love to see Santos get the recognition he deserves. I was there the first game he played in college and I only wish we knew that day that we were seeing the start of something special. xthumbsupx xbowx

McNeese will ROLL over UL-Lafayette.

catamount man
August 15th, 2007, 03:40 PM
IF, and I mean IF, WCU could upset Alabama in Nick Saban's first game at Alabama, the consequences would be tremendous.

1) WCU would offer Kent Briggs a 10 year contract on the trip home. No questions asked!

2) Nick Saban would collect $32 million guaranteed for one day's work, because the university President would fire both him and Mal Moore the next day.

3) ESPN would make excuse after excuse for the "letdown" and would be on Saban watch 24/7, never bothering to interview ANYBODY from WCU.

4) All the Tennessee Volunteer fans/alums in western North Carolina would give $$$ to the Catamount Club as a show of thanks for embarrasing Alabama. Got a feeling some Auburn folks would throw in some cash.

5) And last but not least, newspaper reporters all over America would still ask the same eternal question: What IS a Catamount?!xlolx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

lizrdgizrd
August 15th, 2007, 03:43 PM
IF, and I mean IF, WCU could upset Alabama in Nick Saban's first game at Alabama, the consequences would be tremendous.

1) WCU would offer Kent Briggs a 10 year contract on the trip home. No questions asked!

2) Nick Saban would collect $32 million guaranteed for one day's work, because the university President would fire both him and Mal Moore the next day.

3) ESPN would make excuse after excuse for the "letdown" and would be on Saban watch 24/7, never bothering to interview ANYBODY from WCU.

4) All the Tennessee Volunteer fans/alums in western North Carolina would give $$$ to the Catamount Club as a show of thanks for embarrasing Alabama. Got a feeling some Auburn folks would throw in some cash.

5) And last but not least, newspaper reporters all over America would still ask the same eternal question: What IS a Catamount?!xlolx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!
You're assuming that they'd even include Western in their coverage. I'm sure it'd be more like: "Alabama Embarrassed by D2 Team In Opener." xlolx xlolx

BearsCountry
August 15th, 2007, 03:53 PM
Missouri State over Kansas State

Wow xeekx

89Hen
August 15th, 2007, 03:58 PM
McNeese will ROLL over UL-Lafayette.

IF, and I mean IF, WCU could upset Alabama...
C'mon guys. You're supposed to pick somebody else. It's no fun if we all just post our team's adventures... all of us homers already did that when somebody asked who has a chance against a I-A. :p

PSUVikings
August 15th, 2007, 04:12 PM
McNeese State over UL-Lafayette

Ivytalk
August 15th, 2007, 04:22 PM
ASU over Michigan. Would definitely give FCS some major cred...and the ***** would fly at Michigan, which would double the fun! xnodx

I agree. Wolverine fans would forget all about that old Colorado game in an instant.

skinny_uncle
August 15th, 2007, 04:39 PM
C'mon guys. You're supposed to pick somebody else. It's no fun if we all just post our team's adventures... all of us homers already did that when somebody asked who has a chance against a I-A. :p
So you are saying this thread is redundant?
http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/images/smilies/icon_eek.gif

AZGrizFan
August 15th, 2007, 05:26 PM
I'm gonna go with NAU over U of A. xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

U of A is atrocious this year. xlolx

crunifan
August 15th, 2007, 05:43 PM
UNH over Marshall
SIU over NIU

And I'm hoping for UNI over Iowa State

Tod
August 15th, 2007, 05:53 PM
You guys still aren't getting 89Hen's question, I don't think. He wants to know who you'd choose if you could magically make it happen. He's not looking for the best bets.

I think. xconfusedx :)

Za-KEE-uS
August 15th, 2007, 06:10 PM
Nicholls over Rice
xthumbsupx

Umass74
August 15th, 2007, 06:17 PM
I think Maine has a real good chance against UConn.

Go Black Bears! xthumbsupx

My other choice would be Northeastern over Norhtwestern.

GaSouthern
August 15th, 2007, 06:38 PM
I like WCU over BAMA, or ANYONE to beat UGA!

TheBisonator
August 15th, 2007, 08:42 PM
Cal-Poly over Idaho

Mountain Panther
August 15th, 2007, 09:59 PM
Wow xeekx

Well, you gotta think TA knows a little bit 'bout K-State from his days at Kansas.

It will be a tough game as many are predicting K-State as the Big 12 North sleeper (which isn't saying much since IT IS the B12 North).

Grizo406
August 15th, 2007, 10:16 PM
I say ASU over the "other" UM.

BearsCountry
August 16th, 2007, 02:12 AM
Well, you gotta think TA knows a little bit 'bout K-State from his days at Kansas.

It will be a tough game as many are predicting K-State as the Big 12 North sleeper (which isn't saying much since IT IS the B12 North).

Did Allen ever beat K-State at KU though? I think that is one of the reasons he got ran out of Lawrence.

OhioHen
August 16th, 2007, 07:24 AM
Living in Ohio, I'd have to say YSU over "THE" osu would be my dream FCS over fbs result.

Mountain Panther
August 16th, 2007, 11:15 AM
Did Allen ever beat K-State at KU though? I think that is one of the reasons he got ran out of Lawrence.

That and I think they were at or below .500 each year he was there.

89Hen
August 16th, 2007, 11:31 AM
You guys still aren't getting 89Hen's question, I don't think. He wants to know who you'd choose if you could magically make it happen. He's not looking for the best bets.

I think. xconfusedx :)
xnodx xthumbsupx You are very wise to understand me... either that or have the same crazy mind. :p

lizrdgizrd
August 16th, 2007, 11:33 AM
xnodx xthumbsupx You are very wise to understand me... either that or have the same crazy mind. :p
So should it scare you or me that I understand you? xconfusedx :( xbawlingx

89Hen
August 16th, 2007, 11:34 AM
I'm scared for you. :p

BayouColonel
August 16th, 2007, 12:48 PM
The questions ask which FCS over FBS upset you would like to see other than your own team. In that case I'd love to see McNeese beat the tar out of UL-Lafayette. I love to see any FCS team beat up on the "Ragin Cajuns" or any of the other Sunbelt teams. Of course I'd want Nicholls to beat Rice and Nevada even more though.

JohnStOnge
August 16th, 2007, 05:56 PM
If you're talking about what we'd most like to see, it'd be App State over Michigan.

If you're talking about what's most likely, it'd be Cal Poly over Idaho.

UNH over Marshall is another one I'd like to see for reasons previously stated. Central Arkansas over Louisiana Tech is another one. Louisiana Tech is pretty severely affected by "Think we're something we're not" disease.

james_lawfirm
August 16th, 2007, 07:56 PM

I think you should be scared that you think you think you understand what he thinks he's thinking.

skinny_uncle
August 16th, 2007, 09:36 PM

I'll take any win we can get.

HI54UNI
August 16th, 2007, 10:34 PM
I'd like to see UNH over Marshall as well just so I can give my brother (a Marshall fan) *****.

TheBisonator
August 16th, 2007, 10:55 PM
Nobody said NDSU over Minnesota yet???

Go Poly
August 16th, 2007, 11:02 PM

You beat me too it! NDSU hunts down and kills some Gophers!

FCS Go!
August 16th, 2007, 11:17 PM
I'm ashamed to say my dream would be Northern Colorado over Hawaii.
It would give me so much ammo to bash the "Montana should move to the WAC" crowd on egriz.

My honorable choice would be App over Michigan, with Michigan going undefeated thereafter.

BearsCountry
August 17th, 2007, 01:49 AM
That and I think they were at or below .500 each year he was there.

That too, but he did have a winning record against Mizzou though. But in all fairness - that was the toughest time to be in the Big 12 North, Nebraska, K-State, and Colorado were all good.

Grizball
August 17th, 2007, 02:39 AM
I'd love to see App St over Michigan or Youngstown over Ohio State

simply because these are the two biggest FBS dogs to take on an FCS scrapper

either FCS team hanging 30 on an FBS team would go a long ways in soothing a loss, imo

lizrdgizrd
August 17th, 2007, 09:27 AM
Who is this Minnesota of which you speak? xconfusedx xlolx

Cocky
August 17th, 2007, 09:46 AM
EKU over Kentucky