PDA

View Full Version : UNH Football: New look, same leaders

UNHWildCats
August 14th, 2007, 11:07 PM
Durham – New pants. New field. New players.

Members of the University of New Hampshire football team, new and old, modeled the uniform pants that came from a new deal with Nike yesterday on their practice field during the team's annual Media Day.

Down below, their new FieldTurf playing surface in Cowell Stadium was taking shape, complete with a state-of-the-art Styrofoam padding. Sewn-in logos in the end zones are in the works, too.

A healthy dose of the old will be mixed in with the new as the Wildcats take aim at the 2007 season that opens Sept. 8 at James Madison.

Same old quarterback in Ricky Santos, who won the Walter Payton Award as the offensive player of the year in the Football Championship Subdivision last season and is back for his fourth year as a starter, with 99 career touchdowns.

Same old goals.

http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=UNH+Football%3a+New+look%2c+ same+leaders&articleId=367ad7f2-ecfd-405c-854f-164b89c6ce09

http://www.unionleader.com/uploads/media-items/2007/august/815unhfootball_317px.jpg

Cobblestone
August 15th, 2007, 08:13 AM
Guys modeling tight pants, you must of liked that eh Travis? :p

Just joking with you. The uniforms looks good. I'm sure your team will perform well again this season. I just hope you guys take it easy on us this year.

xpeacex

WrenFGun
August 15th, 2007, 08:52 AM
A good article. There were two key points stressed in this article:

1. Santos expects to use TE Scott Sicko and RB Chad Kackert quite a bit more than they were used last year. Sicko in particular has shown a lot, which is nice, since some of us had heard he was transferring earlier this year.

2. Terrance Fox and Kevon Mason have both shown a bit at WR, which is nice, since I expected to hear more about J.T. Wright and Travis Negron, to this point. I figured Negron had the inside shot at the #3/4, with O'Brien, but who knows now. Lots of options.

DTSpider
August 15th, 2007, 09:10 AM
I just now looked at UNH's schedule, tough first month. First week is a bye which is a terrible time IMO. Open at JMU on 9/8, then at Marshall, home for Dartmouth, then at Richmond. 3 long road trips to start the year.

unhfan1
August 15th, 2007, 04:06 PM
I heard LeVan at the X, OBrien at the A and Wright at the Z.
Sicko at TE.