PDA

View Full Version : Pick your wins and losses

OL FU
August 13th, 2007, 06:14 PM
Time to step up and prove your powers of prognostication or just how much of a homer you really are. xnodx

I think we have done this before (we have talked about everything else related to football so I don’t think I am going out on a limb) so why not again. I have to admit I am not quite as confident as I may have been in other years. By many other teams’ measurements, FU had a good year last year and even considering our 8-3 record we did ok. But man we were shaky. 8-3 with lots of close wins. Of course, we blame the injuries and I will take that argument so assuming we don’t have any critical ones here goes:

Sept 1 – Presbyterian College
Welcome to FCS xsmashx xsmashx xsmashx The last time we played was Ingle Martin’s debut as a Paladin and even though ESPN thought we lost it wasn’t even close. The time before that was 2001 (and we had a pretty good team that year) and PC played a whale of a first half with a dynamite QB and offense. They scored 28 in the first 30 minutes but lost by 20 at the end of the game. This year should be interesting and I expect them to play close (during the first half) as we play it safe. But we win by three scores. 35-14.

September 8 - @ Hofstra
The last time we played was 2005 and Furman won after about 15 overtimes.xeekx Hofstra passed and we watched them pass. Last year was not the same Hofstra team. They played everyone close and lost to everyone. I really have no idea so I will have to go with what I have been hearing from the CAA fans and they don’t seem to think Hofstra is going to win a whole lot more than last year. I wish I was that confident. Tough to play in front of 500 rabid fans. Furman wins 28 -24.

Sept 15 – @ Clempscum
I don’t dislike them nearly as much as I act on this board. xlolx The last time we played we lost 17-28 and surprisingly outscored them in the second half. Take away a couple of fluke plays and the game is even closer. But it was the start of the end of Clemson’s pass happy offense. They were determined to run and they did. They played vanilla and we kept it close. I am not optimistic about this year. The last time we beat the Tiggers FDR was president. Clemson 35-10.

Sept 29 – Wofford
If a miracle occurs the week before and the Terriers upset the Mountaineers, they will be flying high and if they don’t, they will realize that their special season could be ending early. We have had some good games recently. 2003 is the most recent Wofford win and you have to go back more than a little to find the next most recent. That game was pretty close considering Wofford was on their way to a SoCon Championship and FU was mired in mediocrity. 2004 and 2005 were close but FU wins. Last Year FU ran all over them but it was one of our few healthy games and one where Wofford was not healthy. I do think Wofford is going to be very good but not good enough. Furman 28-21.

Oct 6 Coastal Carolina.
Most of us FU fans were shocked and disappointed last year and we should not have been. All we needed to do was look at CCU’s home record and who they had beat before in Conway to realize that this was an upset in the making. But this ain’t in Conway and while I don’t think CCU will be as down as a lot of people believe, we will be better and they won’t be. Furman 34 CCU 21

Oct 13 @ The Citadel
I have to admit that my confidence level on this pick is not great. Playing in Charleston is never easy. The Citadel cadets live and die by their honor code (of course, it does not include class and dignity when confronted by the enemyxrolleyesx ). Great Coach, good team coming back and they will play like there is no tomorrow. It would not surprise me if we see overtime again in this one. But Furman wins 28-24.

Oct 20 @ Chattanooga
Every year it is the same, “ Is this the year that Chattanooga comes back?”xnodx xnonox xnodx xnonox If you pick them every year for the next 20 years you are bound to hit it right sooner or laterxsmiley_wix . So is this the year? Could be and if you beat us plus a few others you can shake your finger in my face and say you told me so. I will believe it when I see it. A healthy Furman wins 24-10.

Oct 27 Appalachian State – Probably the longest history of close games in the I-AA history of the SoCon. Home field plays a huge advantage and ASU has to lose somewhere so it might as well be here. Furman 27-24.

I will admit to a slight amount of homerism here. xeyebrowx

November 3 Elon
Elon improved last year. But the loss of their QB makes one go xeyebrowx . After a fairly good season last year they ended the year horribly. I wonder (totally without fact) if some of the Lembo problems that we heard so much from the Lehigh fans hasn’t found its way into Elon. Time will tell. Furman is off after ASU but wins 21-10.

November 10 Georgia Southern
By this time the Igglets have found their grove, and they will either be playing to not have their fourth loss (or to gain or playoff bid) or playing to beat the team they most love to beat. :p This time of year is a good time to buy stock in drug companies as purple induces extremely high blood pressure in gnat infested south Georgia. I hate to say it, but we don’t fair well when the eagles are revved up and they will be. GSU wins 24-21.

November 7 Western Carolina
Last game of the season, Furman has had their FU last game and are now playing for seeding. Western Carolina just got their tails kicked the week before by a mad ASU team and now they are playing for pride against a team playing for home field in the playoffs.
Furman 35 -17.

Honestly, I think 9-2 is doable but is the best that can be expected. We play a lot of away games this year. 8-3 is more likely but it is hard to choose who might deliver the the other loss. The honest truth it would be just as easy to have said we beat GSU and lose to ASU and the Citadel (Sorry Wofford, not ready to give you one on our home field):D

Even 7-4 is possible but would be extremely disappointing with an experienced team coming back. xprayx for not injuries:)

I am sticking with 9-2 and if we lose 3 then I will change my picks:p

bobbythekidd
August 13th, 2007, 06:26 PM
http://www.gosimpsons.com/ProdImages/BurnsExcellentSticker.jpg

ncman071
August 13th, 2007, 06:53 PM
Sept 1 ASU @ Michigan- not surprisingly we keep it respectable but UM has a big 4th quarter winning 38 - 13.

Sept. 8 - ASU vs. LR - we don't look passed the D2 and win big 48-7.

Sept. 15 - ASU vs. Northern Arizona - this one could be interesting but our Defense makes some big plays in the second half and ASU wins - 31 - 17

Sept. 22 - ASU @ Wofford - i have an eerie feeling about this game. Wofford has a ton of starters coming back from an already talented group from last year. Wofford wins 24-21.

Sept. 29 - ASU @ Elon - why did elon join the socon? ASU 56 Elon 10

Oct. 6 ASU vs. Gardner Webb - ASU wins in a laugher 44-10

Oct. 13 - BYE

Oct. 20 - ASU vs. Georgia Southern - this could be an intersting matchup given their history. ASU wins 36 - 28

Oct. 27 - ASU @ Furman - this could be another grey haired experience but ASU pulls it out. ASU wins 33- 30

Nov. 3 - ASU @ The Citadel - ASU wins 40-21

Nov. 10 - ASU vs. Western Carolina - Western brings their "A" game. ASU wins 38-10

Nov. 17 ASU vs. UTC - ASU wins 32-14

so all in all, at best 10-1, at worst 8-3 (on the road vs. Wofford and Furman = not easy)

OL FU
August 13th, 2007, 06:56 PM
Sept 1 ASU @ Michigan- not surprisingly we keep it respectable but UM has a big 4th quarter winning 38 - 13.

Sept. 8 - ASU vs. LR - we don't look passed the D2 and win big 48-7.

Sept. 15 - ASU vs. Northern Arizona - this one could be interesting but our Defense makes some big plays in the second half and ASU wins - 31 - 17

Sept. 22 - ASU @ Wofford - i have an eerie feeling about this game. Wofford has a ton of starters coming back from last year. Wofford wins 24-21.

Sept. 29 - ASU @ Elon - why did elon join the socon? ASU 56 Elon 10

Oct. 6 ASU vs. Gardner Webb - ASU wins in a laugher 44-10

Oct. 13 - BYE

Oct. 20 - ASU vs. Georgia Southern - this could be an intersting matchup given their history. ASU wins 36 - 28

Oct. 27 - ASU @ Furman - this could be another grey haired experience but ASU pulls it out. ASU wins 33- 30

Nov. 3 - ASU @ The Citadel - ASU wins 40-21

Nov. 10 - ASU vs. Western Carolina - Western brings their "A" game. ASU wins 38-10

Nov. 17 ASU vs. UTC - ASU wins 32-14

so all in all, at best 10-1, at worst 9-2

Looks about right 'cept you picked the wrong team to beat you:p

I would say anywhere between 10-1 and 8-3 are possible. With 9-2 being likely. I just don't think ASU will go through the FCS without a loss in the regular seasonxtwocentsx

ncman071
August 13th, 2007, 07:06 PM
yea i edited my original post, i could see App going 8-3 this year with possible losses to Michigan, Wofford, and Furman. I just think with the talent they have this year a 9-2 season like you said is more probable.

SuperJon
August 13th, 2007, 07:09 PM
Tusculum (DII) - They run a 3-3-5. We should be able to run on them like crazy. Even if we don't, they gave up 150-200 yards of passing a lot last year to DII's. It should be over by halftime.

Shippensburg (DII) - They're even worse.

W&M - They were 3-8 last year and should be just as bad last year. We lost to them during our horrible slump last year and still shouldn't have lost. We left ten points on the board. Had Rashad Jennings not gotten hurt at the beginning of the 3rd quarter, it would've been a lot different. W&M couldn't stop him all day. Add to that our improved defense and W&M still not knowing who their QB is, and I like our chances.

Elon - They have a crap load of rookies. They play South Florida and WV Weslyan before they play us so we really won't know what they have before the game. They have two rookies battling for the QB spot and lost their best defensive player. They have a 6:1 rookie:senior ratio. We're getting them early before they get a chance to figure out who's going to be able to contribute and who won't.

St. Francis - Don't know much about em except they're not that good.

Toledo - They're an FBS school. Depending on how we play leading up that game, I seriously think we can compete with them. We have 3 OL and an RB who have actually gotten playing time on a higher level than Toledo (ACC, SEC, Big East). We have the potential to pull an upset that game, but I'm not saying we will. I like playing these lower FBS schools where we have a chance as opposed to the big time BCS schools where there isn't even a chance. Toledo was picked 3rd in their division, so that'd be 5-6 in their league.

Chuck South - They lost their leading passer and leading receiver. They released a depth chart, and on the receivers it was 3-wide, 2-deep. Of those six players, they caught a total of 32 passes last year. One of those players caught 31 of those 32 passes. They claim they have 10 players returning on defense, but their coach said a few days ago that some of those guys are in serious jeopardy right now. They've got way too many question marks for me to worry about them.

Presby - They have 8 road games. By that time in the season, it's likely they'll be completely beaten up. They'll be able to compete, but we should win. They're going to have a high powered offense, that's how Bentley is. They just don't have the horses to keep up yet. Give em a few years and they'll be good.

Coastal - Our hardest game outside of Toledo. They have a lot of unknowns, but unlike a lot of people, I think they'll be a very good team this year, especially by November when we play them. Jamie Childers will likely be their QB, if not him then Ren McKinnon. Either way, it'll be a mobile QB. Luckily, we've got Vince Redd who is the fastest and biggest linebacker in the league. A few other things going for us: They are 2-4 in big road games over the past two years. They also have a very bad record on artificial turf. The past two years have been decided by a total of 8 points. This game should be close, should be very fun to watch, but I think we'll come out on top. For our Coastal guys, that's not a knock on Coastal, it's just I think we have a better team this year. Coastal has a pretty easy schedule leading up to our game (3 home games vs Chowan, Presby, and VMI) so they'll likely be putting in some stuff for us during those three weeks and should be completely ready for us. With that being said, I still think we pull it out in a very good game. The winner of this game wins the conference.

VMI - It's a home game and senior day. Jim Reid is doing a good job at VMI, he just doesn't have the bodies right now. Hopefully he'll turn that team around in the coming years, but I don't think they have the bodies to match with us this year.

Gardner-Webb - G-W has a good team. No one will deny that. They have some good players on defense and have a potent offense (when they don't throw a bunch of INTs). The knock against G-W is their schedule. In their first six games, they have to go to Ohio (FBS), Mississippi St (SEC), Appalachian St (FCS two-time champs), and Wofford (very good FCS). Add to that the fact that they have to go to Coastal the week before us, and I don't think they'll have much left. They'll likely be 5-5 (2-1 conference) coming into the game, so they'd want to play spoiler and grab a share of the conference championship, but I don't think they'll be able to pull it off.

I think we win a definite nine games. I think we have a great potential to win ten games, but we'll have to play good, mistake free football to do that. We are the most hated team in conference, and everyone guns for us every week.

If we win nine games, we don't go to the playoffs. Hands down, enough said. There's no chance.

If we win ten games, there's a chance for the playoffs. It's not guaranteed. It will all depend on how soundly we won our games, and how the teams on our schedule do this year. If we beat G-W and they pull an upset over Wofford, that will be a much better win than if they don't. If Coastal can pull upsets over Furman, GSU, and/or JMU, and we beat Coastal, then that will look GREAT for us. IF W&M and Elon can perform better than expected, a win over them looks better. If they don't beat any of those, the win won't be as impressive. It is very possible that we win ten games and don't make the playoffs. We will have a great case, but without the auto-bid, and without a great schedule, it's hard to say it's a guarantee. We are this year's San Diego, with a slightly harder schedule. We have a team with the potential to be great, but a schedule that doesn't give much to be enthusiastic about. We've got to first off win the games on our schedule, and then we can talk about the other stuff. Until we actually win the games, the playoffs, etc shouldn't be spoken of. If, and that's a huge if, we make the playoffs, we'll see you in Boone.

With all of that being said, I plan on being at all eleven, and hopefully all 12, 13, 14, or 15 games. It should be a fun ride, and it all starts in a little over two weeks.

Grizalltheway
August 13th, 2007, 07:17 PM
11-0 or 10-1. The playoffs, we'll see...xchinscratchx (Please refrain from flaming about our schedule, just giving an honest opinion.)

james_lawfirm
August 13th, 2007, 07:26 PM
Sept 1 ASU @ Michigan - Apps scare the pants off the home crowd, only to lose by 7 in the waning minutes of the game, 28 - 21.

Sept. 8 - ASU vs. LR - Apps scares the pants off the LR coaches & wins big, playing the 3rd stringers, 56 - 15.

Sept. 15 - ASU vs. Northern Arizona - Apps make another statement to the Big Sky & all their posters on AGS (something to the effect of "yer too big for yer britches!"), 48 - 7.

Sept. 22 - ASU @ Wofford - Wofford scares the pants off ASU, but ASU pulls another one out of the hat, 21 - 10.

Sept. 29 - ASU @ Elon - App does not even get their pants dirty in winning, 63 - 7.

Oct. 6 ASU vs. Gardner Webb - App wins (flying by the seat of their pants) for the homecoming crowd, 56 - 14.

Oct. 20 - ASU vs. Georgia Southern - Both teams get their pants muddy (interesting concept on field turf) Apps welcome GaSo's new coach with a welcome he won't forget, 48 - 10.

Oct. 27 - ASU @ Furman - another leg pullin', nail biter at first, this ends in an ASU win after 3 OTs!!! 48 - 42. (B. Lamb messes his pants.)

Nov. 3 - ASU @ The Citadel - Apps find out how much starch is in those military britches, but wins anyway in a close one, 35 - 28.

Nov. 10 - ASU vs. Western Carolina - Western wears their purple pants, but they don't help. ASU wins 45 - 7.

Nov. 17 ASU vs. UTC - UTC chases Edwards all day, who runs & throws like his shorts are on fire. ASU 48 - 13.

My prediction: another 10 - 1 season, giving ASU a #1 or #2 seed going into the playoffs.

One reason for my confidence here, is I just watched the '06 Nat'l Champ. game, replayed on ESPNU recently. I was in Chatty for the game, but had forgotten some details of the performance. Fact is, even though the score was tied 14 - 14 after 3, ASU had all its guns ablazing. They were playing with a confidence that was evident to all. UMass looked like they would have preferred to be anywhere else during the fourth quarter.

And, those Mountaineers who graduated last year, there are more just like them waiting to take their place! It ought to be a fun year (for those in the black pants).

james_lawfirm
August 13th, 2007, 07:30 PM

With all of that being said, I plan on being at all eleven, and hopefully all 12, 13, 14, or 15 games. It should be a fun ride, and it all starts in a little over two weeks.

SuperJon:

Great post, but I have no idea what team you are talking about. Maybe I missed it. Is it Liberty?

OL FU
August 13th, 2007, 07:32 PM
Oct. 27 - ASU @ Furman - another leg pullin', nail biter at first, this ends in an ASU win after 3 OTs!!! 48 - 42. (B. Lamb messes his pants.)

If that is the way it ends, he won't be the only one.

james_lawfirm
August 13th, 2007, 07:33 PM
11-0 or 10-1. The playoffs, we'll see...xchinscratchx (Please refrain from flaming about our schedule, just giving an honest opinion.)

Here's to hoping y'all come visit Boone at your earliest opportunity.

Thanksgiving or soon thereafter would be just fine.

xbeerchugx xbeerchugx

james_lawfirm
August 13th, 2007, 07:37 PM
If that is the way it ends, he won't be the only one.

xbeerchugx xbeerchugx xbeerchugx

PSUVikings
August 13th, 2007, 07:40 PM
Sep. 1st @McNeese State L 24-28
Sep. 8th UC-Davis W 41-28
Sep. 15th Sacramento State W 45-7
Sep. 22nd @San Diego State L 10-31
Sep.29th @Eastern Washington W 31-17
Oct. 6th Northern Arizona W 45-21
Oct. 20th @Idaho State W 38-30
Oct. 27th Weber State W 41-21
Nov. 3rd @Montana L 17-28
Nov. 10th Montana State W 34-13
Nov. 17th @Northern Colorado W 28-14

OL FU
August 13th, 2007, 07:42 PM
SuperJon:

Great post, but I have no idea what team you are talking about. Maybe I missed it. Is it Liberty?

It isxnodx

Grizalltheway
August 13th, 2007, 08:03 PM
Here's to hoping y'all come visit Boone at your earliest opportunity.

Thanksgiving or soon thereafter would be just fine.

xbeerchugx xbeerchugx

I see it happening in Chatty, but that's just me. xthumbsupx xbeerchugx

SuperJon
August 13th, 2007, 08:11 PM
SuperJon:

Yep, that's us.

CopperCat
August 13th, 2007, 08:39 PM
Texas A&M: Big stadium, big players, Big12. A&M wins 34-10

Dixie State: MSU gets a week to recover from A&M, is at home, and is pumped in front of a very large crowd. MSU wins 35-13

Weber State: Defense keeps MSU in the game, gets a late score to put it away. MSU wins 17-14.

Idaho State: Another home game in front of another even larger crowd, homecoming game. Defense AND offense find new gears. MSU rolls 35-17.

Southern Utah: The T-birds are already beaten up after playing at UM, McNeese, and SIU. MSU takes another one 33-17.

Eastern Warshington: MSU veterans remember the injustices of two previous games with EWU. MSU wins 27-17.

Sac St.: MSU wins, I don't really even care by how much, but they win.

UNC: Defense and offense are now in a solid rhythm, but UNC plays an inspired game at home and keeps it tight. MSU 20-17.

NAU: MSU puts up some big offensive numbers, but NAU finds a way to get past the MSU defense. NAU wins 42-38.

PSU: MSU rebounds from the NAU loss to put up a great game vs. PSU. Defense shuts down the run n' shoot, but PSU finds a way. PSU wins 20-17. (you ain't puttin' up 30+ pts on MSU this year psufan10)

UM: Bobcats remember last season's finale and make up for it by running back the opening kickoff (again), putting up a great effort on both sides of the ball, and wins the game to get into the playoffs. MSU 27-20.

patssle
August 13th, 2007, 09:01 PM
ANGELO STATE HUNTSVILLE - WIN
ARKANSAS-MONTICELLO HUNTSVILLE - WIN
North Dakota State Fargo, ND - WIN
Oklahoma State Stillwater, OK - LOSS
#CENTRAL ARKANSAS - WIN
#McNeese State Lake Charles, LA - LOSS
#NORTHWESTERN STATE HUNTSVILLE - WIN
#Stephen F. Austin State Nacogdoches - WIN
#NICHOLLS STATE HUNTSVILLE - WIN
#Southeastern Louisiana Hammond, LA - WIN
#Texas State-San Marcos San Marcos - WIN

Playoffs!

The NDSU game is really split for me...it could go either way.

HIU 93
August 13th, 2007, 09:04 PM
Undefeated.

james_lawfirm
August 13th, 2007, 09:14 PM
I see it happening in Chatty, but that's just me. xthumbsupx xbeerchugx

Fair enough. I tried to get you all there last year. But you had something else to do.

All smack aside, I think your strength of schedule may keep you from a #1 or #2 seed. If so, then I think it is a 50/50 shot that we will meet in Boone (assuming ASU is seeded #1 or #2) (by that I mean do ASU & Mont. get set in the same side of the bracket or different sides).

But no matter where we meet again, it will be one for the ages! xthumbsupx

Mountain Panther
August 13th, 2007, 09:31 PM
Fair enough. I tried to get you all there last year. But you had something else to do.

All smack aside, I think your strength of schedule may keep you from a #1 or #2 seed. If so, then I think it is a 50/50 shot that we will meet in Boone (assuming ASU is seeded #1 or #2) (by that I mean do ASU & Mont. get set in the same side of the bracket or different sides).

Let's play the season first y'all.

CrazyCat
August 13th, 2007, 09:39 PM

xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx

CID1990
August 13th, 2007, 10:06 PM
yea i edited my original post, i could see App going 8-3 this year with possible losses to Michigan, Wofford, and Furman. I just think with the talent they have this year a 9-2 season like you said is more probable.

You have GSU playing you closer at Kidd Brewer than you have The Citadel playing you in Johnson Hagood. I hope your team overlooks us, too.

PaladinFan
August 13th, 2007, 10:40 PM
After scanning the schedules, I think Furman's sets up as well as you could hope. This is how I see the season shaking down. Worth noting that these predictions presuppose a healthy Jerome Felton. :)

@ Prebyterian: Like OLFU said, it maybe close for a bit, but the Scotsmen just won't have enough firepower to keep up with the Paladins. FU 38-PC 21

@Hofstra: The Paladins have been practicing two a days in 100 degrees and Hofstra just hit the field. Cool temps in New York will be a welcomed sight for the Purple. This year, unlike 2005, Hoffy will be without their NFL calibre players (Colston).
FU 28- Hofstra 17

@Clemson: Furman plays well against the BCS. Clemson is just too strong on defense and have two phenomenal runningbacks.
FU 21- Clemson 35

Wofford: Terriers have been straight up hammered by the Paladins the past two years. Furman typically dominates them in Greenville. They can have a slew of returning talent, but they just don't have the size to match Furman's power game. Dins win a shootout (or run out)
FU 35- WC 28

CCU: Time for Furman to return the favor from last year. Day game at Paladin Stadium is going to be a far cry from a night game in Conway.
FU 42- CCU 21

@ The Citadel: Circled as my "toughest" game of the season. While some games have bigger story lines, rarely do you find a more grinding hardhitting game than this one. They play us tough as nails every year.
FU 28- Citadel 27 OT

@UTC: UTC is still winless against Bobby Lamb. They are improved, but not enough to topple the Paladins.
FU 31- UTC 24

Appalachian State: The big game. App. has not had great history in Greenville. This might be the game of the year in FCS with both teams likely coming in with one loss. App is still the better team.
FU 28- App 31

Elon: This could have been a game with Wes Pope. At Elon might be a tight one, I just don't see the Phoenix winning at Paladin on Homecoming.
FU 28- Elon 14

@GSU: Game scares me. GSU is a complete nonfactor. Furman, right now, is still the better football team.
FU 17- GSU 10

@ WCU: Western still along way behind the Dins. I doubt Felton will rush for 6 in this game, but it should be a solid win.
FU 31- WCU 17

Again, with OL FU, I see a 9-2 season. This team has a lot of senior leaders. If we can avoid our yearly trap game we should do alright. With the conference evening out and the close games CCU, Citadel, and UTC gave us last year I hope we don't overlook anyone.

Weems
August 13th, 2007, 11:04 PM
Sat, Sep 1 TBA at Southern Mississippi
We play them good the first half, but they show us why they won the C-USA last year 42-14 L
Thu, Sep 6 6:00 PM Missouri State
Don't know much about them, but looking at their schedule/results from last year, and seeing who they have returning, i see the home opener as an easy win 35-7 W
Sat, Sep 15 6:00 PM at Central Arkansas
This will be a great game! Probably one of the most exciting games of the year for us. Its a close one, but i go with a 21-17 W
Sat, Sep 22 6:00 PM at Austin Peay*
Their second year back, great to have them back, will be a good game, but it still takes time to catch up. 35-28 W
Thu, Sep 27 6:00 PM Tennessee Tech*
Will be looking for vengeance after last years loss, but it isn't enough to beat us at home. 14-3 W
Thu, Oct 4 6:00 PM at Jacksonville State*
Very Iffy about this one. Close loss on a thursday night. 21-17 L
Sat, Oct 13 2:00 PM Samford* Homecoming
See Ya! J/k J/k. Close game last year when it shouldn't have been. Come up big on homecoming night! 38-10 W
Sat, Oct 20 TBA at Eastern Illinois*
Ugh... Great game last year on homecoming. This one might be better. The winner of this wins the OVC Championship. UNDECIDED
Sat, Oct 27 TBA Southeast Missouri*
Get pumped up after last weeks game(Hopefully). 21-7 W
Sat, Nov 10 TBA Murray State*
Griffin comes back to an unpleasant Martin, TN. Just like last year, we put it on 'em. 35-3 W
Sat, Nov 17 12:30 PM at Tennessee State*
Will be nice to take home the first ever York Trophy! 14-3 W

Overall I predict an 8-2 season w/ one undecided game. Will be a great season! :)

AndrewFU21
August 13th, 2007, 11:52 PM
I agree with the analysis of the two Furman fans above, but I'm not quite as optimistic. I foresee an 8-3 season with losses coming to Clemson, Appalachian, and one of GSU/Citadel/Wofford/Hofstra/Coastal.

10-1: if we play near perfect ball all year- 5% chance
9-2: if we play well and have some breaks go our way- 20% chance
8-3: if we beat the teams we ought to- 40% chance
7-4: if we slip up or have a lot of injuries- 30% chance
6-5: a lot of bad things would have to happen- 5% chance

BEAR
August 14th, 2007, 12:28 AM
[B]Sat, Sep 15 6:00 PM at Central Arkansas
This will be a great game! Probably one of the most exciting games of the year for us. Its a close one, but i go with a 21-17 W

That game will pack Estes to 14k and a home game will probably be the difference. But I could see it going your way too. Not too many UCA fans see an undefeated season. I look forward to this revenge game..too bad we don't have Fairooz to light you guys up for another 18 catches and 185 yards....xlolx Just kidding. xthumbsupx xlolx

Grizalltheway
August 14th, 2007, 01:51 AM

Indeed, win or lose, in Chatty or not, I'm chomping at the bit to see this matchup xnodx .

PaladinFan
August 14th, 2007, 06:46 AM
I agree with the analysis of the two Furman fans above, but I'm not quite as optimistic. I foresee an 8-3 season with losses coming to Clemson, Appalachian, and one of GSU/Citadel/Wofford/Hofstra/Coastal.

10-1: if we play near perfect ball all year- 5% chance
9-2: if we play well and have some breaks go our way- 20% chance
8-3: if we beat the teams we ought to- 40% chance
7-4: if we slip up or have a lot of injuries- 30% chance
6-5: a lot of bad things would have to happen- 5% chance

Haha, I said IF Jerome stays healthy.

OL FU
August 14th, 2007, 07:30 AM
So far I would say that there are going to be a lot of 9-2, 10-1 clubs out there this yearxnodx

Cobblestone
August 14th, 2007, 07:48 AM
Here it goes....

09/01/07 vs. Fordham - W
09/08/07 at Army - L
09/15/07 at Delaware - L
09/22/07 vs. Hofstra - W
09/29/07 at Brown -W
10/13/07 vs. James Madison (Homecoming) - L
10/20/07 at Richmond - L
10/27/07 at New Hampshire - L
11/03/07 vs. Massachusetts - L
11/10/07 at Maine - L
11/17/07 vs. Northeastern - W

... I've gotten used to 4-7 seasons.

Umass74
August 14th, 2007, 07:51 AM
@Hofstra: The Paladins have been practicing two a days in 100 degrees and Hofstra just hit the field. Cool temps in New York will be a welcomed sight for the Purple. This year, unlike 2005, Hoffy will be without their NFL calibre players (Colston).
FU 28- Hofstra 17

The Pride returns 9 defensive starters this year (the most in the CAA). They may be tough to score on.

SunCoastBlueHen
August 14th, 2007, 08:04 AM
For Delaware -

08-30 at William & Mary W 24-17

09-08 West Chester W 35-10

09-15 Rhode Island W 38-28

09-22 at Towson W 48-45 (revenge game)

09-29 Monmouth W 31-21

10-06 at New Hampshire L 56-63 :D

10-13 Northeastern W 24-14

10-27 at Navy L 21-28

11-03 James Madison W 35-34 (seems the home team usually wins here)

11-10 Richmond L 28-30 (I see this being a potential "tweener" upset game)

11-17 at Villanova W 31-28 (Hens take "must win" game to make the playoffs)

Final Record 8-3

WrenFGun
August 14th, 2007, 10:01 AM
9.8 James Madison--UNH struggles mightily against JMU, and while I think we have something of an advantage playing them early in the season with a somewhat inexperience quarterback, this is going to be a tough game. JMU is likely coming off of a loss to UNC but will be amped for their home opener. UNH and Santos, however, have revenge on their mind. JMU has foiled a perfect season two years in a row, including destroying us on homecoming. UNH wins, 23-20.

9.15 Marshall--Can they do it three years in a row? I just can't conceivably put this in the win column, though I think it is possible. Marshall wins, 31-20.

9.22 Dartmouth--Win. No explanation needed.

9.29 Richmond--I don't have a particularly strong feeling about this game. After a big win over Dartmouth, I think this is a trap game. We don't play Richmond well, ever, really, and I don't know if anything will change with that. UNH falls, 17-13.

10.06 Delaware--UNH beat a pretty good Delaware team last year, in Delaware, but it was a nail-biter. This will be quite the entertaining game to watch. UNH wins, 127-124. :)

10.13 Iona- No, IOWNU. UNH wins this one in a laugher, on homecoming.

10.20 Hofstra--This game concerns me, because Hofstra reminds me of Maine. They don't seem to make many mistakes and they have a good defense. Granted, last game was closer because of the poor weather, but this game scares me. UNH Survives, 17-9.

10.27 Rhode Island--I don't expect this game to be close. UNH wins 38-12.

11.03 Northeastern--REVENGE, II. UNH botched this game last year, and I can't see how they lose this one at home. They best not let up on this one. UNH Win.

11.10 UMass--REVENGE, III. I don't care about logic in this one. If UNH doesn't win this game I might lose it. This game probably decides the CAA title.

11.17 Maine--UNH COULD lose this game if it doesn't mean much, though with 2 losses already, I don't expect them to take this game lightly. UNH survives this one, 20-14. Maine is a good team.

So 9-2, 7-1. They could easily be 7-4, 5-3 with some struggles, which still might sniff the playoffs given the SOS and loss to Marshall.

89Hen
August 14th, 2007, 10:24 AM
For Delaware -
Impressed that you even picked the scores xeyebrowx . I pretty much agree, except I really don't expect Richmond to be a problem as much as Towson and JMU. Since OL wants actualy wins and losses and not just records, I'll have to guess at this one even though I hate to do so without having seen a single game...

at William & Mary W
West Chester W
Rhode Island W
at Towson L
Monmouth W
at New Hampshire L
Northeastern W
at Navy L
James Madison W
Richmond W
at Villanova W

Same result for Final Record: 8-3

SunCoastBlueHen
August 14th, 2007, 10:50 AM
Impressed that you even picked the scores xeyebrowx . I pretty much agree, except I really don't expect Richmond to be a problem as much as Towson and JMU. Since OL wants actualy wins and losses and not just records, I'll have to guess at this one even though I hate to do so without having seen a single game...

Adding the scores was just for fun. I agree that I would feel more confident trying to make W/L predictions after the first week of the season is complete.

As for Richmond - every season Delaware loses to someone who, on paper, they should beat. Sandwiched between JMU and rival 'Nova, I could see that being a let down week. If the game was being played up north, I probably would have opted for Nor' Eastern as the game the Hens get upset.

89Hen
August 14th, 2007, 11:24 AM
If the game was being played up north, I probably would have opted for Nor' Eastern as the game the Hens get upset.
I'm not sure that'd be an upset. :(

HensRock
August 14th, 2007, 11:36 AM
Oh ye of little faith...

@William & Mary W
West Chester W
Rhode Island W
@Towson W
Monmouth W
@New Hampshire W
Northeastern W
@Navy TIE!
James Madison W
Richmond W
@Villanova W

bobbythekidd
August 14th, 2007, 11:49 AM
BTK is going to give this one a shot. I am a homer so take it with a grain of salt. No scores, I ain't that good.

BYE- Poor squad with little following. They don’t travel well and don’t come strong. GSU takes this one easy. All kidding aside, I include this b/c it is important.
Hatcher has a new team and a new coach. This will allow us an extra week to gel that some others don’t get. At first I hated to see we wasted an off week after Furman and before Colorado State, but now I see the logic.

WEST GEORGIA- Not smack but these guys are just bad. Not b/c they are Div II, but b/c they are a bad Div II. Most teams can beat them with one arm behind their back, and Hatcher is old hat at it. No issues. Easy win, and another week of practice. (Before the GSU faithful jump all over me, this is not the 1994 team, I did not say the game was a scrimmage, rather the week before we don’t need to prep too much for them and can prepare further in the schedule. Trust me on this one; I know what I am talking about.)

Coastal Carolina- Lost too much to graduation and have not hit their stride. GSU wins.

CHATTANOOGA- The Year of the Mocs? This is what that extra time in practice was for. GSU pulls out another one.

WESTERN CAROLINA- Well…I’ll just say GSU wins.

SOUTH DAKOTA STATE- Much tougher than the last time we saw them. Great game in the boro! We are starting to play the way we should in the Hatch attack and are able to pull this one out. GSU wins.

Elon- Revenge! See second half of SDSU.

Appalachian State- Still strong and favored to take the SoCon yet again. Yosef and gang have fixed the earlier issues with the D line and have speed to match that of the Eagles. Boone have not been kind to visitors lately and GSU has felt that pain longer than most. This season will be no exception. GSU goes down.

THE CITADEL- Tough QB, huh? This one will be all about offence. GSU pulls away after being behind for most of the game. Hats off to El Cid. Well played, maybe next year.

Wofford- STOP THE PRESSES! Little Wofford can’ t stop the now rolling GSU Hatch attack, can they? Not with their defense, but they are running one hell of ball moving offence now. The only way to stop that option attack is to play with discipline and assignment football. We trade touchdowns for the whole contest but the Terriers pull it out in the highest scoring game in the SoCon this season. GSU losses.

FURMAN- Rivalry game. This is always a contest but history has not been kind to the Furples in Paulson. It comes down to the wire, but with Felton banged up, GSU wins.

Colorado State- Battered and abused from the week before GSU hits Ft. Collins with all it has. Things look great for the Eagles as they establish a new definition of speed in Colorado. The little green men regroup at the half and again we are victimized by the depth offered FBS teams. They begin to close the gap, in a nail biter. Time expires as GSU pulls out the first victory against a FBS foe. (Maybe not)

9-2 You heard it here first.xthumbsupx

or 8-3xoopsx

ngineer
August 14th, 2007, 11:50 AM
For Delaware -

09-29 Monmouth W 31-21

10-27 at Navy L 21-28

Final Record 8-3

How many overtimes at UNH??;)

carney2
August 14th, 2007, 12:04 PM
So far I would say that there are going to be a lot of 9-2, 10-1 clubs out there this year

Right you are. After seeing the results of the Patriot League Homer Poll that was completed over this past weekend, we now know that the League will defy history, defy logic, defy the laws of mathematics, and, I suppose, also defy the laws of physics, with at least four teams going 11-0.

GoldandBlack
August 14th, 2007, 12:10 PM
Let's face it- we're all just killing time until the season starts, anyway- so what the heck?

Hosting Georgetown, Ky- excellent NAIA team, and our coach's Alma Mater-

Wofford by 35-10

Hosting Charleston Southern- I really don't know enough about their team prospects this year compared to last year, but I do know enough to predict

a Wofford win at home- 28-17.

At N.C. State- they're a better team athletically than we are, but they aren't used to defending against the Wingbone. We play them straight up for 2 1/2 quarters, then their depth begins to wear on us.

NC State 31, Wofford 17.

Hosting Appalachian State- now the fun begins. I saw the game at Kidd Brewer last year, and I think they took us lightly. That won't happen in Spartanburg this year. I think an upset is definitely possible, but the likely final score, decided in the last 2 minutes of the game, is

App State 28, Wofford 21

At Furman- now it really begins to get down to who's healthy on both teams. Without Jerome Felton, we take FU at their house, but I'm thinking this may be Jerome's year. It'll be much closer than the last two years but until we can prove otherwise,

FU 24, Wofford 21.

At The Citadel- With any luck, CitDog will be in town, and we can debate the finer points of secession over a brew. That won't be more exciting than this game, though- an old fashioned brawl should be a good description. I think The Citadel may reverse our long trend of winning these games --- next year.

Wofford 28, The Citadel 24

Hosting Gardner-Webb- if we still have any healthy starters, this should be an offensive show for both sides-

Wofford 42, Gardner Webb 35.

Hosting Elon- given Elon's quarterback situation, I've gotta think we can take this game at home unless we're plagued with injuries.

Wofford 35, Elon 21.

At Western Carolina- Thursday night, and ESPN- what a great trip this one will be! Home crowd will be fired, and they took us to the woodshed year before last in the 'Whee. WCU will be improved this year over last year, but I think another 2 years before they're back in fine feline form.

Wofford 24, Western Carolina 10.

Hosting Georgia Southern- I'm much rather be playing the Bulldogs in September than in November this year. Coach Hatcher will have had some time to work out the bugs in his new system with the players. I don't know why, but for some reason we've just had GSU's number for the past several years, and I think we can carry it at least one more year.

Wofford 27, GSU 24.

At Chattanooga- The Mocs could be better, could be the same, could be worse than last year- who knows? I'm going with the gut feel that this late in the season, we'll be healthier as a squad, so

Wofford 31, Chattanooga 21.

Season record- 8-3. I could see winning against both App State and Furman, then losing to The Citadel and GSU, but my best guess is as stated.xcoffeex

This is a kick this time of year, but seeing it unfold will be much, much better. C'mon, September!xthumbsupx

89Hen
August 14th, 2007, 12:33 PM
So far I would say that there are going to be a lot of 9-2, 10-1 clubs out there this yearxnodx
No kidding. Everyone except Cobblestone has their team making the playoffs. xeyebrowx

Cobblestone
August 14th, 2007, 12:36 PM
No kidding. Everyone except Cobblestone has their team making the playoffs. xeyebrowx

xlolx might have something to do with Coach Tim "Mr. 4-7" Stowers.

Cleets
August 14th, 2007, 12:36 PM
Sep. 1st @McNeese State L 24-28
Sep. 8th UC-Davis W 41-28
Sep. 15th Sacramento State W 45-7
Sep. 22nd @San Diego State L 10-31
Sep.29th @Eastern Washington W 31-17
Oct. 6th Northern Arizona W 45-21
Oct. 20th @Idaho State W 38-30
Oct. 27th Weber State W 41-21
Nov. 3rd @Montana L 17-28
Nov. 10th Montana State W 34-13
Nov. 17th @Northern Colorado W 28-14

McNeese is not looking forward to seeing PSU in 4 weeks..!!!
it is likely they start the season 0-1 (that's a tough home opener)

I say PSU is 9-2...xcoffeex

UncleSam
August 14th, 2007, 12:54 PM
Delaware

@ W&M - W
West Chester - W
URI -W
@ Towson - W
Monmouth - W
@ UNH - L
Northeastern - W
@ Navy - L
JMU - W
Richmond - W
Villanova - L

8-3

Cleets
August 14th, 2007, 12:58 PM
Harvard Crimson -
Harvard @ Holy Cross = W (24 to 6)
Brown @ Harvard = W (107 to 9)
Harvard @ Lehigh = W (3 to 2)
Lafayette @ Harvard = L (21 to 17)
Princeton @ Harvard = W (56 to 10)
Dartmouth @ Harvard = W (1,697 to 14)
Harvard @ Columbia = W (21 to 17)
Pennsylvania @ Harvard = W (9 to 6)
Harvard @ Yale = L (10 to 9)

Harvard 7 & 2 …

Yale goes undefeated and plays USC in the national Championship game…. Winning 42 to 13

89Hen
August 14th, 2007, 12:59 PM
Villanova - L
xeekx xmadx xnonono2x xmadx

What kind of Hen fan predicts a loss to Filthanova? xnonono2x xnonono2x

GoldandBlack
August 14th, 2007, 01:03 PM
Yale goes undefeated and plays USC in the national Championship game…. Winning 42 to 13

USC = University of the South at Cowpensxrolleyesx

UncleSam
August 14th, 2007, 01:07 PM

a realistic one... the series stands: 20-19 Delaware

VT Wildcat Fan53
August 14th, 2007, 01:41 PM
9.8 James Madison--UNH struggles mightily against JMU, and while I think we have something of an advantage playing them early in the season with a somewhat inexperience quarterback, this is going to be a tough game. JMU is likely coming off of a loss to UNC but will be amped for their home opener. UNH and Santos, however, have revenge on their mind. JMU has foiled a perfect season two years in a row, including destroying us on homecoming. UNH wins, 23-20.

9.15 Marshall--Can they do it three years in a row? I just can't conceivably put this in the win column, though I think it is possible. Marshall wins, 31-20.

9.22 Dartmouth--Win. No explanation needed.

9.29 Richmond--I don't have a particularly strong feeling about this game. After a big win over Dartmouth, I think this is a trap game. We don't play Richmond well, ever, really, and I don't know if anything will change with that. UNH falls, 17-13.

10.06 Delaware--UNH beat a pretty good Delaware team last year, in Delaware, but it was a nail-biter. This will be quite the entertaining game to watch. UNH wins, 127-124. :)

10.13 Iona- No, IOWNU. UNH wins this one in a laugher, on homecoming.

10.20 Hofstra--This game concerns me, because Hofstra reminds me of Maine. They don't seem to make many mistakes and they have a good defense. Granted, last game was closer because of the poor weather, but this game scares me. UNH Survives, 17-9.

10.27 Rhode Island--I don't expect this game to be close. UNH wins 38-12.

11.03 Northeastern--REVENGE, II. UNH botched this game last year, and I can't see how they lose this one at home. They best not let up on this one. UNH Win.

11.10 UMass--REVENGE, III. I don't care about logic in this one. If UNH doesn't win this game I might lose it. This game probably decides the CAA title.

11.17 Maine--UNH COULD lose this game if it doesn't mean much, though with 2 losses already, I don't expect them to take this game lightly. UNH survives this one, 20-14. Maine is a good team.

So 9-2, 7-1. They could easily be 7-4, 5-3 with some struggles, which still might sniff the playoffs given the SOS and loss to Marshall.

Great analysis, but in the end, it all will come down to UMASS. UNH wins and most likely gets to 8 or 9 wins on the season and gets into the playoffs (especially if 1 or 2 or 3 losses is vs Marshall). Even with a win over Marshall, mark my words, it will all come down to UMASS.....
BTW, we need to get Maine and the Minutemen switched on the schedule. Black Bears are a rival, but the game is vs UMASS.

carney2
August 14th, 2007, 01:46 PM
Harvard Crimson -

Harvard 7 & 2 …

@ Cambridge; Lafayette is 2-9 all time vs. Harvard; Lafayette is the Ivy League's favorite pinata;.... I need to borrow your crystal ball for a few days.

Never mind. I see the Yale vs. Southern Cal thingie. This is all a big joke.xeyebrowx

Cleets
August 14th, 2007, 01:59 PM
@ Cambridge; Lafayette is 2-9 all time vs. Harvard; Lafayette is the Ivy League's favorite pinata;.... I need to borrow your crystal ball for a few days.

Never mind. I see the Yale vs. Southern Cal thingie. This is all a big joke.xeyebrowx

also I didn't even include the Harvard @ Cornell game... xlolx

Nobody cares about Ivy football on AGS except maybe two or three guys... and I hope they post on this thread some time soon..!!!!

OL FU
August 14th, 2007, 02:02 PM

Nobody cares about Ivy football on AGS except maybe two or three guys... and I hope they post on this thread some time soon..!!!!

Is the Ivy League in FCSxeyebrowx xsmiley_wix

AggieFinn
August 14th, 2007, 02:40 PM
9/1 vs. Western Washington - W 45-13
9/8 @ Portland State - L 21-24
9/15 @ EWU - W 37 - 21
9/22 vs. Northeastern - W 27-20
9/29 @ SJSU - L 28 - 49
10/6 @ NDSU - L 24 - 31
10/13 vs. Cal Poly - W 17 - 14
10/20 @ SUU - W 38 - 28
10/27 vs. SDSU - W 28 - 24
11/3 @ Sac State - W 49 - 14
11/17 vs. San Diego - W 42 - 31

http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper981/stills/u2w50n91.jpg

HensRock
August 14th, 2007, 02:52 PM

AMEN!!!!

There are 3 games this year that in my mind are stone cold mortal LOCKS.
Delaware will beat Towson, ...
Delaware will beat UNH, and ...
Delaware will beat Stinkin' NOVA

Mark 'em!

WrenFGun
August 14th, 2007, 03:05 PM
AMEN!!!!

There are 3 games this year that in my mind are stone cold mortal LOCKS.
Delaware will beat Towson, ...
Delaware will beat UNH, and ...
Delaware will beat Stinkin' NOVA

Mark 'em!

BOOO! Since they're definitely losing to UNH, I suspect it may be entirely the other way around. Maybe they'll lose all 3!

james_lawfirm
August 14th, 2007, 03:22 PM

I was afraid someone would notice I'd jumped ahead some.

89Hen
August 14th, 2007, 03:37 PM
BOOO! Since they're definitely losing to UNH, I suspect it may be entirely the other way around. Maybe they'll lose all 3!
Average margin of victory in the last three UD/UNH games... 2.3 xthumbsupx

WrenFGun
August 14th, 2007, 03:40 PM
Average margin of victory in the last three UD/UNH games... 2.3 xthumbsupx

Agreed...I'll ultimately be in panic attack mode from the get-go. It's the first BIG home game of the season for UNH, since they open with Dartmouth.

lizrdgizrd
August 14th, 2007, 04:49 PM
Here's my ASU Homer prediction! :D

9/1 @ Michigan: Great first half. Mountaineers start the 3rd down by just 4 points. After going up 24-21 late in the 3rd the Blue Hens - I mean Wolverines - pull ahead and win 35-24. Much blue-bedecked head-wagging and grousing commences as the Big House empties.

9/8 vs. Lenoir Rhyne: Our 2nd and 3rd stringers have some fun with our neighbors and pull out a modest 48-6 win. Welcome back, LR!

9/15 vs. Northern Arizona: The 'eers welcome our Big Sky brethren not only with open arms but also a wide open offense. The Fellers-of-Trees have to take that 2 hour bus ride back to Charlotte - just to get to their flight - with the weight of a 35-17 defeat on their shoulders.

9/22 @ Wofford: After last season's close game this one could go either way. Unfortunately Collier and Johnson are both sitting on the sidelines after injuries sustained in their amazing win over NC State. App pulls out the 17-13 win.

9/29 @ Elon: Just another day for the Mountaineers in Rhodes Stadium. App continues its dominance and breezes through a 35-10 win.

10/6 vs. Gardner Webb: ASU welcomes G-dub to The Rock to complete this Home & Home series. Homecoming is always a good crowd and spurs the boys in black to neuter the Bulldogs 56-13.

10/13 vs. BYE: Due to all the scheduling problems this year, ASU is forced to play a team with no losses in it's history. Only time will tell if The Rock has enough magic to help us win this week...

10/20 vs. Georgia Southern: The Eagles should be firing on all cylinders by this time of the season. New coach, old attitude. This should be a great game but homefield is going to prove too much of an advantage for the mountain men. ASU 30, GSU 24.

10/27 @ Furman: After last year's a$$ kicking, the Furples are looking for revenge. This year they're healthy again, but just can't stop the Black and Gold. ASU makes up some ground in the series with a 41-35 win in OT on a K-Rich breakaway 42 yard TD run.

11/3 @ The Citadel: Johnson Haygood gets a face-lift! A much improved Citadel team pushes ASU to the wall after the emotional FU game. We bend but don't break when Lawson is forced to attempt a 2pt conversion for the tie and stumble out with a 31-29 win.

11/10 vs. Western Carolina: The jug remains safe in Boone. Western does actually show up and make it interesting - final score: 37-27.

11/17 vs. UTC: The Mocs are improved over last season and are wishing they could have played this one at home. A nice high-scoring affair gets us tuned up and ready for the playoffs. ASU ends the regular season in 52-38 style.

Of course, I think Wofford's really going to be a test this season and one we might loose if they're healthy. I think we may have Furman's number right now so it'll be nice to add one to our side of the series record. I don't think GSU's going to be back up to par just yet, but they're hardly going to be pushovers. My homer picks set us up for a 10-1 season but I wouldn't be too upset with 9-2 as long as we don't loose to WCU. xthumbsupx

Freightliner
August 14th, 2007, 05:20 PM
09/01/07 vs Cal-Poly - LOSS -gonna be a good game, but Poly is just too good against a team that will be searching for a rhythm.

09/08/07 vs. Abilene Christian -WIN it's a DII game at Home - Wright will have them out for blood after the Cal Poly game.

09/15/07 at Baylor -LOSS - Sorry folks - Baylor is a LOT better than the 04 season.

09/22/07 at South Dakota St. -WIN (close game) This one is tough to call, We play LOUSY on the road and SDSU is an up and down team. Penalties and turnovers will be KEY in this game.

10/06/07 vs. McNeese State -WIN- This is probably gonna miff a few Cowboy fans but the Cats are 3-0 in the last 3 games against McNeese, the game is in SM, and Wright will have two weeks to get ready for the Pokes.

10/13/07 at Central Arkansas - LOSS - this game will be interesting. Conference opener for UCA - Crowd will be ready and so will UCA.

10/20/07 vs. Stephen F. Austin - WIN - Revenge for last year's "GREAT DIVIDE" play

10/27/07 at Northwestern State - LOSS - Cats have been lousy at Turpin, and the long trip wont help them either.

11/03/07 vs. Southeastern Louisiana - WIN - Lions have to make the long trip from Hammond again.

11/10/07 at Nicholls State - LOSS - It's Thibidoux, Senior Day, and a LONG drive for the Cats.

11/17/07 vs. Sam Houston State - WIN - Sorry Kat fans, Even with Bomar the Magnificent - Cats will force turnovers to win.

The record - 6-5 (SLC 4-3)

james_lawfirm
August 14th, 2007, 08:02 PM
10/27 @ Furman: After last year's a$$ kicking, the Furples are looking for revenge. This year they're healthy again, but just can't stop the Black and Gold. ASU makes up some ground in the series with a 41-35 win in OT on a K-Rich breakaway 42 yard TD run.

OK, while I think a 42 yd. TD run in OT sounds great, it is unlikely. Although, I guess you could have a 17 yard personal foul penalty from the 25 & then have your breakaway run.

But for the record, I voted for ASU after 3 OTs, 48 - 42!

SunCoastBlueHen
August 14th, 2007, 08:18 PM
OK, while I think a 42 yd. TD run in OT sounds great, it is unlikely. Although, I guess you could have a 17 yard personal foul penalty from the 25 & then have your breakaway run.

:p

McNeese75
August 14th, 2007, 09:08 PM
09/01/07 vs Cal-Poly - LOSS -gonna be a good game, but Poly is just too good against a team that will be searching for a rhythm.

09/08/07 vs. Abilene Christian -WIN it's a DII game at Home - Wright will have them out for blood after the Cal Poly game.

09/15/07 at Baylor -LOSS - Sorry folks - Baylor is a LOT better than the 04 season.

09/22/07 at South Dakota St. -WIN (close game) This one is tough to call, We play LOUSY on the road and SDSU is an up and down team. Penalties and turnovers will be KEY in this game.

10/06/07 vs. McNeese State -WIN- This is probably gonna miff a few Cowboy fans but the Cats are 4-0 in the last 4 games against McNeese, the game is in SM, and Wright will have two weeks to get ready for the Pokes.

10/13/07 at Central Arkansas - LOSS - this game will be interesting. Conference opener for UCA - Crowd will be ready and so will UCA.

10/20/07 vs. Stephen F. Austin - WIN - Revenge for last year's "GREAT DIVIDE" play

10/27/07 at Northwestern State - LOSS - Cats have been lousy at Turpin, and the long trip wont help them either.

11/03/07 vs. Southeastern Louisiana - WIN - Lions have to make the long trip from Hammond again.

11/10/07 at Nicholls State - LOSS - It's Thibidoux, Senior Day, and a LONG drive for the Cats.

11/17/07 vs. Sam Houston State - WIN - Sorry Kat fans, Even with Bomar the Magnificent - Cats will force turnovers to win.

Come on now, its only 3 in a row so far. Guess we will have to be happy with 10 -1 :D

(Did you get my PM with the phone number?)

slycat
August 15th, 2007, 01:07 AM

10/06/07 vs. McNeese State -WIN- This is probably gonna miff a few Cowboy fans but the Cats are 4-0 in the last 4 games against McNeese, the game is in SM, and Wright will have two weeks to get ready for the Pokes.

i agree with your guesses except i think we'll beat UCA. they lost too many senoirs IMO. the baylor game will be close cause baylor is going on a down year. yes they were better the last 2 seasons but hey lost all of the offensive weapons. im hoping for a good game.

Grizalltheway
August 15th, 2007, 04:46 AM

Well maybe if you participated in the playoffs we would!!!!!!!! :D ;)

Ronbo
August 15th, 2007, 05:58 AM
9/1 Griz 35 Southern Utah 10
9/8 Griz 52 Fort Lewis 0
9/15 Open
9/22 Griz 41 Albany 7
9/29 Griz 28 Weber State 10
10/6 Griz 35 Eastern Washington 17
10/13 Griz 38 @ Sacramento State 20
10/20 Griz 42 Northern Colorado 14
10/27 Griz 34 @ Northern Arizona 32
11/3 Griz 36 Portland State 31
11/10 Griz 28 @ Idaho State 14
11/17 Griz 24 @ Montana State 21

We should be favored in every game and any loss would be an upset. xnodx I know it's politically correct to list a loss or two on this thread but I just can't see one at this time. xsmiley_wix

11-0 and hmmm..... An ASU poster earlier says we won't get a top seed? At 10-1 we might not if there are two other 10-1's, except a MEAC team.

Brad82
August 15th, 2007, 06:01 AM
Fordham-W
Army-W
Delaware-W
Hofstra-W
Brown-W
JMU-L
Richmond-L
UNH-L
Umass-L
Maine-W
Northeastern-W

7-4

Ronbo
August 15th, 2007, 06:10 AM
9/15 @ EWU - W 37 - 21
9/29 @ SJSU - L 28 - 49
10/6 @ NDSU - L 24 - 31
10/20 @ SUU - W 38 - 28

Welcome to Washington Grizzly stadium on Thanksgiving weekend if you do that! xnodx

lizrdgizrd
August 15th, 2007, 08:01 AM

But for the record, I voted for ASU after 3 OTs, 48 - 42!
I was thinking more along the lines of a bad snap on 1st & 10 but a personal foul might work too. xpeacex

lizrdgizrd
August 15th, 2007, 08:02 AM
Fordham-W
Army-W
Delaware-W
Hofstra-W
Brown-W
JMU-L
Richmond-L
UNH-L
Umass-L
Maine-W
Northeastern-W

7-4
Which school is this for? xconfusedx

Brad82
August 15th, 2007, 08:06 AM
Rhody-7-4.

Cobblestone
August 15th, 2007, 08:11 AM
Rhody-7-4.

I like your optimism, just wish I could share in it.

Eaglesrus
August 15th, 2007, 08:40 AM
Hosting Georgia Southern- I'm much rather be playing the Bulldogs in September than in November this year. Coach Hatcher will have had some time to work out the bugs in his new system with the players. I don't know why, but for some reason we've just had GSU's number for the past several years, and I think we can carry it at least one more year.

Wofford 27, GSU 24.

xthumbsupx

Hey, is that some kind of dig, i.e. UGA Jr.? Surely you're not confusing us with the Citadel!

Freightliner
August 15th, 2007, 09:38 AM
Come on now, its only 3 in a row so far. Guess we will have to be happy with 10 -1 :D

(Did you get my PM with the phone number?)

Whoops - sorry...will edit that out.

Yeah - got it - Thanks!

GoldandBlack
August 15th, 2007, 09:55 AM
Hey, is that some kind of dig, i.e. UGA Jr.? Surely you're not confusing us with the Citadel!

My bad- I shouldn't try to type and think at the same time- Eagles it is, and has always been.

I would NEVER confuse GSU and The Citadel with each other (you guys don't march anywhere near as good as they do-)xsmiley_wix

SBUFAN33
August 15th, 2007, 10:46 AM
week 1. home opener v.s. G'Town - the wolves are looking for revenge and will get it
SB 31 - G'Town 7

week 2. @ bucknell - Defense dominates this game
SB 21 - Bucknell 6

week 3. @ youngstown state - probably the toughest game on the schedule but the wolves will make it a game
SB 14 Youngstown 28

week 4. v.s. Monmouth - it seem likes the home teams always loses this game but not this year, the wolves well excel pass all NEC competitors
SB 24 - Monmouth 7

week 5. @ Hofstra - after suffer a loss at the brook last season, this will b the year where bragging rights will go to suffolk county
SB 21 - Hofstra 17

postin the rest later

Black Saturday
August 15th, 2007, 12:21 PM
I was thinking more along the lines of a bad snap on 1st & 10 but a personal foul might work too. xpeacex

Last time we played at FU a bad snap for about -35 yds probably stopped a scoring drive. :(

BearsCountry
August 15th, 2007, 12:34 PM
Missouri State

UMR - W
@Tennessee-Martin
@Kansas State - L
Central Arkansas
@Youngstown State - L
Illinois State - L
@Western Illinois
@Southern Illinois - L
Indiana State - W
Northern Iowa - L
Southeast Missouri State - W

Games in bold are swing games, could go either way.

AggieFinn
August 15th, 2007, 02:29 PM
Welcome to Washington Grizzly stadium on Thanksgiving weekend if you do that! xnodx

I'll be there if we do xnodx

GeeWiz
August 15th, 2007, 03:22 PM
Sept. 1 at Northwestern - L
Wildcats will be up for this one. Don't want a repeat of UNH

Sept. 8 RICHMOND - W
Spiders won a close one in Richmond last yr., Huskies return the favor

Sept. 15 NORTHWESTERN STATE - W
First time playing at Parsons Field ... won't know what hit them.

Sept. 22 at UC Davis W
Upset of NU's season.

Oct. 6 JAMES MADISON - W
REVENGE game for NU

Oct. 13 at Delaware - L
Always lose there.

Oct. 20 at Massachusetts - L
See Delaware ...

Oct. 27 MAINE - W
Huskies eek out a win on last second FG

Nov. 3 at New Hampshire L
NU loses a close one

Nov. 10 HOFSTRA - W
NU too tough at home

Nov. 17 at Rhode Island - W
Five wins in a row and eight out of last 10 vs. Rams ... nuff said

7-4 xthumbsupx

trouthunter
August 15th, 2007, 04:38 PM
Texas A&M: Big stadium, big players, Big12. A&M wins 34-10

Dixie State: MSU gets a week to recover from A&M, is at home, and is pumped in front of a very large crowd. MSU wins 35-13

Weber State: Defense keeps MSU in the game, gets a late score to put it away. MSU wins 17-14.

Idaho State: Another home game in front of another even larger crowd, homecoming game. Defense AND offense find new gears. MSU rolls 35-17.

Southern Utah: The T-birds are already beaten up after playing at UM, McNeese, and SIU. MSU takes another one 33-17.

Eastern Warshington: MSU veterans remember the injustices of two previous games with EWU. MSU wins 27-17.

Sac St.: MSU wins, I don't really even care by how much, but they win.

UNC: Defense and offense are now in a solid rhythm, but UNC plays an inspired game at home and keeps it tight. MSU 20-17.

NAU: MSU puts up some big offensive numbers, but NAU finds a way to get past the MSU defense. NAU wins 42-38.

PSU: MSU rebounds from the NAU loss to put up a great game vs. PSU. Defense shuts down the run n' shoot, but PSU finds a way. PSU wins 20-17. (you ain't puttin' up 30+ pts on MSU this year psufan10)

UM: Bobcats remember last season's finale and make up for it by running back the opening kickoff (again), putting up a great effort on both sides of the ball, and wins the game to get into the playoffs. MSU 27-20.

Three loses, AND beating the Griz, pretty ambitious for a new coach xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx

mvemjsunpx
August 15th, 2007, 04:50 PM
Montana's schedule:

vs. Southern Utah - Offense is on fire out of the gate, but defense has some pass defense issues… 17-44 W

vs. Ft. Lewis (DII) - They probably won't waive the white flag in the 4th. this time, but it's still a laugher… 7-55 W

vs. Albany - The Griz won 45-7 in 2002 & Albany went on to win the NEC. The Danes are actually better than that now, but still not in UM's league… 10-31 W

vs. Weber St. - Won't be as quite as close as last year's Ogden shootout… 20-34 W

vs. Eastern Washington - Griz get revenge for home loss in 2005… 21-37 W

@ Sacramento St. - First road game in mid-October? Anyway, another easy win over the Hornets… 36-3 W

vs. Northern Colorado - Not too difficult… 3-39 W

@ Northern Arizona - The last time NAU thought they could beat the Griz in the Skydome, they lost 59-21… 41-28 W

vs. Portland St. - Seriously, why are their uniforms gray now? Anyway, the Vikings always get killed in Missoula… 24-49 W

@ Idaho St. - Griz will have letdown, but not enough to lose… 30-23 W

@ Montana St. - Should be another defensive slugfest… 17-9 W

Griz finish 11-0 (8-0) & get a top-2 seed.

SactoHornetFan
August 15th, 2007, 06:10 PM
9/15 @ EWU - W 37 - 21
9/29 @ SJSU - L 28 - 49
10/6 @ NDSU - L 24 - 31
10/20 @ SUU - W 38 - 28

You think our defense, which is even better than last year's is going to give up 49 points to you, at our place. No offense, but, our "D" only gave up 23 points to you, and we held ucd to 293 yards on offense. Sorry AF, but that's not going to happen.

CopperCat
August 15th, 2007, 06:22 PM
Three loses, AND beating the Griz, pretty ambitious for a new coach xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx

You seriously underestimate Ash.

CatFan22
August 15th, 2007, 06:36 PM
You seriously underestimate Ash.

One of the MANY.

CopperCat
August 15th, 2007, 07:28 PM
One of the MANY.

Not to mention the rest of his coaching staff AND all the returning talent we have. Naysayers aplenty when it comes to MSU.xrolleyesx

Seawolf97
August 15th, 2007, 08:52 PM
week 1. home opener v.s. G'Town - the wolves are looking for revenge and will get it
SB 31 - G'Town 7

week 2. @ bucknell - Defense dominates this game
SB 21 - Bucknell 6

week 3. @ youngstown state - probably the toughest game on the schedule but the wolves will make it a game
SB 14 Youngstown 28

week 4. v.s. Monmouth - it seem likes the home teams always loses this game but not this year, the wolves well excel pass all NEC competitors
SB 24 - Monmouth 7

week 5. @ Hofstra - after suffer a loss at the brook last season, this will b the year where bragging rights will go to suffolk county
SB 21 - Hofstra 17

postin the rest later

I like your optimism. Went to see the afternoon pratice session today- they looked pretty good:) :)

Cap'n Cat
August 15th, 2007, 09:00 PM
Northern Iowa will lose to someone they shouldn't, like every *****ing year. This year, I say Missouri State surprises them at Springfield. 10-1, #1 seed.

Montana? 7-4 at best.

xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

james_lawfirm
August 15th, 2007, 09:09 PM
Not to mention the rest of his coaching staff AND all the returning talent we have. Naysayers aplenty when it comes to MSU.xrolleyesx

Nay. Nay. Count me in.

hawkeye
August 15th, 2007, 09:19 PM
Sat, Sep 1 TBA at Southern Mississippi
We play them good the first half, but they show us why they won the C-USA last year 42-14 L
Thu, Sep 6 6:00 PM Missouri State
Don't know much about them, but looking at their schedule/results from last year, and seeing who they have returning, i see the home opener as an easy win 35-7 W
Sat, Sep 15 6:00 PM at Central Arkansas
Sat, Sep 22 6:00 PM at Austin Peay*
Their second year back, great to have them back, will be a good game, but it still takes time to catch up. 35-28 W
Thu, Sep 27 6:00 PM Tennessee Tech*
Will be looking for vengeance after last years loss, but it isn't enough to beat us at home. 14-3 W
Thu, Oct 4 6:00 PM at Jacksonville State*
Very Iffy about this one. Close loss on a thursday night. 21-17 L
Sat, Oct 13 2:00 PM Samford* Homecoming
See Ya! J/k J/k. Close game last year when it shouldn't have been. Come up big on homecoming night! 38-10 W
Sat, Oct 20 TBA at Eastern Illinois*
Ugh... Great game last year on homecoming. This one might be better. The winner of this wins the OVC Championship. UNDECIDED
Sat, Oct 27 TBA Southeast Missouri*
Get pumped up after last weeks game(Hopefully). 21-7 W
Sat, Nov 10 TBA Murray State*
Griffin comes back to an unpleasant Martin, TN. Just like last year, we put it on 'em. 35-3 W
Sat, Nov 17 12:30 PM at Tennessee State*
Will be nice to take home the first ever York Trophy! 14-3 W

Overall I predict an 8-2 season w/ one undecided game. Will be a great season! :)

Very close indeed. I do see the TN State game somewhat closer. As for the season opener, we have almost half of the coaching staff from Southern Mississippi. A coming home party. USM has death row after UT Martin but regardless, may not be pretty. Remember our struggle with Ohio University last year. Southern Ms had no problem with Ohio in their bowl game. I see 8-3, 7-4.

hawkeye
August 15th, 2007, 09:28 PM
Missouri State

UMR - W
@Tennessee-Martin
@Kansas State - L
Central Arkansas
@Youngstown State - L
Illinois State - L
@Western Illinois
@Southern Illinois - L
Indiana State - W
Northern Iowa - L
Southeast Missouri State - W

Games in bold are swing games, could go either way.

Ok then I will swing you to an L at UT Martin-xlolx

CrazyCat
August 15th, 2007, 09:41 PM
Nay. Nay. Count me in.

Thats no surprise.

Weems
August 15th, 2007, 11:10 PM
Very close indeed. I do see the TN State game somewhat closer. As for the season opener, we have almost half of the coaching staff from Southern Mississippi. A coming home party. USM has death row after UT Martin but regardless, may not be pretty. Remember our struggle with Ohio University last year. Southern Ms had no problem with Ohio in their bowl game. I see 8-3, 7-4.

I agree, but it might not be THAT bad lol. Seeing that it is the season opener. I'm looking forward to it. Are you heading down to USM for the game? My goal is to make it to all of the games, excluding the Jacksonville State game seeing that it is on TR and we have class :(

AggieFinn
August 16th, 2007, 02:37 PM
You think our defense, which is even better than last year's is going to give up 49 points to you, at our place. No offense, but, our "D" only gave up 23 points to you, and we held ucd to 293 yards on offense. Sorry AF, but that's not going to happen.

I was accounting for half of those points being due to offensive blunders by Sac. Sorry for the confusion.

p.s. - we have a defense too, AND an offense. I sincerely hope though, that Sperbeck gets Big Sac back into the Big Sky hunt.

appfan2008
August 16th, 2007, 02:40 PM
as an asu fan/student i say we will go 9-2 with loses at michigan and somewhere in the state of south carolina.... either furman, wofford or citidal which should all be reasonably tough games on the road

hawkeye
August 16th, 2007, 03:21 PM
I agree, but it might not be THAT bad lol. Seeing that it is the season opener. I'm looking forward to it. Are you heading down to USM for the game? My goal is to make it to all of the games, excluding the Jacksonville State game seeing that it is on TR and we have class :(

A fine student you are. Yes indeed. I will be at every single gamexthumbsupx

Laserlips
August 16th, 2007, 06:17 PM
[QUOTE=james_lawfirm

Oct. 20 - ASU vs. Georgia Southern - Both teams get their pants muddy (interesting concept on field turf) Apps welcome GaSo's new coach with a welcome he won't forget, 48 - 10.
[QUOTE]

When's the last time ASU beat GSU by 38 points?

You guys are riding high right now, and you are making the SOCON look real good. But don't start believing your own hype..

App State is good, I'll give you that.. But our Eagles played your guys into double overtime last season led by the most incompetent head coach in GSU history, and probably the worse head coach in the history of the SOCON, and in the worse season for GSU football in modern times.

If you think a GSU team led by Head Coach Chris Hatcher is gonna be whipped by 38 points this season you are going to be in for a shock..

Lets get back here again after that game..

IF APP beats GSU by 38 points I'll be more than happy to offer you an apology..

IF that doesn't happen I'm sure you'll do the same? xeyebrowx

I'd be real curious to find out how many folks that read this post think App State will whip GSU by 30+ points..

We'll see.

Best Wishes,

J. Pomeroy

james_lawfirm
August 16th, 2007, 08:21 PM
When's the last time ASU beat GSU by 38 points?

You guys are riding high right now, and you are making the SOCON look real good. But don't start believing your own hype..

App State is good, I'll give you that.. But our Eagles played your guys into double overtime last season led by the most incompetent head coach in GSU history, and probably the worse head coach in the history of the SOCON, and in the worse season for GSU football in modern times.

If you think a GSU team led by Head Coach Chris Hatcher is gonna be whipped by 38 points this season you are going to be in for a shock..

Lets get back here again after that game..

IF APP beats GSU by 38 points I'll be more than happy to offer you an apology..

IF that doesn't happen I'm sure you'll do the same? xeyebrowx

I'd be real curious to find out how many folks that read this post think App State will whip GSU by 30+ points..

We'll see.

Best Wishes,

J. Pomeroy

Pomeroy:

No need to apologize, but if we meet in Boone, I will gladly buy you a beer regardless of the score.

I was at that game last year. Whew! I was exhausted just watching it. I understand what you are saying.

I think two things work very strongly in ASU's favor this year. 1) We are at OUR HOUSE this year. GaSo's welcome to THE ROCK will be similar to ASU's welcome to Statesboro - Loud and Partisan. 2) No coach can step into a program placed in turmoil by his predecessor and do very well the first year out. Mack Brown himself was 6 - 5 his only year at ASU (He's done pretty well since.) And I wish Coach Hatcher the best. But he is facing a VERY experienced Coach and Staff (with pretty good players to boot), up in Boone.

It might not be by 38 points, but I really don't think it will be close this year. I must confess that I made that post you were replying to after watching the replay of the '06 Nat'l Championship game, so perhaps I was a tad hyped. Wow! I was there and it's still fun to see it again.

Hope to see you at THE ROCK!

Laserlips
August 16th, 2007, 08:40 PM
Pomeroy:

No need to apologize, but if we meet in Boone, I will gladly buy you a beer regardless of the score.

I was at that game last year. Whew! I was exhausted just watching it. I understand what you are saying.

I think two things work very strongly in ASU's favor this year. 1) We are at OUR HOUSE this year. GaSo's welcome to THE ROCK will be similar to ASU's welcome to Statesboro - Loud and Partisan. 2) No coach can step into a program placed in turmoil by his predecessor and do very well the first year out. Mack Brown himself was 6 - 5 his only year at ASU (He's done pretty well since.) And I wish Coach Hatcher the best. But he is facing a VERY experienced Coach and Staff (with pretty good players to boot), up in Boone.

It might not be by 38 points, but I really don't think it will be close this year. I must confess that I made that post you were replying to after watching the replay of the '06 Nat'l Championship game, so perhaps I was a tad hyped. Wow! I was there and it's still fun to see it again.

Hope to see you at THE ROCK!

james_lawfirm:

Well, we'll just have to wait and see I guess... I'm well aware that the "home field advantage" works both ways, and our Eagles always have it hard at your place..

But I truthfully think you are selling our new head Coach Chris Hatcher AND the guys on the GSU team a bit short.

Last season the truth is that most of the players hated BVG... He was not a motivator in any sense of the word. BVG has one forte', and that's personal EGO.. Beyond that he honestly has very little head coaching ability. He was very good at pointing the finger of blame everywhere but at himself, and truthfully he deserved a large portion of that blame.

Coach Hatcher and his staff have brought new life and joy of playing to the GSU football program. Coach Hatcher is first and foremost a winner.. He is a "people person" and he is leading the GSU faithful back to the promised land of winning... The very same path in the opposite direction the dearly departed BVG took the team down last season.

I will be the first to admit that Coach Hatcher has a tremendous job on his hands after the past few seasons of GSU Eagle decline.. But I don't doubt for one second he will surprise the SOCON this season with the quality of his coaching skills, and of making the most of the players we have.. In a couple of seasons after he has his recruits in place and his system clicking I think GSU will again be a powerhouse in the SOCON. I don't mean we will beat everyone, everytime... But I honestly believe that once again folks won't look forward to playing GSU in general, and GSU in Paulson Stadium in particular.

If you had told any GSU fan before the beginning of that goat rope we call last season that we would have been 3-8, when the previous season, under a weak coach, we were 8-3 they would have laughed in your face..

The only thing I have to go on with MY prediction that our GSU Eagles will have a very good season, even in Coach Hatcher's first year as head coach, is the atmosphere surrounding the program.. It is diametrically the opposite of last seasons.. We seem to have been extremely fortunate to have acquired good recruits, and yes, D1 transfers..Our football program HAD good athletes last season, who were sadly misused,and many of those are back.. Coach Hatcher is not stupid, as was BVG, and he will get the most out of those players, as opposed to the "least" as BVG did last year.

Perhaps it's just GSU "homer" in me, but hey, I'm with my Eagles win or
lose, and I think we are seriously going to surprise some folks this season..

I do appreciate your courteous response..

Best Wishes,

J. Pomeroy

GeauxLions94
August 16th, 2007, 08:51 PM
Southeastern Louisiana
We'll definitely be much more competitive than we were last season. But we're also very young.

Aug. 30
at New Mexico State - L, though would really like to beat Mumme

Sept. 8
at Kansas - L, Rock Chalk Chickenhawk! Will not be as bad as last season at Texas Tech (I sure hope so)

Sept. 15
vs. Kentucky Wesleyan - W, like West Georgia ... a very bad DII

Sept. 22
at Tulane - L, though will be very close

Oct. 6
vs. Stephen F. Austin - L, Southall and Runnels too much for Lions again

Oct. 13
at Northwestern State - L, SLU does not play well in "Meat Pie" Land. Game will be close

Oct. 20
vs. Central Arkansas - W, SLU wins nailbiter against talented Bears

Oct. 27
at McNeese State - Lean L, Which SLU team comes to play? The first half team that played one of its better halves of the season and led 13-3 at the break ... or the second half team that gave up four quick scores off TO's and lost 34-13???

Nov. 3
at Texas State - Lean L, Someday ... SLU has to get a win over the Cats

Nov. 10
vs. Sam Houston State - Lean W ... in a shootout with Bomar and Co.

Nov. 17
vs. Nicholls State - Lean W ... If we can stop Cole and Tobias ... the River Bell finally comes back to Hammond

FINAL RECORD - Anywhere from 2-9 to 6-5

lizrdgizrd
August 17th, 2007, 09:21 AM
I think it could happen, but I don't think it's likely. GSU is definitely not going to go down without a fight. But a few key injuries and a couple of blown coverages could end up costing big at KB. xpeacex

BULLDOG8180
August 17th, 2007, 09:26 AM
Guys, I'm sorry.......but my mentality doesn't allow me to think we are going to lose any games!xeekx xeekx xeekx

Comes from my playing days I guess.xrotatehx

lizrdgizrd
August 17th, 2007, 09:35 AM
Guys, I'm sorry.......but my mentality doesn't allow me to think we are going to lose any games!xeekx xeekx xeekx

Is the same true after the season?

BULLDOG8180
August 17th, 2007, 10:05 PM
Is the same true after the season?

No, after the game reality sets in.xsmhx

ngineer
August 17th, 2007, 11:27 PM

No reason to apologize..As a former player I feel the same way. I look at a schedule and feel there is the potential to beat every opponent on it. Some will be tougher than others, but by playing to full potential an undefeated season has to be in your head or you're already beating yourself somewhere along the line. Realistically, I know there is the liklihood of a stumble, or two or three; but I'm not going to guess weeks or months in advance to whom that will occur, because the mindset is we can win every game on there and if you don't think so, there's no reason to show up.xnodx

AZGrizFan
August 17th, 2007, 11:31 PM
No reason to apologize..As a former player I feel the same way. I look at a schedule and feel there is the potential to beat every opponent on it. Some will be tougher than others, but by playing to full potential an undefeated season has to be in your head or you're already beating yourself somewhere along the line. Realistically, I know there is the liklihood of a stumble, or two or three; but I'm not going to guess weeks or months in advance to whom that will occur, because the mindset is we can win every game on there and if you don't think so, there's no reason to show up.xnodx

And I'm gonna bet there's at least one stumble in Montana's season. The most likely culprit being in Bozeman, since we get PSU, Weber and ISU at home. I guess there's a chance we lose in Flagstaff too.....

ngineer
August 17th, 2007, 11:36 PM
Harvard Crimson -

Harvard 7 & 2 …

Hah! Good one...do the Crimson win on a field goal or suicide squeeze in extra innings?;) :D

ngineer
August 17th, 2007, 11:38 PM

Hey if people aren't optimistic now, when?;)

th0m
August 18th, 2007, 08:20 AM
I guess it's time to expand the playoffs with so many winning teams ;) I guess I'll continue the trend then:

@ UNC - L
vs. UNH - W
vs. VMI - W
vs. CCU - W
vs. Villanova - W
@ Northeastern - W
@ Rhode Island - W
vs. Richmond - W
@ Delaware - L
@ W&M - W
vs. Towson - W

9-2. If UNH beats us, then that could change the whole outcome of the season, starting 0-2 regardless of who you're playing is just not gonna go over well. Then again, if we start 2-0 with this schedule, we'll be flying high.

Looking at the rest of the CAA teams, there's plenty of opportunity to drop a game, most notably against Northeastern or Towson IMO.

Spider
August 18th, 2007, 08:56 AM
[LIST=1]
Vandy - L
NE - W
Bucknell - W
NH - W
Towson - W
Stony Brook - W
RI - W
JMU - L
Nova - W
UD - L
W&M - W

TheValleyRaider
August 18th, 2007, 09:08 AM
For Colgate: 11-0, of course :D

Seriously though:
Albany L We never win the opener, and Albany's tough
Massachusetts W We'll surprise the Minutemen, and they've never won in Hamilton
at Dartmouth W Still avenging '04 xmadx
Fordham W As early as next year, this won't be so easy
Bucknell W This will be the one game I go to this year, they have to win xnodx
at Cornell L This hurts, but after last year, we'd have to be significantly improved to win here
Towson L Tigers never beat Colgate when in the PL, but two CAA wins would be a lot
at Lafayette W Order is restored to the universe ;)
Lehigh W I know I picked them to win the PL, but they can't beat us 4 in a row, right? Right?
at Georgetown W They're still a few years away
at Holy Cross W Games in Worcester have been pretty tight recently, but I think we get them again

So that's 8-3, 6-0 in League. Again, we could just as easily stumble against one of the PL teams (LC/LU, or possibly HC, Bucknell), or find ourselves 0-2 vs. the CAA, but what's the fun in not being optimistic?

Jag4Life
August 19th, 2007, 02:08 PM
FOR SU WE WILL LOSE TO ALCORN, MAYBE BUT I DON'T KNOW. I CAN'T SAY ANYTHING RIGHT NOW BUT RIGHT 11-1.

813Jag
August 19th, 2007, 02:35 PM
FOR SU WE WILL LOSE TO ALCORN, MAYBE BUT I DON'T KNOW. I CAN'T SAY ANYTHING RIGHT NOW BUT RIGHT 11-1.
I think we'll beat Alcorn, we're due to beat them. I think we have a chance in every game we play. How well we run the ball and the health of the O-Line will determine our record.

Jag4Life
August 19th, 2007, 03:12 PM
I think we'll beat Alcorn, we're due to beat them. I think we have a chance in every game we play. How well we run the ball and the health of the O-Line will determine our record.

Yep. True and do you have the 2003 Championship? I been dying to get that game. xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx

Spider
August 19th, 2007, 08:27 PM
I think we will be 8-3, losing only to Vandy, JMU and UD......xthumbsupx

DFW HOYA
August 19th, 2007, 09:09 PM
at Georgetown W They're still a few years away

I heard that seven years ago. :(

bcrawf
August 19th, 2007, 10:10 PM
UNI

vs. Minnesota State- UNI crushes Hayden Fox and his Screaming Eaglesxlolx I pity this poor DII team coming to the Dome after what happened to UNI against UND last year. UNI 52 MSU 13

@ Iowa State- This Iowa State team is going to be horrible. UNI was a missed FG away from a win last year and I really think UNI makes a statement in this one. UNI 34 ISU 21

@ S. Dakota St.- UNI goes to Brookings and has a tough time with a very good future Gateway member. UNI comes out on top in a great finish. UNI 27 SDSU 24

@ Drake- Going to Des Moines (AGAIN!) because we were desperate for an 11th game. UNI Big- UNI 52 DU 7

@ Illinois State- On the road for the 4th straight week. UNI tends to beat the better teams in the Gateway and then give one away later that they shouldn't. I think this ISU team is a bit overrated after all of the talent they lost last year. UNI 35 ISU 24

vs. Southern Illinois- Back home in the Dome for Homecoming. UNI-SIU is always a war and this one will be no different. 15,000+ in the Dome make the difference. UNI 42 SIU 38

@ Western Illinois- This is the one that UNI gives away. Good game that UNI gives away in the second half WIU 27 UNI 21

vs. Youngstown State- UNI is so in YSU's heads about playing in the Dome. They pump in crowd noise in a small gym for practice. YSU loses the game before they ever get off the plane. UNI 34 YSU 21

@ Missouri State- Farley takes TA to the woodshed again. UNI cruises. UNI 42 MSU 13

vs. Indiana State- UNI Big again. ISU is bad. Really Really Bad... UNI 56 ISU 6

vs. Southern Utah- SUU's incredible schedule will have long caught up with them by the time they get to Cedar Falls. Sanders and most of the number one's play about a quarter. UNI 31 SUU 10

So 10-1. This UNI team has a very quiet confidence about them, a lot like the '05 team. This time the road to Chatty comes through the Dome.

89Hen
August 20th, 2007, 10:50 AM
I am sticking with 9-2

so all in all, at best 10-1, at worst 8-3

I think we win a definite nine games

11-0 or 10-1.

8-3

playoffs

Playoffs!

Undefeated.

Final Record 8-3

So 9-2, 7-1

9-2 You heard it here first.xthumbsupx

Season record- 8-3

8-3

10-1, #1 seed

I guess it's time to expand the playoffs with so many winning teams ;) I guess I'll continue the trend then: 9-2.

So that's 8-3, 6-0 in League.

8-3, losing only to Vandy, JMU and UD......xthumbsupx

th0m had it right. Playoff selection is going to be a bitsh this year with everyone going 8-3 or better. xeyebrowx

Ivytalk
August 20th, 2007, 10:56 AM
th0m had it right. Playoff selection is going to be a bitsh this year with everyone going 8-3 or better. xeyebrowx

To paraphrase Garrison Keillor of Lake Wobegon fame: "AGS: A Land Where All Teams Are Above Average!" :D :p xlolx

Mountain Panther
August 20th, 2007, 11:00 AM
So 10-1. This UNI team has a very quiet confidence about them, a lot like the '05 team. This time the road to Chatty comes through the Dome.

Pretty much my thoughts, although I think the Iowa State game will be closer and our Gateway loss is more likely to come against IlSt, YSU or SIU. Hopefully we can get out of the conference with only one loss.

TheCatamount
August 20th, 2007, 12:58 PM
09/01/07 at Alabama L
09/08/07 at Eastern Kentucky W
09/15/07 at Georgia L
09/22/07 vs. Presbyterian W
09/29/07 at Georgia Southern L
10/06/07 vs. Elon W
10/13/07 at Chattanooga W
10/20/07 vs. The Citadel W
10/25/07 vs. Wofford L
11/03/07 vs. BYE WEEK
11/10/07 at Appalachian State L
11/17/07 vs. Furman L

5-6

Ruler 79
August 20th, 2007, 02:08 PM

Don't forget 11-0 Albany

TheValleyRaider
August 20th, 2007, 02:46 PM

Sounds like a clear argument for Playoff expansion to me xnodx :p

cowbellnation
August 21st, 2007, 01:55 PM
SDSU 9-2

at Western Illinois, Parker Douglass for the WIN 17-14

at Youngstown State, Jack's play tough at a tough place to place in Youngstown LOSE 24-14

Northern Iowa (Cereal Bowl), Old NCC foes face off at Coughlin for the start of an exciting three game homestand, Jacks WIN 28-10

Texas State (Beef Bowl), consistently successful and consistent good crowds at the Beef Bowl, Jacks WIN 28-6

Stephan F. Austin (Hobo Day), people say SFA is a sleeper this season, well the other Jacks haven't faced a Hobo Day crowd, SDSU Players on Hobo Day, or just Hobo Day, Jacks WIN easy in front of 16,000+ 38-13

at Georgia Southern, we've been wanting this one since they blew us out 3 years ago, Jacks WIN in a great one 24-21

Cal Poly, Cal Poly can't run against the far superior SDSU D-Line, Jacks WIN 17-10

at UC Davis, the Aggies are gonna be fired up, just as exciting as last year, but Jacks LOSE 22-21 (Same score as Hobo Day 2006 just reversed)

at Central Arkansas, well the Bears got our little sister to the south last year at their house, but not us Jacks WIN 35-14

Southern Utah, the T-Birds gotta another tough one coming, 16,000+ for 7-2 Rabbits, Jacks WIN 49-10

NDSU, the Bison are gonna be tough, but we've been waiting for 2 years for them come down to the party in Brookings, we are gonna do what they've done to us for 2 years now, outside (where football should be played), in 15 degree South Dakota November, in the snow, in front of 16,000+ Marker hungry fans and cowbells, Jacks WIN 38-10

Jacks bring home the marker and the GWFC title

AggieFinn
August 21st, 2007, 02:23 PM
SDSU 9-2
at UC Davis, the Aggies are gonna be fired up, just as exciting as last year, but Jacks LOSE 22-21 (Same score as Hobo Day 2006 just reversed)
NDSU, the Bison are gonna be tough, but we've been waiting for 2 years for them come down to the party in Brookings, we are gonna do what they've done to us for 2 years now, outside (where football should be played), in 15 degree South Dakota November, in the snow, in front of 16,000+ Marker hungry fans and cowbells, Jacks WIN 38-10

I've drunk some Kool-Aid in my time brutha, but you need detox. The last time the Jacks played in Davis it was 52-0 Ags, granted times change, but I think you'll see how up for our HOMECOMING game the Aggies will be. As for the NDSU game, well we'll see, that's a pretty big spread, your defense better be on another level for an effort like that. Keep ringin' that Cow Bell, I'll do the same! Please come to Davis, we treat the opposition's fans really well!!! xnodx

http://athletics.ucdavis.edu/FOOTBALL/Photo_Gallery/2004games/sdsu08.jpg

bobbythekidd
August 21st, 2007, 02:37 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/9/97/Cowbell2.jpg/180px-Cowbell2.jpg

More cowbell!

cowbellnation
August 21st, 2007, 02:48 PM
aggiefin, that 52-0 blow out was the first ever D-1 football game for SDSU, the Jacks have gone 2-0 since then against the Aggies, and only one of those games was in Brookings, Hey I did give the Aggies the nod though so that has to make you happy

bisonmike
August 21st, 2007, 02:54 PM
SDSU 9-2

I respect the Jacks but there is no way you hold NDSU to 10 points while putting up 38. If, and it's a big if, you pull one out in Brookings it will be by a much closer margain.

cowbellnation
August 21st, 2007, 03:06 PM
hey u got us big 2 years ago, and it might of been close last year, but we are due, its only a fun prediction, dont get your panties in a knot tundra humper, oops did i say that

McNeese75
August 21st, 2007, 04:07 PM
SDSU 9-2

at Western Illinois, Parker Douglass for the WIN 17-14

at Youngstown State, Jack's play tough at a tough place to place in Youngstown LOSE 24-14

Northern Iowa (Cereal Bowl), Old NCC foes face off at Coughlin for the start of an exciting three game homestand, Jacks WIN 28-10

Texas State (Beef Bowl), consistently successful and consistent good crowds at the Beef Bowl, Jacks WIN 28-6

Stephan F. Austin (Hobo Day), people say SFA is a sleeper this season, well the other Jacks haven't faced a Hobo Day crowd, SDSU Players on Hobo Day, or just Hobo Day, Jacks WIN easy in front of 16,000+ 38-13

at Georgia Southern, we've been wanting this one since they blew us out 3 years ago, Jacks WIN in a great one 24-21

Cal Poly, Cal Poly can't run against the far superior SDSU D-Line, Jacks WIN 17-10

at Central Arkansas, well the Bears got our little sister to the south last year at their house, but not us Jacks WIN 35-14

Southern Utah, the T-Birds gotta another tough one coming, 16,000+ for 7-2 Rabbits, Jacks WIN 49-10

:D Well you certainly stirred the pot on what was a boring afternoon xlolx

OL FU
August 21st, 2007, 04:27 PM
All I can say is that it is a good thing SDSU isn't eligible for the playoffs. So far we have about 25 teams in the field of 16xnodx

bisonwest
August 21st, 2007, 07:04 PM
SFA 27-10 W ( Tough physical game, Bison pull away late.)

Sam Houston 35- 28 W (Bomar's first FCS test, Bison eek it out int the 4th)

C. Michigan 29-31 L (Late Bison rally comes up short.)

W. Illinois 33-7 W (Tougher game than the score indicates, big second half for Bison.)

UC-Davis 24-21 W (Aggies give Bison a scare on homecoming)

Miss. Valley St. 40-6 W (BISON DOMINATION!)

Minnesota 20-17 W (Metrodome renamed Fargodome south!:D )

S. Utah 45-13 W (Bison way too much for Thunderbirds.)

Illinois St. 27-23 W (Back and forth all day,Bison have last laugh.)

Cal-Poly 20-21 L (Mustangs still feel the sting from last year and get thier revenge)

SDSU 31-25 W (Rabbits look to take back the Marker after a two year absence. The Marker stays at home another year!xlolx )

9-2 GWFC CHAMPIONS!!

AggieFinn
August 21st, 2007, 10:31 PM
aggiefin, that 52-0 blow out was the first ever D-1 football game for SDSU, the Jacks have gone 2-0 since then against the Aggies, and only one of those games was in Brookings, Hey I did give the Aggies the nod though so that has to make you happy

Hate to break it to you but we were only 1 year into reclassification. While it seems y'all have a better learning curve, when you come to Davis, you better come to play or just stay in Brookings and avoid the embarrassment. xsmiley_wix

cowbellnation
August 22nd, 2007, 09:05 AM
hey we come to play, we've won at tougher places to play, Southern, McNeese, Cal Poly, and only lost 7-0 at Montana 2 years ago, it's a whole new ballgame in 2007, should be an awesome game between two fine agricultural institutions

MSUfan2010
August 23rd, 2007, 12:53 AM
UMR -W-Division 2 school. They have had some upsets in the past of 1AA schools but not this year.

@Tennessee-Martin-W-Reminds me of our trip to Hampton a few years ago. Went there and pulled the upset as they started the season ranked as well I believe. Same here.

@Kansas State-L- One can wish right? Illinois State almost had them last year. KSU is a lot better, ISU(red) was a lot better last year then we will be this year.

Central Arkansas-W-Predicted that they would win last year based on being at home. Will do the same this year for the Bears. Should be a great game again. I hope this is a series that will last for years.

@Youngstown State-L-Not a chance. YSU will be one of the best again this year. Crazier things have happened though and if in fact we can start 3-1 can gain some great momentum, maybe, just maybe.

Illinois State-L-One of the games that I think we could pull another upset. Quite the program that is being built in Normal. The level we want to get to and just arent quite there yet.

@Western Illinois-W- First road win. The Leathernecks arent what they used to be.

@Southern Illinois-L-Again, based on how the season really turns out, if we can get some wins early this could be closer then expected.

Indiana State-W-Dont think we will be finding ourselves fighting with ISU(blue) to keep out of the celler. No brainer I think

Northern Iowa-L-If we do pull a conference upset this year, it will be this one.

SEMO-W-Dont know much about the Redhawks. But I do know that they have struggled like we have the past few years. Giving the Bears the nod based on playing at home.

All in all, 4-6 wins will not be a bad season and obviously we would be headed in the right direction after the way the past few years have turned out. TA is the right man for this program and I am excited for this and more upcoming years. Go Bears!

CrunchGriz
August 23rd, 2007, 01:58 AM
hey we come to play, we've won at tougher places to play, Southern, McNeese, Cal Poly, and only lost 7-0 at Montana 2 years ago, it's a whole new ballgame in 2007, should be an awesome game between two fine agricultural institutions

Just to note your selective use of games:

You did play the Griz to a close 7-0 loss in Missoula -- two years ago. What you didn't note is that the 2005 Griz had the most punchless UM offense in about 15 years.

Last year your Jacks lost 38-7 to the Griz in Missoula with the Griz using their 3rd string running back and backup QB (both due to injuries).

And putting the two together, you've managed 7 points against the Griz D in two years.

'Jus sayin'....

That being said, although not yet playoff caliber, SDSU is knocking on the door.

ccd494
August 23rd, 2007, 08:11 AM
Here's someone else to miss the playoffs...

W vs Monmouth
L @ Connecticut
L @ Villanova
L vs UMass
L @ Hofstra
W vs William and Mary
W @ Stony Brook
W @ Northeastern
W vs Towson
W vs Rhode Island
L @ New Hampshire

6-5 (4-4)

cowbellnation
August 23rd, 2007, 08:53 AM
Like I said it's a whole new ballgame in 2007, oh wait, that's right the griz aren't gonna make the trip to Brookings, and I don't care if it was your worst offense in a hundred years. Good God always looking for a way to make something that wasn't so great for your team, look better griz fans. You won, you should be happy. Worst offense, and let me guess, your gatorade wasn't calibrated for perfect griz rehydration that game also, give me a break.

CrunchGriz
August 23rd, 2007, 11:51 AM
Like I said it's a whole new ballgame in 2007, oh wait, that's right the griz aren't gonna make the trip to Brookings, and I don't care if it was your worst offense in a hundred years. Good God always looking for a way to make something that wasn't so great for your team, look better griz fans. You won, you should be happy. Worst offense, and let me guess, your gatorade wasn't calibrated for perfect griz rehydration that game also, give me a break.

Well, I'll agree with the first clause--it's a whole new ballgame in 2007. You could have just left it at that, instead of using a two-year-old Griz-SDSU game as an example of how well you play on the road. If you have to use this game as an example, be honest about the circumstances, anyway. Oh, yeah, you don't care--only the bare score matters.

In fact, as your first clause notes, that game (and UM's much-maligned refusal to go to SDSU, for that matter) has zero bearing on how well the Jacks will play on the road this year--different years, different teams.

But please, don't let facts get in your way. Fact: SDSU has scored a grand total of 7 points in the last two games the last two years in Missoula.

How this fact helps your argument that you're a great road team, I don't know.

Yeah, I'm happy the Griz won those two games.

And I did give you a break--I said that SDSU was knocking on the playoff door. What--you need an invitation? ;)

cowbellnation
August 23rd, 2007, 12:15 PM
i used the game from 2 years ago, becuz aggiefinn said that our lose to them 3 years ago is reason enough for us not to have a chance to win at davis. i thought and still think that our 7-0 lose to the griz, even if their offense wasn't up to griz standards, is something to proud of in only our 2nd year of existence in D1. thats why i used that game. sorry i don't want to pick a fight, even if i already did, lets just leave it here. hope to see the griz down the road, maybe we can come out on top 7-0.

CrunchGriz
August 23rd, 2007, 01:00 PM
i used the game from 2 years ago, becuz aggiefinn said that our lose to them 3 years ago is reason enough for us not to have a chance to win at davis. i thought and still think that our 7-0 lose to the griz, even if their offense wasn't up to griz standards, is something to proud of in only our 2nd year of existence in D1. thats why i used that game. sorry i don't want to pick a fight, even if i already did, lets just leave it here. hope to see the griz down the road, maybe we can come out on top 7-0.

Geez, cbn, listen to me blathering on about facts, and then I completely messed them up :( :

Last year we had our second-string QB and third-string RB against SDSU. In 2005 we had our second-string (freshman) QB, but our first-string RB.

Can this season just get started? Enough blather, already! ;)

cowbellnation
August 23rd, 2007, 02:02 PM
Exactly, let's get this season started, Western Illinois here we come, nice arguing with ya crunchgriz

SunCoastBlueHen
October 15th, 2007, 12:51 PM
For Delaware -

09-29 Monmouth W 31-21

10-27 at Navy L 21-28

Final Record 8-3

The scores are way off, but my pre-season W/L predictions have been right on so far. The remainder of the season looks reasonable, also.

Thought it might be fun for everyone to go back and look at your picks and compare.

lizrdgizrd
October 15th, 2007, 01:19 PM
Here's my ASU Homer prediction! :D

9/1 @ Michigan: Great first half. Mountaineers start the 3rd down by just 4 points. After going up 24-21 late in the 3rd the Blue Hens - I mean Wolverines - pull ahead and win 35-24. Much blue-bedecked head-wagging and grousing commences as the Big House empties.

Well, I had the head-wagging and grousing part right. Glad I was wrong about the final score. xthumbsupx

9/8 vs. Lenoir Rhyne: Our 2nd and 3rd stringers have some fun with our neighbors and pull out a modest 48-6 win. Welcome back, LR!

Well, they scored one more point than I thought they would. xeyebrowx

9/15 vs. Northern Arizona: The 'eers welcome our Big Sky brethren not only with open arms but also a wide open offense. The Fellers-of-Trees have to take that 2 hour bus ride back to Charlotte - just to get to their flight - with the weight of a 35-17 defeat on their shoulders.

I was off a little on the score, but not enough to make a difference.

9/22 @ Wofford: After last season's close game this one could go either way. Unfortunately Collier and Johnson are both sitting on the sidelines after injuries sustained in their amazing win over NC State. App pulls out the 17-13 win.

Guess I was right to worry about Wofford. :o xbawlingx

9/29 @ Elon: Just another day for the Mountaineers in Rhodes Stadium. App continues its dominance and breezes through a 35-10 win.

Turns out Elon has a football team this year. Good game and glad I got to make it. xthumbsupx

10/6 vs. Gardner Webb: ASU welcomes G-dub to The Rock to complete this Home & Home series. Homecoming is always a good crowd and spurs the boys in black to neuter the Bulldogs 56-13.

Same result, smaller score. :D

10/13 vs. BYE: Due to all the scheduling problems this year, ASU is forced to play a team with no losses in it's history. Only time will tell if The Rock has enough magic to help us win this week...

We managed to squeak by bye. :o

10/20 vs. Georgia Southern: The Eagles should be firing on all cylinders by this time of the season. New coach, old attitude. This should be a great game but homefield is going to prove too much of an advantage for the mountain men. ASU 30, GSU 24.

Looks like I was right about GSU getting into shape for this game. They're playing pretty good football right now, but as Foster goes, so goes GSU. Hope our defensive changes can stop him this week.

Looks like injuries aren't Furman's problems this season. Don't know what is, but I like our chances.

11/3 @ The Citadel: Johnson Haygood gets a face-lift! A much improved Citadel team pushes ASU to the wall after the emotional FU game. We bend but don't break when Lawson is forced to attempt a 2pt conversion for the tie and stumble out with a 31-29 win.

This is looking more and more possible every week. Citadel bent but didn't break against Furman although the loss to Wofford gives teams some ideas on how to contain the Cadets.

Note to citdog: If Citadel wins this game I'll start using a definite article before Citadel. xthumbsupx

11/10 vs. Western Carolina: The jug remains safe in Boone. Western does actually show up and make it interesting - final score: 37-27.

Not so sure about Western showing up for this one anymore. xcoolx

11/17 vs. UTC: The Mocs are improved over last season and are wishing they could have played this one at home. A nice high-scoring affair gets us tuned up and ready for the playoffs. ASU ends the regular season in 52-38 style.

Well, they've proven they can put points on the board but this one is going to come down to which UTC shows up.

Of course, I think Wofford's really going to be a test this season and one we might loose if they're healthy. I think we may have Furman's number right now so it'll be nice to add one to our side of the series record. I don't think GSU's going to be back up to par just yet, but they're hardly going to be pushovers. My homer picks set us up for a 10-1 season but I wouldn't be too upset with 9-2 as long as we don't loose to WCU. xthumbsupx

Looks like 10-1 or 9-2 are both possible this season. I think if we do drop another game it'll be on the road against a team with fabulous powder blue uniforms. xsmiley_wix