PDA

View Full Version : Student Tickets For Ohio State Football Game Sold Out (How are your BCS ticket sales)

BDK@YSU
August 13th, 2007, 06:13 PM
Youngstown State students arrived early Monday morning at the Athletic Department Ticket Office for their chance to purchase a coveted ticket to the Penguins' football contest at Ohio State on Sept. 1. Almost 300 students were in line at 9 a.m. when the office opened for business. All student tickets that were available have been sold.

The Good:
All student tickets that were available have been sold.

The Bad:
We can get that kind of interest for $60 tickets, yet we will get ~1,000 students to show up at our home games for $FREE tickets.

The Ugly:
Closet OSU fans, claiming that they love the Penguins.

This is a little different for us when compared to other BCS games, because quite a few YSU "fans" won't show up to games when a certain team from the State of Ohio is also playing.

Anyhow:
To those folks who will play a BCS team(s), have YOU sold your allotment of tickets?

catamount man
August 13th, 2007, 06:34 PM
Rumor has it we're only down to about 100 left for the Alabama game.xthumbsupx

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

TheBisonator
August 13th, 2007, 06:35 PM
NDSU @ Minnesota is close to a sellout. Which sucks, because I haven't gotten my tickets yet.:(

OSUPenguin
August 14th, 2007, 01:02 PM
The Good:
All student tickets that were available have been sold.

The Bad:
We can get that kind of interest for $60 tickets, yet we will get ~1,000 students to show up at our home games for $FREE tickets.

The Ugly:
Closet OSU fans, claiming that they love the Penguins.

This is a little different for us when compared to other BCS games, because quite a few YSU "fans" won't show up to games when a certain team from the State of Ohio is also playing.

Anyhow:
To those folks who will play a BCS team(s), have YOU sold your allotment of tickets?

Can't you be both??!? I grew up watching YSU football (originally from Youngstown), they were my first favorite team, and now I'm currently a student at OSU. But when it came down to OSU and YSU, I chose OSU because of academics and YSU didn't have my field of study.

I'm still contemplating wearing my YSU gear just for fun, even though I know they barely have a chance to win. xrotatehx

89Hen
August 14th, 2007, 01:09 PM
Delaware at Navy is normally their Homecoming, but they got tired of losing so they moved us to a week after their HC. So it may not sell-out but it will be close. I just tried booking seats and best I got was upper deck last section.