PDA

View Full Version : Still kickin': Griz punter Tyson Johnson is back after knee injury

CSN-info
August 12th, 2007, 04:00 PM
Still kickin': Griz punter Tyson Johnson is back after knee injury
The Missoulian - Missoula,MT,USA
... as fall camp picks up speed ahead of the 2007 opener against Southern Utah, the 195-pound Johnson is apparently 100 percent.
“It felt good right at the end of spring ball, and it's just gotten better and better since then,” said Johnson, who has ditched the knee brace he sported in April. “I'm doing pretty much what I normally do for camp. I'd say I'm right at where I should be.
“I've been kicking them just as far, just as high as ever.” ...
http://www.missoulian.com/articles/2007/08/12/sports/sports01.txt

Grizalltheway
August 12th, 2007, 04:41 PM
Great news! xhypedx xhypedx

Tod
August 12th, 2007, 08:52 PM
Yeah, he's a really good punter. Glad to have him back! xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

AZGrizFan
August 12th, 2007, 09:11 PM
Can he kick field goals? xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx

Tod
August 12th, 2007, 09:26 PM
Can he kick field goals? xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx

Why would that matter? Ever hear of Dan Carpenter? xconfusedx

2006: Carpenter had an outstanding season as a place-kicker and also handled the punting duties. He was a second team All-Big Sky pick at kicker for the third straight season, and was an honorable mention choice at punter. He was an Associated Press first team All-American selection.

He connected on 24-of-30 field goals and had four blocked. He averaged 41.9-yards on 62 punts. He led the nation in field goals, averaging 1.71 a game. He connected on at least one field goal in each of UM's 14 games. His punting average of 41.85 yards ranked him 14th in the FCS. He was ranked 20th in the country in scoring with 8.07 points a game. He tied his career-long record with a 50-yard field goal at Weber State.

2005: He was a second team All-Big Sky selection, and ranked 19th in the nation with 1.17 field goals a game. He had converted 67 straight PAT's dating back to the 2004 season but missed his fifth attempt against Fort Lewis in the season opener. He booted a career-long 50-yard field goal at Northern Arizona which ties him for the seventh longest in Griz history.

2004: As a true freshman, he connected on 18-of-29 of his field goal attempts, was a perfect 63-of-63 in PATs, and scored 123 points, the second most in school history and the 11th most in Big Sky annals. His 123 points trails only Snyder, who scored 124 points in 2003. He was a second team All-Big Sky pick and was ranked 16th in the nation in field goals (1.20 a game).

Tod
August 12th, 2007, 09:30 PM
Great news! xhypedx xhypedx

xbawlingx

Just testing the smilie...

Tod
August 12th, 2007, 09:31 PM
xbawlingx

Just testing the smilie...

Alright, why is the crying smilie suddently showing this? xlolx xlolx xlolx

DuckDuckGriz
August 12th, 2007, 09:31 PM
I remember when Tyson was in high school playing for Stevensville, which is the bitter rival of my high school (Hamilton). Anyway, we had not lost to them in something like 7 years and he was their do everything QB running all over us that night. I remember all of us wished every first down he got that he would break his legs......

So even though it came a few years too late I feel a little bad.