PDA

View Full Version : DELAWARE'S 2008 SKED..........AWK!

MR. CHICKEN
August 10th, 2007, 09:32 AM
TENTATIVE 12 GAME SKED FROM DUH MEDIA GUIDE........PER NEWS JOURNAL:

AUG 30th.....@ MARYLANDxeekx

SEPT 13th....WEST CHESTERxeekx

SEPT 20th....@ FURMANxeekx

SEPT 27th....ALBANYxeekx

OCT 4th........@UMA$$xeekx

OCT 11th.....MAINExeekx

OCT 18th.....WM. & MARYxeekx HOMECOMIN'

OCT 25th.....@HOFSTRAxeekx

NOV 1st.......@JMUxeekx

NOV 8th.......TOWSONxeekx

NOV 15th.....@RICHMONDxeekx

NOV 22nd.....VILLANOVAxeekx

NOV 27th.....?????????????????

WILL MISS DUH SEPT 27th PAYBACK.......MAH LITTLE DARLIN'.....GETTIN' MARRIED....................................xnodx.. ..BRAWK!

GRIZZWOLD'S.......WHAT UH REAL SKED LOOKS LIKE.............AWK/couldbeduhyear.edu!

bandl
August 10th, 2007, 09:38 AM

SEPT 27th....ALBANYxeekx
OCT 11th.....MAINExeekx
NOV 1st.......@JMUxeekx
NOV 22nd.....VILLANOVAxmadx

WILL MISS DUH SEPT 27th PAYBACK.......MAH LITTLE DARLIN'.....GETTIN' MARRIED....................................xnodx.. ..BRAWK!

That is one hell of a tough away schedule...xeekx Plus losing to Towson, Villanova and Albany at home again...playoffs are looking mighty tough to get to! xwhistlex :p

AZGrizFan
August 10th, 2007, 12:23 PM

SEPT 27th....ALBANYxeekx

OCT 11th.....MAINExeekx

NOV 1st.......@JMUxeekx

NOV 22nd.....VILLANOVAxeekx

GRIZZWOLD'S.......WHAT UH REAL SKED LOOKS LIKE.............AWK/couldbeduhyear.edu!

Griz go 10-2 with that schedule. xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx Losses @ UMass and @ JMU.

HensRock
August 10th, 2007, 12:28 PM
Griz go 10-2 with that schedule. xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx Losses @ UMass and @ JMU.

So... @Maryland and @Furman are just push-overs?

AZGrizFan
August 10th, 2007, 12:29 PM
So... @Maryland and @Furman are just push-overs?

:o :o :o :o :o

Sorry. Thought that said Mars-Hill.

OK. 9-3. Furman's a cakewalk. Everybody knows SoCon is a one team conference. ;)

bluehenbillk
August 10th, 2007, 12:40 PM
Not an easy slate for sure, hopefully 8-4 would be good enough for a playoff berth.

Go...gate
August 10th, 2007, 12:57 PM
That is a great schedule!

aceinthehole
August 10th, 2007, 01:41 PM
Does anyone know if Albany signed a 2-game deal or is this a new contract?

Ivytalk
August 10th, 2007, 02:07 PM
That looks very tough! I think 8-4 is a reasonable goal for '08.

henfan
August 10th, 2007, 02:18 PM
Does anyone know if Albany signed a 2-game deal or is this a new contract?

Two single-game deals from what I understand.

UncleSam
August 10th, 2007, 05:19 PM

Everyone knows that vs tough competition, Montana is very beatable outside Missoula and the Big Sky. After all, what have they won, maybe one playoff road game in recent memory??? The Griz lose at least four vs that UD schedule, probably @UM, @Furman, @UMass and @JMU.

Henny
August 10th, 2007, 05:25 PM
Mr Chicken with all respect let concern ourselves with 07. We have a lot of returnees in 08 excpt QB ans RB in 08 but the time is now!

RETURN TO GLORY 07 !!!!!

furman94
August 10th, 2007, 06:47 PM
UD comes to FU? Cool!

Tribe4SF
August 10th, 2007, 09:24 PM
Not an easy slate for sure, hopefully 8-4 would be good enough for a playoff berth.

8-4 probably won't do it. You've still got West Chester on there, leaving you 7-4 against FCS/FBS.

colgate13
August 10th, 2007, 10:31 PM
That is a great schedule!
Only if you've got a REALLY good team.

umassfan
August 11th, 2007, 12:23 AM
I just like the fact that Delaware comes to Amherst in OCT. I always make my trip home in OCT.

AZGrizFan
August 11th, 2007, 01:10 AM
Everyone knows that vs tough competition, Montana is very beatable outside Missoula and the Big Sky. After all, what have they won, maybe one playoff road game in recent memory??? The Griz lose at least four vs that UD schedule, probably @UM, @Furman, @UMass and @JMU.

I agree, tough competition. That's why I think they win the Furman and Maine games. xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

89Hen
August 11th, 2007, 09:27 AM
UD comes to FU? Cool!
How far is FU from Charlotte, NC? My brother just moved there yesterday and I hope we can come down next year.

LarryBoy
August 11th, 2007, 09:39 AM
I wouldn't want to play against Furman at Paladin Stadium, especially this year, but also next year. Even that "one team" from the "one-team conference" admits that.

How many teams does the Big Sky get into the playoffs on a yearly basis?

Yeah, that's what I thought.

LarryBoy
August 11th, 2007, 09:41 AM
How far is FU from Charlotte, NC? My brother just moved there yesterday and I hope we can come down next year.

Charlotte to Spartanburg is roughly an hour and a half, so I'm thinking Charlotte to Greenville shouldn't be too much worse.

How well do you think Delaware would travel to a game like this?

It's great to see Furman schedule a quality OOC opponent and play them at home, for once, as well as an A-10/CAA team other than Hofstra or Richmond.

89Hen
August 11th, 2007, 09:51 AM
How well do you think Delaware would travel to a game like this?

It's great to see Furman schedule a quality OOC opponent and play them at home, for once, as well as an A-10/CAA team other than Hofstra or Richmond.
It's a great series for both programs. We've done El Cid and GSU in the last 10 years, so this will be our third one too. I would think the Hens could possibly bring close to 1000 fans. We often bring 2000+ to the schools in Virginia, but they are possible to do in a day trip. Given FU's great tradition, IMO Hen fans will want to go. I know I do. xthumbsupx

SunCoastBlueHen
August 11th, 2007, 10:46 AM

Once upon a time, I lived just a couple miles from Furman and went to Charlotte fairly regularly. Count on about an hour and 45.

A trip north for this game is one I would really like to make. Greenville is a great town and Furman has a beautiful campus. Plus, this should simply be an outstanding football game. xthumbsupx

bluehenbillk
August 11th, 2007, 01:01 PM
I hope to make the trip in September 2008.

AZGrizFan
August 11th, 2007, 03:56 PM
I wouldn't want to play against Furman at Paladin Stadium, especially this year, but also next year. Even that "one team" from the "one-team conference" admits that.

How many teams does the Big Sky get into the playoffs on a yearly basis?

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Yeah, we saw how you rolled over Montana State last year. Keep talkin.....xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx