http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/TxSt02/Picture065.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/TxSt02/Picture066.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/TxSt02/Picture067.jpg

Coaching Gear:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/TxSt02/Picture064.jpg

TxSt02
August 9th, 2007, 02:48 PM
Old Unis:
http://www.nsudemons.com/pages/garysGallery/football0607/g07images/Byron%20Lawrence_jpg.jpg

http://www.nsudemons.com/pages/garysGallery/football0607/g07images/DSC_0051_jpg.jpg

89Hen
August 9th, 2007, 02:49 PM
Coaching Gear:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/TxSt02/Picture064.jpg

Do I look fat in this shirt?

TxSt02
August 9th, 2007, 03:10 PM

damn thats cold... this coach is "special"

BearsCountry
August 9th, 2007, 03:18 PM
Old ones look better IMO. New ones almost look, I hate to say it - alittle high schoolish.

89Hen
August 9th, 2007, 03:19 PM
damn thats cold... this coach is "special"
:o Then he gets a pass.

patssle
August 9th, 2007, 05:36 PM
purple! :pumpuke: xsmiley_wix

Mountain Panther
August 9th, 2007, 06:08 PM

OH NO YOU DEH-ANT!

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/niwa/sports/m-footbl/auto_action/696803.jpeg

MR. CHICKEN
August 9th, 2007, 06:12 PM
DID CLEMSON....CLEAN OUT DUH CLOSET......xconfusedx........BA:(WK!

katstrapper
August 9th, 2007, 10:15 PM
Why is the coaching staff wearing orange?

katstrapper
August 9th, 2007, 10:15 PM

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Freightliner
August 10th, 2007, 09:09 AM

Geesh - could they copy SFA's uni's any more????

Za-KEE-uS
August 10th, 2007, 10:33 AM
Geesh - could they copy SFA's uni's any more????

I thought they looked familiar xnonox

Lionsrking
August 10th, 2007, 04:20 PM
I loved their old ones, but the new ones are hideous. Not a fan of shaded numbers.

Lionsrking
August 10th, 2007, 04:22 PM

Because there colors are purple and orange.

Uncle Buck
August 10th, 2007, 05:07 PM
I kind of like the simplicity of the old uni's as well.

GeauxColonels
August 10th, 2007, 05:27 PM
I would think it's an easy way for someone to identify a coach on the sidelines. If everyone is in purple, it could be a little harder.

JohnStOnge
August 10th, 2007, 08:50 PM
My memory's playing tricks on me. I thought their old hom unis were all purple...purple pants as well as jersies.

GeauxColonels
August 11th, 2007, 09:12 AM
My memory's playing tricks on me. I thought their old hom unis were all purple...purple pants as well as jersies.
I've always remembered them in purple tops and white pants....but it's possible that they used a purple-on-purple combination once or twice. We'd really have to get a Northwestern State fan to verify.

Seat16Demon
August 11th, 2007, 02:05 PM

Yes, as a matter of fact they have worn all purple at home on more than one occasion. Personally, I like the purple tops with white pants. If you think these look 'high-schoolish' you should have seen the unis they wore in the early '80s when Gary Reasons, Mark Duper, Joe Delaney and Bobby Hebert played. If I can find a picture to post I'll get it on the site.

TxSt02
August 12th, 2007, 12:51 PM
I would think it's an easy way for someone to identify a coach on the sidelines. If everyone is in purple, it could be a little harder.

good point... i am sure this is probably what they are doing...

NSUDemon98
August 12th, 2007, 03:47 PM

I've never been a fan of the "accent" color orange.

Purple and White is what it should be with either grey or black...the only way I like the orange is or the flames on the logo.

I like the old uniforms...xsmhx

GeauxColonels
August 12th, 2007, 05:58 PM

Purple and White is what it should be with either grey or black...the only way I like the orange is or the flames on the logo.

The old unis were MUCH better. Sadly, I think that Nicholls State is following down the same road as the Demons. They "unveiled" their new unis last week, but have not posted any pics to the website. Hopefully they'll have them on the new site that goes active Tuesday.

TheBisonator
August 12th, 2007, 09:20 PM
I like NW State's stadium in those pics. Only seats 16,000, but looks like it seats a LOT more than that.

Seat16Demon
August 13th, 2007, 08:15 AM
In the past, when the Demons played Southern Univ., they brought in bleachers for the end zones for the bands. This freed up a lot more seats in the stands. It's a pretty good stadium. I have 'grown up' in Section F, Row Q, Seat 16. Hence, the reason for my screen name. I believe they are doing some renovation to restrooms and a few other areas of the stadium. The only regrettable right now is that our new scoreboard is way behind schedule because someone may have fallen asleep at the wheel in the paperwork process. It'll happen, just not sure when.

NSUDemon98
August 13th, 2007, 04:39 PM
Because there colors are purple and orange.

Actually our primary colors are purple and white...the orange is just an "accent" colors.

Seat16Demon
August 14th, 2007, 10:42 AM
Actually our primary colors are purple and white...the orange is just an "accent" colors.

Right on. I think the burnt orange was added in the late '70s. My Dad (Demon Fan) will have to chime in on this one. He was there in the early to mid 70's and could comment better. I can just remember from about '78 or '79 on till now. Actually I have seen pictures from the late 60's and early 70's when the unis were mostly white with purple on the jerseys. For a while the helmets were silver with an cool Demon face on the helmet. Wish I had a picture of this to upload!

813Jag
August 14th, 2007, 10:50 AM
In the past, when the Demons played Southern Univ., they brought in bleachers for the end zones for the bands. This freed up a lot more seats in the stands. It's a pretty good stadium. I have 'grown up' in Section F, Row Q, Seat 16. Hence, the reason for my screen name. I believe they are doing some renovation to restrooms and a few other areas of the stadium. The only regrettable right now is that our new scoreboard is way behind schedule because someone may have fallen asleep at the wheel in the paperwork process. It'll happen, just not sure when.
I always had a good time there. xthumbsupx

NSUDemon98
August 14th, 2007, 11:46 AM
Right on. I think the burnt orange was added in the late '70s. My Dad (Demon Fan) will have to chime in on this one. He was there in the early to mid 70's and could comment better. I can just remember from about '78 or '79 on till now. Actually I have seen pictures from the late 60's and early 70's when the unis were mostly white with purple on the jerseys. For a while the helmets were silver with an cool Demon face on the helmet. Wish I had a picture of this to upload!

I wish they would use the orange as little as possible xnodx

My parents were there from '73-'77...I'll ask if them remember if the orange was added during their attendence.

Demon Fan
August 14th, 2007, 01:37 PM
O.K., O.K. ! So I was there when the orange trim was added! I'm old and proud of it, it beats the alternative! The orange accent (trim) was added in 1973-74. And yes, I was there when the "silver" helmets with the purple hue and Demon head was worn. Those were from the mid-sixties until about 1971 when a white helmet with a large purple "N" and the word DEMONS traveling down the diagonal of the N. The "Flaming N" with the pitchfork was adopted in 1983 when Sam Goodwin took over as head coach. How did I get off on all that? Never mind, I'll sign out.

Dallas Demon
August 15th, 2007, 11:41 PM
I like NW State's stadium in those pics. Only seats 16,000, but looks like it seats a LOT more than that.

Actually if we didn't have the chairback seats I would bet it would easily seat 18,000. Plus, if we measured the seats at 12" a seat like Texas St. (instead of 18" per seat) we'd be seating 25K. :)

Dallas Demon
August 15th, 2007, 11:42 PM

Back in the mid 70s we had purple, white, and grey. Those were the best I think.

Dallas Demon
August 15th, 2007, 11:46 PM
O.K., O.K. ! So I was there when the orange trim was added! I'm old and proud of it, it beats the alternative! The orange accent (trim) was added in 1973-74. And yes, I was there when the "silver" helmets with the purple hue and Demon head was worn. Those were from the mid-sixties until about 1971 when a white helmet with a large purple "N" and the word DEMONS traveling down the diagonal of the N. The "Flaming N" with the pitchfork was adopted in 1983 when Sam Goodwin took over as head coach. How did I get off on all that? Never mind, I'll sign out.

I liked the purple and grey uniforms back in the early-mid 70s. We had to get rid of the Demon head due to political pressures. I always liked that Demon head, pretty cool.