PDA

View Full Version : Kennesaw State Football At What Cost

CSN-info
August 8th, 2007, 03:39 PM
Football At What Cost
Atlanta Journal Constitution - GA, USA
Dave Waples lovingly removes the model football helmet from a shelf in his office. It's black with a yellow stripe, and a yellow owl is emblazoned on the side. Think Pittsburgh Steelers, only more nocturnal.
Creating that part of the Kennesaw State football program was easy. The next part — forming a team, building facilities and funding college's most expensive sport — won't be as simple. ...
http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/stories/2007/08/07/ksu_0808.html

greenG
August 8th, 2007, 07:23 PM
Football At What Cost
Atlanta Journal Constitution - GA, USA
Dave Waples lovingly removes the model football helmet from a shelf in his office. It's black with a yellow stripe, and a yellow owl is emblazoned on the side. Think Pittsburgh Steelers, only more nocturnal.
Creating that part of the Kennesaw State football program was easy. The next part — forming a team, building facilities and funding college's most expensive sport — won't be as simple. ...
http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/stories/2007/08/07/ksu_0808.html

It doesn't sound like the Owls will be on the gridiron anytime soon. They need a sugar daddy to finance their start up. There are worse things than having a college without football and probably better things to spend their money on. I think their president has a perfectly reasonable perspective on the matter.

bandit
August 8th, 2007, 08:44 PM
interesting article. seems like it will happen eventually, but no time soon. It's interesting that they are talking about FBS as an option.

Eyes of Old Main
August 8th, 2007, 09:03 PM
They need a sugar daddy to finance their start up.

If it takes a sugar daddy to start (and presumably run) a program, how come so many smaller schools are able to maintain programs without sugar daddies?

WUTNDITWAA
August 8th, 2007, 10:54 PM
It doesn't sound like the Owls will be on the gridiron anytime soon. They need a sugar daddy to finance their start up. There are worse things than having a college without football and probably better things to spend their money on. I think their president has a perfectly reasonable perspective on the matter.

Bite your tongue.xlolx

BearsCountry
August 8th, 2007, 11:25 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say it will be a non-scholly program - I wouldnt be suprised if Atlantic Sun becomes the southern conference for non-scholly fb.