PDA

View Full Version : Grizzlies ready to start practice for '07 season

CSN-info
August 8th, 2007, 03:34 PM
Grizzlies ready to start practice for '07 season
The Missoulian - Missoula,MT,USA
They're back at it.
On Wednesday the Montana Grizzly football team, bolstered by a couple dozen seniors and the usual high expectations, start fall camp for the 2007 season at 2:30 p.m. on the South Campus Fields.
“Can't wait to get out there,” said running back Lex Hilliard, his senior season delayed until now by an Achilles injury suffered early in the 2006 fall camp. “It's been a long time for me - almost a year. They didn't let me do too much in spring ball. I've just got to get back to hitting.”
http://www.missoulian.com/articles/2007/08/08/sports/sports03.txt

AZGrizFan
August 8th, 2007, 03:39 PM
“We had good competition in the spring, and we'll probably play several quarterbacks this season, regardless of who is named starter for game one,” Hauck said. “Cole is the guy with experience as starter. I'm hopeful that one of those players will jump up and make the job his, early.”

The schedule is favorable, with three non-league home games followed by two more home games against Weber State and Eastern Washington. Yet four of the Grizzlies' last six games are on the road. They finish up at Idaho State Nov. 10 and at Montana State - the 107th Griz-Cat game - on Nov. 17.

These two things do NOT give me a warm fuzzy. For Hauck to be saying THAT, in the middle of August, does not bode well for a settled QB position anytime soon.

And why is it that we never seem to have a week off prior to the Cat game? :( :(

elkmcc
August 8th, 2007, 04:17 PM
These two things do NOT give me a warm fuzzy. For Hauck to be saying THAT, in the middle of August, does not bode well for a settled QB position anytime soon.

And why is it that we never seem to have a week off prior to the Cat game? :( :(

I would have to respectively disagree with you here AZ. I think it would be folly for BH to give any indication to any of the qb's that the job was in the bag just yet. I think it is pretty obvious that CB has the edge simply because he has the experience but both Stapp and Selle have been in the system for some time now and both have showed that they have the abilities and desire to get the job done. That the frosh Larson is even in the mix is a credit to him. Personally I like Cole. He reminds me an awful lot of John Edwards. Competant and able, just not flashy. From what I saw in spring drills, the Griz will be in fine shape at this position this fall. Good talent, good depth.