PDA

View Full Version : Rivals Radio Reaches New Level of Diss

bluehenbillk
August 8th, 2007, 07:26 AM
Listening to Bill King & Rivals Radio this morning like I do every day on my way to work. Earlier caller I missed was very gung-ho Ohio State & defended their non-conference schedule. Later on, when I was listening, Bill King, the host says something to the effect of "...Youngstown State? Let me characterize Youngstown State, they're competitive with Hoover (Ala) High School..."

henfan
August 8th, 2007, 07:58 AM
In all seriousness, I've never heard of Bill King or Rivals Radio. Does that mean I'm out of touch or that those comments about YSU were unimportant? If a tree falls in the forest...

th0m
August 8th, 2007, 08:39 AM
I wonder how/if that 'fan' would change his opinion if he found out Tressel was YSU's HC before moving along to OSU, assuming he doesn't know this (otherwise it'd be a foolish comparisson to begin with).

89Hen
August 8th, 2007, 09:13 AM
In all seriousness, I've never heard of Bill King or Rivals Radio. Does that mean I'm out of touch or that those comments about YSU were unimportant? If a tree falls in the forest...
That was my first thought.

Umass74
August 8th, 2007, 11:51 AM
How about this one here" A Buckeye fan's bill of rights (http://www.theotherpaper.com/TOP7-26/7-26_substory2.html)"

Relevant quote:Article I The athletic department shall not allow a game against any opponent from a Division I-AA school, regardless of whether the current coach used to work there, and regardless of whether other teams are doing so. If the coach wants to pay tribute to his former team from a lesser division, he can write a check to the university and leave it at that.

The rest of the article is just as arrogant.

bluehenbillk
August 8th, 2007, 12:27 PM

If you ever go onto Rivals.com it's pretty well known or if you're a fan of 1-A it's a must. Daily show 6:00am-9:00am EST 5 days a week on Sirius Channel 123. Regularly have big names as guests. Highly reccomend despite the YSU comments.

DuckDuckGriz
August 8th, 2007, 12:41 PM
What's ironic to me is that we as FCS fans bitch about the lack of respect that we get from the bigger schools but here we are making fun of teams for scheduling D-IIs or NAIAs and characterize them as "sisters of the poor."

DunkandDukin
August 8th, 2007, 01:48 PM
What's ironic to me is that we as FCS fans bitch about the lack of respect that we get from the bigger schools but here we are making fun of teams for scheduling D-IIs or NAIAs and characterize them as "sisters of the poor."

Yep, we spent a fair amount of time lamenting games against the likes of Bloomsburg etc. and with good reason. They are not playoff eligible W's. They can be, however, be playoff killing L's. Therein lies a bit of a difference as the FBS/FCS games will now count for either team win or lose. But we still shouldn't be surprised to read the "we should never, ever again schedule a team the likes of FCS University" from the arrogant 1-A fans, many of us are guilty of basically the same, myself included...xcoolx