PDA

View Full Version : Johnson, Illinois State football players have high expectations

CSN-info
August 6th, 2007, 12:16 AM
Johnson, ISU football players have high expectations
Bloomington Pantagraph - IL, USA
NORMAL — Among the missing at media day for the Illinois State football team were a third-round NFL draft pick, the Gateway Conference Defensive Player of the Year and the school’s single-season rushing record holder.
Replacing the graduated trio of Laurent Robinson, Cameron Siskowic and Pierre Rembert, respectively, does present a challenge to eighth-year Redbird coach Denver Johnson.
Yet Johnson’s barely bridled optimism leaves no doubt that any moisture on his face Friday at steamy Hancock Stadium was sweat and not tears.
“I am absolutely convinced we’re going to have an outstanding football team,” Johnson said. “I think we have a chance to maybe have our best team ever in my tenure here. That’s saying quite a bit when you talk about the guys we don’t have.” ...
http://www.pantagraph.com/articles/2007/08/03/sports/doc46b3d3c26e054342422813.txt

laparka316
August 6th, 2007, 12:47 AM
(wishful thinking/) They may have their hands full in their first game (/wishful thinking)