PDA

View Full Version : Josh Johnson suspended two games

smallcollegefbfan
August 4th, 2007, 01:57 PM
I did some searching and found out it is just one game. He will miss the Azusa game. Due to USD being a private school they are strict on it. He went to a party to meet up with teammates in a romo that someone had smoked in earlier and the smell got in the hallway. They were all written up, including Johnson. He didn't do anything wrong. He was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. He was supposed to get two games but appealed it and they dropped one game. He will just miss one game now.

AggieFinn
August 4th, 2007, 02:46 PM
I did some searching and found out it is just one game. He will miss the Azusa game. Due to USD being a private school they are strict on it. He went to a party to meet up with teammates in a romo that someone had smoked in earlier and the smell got in the hallway. They were all written up, including Johnson. He didn't do anything wrong. He was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. He was supposed to get two games but appealed it and they dropped one game. He will just miss one game now.

Don't know the particulars, but if that's all that happened, that's a bunch of bull. Lame break for JJ, College + California = pot smell just about everywhere. I will never send my kids to USD.

USDFAN_55
August 4th, 2007, 03:35 PM
Don't know the particulars, but if that's all that happened, that's a bunch of bull. Lame break for JJ, College + California = pot smell just about everywhere. I will never send my kids to USD.

If you're naive to think that this doesn't go on at every school, I'm sorry. This is not a California thing or USD thing, it's a college thing. If you're that close minded and uninformed then you're kids probably wouldn't be a good fit for USD anyways.

laxVik
August 4th, 2007, 03:45 PM
If you're naive to think that this doesn't go on at every school, I'm sorry. This is not a California thing or USD thing, it's a college thing. If you're that close minded and uninformed then you're kids probably wouldn't be a good fit for USD anyways.Exactly. Way to blame Cali. And a Aggie fan to boot.

USDFAN_55
August 4th, 2007, 03:49 PM

Where exactly did you read this? USD is usually very strict regarding student confidentiality.

PantherRob82
August 4th, 2007, 04:13 PM
If you're naive to think that this doesn't go on at every school, I'm sorry. This is not a California thing or USD thing, it's a college thing. If you're that close minded and uninformed then you're kids probably wouldn't be a good fit for USD anyways.

If you reread it, he's implying he wouldn't want his kids to get nailed for being in an area with the smell of it and that he thinks it's BS. Sensitive?xnonox

smallcollegefbfan
August 4th, 2007, 04:20 PM
Where exactly did you read this? USD is usually very strict regarding student confidentiality.

I can't say who told me. I will just say this was something that was questioned by some people with great importance when they found it out. There is an award he is supposed to receive but this has put a delay on it. At first I was just asking for more info but I found it out on my own.

Maybe we should delete this thread. We all know how the media is with these things. It turns out to be nothing but I am sure there will be media outlets trying to get all over this when they find out.

TheCatamount
August 4th, 2007, 04:21 PM
That sucks for him, he is a really great player

GOTOREROS
August 4th, 2007, 04:25 PM
First it was 2 games and now its 1 game? Something doesn't seem right - I have no idea but why would it go from 2 to 1 games if it was drug related? I have no idea what the truth is, but bad things can happen when rumors start to fly around. If it is true then USD should get word out sooner rather than later to avoid the media bashing.....I guess I will sit back and wait to hear some sort of official announcement.....xreadx

smallcollegefbfan
August 4th, 2007, 06:44 PM
First it was 2 games and now its 1 game? Something doesn't seem right - I have no idea but why would it go from 2 to 1 games if it was drug related? I have no idea what the truth is, but bad things can happen when rumors start to fly around. If it is true then USD should get word out sooner rather than later to avoid the media bashing.....I guess I will sit back and wait to hear some sort of official announcement.....xreadx

They were going to give him two games at first but after appealing it and all the facts coming out Johnson was given two games. I can't say who confirmed this but someone at the program who is directly involved admitted to me that one game is true and that it is Johnson. We all know that people jump to conclusions to say you are doing something or punish you when you are around others who are in the wrong. He was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Like I said, this thread might need to be killed. I mainly came asking questions to see if anyone else heard this but I found out the answer shortly after posting.

aggie6thman
August 4th, 2007, 07:45 PM
Azusa eh? Man, they are going to struggle in that game.xoopsx

GOTOREROS
August 4th, 2007, 07:53 PM
Azusa eh? Man, they are going to struggle in that game.xoopsx

If this turns out to be true - thank god it's the Azusa game. I heard the backup for Josh Johnson this year is a transfer from the University of Utah - 6' 3" 220lb. Kevin Dunn. I suspect he can handle the Azusa defense....

aggie6thman
August 4th, 2007, 09:46 PM
If this turns out to be true - thank god it's the Azusa game. I heard the backup for Josh Johnson this year is a transfer from the University of Utah - 6' 3" 220lb. Kevin Dunn. I suspect he can handle the Azusa defense....

My high school team could handle the Azusa offense.

rmutv
August 4th, 2007, 10:15 PM
My high school team could handle the Azusa offense.

We shouldn't even be discussing whether your high school team could handle the Azusa Pacific team. No FCS team should even have them on the schedule. xsmhx

GOTOREROS
August 4th, 2007, 10:23 PM
We shouldn't even be discussing whether your high school team could handle the Azusa Pacific team. No FCS team should even have them on the schedule. xsmhx

I agree - I don't think we'll see them after this year again.....xnodx

Keeper
August 4th, 2007, 10:44 PM
JJ or not, the early line is 50 points. Anything less is an upset.

AppState
August 4th, 2007, 11:02 PM
Title should be edited to include school, as other schools may have a Josh Johnson on their roster (as does ASU). Thanks.

hebmskebm
August 5th, 2007, 01:11 AM
i agree USD shouldnt be playing schools like Azusa (they should be trying to get schollys and join the GWFC!), but its understandable because theyve played them every year for about 30 years now.

AggieFinn
August 5th, 2007, 09:05 PM
This isn't about Azuza Pacific being weak for a potential Great West Conference member xsmiley_wix , it'a about an uptight system that writes up kids (especially football players who've got their "DRAFT STATUS" to consider and don't think it's a big deal) for being in a room that smells like weed. Gimme a friggin' break, too uptight for my blood - it's marijuana in a room, they aren't doing coc, they aren't drinking and driving, it's harmless in my opinion -- but they're gonna suspend this kid for practically nothing...WAY TOO UPTIGHT!!! He isn't hurting anybody...let him play and whoop up on AP, what's the harm. However...USD does have it's reputation as a student-athlete institution, that is something as a UC Davis Aggie I can appreciate, but geez. Just let JJ play, he doesn't need this bs on his record.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20061103/images/johnson280.jpg

rmutv
August 5th, 2007, 10:04 PM
This isn't about Azuza Pacific being weak for a potential Great West Conference member xsmiley_wix , it'a about an uptight system that writes up kids (especially football players who've got their "DRAFT STATUS" to consider and don't think it's a big deal) for being in a room that smells like weed. Gimme a friggin' break, too uptight for my blood - it's marijuana in a room, they aren't doing coc, they aren't drinking and driving, it's harmless in my opinion -- but they're gonna suspend this kid for practically nothing...WAY TOO UPTIGHT!!! He isn't hurting anybody...let him play and whoop up on AP, what's the harm. However...USD does have it's reputation as a student-athlete institution, that is something as a UC Davis Aggie I can appreciate, but geez. Just let JJ play, he doesn't need this bs on his record.

So you're condoning either using or being in the presence of illegal drug use?

SU Jag
August 5th, 2007, 10:33 PM
Sounds like a bunch of B.S to me.xsmhx

ucdtim17
August 5th, 2007, 10:34 PM
And how is this person sure Johnson was just an innocent bystander?

Pauly LB
August 5th, 2007, 10:38 PM
For Azusa Pacific USD could simply substitute in a linebacker to play quarterback...

SoCon48
August 6th, 2007, 07:01 AM
1. Athletes with the team on their shoulders should avoid parties in which pot is this heavily and blantantly used... and especailly to hanging in close proximity like that hallway group. Easy to get caught up in this kind of scenario. The team suffers and JJ and the team were lucky this time.
2. Who in the H is Azuza Pacific ??

SoCon48
August 6th, 2007, 07:07 AM

Hopefully USD's other athletes have more brains than to hang out at those parties and groups, though. Otherwise, you can expect things like this to repeat. Next time, the kid's story may not be believed.
Athletes are held to a higher standard and especially at larger programs when the media gets involved.

UNH SUPERFAN
August 6th, 2007, 07:17 AM
And some of you think this boob is a better QB than Ricky Santos? WOW!

SoCon48
August 6th, 2007, 09:09 AM
Maybe he used the "But I didn't inhale." excuse.

GOTOREROS
August 6th, 2007, 09:20 AM
And some of you think this boob is a better QB than Ricky Santos? WOW!

Yes. xnodx

SoCon48
August 6th, 2007, 10:15 AM
JJ may think so, too. When he's stoned.

USDFAN_55
August 6th, 2007, 04:54 PM
I can't believe you guys are acting like he just got busted with some crack or something. It's just weed, plain and simple. It's on every campus accross the states, but Californians aren't afraid to acknowledge it. Same can be said for homosexuality.... a lot of people act like California is the only place with a gay population, but the fact is California is one of the few places that embraces it and accepts it.

This situation has no negative effect on Johnson's character. He is still a great student athlete.

AZGrizFan
August 6th, 2007, 04:59 PM
I can't believe you guys are acting like he just got busted with some crack or something. It's just weed, plain and simple. It's on every campus accross the states, but Californians aren't afraid to acknowledge it. Same can be said for homosexuality.... a lot of people act like California is the only place with a gay population, but the fact is California is one of the few places that embraces it and accepts it.

This situation has no negative effect on Johnson's character. He is still a great student athlete.

Welcome to our world. And JD Quinn is the ONLY college athlete to EVER drink and drive. xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

rmutv
August 6th, 2007, 05:32 PM

Well, here's the difference. Homosexuality isn't illegal. Marijuana is.

ucdtim17
August 6th, 2007, 05:43 PM
I think it's great he was smoking weed. He should understand though as a football player this is going to be public news and more incidents like this will hurt him in the wallet come draft day, in addition to hurting his team

SoCon48
August 6th, 2007, 05:46 PM

Yep.It's on every campus, but at most schools, athletes get booted for using it. We Apps had a field day when coach booted off one of our RB's the other year.

a lot of people act like California is the only place with a gay population, but the fact is California is one of the few places that embraces it and accepts it.

Yep the "embracing it" part is what makes Cal and Mass different from many.

SoCon48
August 6th, 2007, 05:51 PM
I think it's great he was smoking weed. He should understand though as a football player this is going to be public news and more incidents like this will hurt him in the wallet come draft day, in addition to hurting his team

You think it's great? Ha!. I imagine his opponents do too. Maybe they can sneak him a couple joints in his locker on game day. Man, I'd pay to see his performance that day. Maybe they'd pass it around in the huddle.xlolx xlolx
Oh man, the Doonesbury QB in real life!!

Maybe a bong on the sidelines. Or would that be improper equipment?xeyebrowx

ucdtim17
August 6th, 2007, 10:35 PM
You think it's great? Ha!. I imagine his opponents do too. Maybe they can sneak him a couple joints in his locker on game day. Man, I'd pay to see his performance that day. Maybe they'd pass it around in the huddle.xlolx xlolx
Oh man, the Doonesbury QB in real life!!

Maybe a bong on the sidelines. Or would that be improper equipment?xeyebrowx

Just say no

http://www.bigheadrob.com/blog/uploaded_images/81_Nancy-Reagan-Head-Shot-730705.jpeg

slostang
August 6th, 2007, 11:24 PM

Kevin Dunn is a great pick up by USD. I had heard earlier that Cal Poly had a Utah QB transfer. I went to Utah site and saw that Dunn was not on the roster and thought that he was coming to Cal Poly and was excited. It turns out that Tony Smith who was a high school QB and played WR at Utah had transfered to Cal Poly. I am excited that Tony Smith is coming, but Dunn has NFL QB size. Tony Smith is 6-0 177.

Model Citizen
August 7th, 2007, 12:18 AM
Without getting into the depth chart, I'll say that the Toreros may have a better backup quarterback at this point than Kevin Dunn.

SoCon48
August 8th, 2007, 11:48 AM
Just say no

http://www.bigheadrob.com/blog/uploaded_images/81_Nancy-Reagan-Head-Shot-730705.jpeg

Owl Gore should be the poster child. Is his kid out of the slammer yet?xnonox

Ruler 79
August 8th, 2007, 01:10 PM
So let me see if I have this right, JJ is a gay QB who smokes pot? Not that there is anything wrong with it! LOL

I-AA Fan
August 8th, 2007, 02:01 PM

and who is this Johnson? Not to be insulting, as I am interested, butyou need to realize that there are over 120 schools & someone well known to you is no one to others.

Cap'n Cat
August 8th, 2007, 02:17 PM
Welcome to our world. And JD Quinn is the ONLY college athlete to EVER drink and drive. xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

Me and D1B never did, Z.

xnonox xnonox

USDFAN_55
August 8th, 2007, 02:58 PM
and who is this Johnson? Not to be insulting, as I am interested, butyou need to realize that there are over 120 schools & someone well known to you is no one to others.

You can just do a google search for 2006 Payton award Finalists, or you can go to San Diego's website. Then again, you might find more information in here if you use the search button at the top of the page.