PDA

View Full Version : Question for Ap St.'rs

Tealblood
August 2nd, 2007, 06:13 PM
i was on the site real tone jukebox and they have a section of university fight songs not much for FCS but at the end one was listed as APSU-APSU fight song was wondering if it was App. St. the other FCS was oddly enough Brown

james_lawfirm
August 2nd, 2007, 07:04 PM
i was on the site real tone jukebox and they have a section of university fight songs not much for FCS but at the end one was listed as APSU-APSU fight song was wondering if it was App. St. the other FCS was oddly enough Brown

If it went "ta ta ta taa ta, ta ta ta taa ta", yep that's ours. Just kidding.

Tealblood
August 2nd, 2007, 07:05 PM
uh yea thats the ticket

psc2445
August 2nd, 2007, 07:36 PM

my guess would be Austin Peay State, but i havent listened

jonmac
August 2nd, 2007, 07:37 PM
Nope, sorry to say, not ours. Got excited there for a minute I would love to hear HiYiYikas on my mobile.

GOAPPS!!!!!

appsfan
August 2nd, 2007, 08:41 PM
Nope, sorry to say, not ours. Got excited there for a minute I would love to hear HiYiYikas on my mobile.

GOAPPS!!!!!

You can download HiHiYikas on your cell by going to:
http://appstate1.mstore.xingtone.com/

I have it on my phone and this site will work for most major carriers.

AppMan
August 2nd, 2007, 08:48 PM
Yikas is available to download on the Verizon site.

Mountain Panther
August 2nd, 2007, 09:57 PM
Did the song go like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVENWl8uBeg

HaveFunKc
August 2nd, 2007, 09:58 PM
You can download HiHiYikas on your cell by going to:
http://appstate1.mstore.xingtone.com/

I have it on my phone and this site will work for most major carriers.

It's a blast watching the heads turn when they hear Yikas on my phone!! xthumbsupx

SoCon48
August 3rd, 2007, 01:59 PM

GOAPPS!!!!!

Hey jonmac. Is it lonely for an App down there in NE NC? How close are you to Edenton? I worked there for a while back in '92.

jonmac
August 3rd, 2007, 02:18 PM
I live in Hertford. Work in Edenton. (there right now, shhhh)

SoCon48
August 3rd, 2007, 02:41 PM
I live in Hertford. Work in Edenton. (there right now, shhhh)

I taught at Chowan Middle in the suburb of Tyner. ;)

Longrifle
August 3rd, 2007, 03:18 PM
I taught at Chowan Middle in the suburb of Tyner. ;)

Hey, I used to live in ape Colony down on the Albemarle Sound (83-86).

jonmac
August 3rd, 2007, 03:27 PM
What chased you guys away? And yes, it is a bit lonely for an App fan down here and a long haul to Boone. But I'm trying to educate the folks around here on FCS and the trips to The Rock are worth it.

GOAPPS!!!

Longrifle
August 3rd, 2007, 03:31 PM
Too far away from my wife's family. I loved it, especially the hunting and fishing opportunities. Moved back here to be closer to our families. We still visit down there occasionally.

SoCon48
August 3rd, 2007, 07:08 PM
What chased you guys away? And yes, it is a bit lonely for an App fan down here and a long haul to Boone. But I'm trying to educate the folks around here on FCS and the trips to The Rock are worth it.

GOAPPS!!!

Heh, heh. Those monster pre-historic bugs that clogged up my radiator grille.xeyebrowx
Always afraid I'd land in some swamp during one of those unbelievable thick fogs and never be found.
And, man, one cloudy night I was driving through the Dismal Swamp to go to find some Norfolk night life. Stopped my new little truck to umm, use the bathroom. I cut the lights off on the truck. Couldn't see my hand in front of my face it was so dark down there. Certainly couldn't see the truck. Just listened for the cracking of the heated aluminum parts of the engine to finally bump into it.
Absolutely no shoulders to the road through there either. Didn't meet a car on that road for 20 miles. Anyone who runs off that road won't be found until the next day..if then.
Either I just wimped out in those parts or had to get back to civilization.

Actaully, just kidding, I did like that area, the people, and the Elizabethan accents.
BTW, do you know where that little ghost town looking place is on the way to Elizabeth City? I want to go back and photograph it.

jonmac
August 3rd, 2007, 07:49 PM
Not sure which place you're talking about on the way to Elizabeth City. Unless it's my town, Hertford. Ha. More specifics?
The canal bank road you were talking about through dismal swamp is no more. Well, actually it is now a recreational trail. New 4 lane to VA, NICE!! The area is growing some but still way behind. I'm a transplant myself. Originally from Reidsville.

SoCon48
August 3rd, 2007, 08:31 PM
All i remember is that on the way, not too very far from Edenton, you came to a stop sign and suddenly there was this old wooden store front building type communty street to the left. The old stores were abandoned and looked almost old West style. My guess is that the community dried up because of the small farms bellying up say in the 40's or 50's or the railraod bypassing the town. I seem to remember even that it had wooden sidewalks directly min front of the buildings.

You know it could be historic Hertford (especially if resoration was since then) or in the area of Winfall or along the way from Tyner to Herford on that old road.

GrizFanIRAQ
August 3rd, 2007, 09:17 PM
I thought Appy states fight song went something like "hot, hot, hot!!!!!!

lillycafe
August 4th, 2007, 08:34 AM

GOAPPS!!!!!

It is available as a download on Verizon if you have their service. As ringtone and ringback. I have it.

lillycafe
August 4th, 2007, 08:36 AM
Did the song go like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVENWl8uBeg

You should know how it goes, because you heard it alot if you were in Chattanooga in 2005!!!!!!!!

proasu89
August 4th, 2007, 09:47 PM

Nice, very nice. Original too.xlolx Smackboard is 2 boards down. However, it's always good to welcome someone home from Iraq.xpeacex

SoCon48
August 5th, 2007, 10:29 PM

The 4 teams we faced in the play-offs must have thought so! It would have been nice if the Griz had made it far enough so they could have thought so, too.