PDA

View Full Version : What trophy do you and your rival play for?

Bearkatpresident
August 1st, 2007, 10:03 PM
My counterpart at Stephen F. Austin wants to put a little wager on the SHSU/SFA Rivalry game. So, I thought this would be a good time to start a rivalry trophy tradition. I know that SFA/NWST already does this with Cheif Caddo. What is your school's rivalry trophy?

poly51
August 1st, 2007, 10:28 PM
Cal Poly and UC Davis play the Horseshoe Classic for the "Shoe".

The Shoe now resides in Cal Poly's trophy case.

Mountaineer2825
August 1st, 2007, 10:56 PM
App State and Western Carolina battle once a year for the "Old Mountain Jug." AKA - An old Moonshine jug with each school's mascot on opposite sides.

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/1175/jug0116pleq2.jpg

Mountaineer2825
August 1st, 2007, 10:57 PM
Sorry about the huge image

WCU LawCat
August 1st, 2007, 11:20 PM
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/wcar/sports/genrel/auto_action/109635.jpeg
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/wcar/galleries/Jug_2004/briggs-lg.jpg

MplsBison
August 1st, 2007, 11:22 PM
NDSU and UND play for an oversized nickel coin with a buffalo on one side and a Sioux head on the other.

Haven't played since 2003 but the series will resume in 2009.

Old Montana State Grad
August 1st, 2007, 11:39 PM
It's rumored some followers play for the black aces and eights and jack of diamonds.

ngineer
August 1st, 2007, 11:40 PM
Lehigh-Lafayette doesn't need a trophy....;)

Grizalltheway
August 2nd, 2007, 03:23 AM
This is the only pic I can find of ours:

http://www.egriz.com/GrizPics2/albums/userpics/10551/normal_IMG_3908.jpg

SoCon48
August 2nd, 2007, 06:26 AM
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/wcar/sports/genrel/auto_action/109635.jpeg
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/wcar/galleries/Jug_2004/briggs-lg.jpg

Obviously an old and very rare photograph. ;)

carney2
August 2nd, 2007, 06:44 AM
None (yet), but it is generally agreed that a statue depicting an old leather helmet would be appropriate.

DTSpider
August 2nd, 2007, 07:29 AM
Richmond & William & Mary play for the I-64 Trophy.

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/rich/galleries/111905_m_footbl/wm_vs_ur_picture_4-lg.jpg

RaiderInTheZone
August 2nd, 2007, 07:57 AM
When Middle Tennessee and Troy jumped to 1-A we left behind traditional 1-AA rivalries in Tennessee State and Jacksonville State respectively. The fans of the messageboards of both schools joined forces with those schools SGA's to manufacture a rivaly by competing for a trophy. They now call the game "The Battle for the Palladium." The wooden statue of the goddess Athena (the Palladium) was handcarved by a lady from South China, Maine and is valued over $2,000.

Middle Tennessee will travel to Troy on November 20th which will be the fourth time the two teams will have played each other for the trophy. It will be the 2nd time the Battle for the Palladium will be televised and for the first time nationally on ESPN2.

Five years ago, this trophy did not exist. Amazing that if you do a Google Search on "Palladium trophy" you get hundreds and thousands of links relating to Middle Tennessee and Troy and their annual rivalry.

http://www.troytrojans.com/uploads/galleries/football/06MTSU10_small.jpg

SoCon48
August 2nd, 2007, 08:24 AM
When Middle Tennessee and Troy jumped to 1-A we left behind traditional 1-AA rivalries in Tennessee State and Jacksonville State respectively. The fans of the messageboards of both schools joined forces with those schools SGA's to manufacture a rivaly by competing for a trophy. They now call the game "The Battle for the Palladium." The wooden statue of the goddess Athena (the Palladium) was handcarved by a lady from South China, Maine and is valued over $2,000.

Middle Tennessee will travel to Troy on November 20th which will be the fourth time the two teams will have played each other for the trophy. It will be the 2nd time the Battle for the Palladium will be televised and for the first time nationally on ESPN2.

Five years ago, this trophy did not exist. Amazing that if you do a Google Search on "Palladium trophy" you get hundreds and thousands of links relating to Middle Tennessee and Troy and their annual rivalry.http://www.troytrojans.com/uploads/galleries/football/06MTSU10_small.jpg

I tried it. What you get are several, some of the same link repeated and hundreds and thousands of links to palladium that have nothing to do with MTSU or Troy.

SoCon48
August 2nd, 2007, 08:45 AM
Here's after the first page on Google:

PISTONS: Detroit Pistons and Detroit Shock Send Championship ...On Wednesday July 14, 2004 the Larry O’Brien NBA Championship Trophy and the WNBA Championship Trophy were showcased at the Palladium Theatre in downtown ...
www.nba.com/pistons/news/trophytour_040701.html - 91k - Cached - Similar pages

Events - Official AFL Website of the Collingwood Football ClubThu 5/7, Club night 4, Lexus Centre, 6:30pm for 7:00pm. Thu 2/8, Club night 5, Lexus Centre, 6:30pm for 7:00pm. Fri 5/10, Copeland Trophy, Palladium @ Crown ...
collingwoodfc.com.au/Events/tabid/6878/Default.aspx - 76k - Cached - Similar pages

Palladium-Item - www.pal-item.com - Richmond, Ind.Welcome to Palladium-Item - Richmond, Ind. Customer Service: Subscribe Now .... The New Paris girls never booed any other team while getting trophy's. ...
forums.pal-item.com/viewtopic.php?p=44648&sid=e61139a56c0b8efae39af8817b4a8cfe - 63k - Cached - Similar pages

Palladium-Item - www.pal-item.com - Richmond, IndianaThe Palladium-Item Electronic Edition is the online version of The ... BETHESDA, Md. -- Five weeks ago K.J. Choi received a trophy from Jack Nicklaus. ...
www.pal-item.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070709/NEWS02/707090310/1004&theme=BO%20VAN%20PELT - 39k - Cached - Similar pages

Palladium-Item - www.pal-item.com - Richmond, IndianaThe Richmond, Indiana, online edition of the Palladium-Item newspaper, ... Furyk told the fans during the during the trophy presentation on the 18th green. ...
www.pal-item.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070730/NEWS02/707300315 - 39k - Cached - Similar pages
[ More results from www.pal-item.com ]

EQTC:Quests:PoR:JewelcraftThese are the tasks to acquire a Jewelcraft Trophy. For general details on how .... Create 1 Marquise Mount Palladium Ring using tradeskills. (Deliver 1) ...
www.eqtraders.com/articles/article_page.php?article=q229&menustr=120058000000 - 41k - Cached - Similar pages

VisionOne hundred feet high and made of porphyry, it stood on a 20-foot plinth containing the Palladium—a pagan trophy—and supposed relics with biblical origins: ...
www.vision.org/visionmedia/article.aspx?id=156 - 50k - Cached - Similar pages

Beatrice Wood Center for the Arts | Tom McMillin & Friends13" h x 4" w x 10" d $575.00. Trophy Love · Trophy Love Clay, low-fire slip, palladium metallic luster, multiple firings 12" h x 4" w x 14" d ...
www.beatricewood.com/mcmillin.html - 30k - Cached - Similar pages

Lakeshore Public SchoolsExcerpt from Herald Palladium ST. JOSEPH — The Lakeshore High School Key Club won a traveling trophy for collecting the most money among Twin Cities area ...
www.lakeshoreschools.k12.mi.us/high/index.htm - 19k - Cached - Similar pages

footballer23
August 2nd, 2007, 09:19 AM
NDSU & SDSU play 4 the Dakota Marker.... So far: Bison: 2, Jacks: 1.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/footballer23/markertrophy.gif

SoCon48
August 2nd, 2007, 09:34 AM
I swear that looks like someone throwing a middle finger. Maybe that was the point.

Golden Eagle
August 2nd, 2007, 10:09 AM
Formerly, TTU and Middle Tennessee played for a totem pole, the correct name of which is "Shinny Ninny", but they call it "Harvey" for some odd reason. It was usually fought over in a Thanksgiving Day contest. They currently hold it, and probably won't have to give it up anytime soon.
http://janus.mtsu.edu/harvey_exhibit/harveyplayer.jpg

Just a few weeks ago, the OVC announced a new trophy, the Sgt. York Trophy, to go to whichever Tennessee OVC school has the best record head-to-head against the others. Named after the World War I hero, Alvin C. York, of course.

yorkcountyUNHfan
August 2nd, 2007, 10:12 AM
UNH and Maine have played for the Brice-Cowell Musket since the late 40's

It's been hung in the UNH locker room for a few years now.

X-Factor
August 2nd, 2007, 12:16 PM
NDSU and UND play for an oversized nickel coin with a buffalo on one side and a Sioux head on the other.

VERY unlikely. There has been no talk of resuming games in '09 and I doubt we have room on the schedule anyway with GSU, MSU owing us games plus Iowa State in '09.

The only trophy NDSU plays for in 2007 is the Dakota marker trophy. And the only trophies NDSU will play for in '08 and beyond are the national title and the Dakota marker.

McTailGator
August 2nd, 2007, 12:21 PM
My counterpart at Stephen F. Austin wants to put a little wager on the SHSU/SFA Rivalry game. So, I thought this would be a good time to start a rivalry trophy tradition. I know that SFA/NWST already does this with Cheif Caddo. What is your school's rivalry trophy?

A big W. xsmiley_wix

MplsBison
August 2nd, 2007, 01:03 PM
VERY unlikely.

the only trophies NDSU will play for in '08 and beyond are the national title and the Dakota marker.

Dream on.

You and your .01% of NDSU fans that hate UND will still show up to the game in 2009 at the Fargodome.

SactoHornetFan
August 2nd, 2007, 01:07 PM
Sac State and ucdavis played for the Causeway Carraige until two years ago. Now, we have an actual piece of old removed concrete from the Yolo Causeway mounted as a trophy. I don't think there is an actual name for it, but maybe its called the Causeway Concrete :D

Go...gate
August 2nd, 2007, 01:30 PM
Colgate - Cornell involves no trophy, nor did Colgate - Syracuse. Colgate - Holy Cross used to have a formal MVP who got an award. I don't know if they still confer the award.

Colgate - Rutgers, a series which began in 1933, was contested for the Colgate-Rutgers Cup, established by the Alumni Associations of both schools in the late 1940's and, since 1993, retired in Rutgers' Trophy Room at the Hale Center in Piscataway, NJ.

813Jag
August 2nd, 2007, 01:41 PM
This is the Bayou Classic trophy, it's back at it home in Baton Rouge.
http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper950/stills/777uat3b.jpg

adrianb
August 2nd, 2007, 01:47 PM
Citadel and VMI play for the Silver Shako
http://pao.citadel.edu/files/Image/sy06-07/homepage/Citadel_00504794.shako.355wide.jpg

Presbyterian and Newberry play(ed?) for the Bronze derby, the game is now in jerpody due to the PC move to DI
http://www.adrianb.us/helmets/rival/bronze%20derby.jpg

Kill'em
August 2nd, 2007, 01:50 PM
Our trophy is the SoCon Title.

furman94
August 2nd, 2007, 02:18 PM
I think we and GSU should have a trophy. I also think we should battle for a trophy with the Citadel, since that is a historical rivalry. Mabe one for us and Wofford too, since we are in neighboring counties.

X-Factor
August 2nd, 2007, 02:22 PM
Dream on.

You and your .01% of NDSU fans that hate UND will still show up to the game in 2009 at the Fargodome.

First of all, I don't hate UND. Secondly, you saying that UND will show up at the Fargodome in 2009 is not true. It might happen, but it most likely will not. (there is no way of knowing right now) The facts remain, we already have AT LEAST 9 games scheduled for 2009. 8 Gateway and @Iowa State on Sept 5. I wouldn't mind the rivalry to be started up again, but realistically it probably wont happen in '09.

Besides, this topic is about trophies, and the only trophy NDSU plays for is the Dakota Marker xthumbsupx

Grizalltheway
August 2nd, 2007, 02:58 PM
Our trophy is the SoCon Title.

cough 3-8 cough cough

Kill'em
August 2nd, 2007, 03:59 PM
cough 3-8 cough cough

Go back a little further than last year. The 3-8 thing was an anomoly.

OL FU
August 2nd, 2007, 04:00 PM
Go back a little further than last year. The 3-8 thing was an anomoly.

Yeah but before last year the answer would have been national championship. Glad to see more reasonable expectationsxnodx

Kill'em
August 2nd, 2007, 04:03 PM
Unfortunately, the last time we played a rival for THE National Championship was 1988. We weren't even rivals, then. Hence, the SoCon Title.

MplsBison
August 2nd, 2007, 04:12 PM
First of all, I don't hate UND. Secondly, you saying that UND will show up at the Fargodome in 2009 is not true. It might happen, but it most likely will not. (there is no way of knowing right now) The facts remain, we already have AT LEAST 9 games scheduled for 2009. 8 Gateway and @Iowa State on Sept 5. I wouldn't mind the rivalry to be started up again, but realistically it probably wont happen in '09.

Besides, this topic is about trophies, and the only trophy NDSU plays for is the Dakota Marker xthumbsupx

NDSU also plays for the Nickel trophy. It's not retired. Just suspended until the games start again.

Also, 2008 and 2009 are both 12 regular season game seasons.

Plenty of room for UND.

mrklean
August 2nd, 2007, 04:14 PM
I know that GSU and FU should have something to play for and the end of the year.

OL FU
August 2nd, 2007, 04:15 PM
Unfortunately, the last time we played a rival for THE National Championship was 1988. We weren't even rivals, then. Hence, the SoCon Title.

Good pointxthumbsupx

R.A.
August 2nd, 2007, 04:25 PM
Hampton and Howard play in the Battle of "Real HU."

But we don't play for anything, yet.

NDSUFREAK
August 2nd, 2007, 04:39 PM

Umm, is something wrong with you? NDSU and SDSU play for the Dakota Marker.

BisonBacker
August 2nd, 2007, 04:42 PM

You have no credibility and you only look foolish posting that. Get that link yet???

blur2005
Umm, is something wrong with you? NDSU and SDSU play for the Dakota Marker.
He was talking about NDSU vs. UND, not NDSU vs. SDSU.

NDSUFREAK
NDSU also plays for the Nickel trophy. It's not retired. Just suspended until the games start again.

Plenty of room for UND.

wow, aren't you just obsessed with trying to play again. closet und fan? xrolleyesx nothing wrong with coming out of the closet. :p xpeacex

BisonBacker
August 2nd, 2007, 04:44 PM

Plenty of room for UND.

Another Lie from MPLSioux

BisonBacker
August 2nd, 2007, 04:45 PM
He was talking about NDSU vs. UND, not NDSU vs. SDSU.
There is no rivalry with a university that plays DII ball.

The Cats
August 2nd, 2007, 04:51 PM
Obviously an old and very rare photograph. ;)

2004 - not so OLD or rare.

TheBisonator
August 2nd, 2007, 07:39 PM

Plenty of room for UND.

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/7638/lebowskisb3.jpg

EKU05
August 2nd, 2007, 07:44 PM
"The Battle of the Bluegrass," between EKU and WKU never had a trophy, but each school played a diffferent Kentucky school for one at one point.

EKU and Morehead State once played for "The Old Hawg Rifle," but they stopped using the trophy even before the rivalry was put on hiatus as Morehead State went to non-scholarship football. Rumor is that the teams will play in Richmond in 2008, but I wouldn't expect the gun to make an appearance.
-Additionally, it was once traditional for the winning school to cancel classes on the day before Thanksgiving while the students of the losing institution would not begin break until Thanksgiving itself.

Since I mentioned it, WKU and Murray State played for a Red Belt back when they were both in the OVC. I believe that trophy did make an appearance when the two faced each other in the 2002 playoffs.

crunifan
August 2nd, 2007, 07:46 PM
UNI doesn't have one now.

I wish we did though. I think we should start one with SIU. I have no idea what it would be called.

MplsBison
August 2nd, 2007, 07:46 PM
wow, aren't you just obsessed with trying to play again.

There is no "trying".

It's a done a deal, 2009.

MplsBison
August 2nd, 2007, 07:47 PM
There is no rivalry with a university that plays DII ball.

http://greatwestfootball.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/080207aag.html

UNIVERSITY OF NORTH DAKOTA, UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH DAKOTA TO JOIN GREAT WEST

xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx

Grizalltheway
August 2nd, 2007, 07:48 PM

App State fans tend to forget anything that happened before 2005. xthumbsupx

TheBisonator
August 2nd, 2007, 07:49 PM
There is no "trying".

Um, no it's not. xrolleyesx UND is required to play in the GWFC through the 2012 season, according to the official press release. You'll have to wait until at least 2013 for any game to happen, buddy-boy.

TheBisonator
August 2nd, 2007, 07:49 PM
http://greatwestfootball.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/080207aag.html

xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx

What division are UND and USD in THIS YEAR???

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

MplsBison
August 2nd, 2007, 07:52 PM
http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/7638/lebowskisb3.jpg

That's just like......my opinion, man?

MplsBison
August 2nd, 2007, 07:53 PM
Um, no it's not. xrolleyesx UND is required to play in the GWFC through the 2012 season, according to the official press release. You'll have to wait until at least 2013 for any game to happen, buddy-boy.

2009, mark it.

PLENTY of room OOC.

There's simply too much alumni pressure on Gene to get the game done in 09 for him to ignore. He's gunna have to do it at least for a home/home.

We'll see what happens after that.

Maybe UND will be in the Gateway by then.

MplsBison
August 2nd, 2007, 07:54 PM
What division are UND and USD in THIS YEAR???

Exploratory DI.

TheBisonator
August 2nd, 2007, 07:56 PM
2009, mark it.
PLENTY of room OOC.

2009:

Montana State (home)
Georgia Southern (home)
Iowa State (road)

Nope... Don't see any room for UND on there.

Try Again.

TheBisonator
August 2nd, 2007, 08:00 PM
There's simply too much alumni pressure on Gene to get the game done in 09 for him to ignore.

You've never been to a TeamMakers meeting in the past year, I take it.

MplsBison
August 2nd, 2007, 08:00 PM
What crevice are you pulling that from?

Try Iowa State and that's it according to gobison.

Georgia Southern and MT State sound like 08 to me.

I HOPE we keep the series with UC Davis, but you never know.

MplsBison
August 2nd, 2007, 08:01 PM
I could see this for 2009:

Iowa State
Sam Houston
UC Davis
UND

Gateway

09 is a 12 game regular season.

MplsBison
August 2nd, 2007, 08:01 PM
You've never been to a TeamMakers meeting in the past year, I take it.

Team makers represent a portion of the total NDSU alumni base.

I get the impression that they like to think they're the sole decision makers, but they're not the only voices that count.

TheBisonator
August 2nd, 2007, 08:03 PM
I could see this for 2009:

Iowa State
Sam Houston
UC Davis
UND

Gateway

09 is a 12 game regular season.

Actually, 08 is a 12 game regular season, 09 is only 11 games. Check your Gregorian Calendar, you'll see only 12 Saturdays between Labor Day and Thanksgiving.

Georgia Southern
Montana State
Iowa State

Bank on it.

MplsBison
August 2nd, 2007, 08:04 PM
GSU and MT State are 08.

Sam Houston and Iowa State are 09.

12 game regular season for 09 (either by the calender rule or they'll change the rule to match with FBS).

TheBisonator
August 2nd, 2007, 08:05 PM
Team makers represent a portion of the total NDSU alumni base.

I get the impression that they like to think they're the sole decision makers, but they're not the only voices that count.

They're the ones who give the $$$$$$$$$$$$.

And I took statistics, pal - I don't think it's that unreasonable to extrapolate a percentage (VAST majority) of a sample base of 2,500 (TeamMakers count) to a living alumni count of 80,000, of whom maybe only half care about the football team (40,000).

The alumni don't want it. Unless you've personally talked to over 3,000 NDSU alumni recently...

TheBisonator
August 2nd, 2007, 08:07 PM
Sam Houston on the road is next year (08). Iowa State is 09. Wisconsin is next year (08).

2008:

Wisconsin
Sam Houston State
2 more need to be filled

2009:

Iowa State
Montana State
Georgia Southern

MplsBison
August 2nd, 2007, 08:08 PM
It's very unreasonable when the cross section of Team Makers is nothing at all like the cross section of the total alumni.

TM are generally hateful of UND.

Most alumni are very respectful of both the series and the school.

MplsBison
August 2nd, 2007, 08:10 PM
Sam Houston on the road is next year (08). Iowa State is 09. Wisconsin is next year (08).

2008:

Wisconsin
Sam Houston State
2 more need to be filled

2009:

Iowa State
Montana State
Georgia Southern

Actually I think you're right about SH now that I think about it.

Wisconsin? Where are you pulling that out of?

2008:

Sam Houston GSU

2009:

Iowa State MT State (they can be flexible, they owe us)

TheBisonator
August 2nd, 2007, 08:10 PM
It's very unreasonable when the cross section of Team Makers is nothing at all like the cross section of the total alumni.

Well, if you think most of the alumni are for the game (which they're not, BTW - I know a lot of non-TM alumni and they don't want it), then they should give some $$$. Otherwise, Gene won't listen to them.

TheBisonator
August 2nd, 2007, 08:12 PM
Wisconsin? Where are you pulling that out of?

http://bisonsports.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=745

It's not official yet...

Cobblestone
August 2nd, 2007, 08:14 PM
We play Brown each year for the Governor's Cup.

MplsBison
August 2nd, 2007, 08:15 PM
Well, if you think most of the alumni are for the game (which they're not, BTW - I know a lot of non-TM alumni and they don't want it), then they should give some $$$. Otherwise, Gene won't listen to them.

Gene is a very smart man. You don't get to be NDSU AD by being some slouch.

Does 19.5k sold out STO Fargodome sound like a decent investment? xrulesx

How about winning the Nickel back?

Yeah, he definitely won't listen.

MplsBison
August 2nd, 2007, 08:17 PM
http://bisonsports.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=745

It's not official yet...

Can't see it without registering.

I don't doubt that the game will happen.

Hell, here's the worst case scenario for 2008:

Wisconsin
Sam Houston
GA Southern
MT State

That's still possible with an 8 game Gateway.

That leaves only Iowa State in 2009.

PLENTY of room for UND.

TheBisonator
August 2nd, 2007, 08:18 PM
Does 19.5k sold out STO Fargodome sound like a decent investment?

We already do that with SDSU, and most likely in a couple years most of our conference home games will be like that too. Face it, UND is not the only team that can bring in the big crowds nowadays. Gene sees a lot more opportunity elsewhere. Listen, I'm tired of talking about this crap, I have to go take a sh it. Bye, MplsSioux.

MplsBison
August 2nd, 2007, 08:23 PM
The only thing better than crawfish dinner is 5 crawfish dinner.

I'm sure Gene will ignore a sold out Fargodome OOC UND simply because SDSU and possibly others can do it too.

What a joke.

UNHWildCats
August 2nd, 2007, 08:27 PM
I think if a state only has two teams they should play each other every year, dont know if that will happen but it should.

MplsBison
August 2nd, 2007, 08:30 PM
I'm tired of talking about this crap, I have to go take a sh it.

The really sad part is you were probably right there cheering on NDSU when they played UND in 2003 and before.

Now you want to pretend that all those games never happened and that UND doesn't exist.

You want to slap all those NDSU players in the face and tell them that their UND games meant nothing.

Pretty sick.

Cobblestone
August 2nd, 2007, 08:31 PM
I agree 100% Travis. Do you guys still play Dartmouth every year?

MplsBison
August 2nd, 2007, 08:31 PM
I think if a state only has two teams they should play each other every year, dont know if that will happen but it should.

No not necessarily.

But when the teams are in the same division and have a 100+ year history playing each other, then damn right they should play.

appsfan
August 2nd, 2007, 08:36 PM

2004- that picture is staring to get some age on it. Rare, I would say yes. ASU's overall record versus Western is 52-18-1;since the Jug started being awarded in 1978 ASU leads 23 to 6. OK, I guess I would call that medium rare.xlolx xlolx

UNHWildCats
August 2nd, 2007, 08:42 PM
Yup every year since 2000 and according to Dartmouth's website through atleast 2011

No_Skill
August 2nd, 2007, 10:09 PM

Well I can't speak for the rest of the alumns like you seem to be able to, but I am not a Team Maker (yet) and I hate und.

No_Skill
August 2nd, 2007, 10:12 PM
The really sad part is you were probably right there cheering on NDSU when they played UND in 2003 and before.

Now you want to pretend that all those games never happened and that UND doesn't exist.

You want to slap all those NDSU players in the face and tell them that their UND games meant nothing.

Pretty sick.

Keep putting words in his mouth. He said nothing of the past games.

NDSUFREAK
August 2nd, 2007, 10:20 PM

I wouldn't dip your toes in this cross fire if i were you. :p :p

NDSUFREAK
August 2nd, 2007, 10:21 PM
mplsfiretruck, why do you want to play the sioux so bad? we got more people at the SDSU game than we ever did against und.

BisonBacker
August 2nd, 2007, 10:30 PM
There is no "trying".

Another lie from the king of the Liars.

BisonBacker
August 2nd, 2007, 10:33 PM

2008:

Wisconsin
Sam Houston State
2 more need to be filled

2009:

Iowa State
Montana State
Georgia Southern

You can't win with him Bisonator. He's a Sioux fan/alum posting as a Bison Fan. He's also a Liar. Find the Link yet to back up your story MPLSioux? xcoffeex

bincitysioux
August 2nd, 2007, 10:52 PM
Wow, this started out as a rather interesting thread. Let me attempt to play the role of a "grown-up":

As mentioned earlier, UND and NDSU used to play for the Nickel Trophy. UND had another traveling trophy game up until 1999 also. The Sitting Bull trophy, a wooden bust of the Sioux Cheif, was awarded to the annual winner of the North Dakota-South Dakota game. Unfortunately, political correctness ran amok, and the trophy was retired.

Now back to your regularly scheduled bickering..........Episode title: "Liar, Liar Pants on Fire!!!!!!"

MplsBison
August 2nd, 2007, 10:54 PM
I hate und.

I can tell.

It's so pathetic that you won't even capitalize their initials, as they deserve.

How could it get so bad?

Did UND kill your dog?

MplsBison
August 2nd, 2007, 10:58 PM
we got more people at the SDSU game than we ever did against und.

Everyone who hates UND makes this argument.

And I absolutely don't understand it.

Here's the analogous argument: "no, sorry boss, I don't want another paycheck that pays me 19 thousand instead of 16 thousand, having one 19 thousand paycheck is enough for me."

BS 20 times over.

At this level you automatically schedule any game that is a guaranteed sell out of your stadium. Damn everything else.

You have to do it.

You can't turn down money for childish BS.

slostang
August 2nd, 2007, 11:00 PM
When will you guys realize that the more you respond to Mplsbison's, the more he post and takes over and destoys the thread. Just ignore him.

MplsBison
August 2nd, 2007, 11:02 PM
They can choose to ignore me. Fine with me.

But I won't allow their opinions to go unchallenged as if they were the truth.

slostang
August 2nd, 2007, 11:04 PM
They can choose to ignore me. Fine with me.

But I won't allow their opinions to go unchallenged as if they were the truth.

Argue all you want, just start a new thread so you do not chase off posters that are interested in "What trophy do you and your rival play for?".

BisonBacker
August 2nd, 2007, 11:06 PM
NDSU and SDSU play for the Marker which has already been covered here. xthumbsupx

slostang
August 2nd, 2007, 11:10 PM
NDSU and SDSU play for the Marker which has already been covered here. xthumbsupx

It has turn into a great rivalry. Last year's game was for more than the Marker. The winner also took home the GWFC hardware too.xthumbsupx

Bearkatpresident
August 2nd, 2007, 11:40 PM
See, I got all excited to see my thread reach ten pages...then I realized why....

*sigh*

813Jag
August 3rd, 2007, 07:01 AM
See, I got all excited to see my thread reach ten pages...then I realized why....

*sigh*
Don't feel alone, he's done that to quite a few threads.

Ronbo
August 3rd, 2007, 09:13 AM
The Little Brown Stein

The Little Brown Stein is a rivalry trophy awarded to the winner of the college football game between the University of Idaho Vandals and University of Montana Grizzlies.

The trophy is, as the name implies, is a large stein mug with the results of all the games between the two painted on.

History
Idaho and Montana first played in 1903 with Idaho winning 28-0. Idaho for the most part has dominated the series (55-27-2). Montana has won the last four matches despite the fact that Idaho moved up to NCAA Division I-A (highest division) while Montana remains at Division I-AA.

MplsBison
August 3rd, 2007, 10:52 AM
If the Big Ten expands, it could possibly reach all the way to the WAC.

Any idea if Montana would be considered as a WAC replacement?

Rabbit3467
August 3rd, 2007, 08:09 PM
NDSU & SDSU play 4 the Dakota Marker.... So far: Bison: 2, Jacks: 1.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/footballer23/markertrophy.gif

The Bison have also had the last two games at home (which they won) due to weird scheduling in the GWFC. This year they get to go to Coughlin and last time they were there is the one win. The jacks really struggle in the dome, this year should be a great game.

Grizalltheway
August 3rd, 2007, 08:09 PM
http://www.thehatchreport.com/images/pirates-of-the-caribbean.jpg

Brought to you by: NDSU fans, featuring MplsBison.

Rabbit3467
August 3rd, 2007, 08:12 PM
If the Big Ten expands, it could possibly reach all the way to the WAC.

Any idea if Montana would be considered as a WAC replacement?

Have you read the topic of this thread????xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx

SoDakState
August 3rd, 2007, 08:15 PM
The Bison have also had the last two games at home (which they won) due to weird scheduling in the GWFC. This year they get to go to Coughlin and last time they were there is the one win. The jacks really struggle in the dome, this year should be a great game.

well put. i think it will be a close game actually, even though ndsu has higher preseason rank

I-AA Fan
August 4th, 2007, 09:09 AM
Here is a fairly complete list I was working on. I never added it to the site, as I did not have the time, or the responses from the institutions. I may do something with it later this year.

http://www.petespoll.com/trophies.shtml

By all means, send any additions or changes you feel are needed.

ncman071
August 4th, 2007, 10:11 AM
hmmm, pic must have been taken before the game. jk.

JBB
August 4th, 2007, 04:59 PM
NDSU has one trophy game with SDSU. Its turned into the game of the year and looks like it will be televised annually along with a lot of other BISON games.

After that it would be the GWFC teams especially UCD and Poly. I expect openings in the future NDSU schedules, at least for the next couple of years will be taken up by those teams.

Looming rivalry: UNI. This will be the renwal of an old NCC rivalry. UNI was one of the great teams in old NCC history. I think NDSU has some catching up to do. That gives us 2 traditional rivals in SDSU and UNI.

MplsBison
August 4th, 2007, 06:18 PM
NDSU also has a longstanding trophy game with UND.

Every time you try to pretend that UND doesn't exist, JBB, I'll be right here to drag you out of your fantasy.

R.A.
August 4th, 2007, 06:34 PM
Hampton and Howard play in the Battle of "Real HU."

But we don't play for anything, yet.

Maybe we should both play for a big HU trophy, and whichever team wins, gets the trophy and the right to be called The Real HU for that year.