PDA

View Full Version : Would NCCU - NCA&T - WSSU & SCSU Be A Good Fit For The Big South?

Bro. Askia Musa Afiba
July 31st, 2007, 09:14 PM
Would NC Central - NC A&T - Winston-Salem State and SC State Be A Good Fit For The Big South Conference as a Package Deal?
http://www.bigsouthsports.com/

What Do You All Think?

Take Care!

HIU 93
July 31st, 2007, 09:25 PM
No. Why would A&T and Winston leave a conference with an auto bid for one without a bid at all? Why would Central join a league without a bid when they are almost a lock for MEAC membership?

CoastalFan2005
July 31st, 2007, 09:29 PM
As a package deal, no, since I believe that would at some point put the Big South at 11 football members (CCU, VMI, Liberty, CSU, GWU, Presby and Stony Brook plus those four.).

However, if SCSU wanted to leave the MEAC, the Big South would be absolutely stupid to not offer them a spot.

SuperJon
July 31st, 2007, 10:54 PM
Stony Brook is only a temporary fix. Other than that, they'd be a good fit, although A&T sucks right now. If SCSt stays where they are, and the other three get better on a consistent basis (as it seems all the Big South schools are doing), then sure. I know the two moving from DII are in the process of transitioning, which would be somewhat of a detractor, but who knows, down the line, it could be possible.

Sly Fox
August 1st, 2007, 10:04 AM
We're not looking for anymore transitional members. But we'd certainly love to have Hampton, SC State and NC A&T as a package deal. xthumbsupx

RMH NCCU93
August 1st, 2007, 01:42 PM
if the Big South expand would the confernece winner get a automatic bid to the playoffs?

11 or 12 teams is what the norm is for the big boys to get more money.

Big Ten wants to add a new team and the ACC, SEC, Big 12 have 12 teams. (I think)

I think it can work, if it does not work do like the Big East did Temple kick us out.

Sly Fox
August 1st, 2007, 03:47 PM
The Big South is already lining itself up to become auto bid eligible based on the Stony Brook deal.

zilla
August 1st, 2007, 09:04 PM
We're not looking for anymore transitional members. But we'd certainly love to have Hampton, SC State and NC A&T as a package deal. xthumbsupx

You never know, Sly. West Georgia may give the Big South a look when they eventually move to FCS (whenever that may be - just rumor right now). Either us or the OVC. At least that's what I've heard from several Wolf fans.

g-webb1994
August 2nd, 2007, 09:53 AM
Sure, that makes sense, as well as the WGA rumors.

I can't see Wingate sitting by much longer at the D-2 level either, with UNC-Charlotte making a move toward football and PC moving up.

Punchykky
August 6th, 2007, 05:05 PM
Isn't Kennesaw State looking to field a D1-AA football team in a few years?

CCU97
August 6th, 2007, 07:15 PM
Kennesaw St. is actually looking for FBS not FCS....Georgia State may find a fit in FCS but currently are also exploring their options. I think anything right now would just be wishful thinking on any of our parts for the Big South....but I would love to see Hampton and SC St as they are both great teams and have some great fans.

Lapper
August 7th, 2007, 12:49 PM
Yes. NCCU, Delaware State, SCSU, but I don't know about the rams or aggies. Having Stoney Brook as a temp, I hope we can steal some schools from the MEAC. Hampton wouldn't be too shabby at all, but I see them going to CAA or SoCon. West Georgia would likely go to the conference that Jacksonville State is in (OVC?).

R.A.
August 7th, 2007, 06:26 PM
Would NC Central - NC A&T - Winston-Salem State and SC State Be A Good Fit For The Big South Conference as a Package Deal?
http://www.bigsouthsports.com/

What Do You All Think?

Take Care!

The Big South is for schools that haven't established themselves yet on the FCS level... like WSSU and NCCU.

SCSU and NC A&T belong in the SoCon.