PDA

View Full Version : Are your schools practices open or closed to the public?

CSUBUCDAD
July 31st, 2007, 12:03 PM
Coach Mills has decided to close all practices to the public this year. This will just add fuel to fire for everyone who wants to know what kind of offense they will run after lossing Drafts and Price.

Cobblestone
July 31st, 2007, 12:05 PM
Most are closed but there will be a few controlled scrimmages open to the public towards the end of August.

813Jag
July 31st, 2007, 12:13 PM
Most practices are open, only a few scrimmages are closed. Alot of people go on campus to watch practice. Sometimes it's like being at a game.

Ronbo
July 31st, 2007, 12:22 PM
They are open because they are at practice fields that are easily accessible for anyone. The fields are adjacent to a park with picnic tables and lot's of shade trees to sit under.

Now when we get the indoor practice facility this might change.

GOKATS
July 31st, 2007, 12:23 PM
In the past- open with few exceptions. New head coach this fall, but I doubt if things will change. The only way they could close paractices would be to move from the practice fields to the stadium & I don't see that happening.

andy7171
July 31st, 2007, 12:26 PM
As far as I know they are open, but if you are a coach, they ask you to call ahead. The football practice fields are adjacent to the soccer field and at the bottom of a giant hill next to Unitas Stadium, not sure how they would police watching.

MplsBison
July 31st, 2007, 12:32 PM
We have nothing to hide.

jstate83
July 31st, 2007, 12:37 PM
Open.
We could not close them if we tried.xlolx

Our practice field run parellel to the neighborhood.
People set out in their front yard's and watch the team practice or walk over to campus and watch from the bleachers set up along the fence seperating campus form the neighborhood.xnodx

Great atmosphere at night when the team is hitting and the band is pumping in the background from their practice field on the other side of campus.xthumbsupx

andy7171
July 31st, 2007, 12:39 PM
We have nothing to hide.

All you have to do is get inside the dome! :D

mrklean
July 31st, 2007, 12:44 PM
They were open to the public but now they are closed

GoGuins
July 31st, 2007, 12:50 PM
All practices/scrimmages open at YSU

stuperman17
July 31st, 2007, 12:51 PM
YSU practices are always open.

813Jag
July 31st, 2007, 01:01 PM
Open.
We could not close them if we tried.xlolx

Our practice field run parellel to the neighborhood.
People set out in their front yard's and watch the team practice or walk over to campus and watch from the bleachers set up along the fence seperating campus form the neighborhood.xnodx

Great atmosphere at night when the team is hitting and the band is pumping in the background from their practice field on the other side of campus.xthumbsupx
It's the same on the yard. As the season goes on, you can tell how good the team is doing by the amount of people at practice.

jstate83
July 31st, 2007, 01:14 PM
It's the same on the yard. As the season goes on, you can tell how good the team is doing by the amount of people at practice.

Tell me about it.

Every coach up to HUGH's at JSU got packed practices every night.
Thursday and Friday night's were a mad house.
Comegy and crew has brought that back.

Robert Brazil was in town for the Mississippi HOF inductions.
I gotta get a JSU JERSEY auto'ed by him to frame. .xbowx
Hope he comes to the 1st practice. xthumbsupx

The 3 years Bell was there, if someone was in their front yard, they were washing their cars.xlolx
NOBODY wanted to see anything that man produced except the most diehard dreamers.xlolx
And even they were there only to vent from a distance. xnodx

813Jag
July 31st, 2007, 01:22 PM
Tell me about it.

Every coach up to HUGH's at JSU got packed practices every night.
Thursday and Friday night's were a mad house.
Comegy and crew has brought that back.

Robert Brazil was in town for the Mississippi HOF inductions.
I gotta get a JSU JERSEY auto'ed by him to frame. .xbowx
Hope he comes to the 1st practice. xthumbsupx

The 3 years Bell was there, if someone was in their front yard, they were washing their cars.xlolx
NOBODY wanted to see anything that man produced except the most diehard dreamers.xlolx
And even they were there only to vent from a distance. xnodx
Bell did y'all so dirty. I hated to see that happen. xnonono2x Looks like JSU is coming back around. Good luck this year, execpt in Mumford. xlolx

jstate83
July 31st, 2007, 01:25 PM
Bell did y'all so dirty. I hated to see that happen. xnonono2x Looks like JSU is coming back around. Good luck this year, execpt in Mumford. xlolx

Good luck also.

And UMMMM........................:D
(Tell them SU pranksters to leave our bus break lines alone). xlolx

danefan
July 31st, 2007, 02:08 PM
Open. We get a lot of high school coaches that watch practice.

Especially open during the NY Giants camp which overlaps for usually 1 or 2 weeks. Giants can get upwards of 5,000 at practice and when we had practice after the Giants you could get a bunch of people sticking around, especially little kids.

813Jag
July 31st, 2007, 02:23 PM
Good luck also.

And UMMMM........................:D
(Tell them SU pranksters to leave our bus break lines alone). xlolx
I'll tell 'em. We're gonna use the old clock routine. xlolx

EKU05
July 31st, 2007, 02:30 PM
Open at EKU.

jstate83
July 31st, 2007, 02:39 PM
I'll tell 'em. We're gonna use the old clock routine. xlolx

OH LAWD.xlolx
Not the 4th qtr. scoreboard malfunction.xlolx

zilla
July 31st, 2007, 02:41 PM
I'm pretty sure all of Coastal's practices are open.

I've watched them practice before.

GAD
July 31st, 2007, 02:48 PM
Most practices are open, only a few scrimmages are closed. Alot of people go on campus to watch practice. Sometimes it's like being at a game.
When I find out what time they practice, I'll probably check them out Fri.

McNeese75
July 31st, 2007, 03:49 PM
Wide open (just like the practice field) xnodx

boonedocks
July 31st, 2007, 07:49 PM
All of App's practices are open, as far as I know. They are in the stadium, but I used to go over once or twice a week and watch practice.

GSUhooligan
July 31st, 2007, 07:57 PM
They were open to the public but now they are closed

Since when? If you're talking about DoucheGorder closing practices, that was given up on. They just have the tennis court-like screen to limit distractions, but I was at many of them last year. Spring practice was open, so unless Hatcher changed his mind, anyone can come see the Hatch Attack in action.

bobbythekidd
July 31st, 2007, 08:27 PM
Hatcher stated it would be open at the press conference announcing him as Head Coach.

He did state that he might ask the press to turn off the cameras for a few moments, but the rest is open.

ngineer
July 31st, 2007, 08:36 PM
I think ours are all closed.

McNeese72
July 31st, 2007, 09:47 PM
Wide open (just like the practice field) xnodx

And the fans are actually encouraged to attend (especially the scrimmages).

Doc

Bear Fan 101
August 1st, 2007, 08:54 AM
unless something changes around here, ours are open to the public. But it would be hard to close off practice the way our practice field sits. They can close it off when they go into the Pepsi Americas Center and close the doors to it. But there really aren't that many distractions at UCA's practices.

MarkCCU
August 1st, 2007, 09:50 AM
Bennett has his open