PDA

View Full Version : Chattanooga

BLUEMOC20
July 30th, 2007, 09:21 AM
Can anyone say DARKHORSE. I believe that Chattanooga is playing with nothing to lose because people already think they are going to be bad. What do you'll think?

89Hen
July 30th, 2007, 09:47 AM
What do you'll think?
I think we've heard it before. UTC has fooled us one too many times at the threat of being a darkhorse.

But, welcome to the board and please keep posting. xthumbsupx

GannonFan
July 30th, 2007, 09:49 AM
Yup, UT-Chatty has been playing with nothing to lose for about 20 years now - why should this year be any different?

OL FU
July 30th, 2007, 11:02 AM
Agree with the Hen boysxnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

chattanoogamocs
July 30th, 2007, 02:39 PM
Yeah, but this year is different....new uniforms! ;)

Eaglesrus
July 30th, 2007, 02:46 PM
Can anyone say DARKHORSE. I believe that Chattanooga is playing with nothing to lose because people already think they are going to be bad. What do you'll think?

I think that our guys will be focussed because of our game last year, not thinking you're bad. After last year we obviously can't overlook or look beyond anybody!

OL FU
July 30th, 2007, 03:15 PM
Yeah, but this year is different....new uniforms! ;)

xthumbsupx Darkhorses should be stylin'xnodx

GreatAppSt
July 30th, 2007, 04:28 PM
I think we've heard it before. UTC has fooled us one too many times at the threat of being a darkhorse.

But, welcome to the board and please keep posting. xthumbsupx

Second.xnodx

james_lawfirm
July 30th, 2007, 05:49 PM

First, I agree that if everyone thinks a team will be bad, then they could be overlooked. I don't think that in and of itself means that bad team is a "darkhorse." Sometimes, those bad teams are just ... bad.

Now, don't get me wrong, I wish them the best. But, the SoCon will be a tough conference in '07. And, in an average year, half of the 8 teams will have losing seasons. Boy, isn't that a profound thought! Actually, I think Western may lose enough to skew the average again. I predict some pretty good teams, compared to OOC teams, will have losing seasons in the SoCon. Unfortunately for BlueMoc20, that includes the Mocs.

I still remember when ASU went to Chatty in '04. We scored 56 points on the Mocs - AND LOST!!! xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx

T-Dog
July 30th, 2007, 07:52 PM
I still remember when ASU went to Chatty in '04. We scored 56 points on the Mocs - AND LOST!!! xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx

And then we went back in 06 regular season and scored 56 points - AND WON (ON THEIR HOMECOMING)!!! xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

james_lawfirm
July 30th, 2007, 07:57 PM
And then we went back in 06 regular season and scored 56 points - AND WON (ON THEIR HOMECOMING)!!! xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

Yep. And it felt good. But we shouldn't have lost in '04. Richie was on fire & the defense was defenseless.

HaveFunKc
July 31st, 2007, 10:58 PM
Yep. And it felt good. But we shouldn't have lost in '04. Richie was on fire & the defense was defenseless.

That was truly a shame... xsmhx

AndrewFU21
August 1st, 2007, 12:23 AM
Well, the Mocs have to replace their best player in Eldra Buckley, they have very little stability at the QB position, and the defense was near the bottom of the league last year, so there are a lot of questions to be answered. With the relative strength of the conference seemingly up this year, the Mocs may struggle as ASU, FU and Wofford look to have very good teams, and GSU and Cid look to be much improved. Chattanooga should be better than Western and Elon, but they'll have a hard time coming up with a winning record, especially with OOC games like Arkansas, Jacksonville State, and WKU.

chattanoogamocs
August 1st, 2007, 01:53 AM

A little credit must be given here...there were 2 QB's on fire, not just Richie (and both defensive were odious)

As for last year, the defense has improved 2 straight years and I think they will improve again this year.

As bad as they looked last year against ASU and Wofford, y'all seem to forget that (besides beating TTU, GSU, and WCU) the Mocs lost to...

WKU by only 7 (on the road), 28-21
The Citadel by 3 (on the road), 24-21 (after missing a game tying FG)
Furman by 6 (on the road), in OT, 22-28
Elon by 3, (home) 17-20
JSU by 3, (home) 10-13 (after R.A. took the tying points off the board...still shaking my head on that one)

That is 5 losses by a total of 22 points.

The Mocs were "in" 8 of the 11 games they played last year (Memphis being the 3rd after ASU and Woffie, and the UM game was a "respectable" 33-14). The record might not have shown in with only 3 wins, but in many way, it was an improvement over the 6-5 year in 2005.

The Mocs lost Buckley, but have Errol Wynn, who as a freshman averaged 5.9 yards per carry in limited action. He is bigger, faster, and stronger than Bucks.

As for QB, we have a senior QB who is a great leader on and off the field and an extremely hard worker who didn't make a peep when he lost his starting job last year (and even offered to play WR if it would help the team). Miller has one more chance to show us what we all thought he was capable of...I really hope he can come through, he deserves to finish off strong.