PDA

View Full Version : NC Central "Eagles" Starts Camp On Sunday (July 29)

Bro. Askia Musa Afiba
July 29th, 2007, 11:23 PM
NCCU FOOTBALL OPENS CAMP SUNDAY
http://web.www.nccu.edu/athletics

DURHAM, NC - The 2007 edition of the North Carolina Central University football program, led by new head coach Mose Rison, reports to camp Sunday (July 29) to prepare for its first season of NCAA Division I-Championship Subdivision competition.

Rison is expecting 90 student-athletes to report on Sunday, which will be a day of settling in to the residence hall and attending the first team meeting.

Monday will be full of presentations regarding compliance, academics and other campus business. Equipment will be issued Tuesday morning, followed by physical examinations in the evening. Wednesday will include morning conditioning and the team's first practice at 4 p.m.

The Eagles are coming off their best season in school history. In 2006, NCCU repeated as CIAA Champions, posted a perfect regular season for the first time in the school's 83-year gridiron history, won 11 games for the first time in school history, earned the No. 1 ranking in the Southeast Region, finished as the No. 4 ranked team in the NCAA Division II (AFCA), and captured the school's first-ever SBN Black College National Championship.

NCCU's quest to defend its SBN Black College Football National Championship begins Aug. 25 at Albany State University in Albany, Ga.

Mountaineer
July 30th, 2007, 12:03 AM
Good stuff Bro. (ha!) xthumbsupx

It'll be interesting to see how the Eagles fare this season. I wish you guys the best of luck. xnodx

Welcome to the board too! :D

Bro. Askia Musa Afiba
July 30th, 2007, 12:09 AM
Thank You and Good Luck with your program this year, as well.

Take care!

SoCon48
July 30th, 2007, 07:34 AM
NCCU FOOTBALL OPENS CAMP SUNDAY
http://web.www.nccu.edu/athletics

DURHAM, NC - The 2007 edition of the North Carolina Central University football program, led by new head coach Mose Rison, reports to camp Sunday (July 29) to prepare for its first season of NCAA Division I-Championship Subdivision competition.

Rison is expecting 90 student-athletes to report on Sunday, which will be a day of settling in to the residence hall and attending the first team meeting.

Monday will be full of presentations regarding compliance, academics and other campus business. Equipment will be issued Tuesday morning, followed by physical examinations in the evening. Wednesday will include morning conditioning and the team's first practice at 4 p.m.

The Eagles are coming off their best season in school history. In 2006, NCCU repeated as CIAA Champions, posted a perfect regular season for the first time in the school's 83-year gridiron history, won 11 games for the first time in school history, earned the No. 1 ranking in the Southeast Region, finished as the No. 4 ranked team in the NCAA Division II (AFCA), and captured the school's first-ever SBN Black College National Championship.

NCCU's quest to defend its SBN Black College Football National Championship begins Aug. 25 at Albany State University in Albany, Ga.

Good luck this season.
BTW, what was the reason Rod Broadway left for Grambling? He was a quality individual and a good coach!

Bro. Askia Musa Afiba
July 30th, 2007, 07:49 AM
I-AA 2006

Thank you so much for your best wishes regarding NCCU.

http://www.gsutigers.com/multimedia/news_images/football/RodBroadway.jpg

Perhaps the following News Articles (http://p067.ezboard.com/fnccueaglesfrm2.showMessage?topicID=1105.topic) can give you a little more information, regarding Coach Broadway's very personal family decision to leave the Raleigh-Durham NC area and move on to Grambling State.

Thank You for your interest, regarding NCCU.

Take Care!

mikebigg
July 30th, 2007, 08:42 AM
Good luck to you guys at NCCU. We are (so far) quite pleased with Coach Broadway. He seems to be the old school type guy who's not into a lot of rhetoric but emphasis on making your men better people as well as better football players. It's possible to do both but it really takes a special guy.

Although he's two coaches post Eddie Robinson, he will still feel the huge shadow left by Coach Rob. I think he can handle it because he seems to be confident in who he is and what he brings to the table. Coach Rob indeed left a huge shadow but he also left a legacy of winning and winning the right way. I think Coach Broadway will embrace that legacy and carve out his niche with the ICON faithful.

Bro. Askia Musa Afiba
July 30th, 2007, 09:51 AM
MikeBigg

Thank You so much regarding your best wishes for NCCU. Yes indeed, Coach Broadway is exactly the way you have described him. He is also a very good coach and a true student of the Game. We all love and respect Coach Broadway a lot, here at NCCU, in Durham, NC.

We here in "EagleLand" wish Coach Broadway and the Grambling State Family the very best.

Hopefully somewhere down the road, in the not too distant future, NCCU will have another chance to play Grambling State again.

Take care!

Go...gate
July 30th, 2007, 03:11 PM
Welcome to Division I and AGS, and best wishes! :)

I understand that NCCU and Colgate will be playing hoops this season, as well - sounds very good! xthumbsupx

Bro. Askia Musa Afiba
July 30th, 2007, 04:07 PM
Go...gate

Thank You very much and best of Luck to your team as well.

If I am not mistaken, the NCCU "Eagles" Men Basketball Team will pay Colgate a visit on 2-23-08.

Hopefully, it will be a great game.

Take Care!

TheBisonator
July 30th, 2007, 09:42 PM
Good luck in the FCS, NCCU!!xthumbsupx

We play youse guys in basketball this year in the Blue Ribbon Classic.:)

Tribe4SF
July 31st, 2007, 06:52 AM
Go...gate

Thank You very much and best of Luck to your team as well.

If I am not mistaken, the NCCU "Eagles" Men Basketball Team will pay Colgate a visit on 2-23-08.

Hopefully, it will be a great game.

Take Care!

We're going to need a shorter name for you. Bro is good, but I like BAMA.

You are well on your way to an AGS Award next Spring for "Most Polite Poster"!!!xthumbsupx

Welcome aboard, BAMA!

RMH NCCU93
July 31st, 2007, 08:00 AM
Do not speak to quick on that Tribe. :)

An Eagle is full of grace but can bring a storm in a second

Anyone from the Bigsouth out there?

GO NCCU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bro. Askia Musa Afiba
July 31st, 2007, 08:16 AM
Tribe4SF

BAMA is fine. In fact, I have relatives on my father's side from Alabama. Good Luck to your Athletics program.

TheBisonator

Thank You for your Best wishes re: NCCU. Yes, Our "Eagles" will look forward to facing your guys in Men's Basketball via the Blue Ribbin Classic.

Hopefully, It should be a good game.

Take Care!

Bro. Askia Musa Afiba
July 31st, 2007, 08:20 AM

Do not speak to quick on that Tribe.

An Eagle is full of grace but can bring a storm in a second

Anyone from the Bigsouth out there?

GO NCCU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xnodx xlolx xnodx xpeacex

Eeeeeeeeeee Funk!!!!!!!!