PDA

View Full Version : I told you so- no MEAC Championship Game

HIU 93
July 29th, 2007, 03:52 PM
MEAC NOTES MEAC Commissioner Dennis Thomas confirmed Friday that the conference will not split into divisions when Winston-Salem State becomes eligible in 2010 for conference play, nor will it conduct a conference championship game. Instead, the conference will play a round-robin schedule with two schools rotating off of each team's schedule for two years at a time.

http://www.dailypress.com/sports/dp-now-meac.jl27,0,1006987.story

TexasTerror
July 29th, 2007, 05:58 PM
11 teams in the MEAC, right?

Each team loses two teams a season, so eight game conference schedules? If that is the case, I hope they play one Classic against another HBCU, an FBS and an FCS...

MACHIAVELLI
July 29th, 2007, 07:12 PM
WSSU got punked eligible in 2010 for conference play.

TexasTerror
July 29th, 2007, 08:37 PM
WSSU got punked eligible in 2010 for conference play.

Is it because WSSU is transitioning over a few years to the full allotment of scholarships?

If it is, then they are doing something another conference should've done when it it had members who were not committed to the full allotment...xwhistlex

CopperCat
July 29th, 2007, 08:54 PM
Splitting into divisions has advantages, and disadvantages. One division might become noticably stronger than the other and win the championship every year. I know its an FBS example, but look at the Big 12 North and South. North sucks, South wins almost every year. I don't know that I would want divisions in my conference for fear of something like that happening.

Bro. Askia Musa Afiba
July 29th, 2007, 11:55 PM
When NCCU rejoins the MEAC, I don't think the MEAC will divide into divisions at that time, as well.

Go MEAC !!!!

Take care!

bosshogg
July 30th, 2007, 08:05 AM
11 teams in the MEAC, right?

Each team loses two teams a season, so eight game conference schedules? If that is the case, I hope they play one Classic against another HBCU, an FBS and an FCS...

Amen to that!

89Hen
July 30th, 2007, 09:12 AM
Splitting into divisions has advantages, and disadvantages.
No disadvantages in I-AA IMO. This will allow the MEAC to continue to participate in the playoffs. xthumbsupx

YoUDeeMan
July 30th, 2007, 01:09 PM
Splitting into divisions has advantages, and disadvantages. One division might become noticably stronger than the other and win the championship every year. I know its an FBS example, but look at the Big 12 North and South. North sucks, South wins almost every year. I don't know that I would want divisions in my conference for fear of something like that happening.

The A-10/CAA seem to be doing fine with two divisions. xnodx The MEAC will be fine.

Hansel
July 30th, 2007, 01:14 PM
No disadvantages in I-AA IMO. This will allow the MEAC to continue to participate in the playoffs. xthumbsupx
what is I-AA?